Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

Need a Material that meets my parameters

Quadrunner
Posts: 1,513
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 3:20:28 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
I've got a project going at my house and I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I'm looking for the best material for a fairly challenging job. It needs to...

Have a lot of compliance, lots of flexibility like fabric, or foil, not necessarily that thin. The ability to change shape is the important part.
Seal Air
It needs to be something I can cut and form fairly easily.
Be somewhat sturdy, as it will have air pressure applied to it constantly.
Be adhered to a metal surface in a wet environment.
Be able to last through thousands of bending cycles....as many as I can get.
Withstand at least 400 degrees preferably much higher but I'll take what I can get.
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,727
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2016 4:34:32 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 11/18/2016 3:20:28 AM, Quadrunner wrote:
I've got a project going at my house and I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I'm looking for the best material for a fairly challenging job. It needs to...

Have a lot of compliance, lots of flexibility like fabric, or foil, not necessarily that thin. The ability to change shape is the important part.
Seal Air
It needs to be something I can cut and form fairly easily.
Be somewhat sturdy, as it will have air pressure applied to it constantly.
Be adhered to a metal surface in a wet environment.
Be able to last through thousands of bending cycles....as many as I can get.
Withstand at least 400 degrees preferably much higher but I'll take what I can get.

Mylar?

and do you mean 400 F or C?
Quadrunner
Posts: 1,513
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 2:32:45 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 11/20/2016 4:34:32 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 11/18/2016 3:20:28 AM, Quadrunner wrote:
I've got a project going at my house and I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I'm looking for the best material for a fairly challenging job. It needs to...

Have a lot of compliance, lots of flexibility like fabric, or foil, not necessarily that thin. The ability to change shape is the important part.
Seal Air
It needs to be something I can cut and form fairly easily.
Be somewhat sturdy, as it will have air pressure applied to it constantly.
Be adhered to a metal surface in a wet environment.
Be able to last through thousands of bending cycles....as many as I can get.
Withstand at least 400 degrees preferably much higher but I'll take what I can get.

Mylar?

and do you mean 400 F or C?

Why didn't I think of that? They make speakers and blankets out of that stuff. I bet it can take all sorts of moving around. I meant 400 F, but I didn't say so because I figured I'd have two teams working on high and minimum temp solutions.
Quadrunner
Posts: 1,513
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 2:33:36 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 11/23/2016 2:32:45 AM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 11/20/2016 4:34:32 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 11/18/2016 3:20:28 AM, Quadrunner wrote:
I've got a project going at my house and I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I'm looking for the best material for a fairly challenging job. It needs to...

Have a lot of compliance, lots of flexibility like fabric, or foil, not necessarily that thin. The ability to change shape is the important part.
Seal Air
It needs to be something I can cut and form fairly easily.
Be somewhat sturdy, as it will have air pressure applied to it constantly.
Be adhered to a metal surface in a wet environment.
Be able to last through thousands of bending cycles....as many as I can get.
Withstand at least 400 degrees preferably much higher but I'll take what I can get.

Mylar?

and do you mean 400 F or C?

Why didn't I think of that? They make speakers and blankets out of that stuff. I bet it can take all sorts of moving around. I meant 400 F, but I didn't say so because I figured I'd have two teams working on high and minimum temp solutions.

In reality its going to have low temp steam hitting it and I need a factor of safety.
GrimlyF
Posts: 285
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 5:16:36 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Thermoplastic. It's used in Jet engines.
See the happy moron: he doesn't give a damn:I wish I were a moron:My God! perhaps I am!. Anonymous.
I was being economical with the truth. Sir. R. Armstrong. 1986.
assignmenthelp1
Posts: 10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2017 1:10:10 AM
Posted: 1 day ago
HND Assignment help is the leading assignment help company offering high quality assignment help services in UK, US and Australia. Connect with us for assignment help services at login to, http://www.hndassignmenthelp.co.uk...