A car that runs on air

AlyceTheElectrician
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 5:50:37 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/27/2016 3:15:11 PM, loveymore wrote:
Not new concept. Remember the steam engines? What do you think about it?

https://www.youtube.com...

before I watched the video I knew that the car would be a very loud noise polluter, and I wonder what the vibration analysis is for the car, as vibrations can have significant negative health affects on the human body.

If the makers can find a way to neutralize the vibration and noise, and make the car a sexier than....maybe.

definitely not going to blow the car market away, actually I'd be very surprised if it even takes off, but good luck to them though!
Be who you are, Say what you feel, Because those who mind don"t matter, And those who matter don't mind.

BANGTAN! Blood, Sweat, & Tears> Check it out yes! https://www.youtube.com...
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2016 8:36:42 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 8/30/2016 5:50:37 PM, AlyceTheElectrician wrote:

before I watched the video I knew that the car would be a very loud noise polluter, and I wonder what the vibration analysis is for the car, as vibrations can have significant negative health affects on the human body.

If the makers can find a way to neutralize the vibration and noise, and make the car a sexier than....maybe.

definitely not going to blow the car market away, actually I'd be very surprised if it even takes off, but good luck to them though!

if it takes off it would be an air plane :P there's too many "ifs" if they could make it efficient enough and produce enough power to make it viable, noise issues etc etc that's pretty much the issue with all alternative fuel sources, but ya never know, maybe someday.
AlyceTheElectrician
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2016 12:22:25 AM
At 9/16/2016 8:36:42 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

if it takes off it would be an air plane :P there's too many "ifs" if they could make it efficient enough and produce enough power to make it viable, noise issues etc etc that's pretty much the issue with all alternative fuel sources, but ya never know, maybe someday.

lol..

Self driving cars, now that's something to look forward too, did you hear, Uber has a fleet of self driving cars currently under test trial, this is really really disconcerting and exciting! I'm excited but not enough to ride in one though....
Be who you are, Say what you feel, Because those who mind don"t matter, And those who matter don't mind.

BANGTAN! Blood, Sweat, & Tears> Check it out yes! https://www.youtube.com...
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2016 12:29:40 AM
At 9/17/2016 12:22:25 AM, AlyceTheElectrician wrote:
At 9/16/2016 8:36:42 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

lol..

Self driving cars, now that's something to look forward too, did you hear, Uber has a fleet of self driving cars currently under test trial, this is really really disconcerting and exciting! I'm excited but not enough to ride in one though....

I would travel a lot more that's for sure. I hate long car rides, anything over 3 hours, so boring, could replace passenger trains. Self driving Grey Hound bus? the potential is huge.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2016 12:49:38 PM

Energy is never lost only transferred. One only has to look at the trusty laws of thermodynamics to see if any energy source will work. Air has no potential energy in it's natural state. Therefore it can not be used as a fuel source other than to be compressed which would require another source of energy to compress it to release that stored energy created by the source used to compress the air.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 10:20:28 PM
At 9/17/2016 12:49:38 PM, sadolite wrote:

Energy is never lost only transferred.

True.

One only has to look at the trusty laws of thermodynamics to see if any energy source will work. Air has no potential energy in it's natural state.

False. Everything has potential energy. Air has oxygen in it and you are converting that energy to move your fingers to type right now.

Therefore it can not be used as a fuel source other than to be compressed which would require another source of energy to compress it to release that stored energy created by the source used to compress the air.

Perhaps some day somebody Will engineer an oxygen car. That will be the day I completely give up on this society as having any moral fiber left in it, as fat greedy people use up the earth's o2 for their cars. Or maybe I've already given up?
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 1:16:11 AM
At 9/20/2016 10:20:28 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

True.

One only has to look at the trusty laws of thermodynamics to see if any energy source will work. Air has no potential energy in it's natural state.

False. Everything has potential energy. Air has oxygen in it and you are converting that energy to move your fingers to type right now.

Therefore it can not be used as a fuel source other than to be compressed which would require another source of energy to compress it to release that stored energy created by the source used to compress the air.

Perhaps some day somebody Will engineer an oxygen car. That will be the day I completely give up on this society as having any moral fiber left in it, as fat greedy people use up the earth's o2 for their cars. Or maybe I've already given up?

Another energy source is required to separate oxygen from air. Air in it's natural state can not combust or generate heat . It is not perpetual until it is exhausted like known fuel sources once ignited.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 1:37:18 AM
At 9/21/2016 1:16:11 AM, sadolite wrote:

True.

Another energy source is required to separate oxygen from air. Air in it's natural state can not combust or generate heat . It is not perpetual until it is exhausted like known fuel sources once ignited.

I think you got me on that one lol. Oh wait this is DDO I should work the semantic angle and then start calling you names haha
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 3:14:53 PM

True.

The earth's O2 is like 20% of the atmosphere, at a high level in earth's history, and remaining stable.

One atmospheric reason people complain about cars is that they are not Carbon neutral. When you burn fossil fuels you put something new into the atmosphere. However that issue is largely a non-issue in countries like Brazil, that run largely Biofuel which has a cyclical carbon cycle. Ironically Brazilian deforestation is also likely to be releasing massive amounts of previously stored CO2 into the atmosphere. Of course in time, that carbon will be sucked back up by plants and returned to the forest. Its just a matter of how much time.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 1:26:07 AM
At 9/23/2016 3:14:53 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

True.

The earth's O2 is like 20% of the atmosphere, at a high level in earth's history, and remaining stable.

One atmospheric reason people complain about cars is that they are not Carbon neutral. When you burn fossil fuels you put something new into the atmosphere. However that issue is largely a non-issue in countries like Brazil, that run largely Biofuel which has a cyclical carbon cycle. Ironically Brazilian deforestation is also likely to be releasing massive amounts of previously stored CO2 into the atmosphere. Of course in time, that carbon will be sucked back up by plants and returned to the forest. Its just a matter of how much time.

I think it's fascinating that the way life is inevitably going to become extinct is a lack of carbon in the atmosphere.
Beliefs in a nutshell: