Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Will cash be a thing of the past

FanboyMctroll
Posts: 1,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 4:54:07 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
With today's technology advancing at breakneck speed, we have many different methods of payment, credit card, debit card, wire transfers, is cash going to become obsolete. Are we all going to get a RFID chip implanted and we will just swipe anytime we need anything, groceries, services, gas, just swipe your hand.

With today's digital world we don't need cash anymore, we do all our banking, shopping on-line, cash is being used less and less, money laundering just won't have the same meaning if we get rid of cash.

Is this the end of an era of cash?
Archaholic
Posts: 1,117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 4:48:31 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 11/22/2016 4:54:07 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
With today's technology advancing at breakneck speed, we have many different methods of payment, credit card, debit card, wire transfers, is cash going to become obsolete. Are we all going to get a RFID chip implanted and we will just swipe anytime we need anything, groceries, services, gas, just swipe your hand.

With today's digital world we don't need cash anymore, we do all our banking, shopping on-line, cash is being used less and less, money laundering just won't have the same meaning if we get rid of cash.

Is this the end of an era of cash?
I've been hearing of this RFID technology since the 2000, but there is nothing in the market so far.

I don't think cash will disappear, poor people and the ones involved in illegal activities don't have credit/debit cards so they use cash for their transactions.

BR
xus00HAY
Posts: 1,489
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2016 1:01:25 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
According to the book of revelations we American citizen will have a bar code tattooed on the palm of our hands. When we buy something we run our hand over the scanner, and our picture will appear on the monitor in front of the cashier. Then we will make something like a credit card purchase. In order to buy drugs or a hooker we will have to get pesos,from an atm. A computer will keep track of all the money we had converted to pesos.
Archaholic
Posts: 1,117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2016 4:15:05 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 11/27/2016 1:01:25 AM, xus00HAY wrote:
According to the book of revelations we American citizen will have a bar code tattooed on the palm of our hands. When we buy something we run our hand over the scanner, and our picture will appear on the monitor in front of the cashier. Then we will make something like a credit card purchase. In order to buy drugs or a hooker we will have to get pesos,from an atm. A computer will keep track of all the money we had converted to pesos.

When you say pesos, you mean mexican pesos, right?

I was told that in the US prostitution is illegal. I wouldn't endure a day in that country. LOL.

BR
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 1,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2016 5:16:09 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 11/27/2016 4:15:05 PM, Archaholic wrote:
At 11/27/2016 1:01:25 AM, xus00HAY wrote:
According to the book of revelations we American citizen will have a bar code tattooed on the palm of our hands. When we buy something we run our hand over the scanner, and our picture will appear on the monitor in front of the cashier. Then we will make something like a credit card purchase. In order to buy drugs or a hooker we will have to get pesos,from an atm. A computer will keep track of all the money we had converted to pesos.

When you say pesos, you mean mexican pesos, right?

I was told that in the US prostitution is illegal. I wouldn't endure a day in that country. LOL.

BR

Prostitution is legal in the state of Nevada, they have brothels everywhere, you drive up get a menu and pick what type of girl you want.

I know it because I was just there last week ordering from the menu (just kidding)
xus00HAY
Posts: 1,489
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 1:57:36 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Although prostitution is illegal in most of the US, It is still a business that is thriving.
$20 bills are a tool used to keep this business going.
A man gets a handful of $20 bills from a cash machine and finds a hooker.
You do know who had a $20 bill before you did, you don't know for sure where the person you give it to will take it (or the next person).
Thus the transaction between the man and the hooker could be secret.
If US cash were eliminated the man would have to pay the hooker with a check, and write down who paid and who got it.
There are plenty of people who will resent this and come up with their own method of handling transactions.
So, The employer of the illegals, pays them in pesos, they spend these in a bodega or some other place where they take pesos. and this alternative currency gets into circulation. Drug addicts use pesos to pay the pusher. The pusher uses them to pay the dealer.etc.etc.
This way whenever a perp gets busted he has to think up an explanation where the pesos came from.
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 1,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 5:00:41 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 11/29/2016 1:57:36 AM, xus00HAY wrote:
Although prostitution is illegal in most of the US, It is still a business that is thriving.
$20 bills are a tool used to keep this business going.
A man gets a handful of $20 bills from a cash machine and finds a hooker.
You do know who had a $20 bill before you did, you don't know for sure where the person you give it to will take it (or the next person).
Thus the transaction between the man and the hooker could be secret.
If US cash were eliminated the man would have to pay the hooker with a check, and write down who paid and who got it.
There are plenty of people who will resent this and come up with their own method of handling transactions.
So, The employer of the illegals, pays them in pesos, they spend these in a bodega or some other place where they take pesos. and this alternative currency gets into circulation. Drug addicts use pesos to pay the pusher. The pusher uses them to pay the dealer.etc.etc.
This way whenever a perp gets busted he has to think up an explanation where the pesos came from.

So when the federal government introduces the new barcode tattoo mandatory for all citizens like the immunization for babies, are you signing right up for it.
Quadrunner
Posts: 3,482
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 8:01:54 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 11/22/2016 4:54:07 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
With today's technology advancing at breakneck speed, we have many different methods of payment, credit card, debit card, wire transfers, is cash going to become obsolete. Are we all going to get a RFID chip implanted and we will just swipe anytime we need anything, groceries, services, gas, just swipe your hand.

With today's digital world we don't need cash anymore, we do all our banking, shopping on-line, cash is being used less and less, money laundering just won't have the same meaning if we get rid of cash.

Is this the end of an era of cash?

Cash has got my lifetime left in it. I use it almost exclusively. I enjoy the privacy, and the ease of tangibility for how much I have as well as the security of not requiring a third party for storage. Additionally, since I place my savings in limited currency of practical value and decreasing supply, copper, silver, etc... I have a guarantee of actual value, and market value, in addition to promised monetary value. A number on a machine will fulfill almost none of this for me.
xus00HAY
Posts: 1,489
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 9:20:42 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
So when the federal government introduces the new barcode tattoo mandatory for all citizens like the immunization for babies, are you signing right up for it.

I will have to get the tattoo if I like it or not. Without it, I will not be able to buy anything.
In the Bible's book of revelations, people have to have the "mark of the beast" on them or they cant buy or sell anything.
Quadrunner
Posts: 3,482
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 12:16:19 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 11/29/2016 9:20:42 PM, xus00HAY wrote:
So when the federal government introduces the new barcode tattoo mandatory for all citizens like the immunization for babies, are you signing right up for it.

I will have to get the tattoo if I like it or not. Without it, I will not be able to buy anything.
In the Bible's book of revelations, people have to have the "mark of the beast" on them or they cant buy or sell anything.

Screw that. What if I'm not the same person when I'm older. What's it gonna look like when I stretch out? I might have regrets.
xus00HAY
Posts: 1,489
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 4:42:11 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
The tattoo will be on the palm of your left hand. The skin is all wrinkled there already.
This could be part of President Trump's build a wall policy. People who hire illegals will have to pay a fine. Those people will be forced to decide that hiring illegals will cost too much or they could pay off the national debt in fines.
If they can't get money, the illegals will not have a reason to be here.
When the employer goes to the ATM to get pesos there will be video of him making a withdrawal from his account.
Welfare-Worker
Posts: 1,694
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 4:43:53 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
M-PESA is the poor man's Bitcoin.
All done over a cell phone while you are standing there.
It could replace cash. You could pay the kid who mows your lawn with M-PESA.
Or the guy you buy your contraband from.

It's working in third world countries.
xus00HAY
Posts: 1,489
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2016 4:01:10 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Were this a dream that could come true, i.e. buying and selling in cyber space, the hackers will say " oH this so cool" and figure out how to take the virtual money from someone else's account and buy stuff that will be in their neighbors mailboxes when theyr'e not home, and the hackers will receive it there.
With the internet an expert can get into your computer and make it do what he wants to do.
A computer industry that is so stupid that it can' t get rid of a virus will not be able to stop hackers from doing this either
Archaholic
Posts: 1,117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2016 4:25:51 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 12/3/2016 4:01:10 PM, xus00HAY wrote:
A computer industry that is so stupid that it can' t get rid of a virus will not be able to stop hackers from doing this either
So your message is to stop using windows OS. It sucks!! LOL.

BR
lannan13
Posts: 23,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2016 10:13:26 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
It wouldn't surprise me, but it would be a ways into the future. E-cash is definately gaining a great deal of momentum.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
inferno
Posts: 11,284
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2016 2:59:22 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 11/22/2016 4:54:07 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
With today's technology advancing at breakneck speed, we have many different methods of payment, credit card, debit card, wire transfers, is cash going to become obsolete. Are we all going to get a RFID chip implanted and we will just swipe anytime we need anything, groceries, services, gas, just swipe your hand.

With today's digital world we don't need cash anymore, we do all our banking, shopping on-line, cash is being used less and less, money laundering just won't have the same meaning if we get rid of cash.

Is this the end of an era of cash?

No because when the market crashes, all of the electronic computer ran currency will be irrelevant.
lannan13
Posts: 23,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2016 3:33:13 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 12/15/2016 2:59:22 PM, inferno wrote:
At 11/22/2016 4:54:07 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
With today's technology advancing at breakneck speed, we have many different methods of payment, credit card, debit card, wire transfers, is cash going to become obsolete. Are we all going to get a RFID chip implanted and we will just swipe anytime we need anything, groceries, services, gas, just swipe your hand.

With today's digital world we don't need cash anymore, we do all our banking, shopping on-line, cash is being used less and less, money laundering just won't have the same meaning if we get rid of cash.

Is this the end of an era of cash?

No because when the market crashes, all of the electronic computer ran currency will be irrelevant.

In the short run yes, but in the long run, I'm quite sure there will be a gradual phasing out culturally.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
inferno
Posts: 11,284
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2016 3:46:18 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 12/16/2016 3:33:13 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/15/2016 2:59:22 PM, inferno wrote:
At 11/22/2016 4:54:07 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
With today's technology advancing at breakneck speed, we have many different methods of payment, credit card, debit card, wire transfers, is cash going to become obsolete. Are we all going to get a RFID chip implanted and we will just swipe anytime we need anything, groceries, services, gas, just swipe your hand.

With today's digital world we don't need cash anymore, we do all our banking, shopping on-line, cash is being used less and less, money laundering just won't have the same meaning if we get rid of cash.

Is this the end of an era of cash?

No because when the market crashes, all of the electronic computer ran currency will be irrelevant.

In the short run yes, but in the long run, I'm quite sure there will be a gradual phasing out culturally.

Unless you have that chip in you after 2020 and beyond, your currency will not matter.
lannan13
Posts: 23,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2016 4:15:48 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 12/16/2016 3:46:18 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/16/2016 3:33:13 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/15/2016 2:59:22 PM, inferno wrote:
At 11/22/2016 4:54:07 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
With today's technology advancing at breakneck speed, we have many different methods of payment, credit card, debit card, wire transfers, is cash going to become obsolete. Are we all going to get a RFID chip implanted and we will just swipe anytime we need anything, groceries, services, gas, just swipe your hand.

With today's digital world we don't need cash anymore, we do all our banking, shopping on-line, cash is being used less and less, money laundering just won't have the same meaning if we get rid of cash.

Is this the end of an era of cash?

No because when the market crashes, all of the electronic computer ran currency will be irrelevant.

In the short run yes, but in the long run, I'm quite sure there will be a gradual phasing out culturally.

Unless you have that chip in you after 2020 and beyond, your currency will not matter.

Well, I'm not talking about the immediate future. I'm refurring to perhaps the next 40-50 years.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
inferno
Posts: 11,284
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2016 5:19:53 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 12/16/2016 4:15:48 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/16/2016 3:46:18 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/16/2016 3:33:13 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/15/2016 2:59:22 PM, inferno wrote:
At 11/22/2016 4:54:07 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
With today's technology advancing at breakneck speed, we have many different methods of payment, credit card, debit card, wire transfers, is cash going to become obsolete. Are we all going to get a RFID chip implanted and we will just swipe anytime we need anything, groceries, services, gas, just swipe your hand.

With today's digital world we don't need cash anymore, we do all our banking, shopping on-line, cash is being used less and less, money laundering just won't have the same meaning if we get rid of cash.

Is this the end of an era of cash?

No because when the market crashes, all of the electronic computer ran currency will be irrelevant.

In the short run yes, but in the long run, I'm quite sure there will be a gradual phasing out culturally.

Unless you have that chip in you after 2020 and beyond, your currency will not matter.

Well, I'm not talking about the immediate future. I'm refurring to perhaps the next 40-50 years.

Me too.
micky_bitsko
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2016 10:06:28 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
If you use computers to replace cash somebody will figure out how to beat the system. With that tattoo on your hand you can prove you own the account and nobody else can.
Beginner
Posts: 4,469
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2016 11:22:28 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
It might be in the far future, but I don't think it will just yet. Moral and logistical issues come with an implementation of body-chips. One, there will be a lot of people against it, and two, it will be hard to make distribute it well enough for it to become passable as a norm.

Maybe we can get a small (elite) minority to start using chips. If that can happen (which I don't believe it has), then yes, chips will eventually be a thing of the future.
Senpai has noticed you.
xus00HAY
Posts: 1,489
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2016 6:18:55 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
You are right beginner, that is why I advocate using a bar-code tattoo, instead of a chip.
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 1,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2017 7:07:04 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 12/25/2016 11:22:28 PM, Beginner wrote:
It might be in the far future, but I don't think it will just yet. Moral and logistical issues come with an implementation of body-chips. One, there will be a lot of people against it, and two, it will be hard to make distribute it well enough for it to become passable as a norm.

Maybe we can get a small (elite) minority to start using chips. If that can happen (which I don't believe it has), then yes, chips will eventually be a thing of the future.

Oh it's happening already, check this out

http://www.nbcnews.com...

http://www.reuters.com...
Quadrunner
Posts: 3,482
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2017 2:10:30 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 11/26/2016 5:12:41 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Look up bitcoin.
/thread

That would be ideal for anonymous internet purchases I would think.
Beginner
Posts: 4,469
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2017 11:03:32 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 2/7/2017 7:07:04 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 12/25/2016 11:22:28 PM, Beginner wrote:
It might be in the far future, but I don't think it will just yet. Moral and logistical issues come with an implementation of body-chips. One, there will be a lot of people against it, and two, it will be hard to make distribute it well enough for it to become passable as a norm.

Maybe we can get a small (elite) minority to start using chips. If that can happen (which I don't believe it has), then yes, chips will eventually be a thing of the future.

Oh it's happening already, check this out


http://www.nbcnews.com...

http://www.reuters.com...

Yeah.. I knew it would be done for a small exclusive group. I just didn't know exactly where it was being done or by whom. Questionable about the currency replacement though.
Senpai has noticed you.
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 1,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2017 2:23:00 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 2/9/2017 11:03:32 PM, Beginner wrote:
At 2/7/2017 7:07:04 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 12/25/2016 11:22:28 PM, Beginner wrote:
It might be in the far future, but I don't think it will just yet. Moral and logistical issues come with an implementation of body-chips. One, there will be a lot of people against it, and two, it will be hard to make distribute it well enough for it to become passable as a norm.

Maybe we can get a small (elite) minority to start using chips. If that can happen (which I don't believe it has), then yes, chips will eventually be a thing of the future.

Oh it's happening already, check this out


http://www.nbcnews.com...

http://www.reuters.com...

Yeah.. I knew it would be done for a small exclusive group. I just didn't know exactly where it was being done or by whom. Questionable about the currency replacement though.

To avoid counter fitting of currency and to create a paper/digital trail is why currency will be eliminated. Everyone will have their debit card or visa card chip under their skin around the wrist and you will just swipe your wrist across the scanner like you do now at self check-outs.

The government doesn't like cash because it's untraceable and it's hard to have an audit trail for tax purposes. This is why people pay cash a lot of time, they get a better discount from a business and the business does not have to file it as revenue and get taxed on it. Of course the governments will push for it. Governments don't want anonymity, they like to know where their citizens are at all time by monitoring them through wire tapping, video surveillance and satellites. They also want to have their hands in every transaction that you make.

When you pay cash, unless the person on the other end receiving the cash records it on paper or digital receipt the government will not know about. AND THEY DON'T LIKE THAT.

That is why cash will be gone soon.
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2017 2:17:39 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 2/9/2017 2:10:30 AM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 11/26/2016 5:12:41 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Look up bitcoin.
/thread

That would be ideal for anonymous internet purchases I would think.

Bitcoin isn't just the next type of currency, it is a complete revolution in the way our economy will function.
AKA
Rob1billion
Rob1_Billion
Caramel
Lasagna