Jump to topic:

Will cash be a thing of the past

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 4:54:07 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
With today's technology advancing at breakneck speed, we have many different methods of payment, credit card, debit card, wire transfers, is cash going to become obsolete. Are we all going to get a RFID chip implanted and we will just swipe anytime we need anything, groceries, services, gas, just swipe your hand.

With today's digital world we don't need cash anymore, we do all our banking, shopping on-line, cash is being used less and less, money laundering just won't have the same meaning if we get rid of cash.

Is this the end of an era of cash?
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 4:48:31 AM
At 11/22/2016 4:54:07 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
With today's technology advancing at breakneck speed, we have many different methods of payment, credit card, debit card, wire transfers, is cash going to become obsolete. Are we all going to get a RFID chip implanted and we will just swipe anytime we need anything, groceries, services, gas, just swipe your hand.

With today's digital world we don't need cash anymore, we do all our banking, shopping on-line, cash is being used less and less, money laundering just won't have the same meaning if we get rid of cash.

I've been hearing of this RFID technology since the 2000, but there is nothing in the market so far.

I don't think cash will disappear, poor people and the ones involved in illegal activities don't have credit/debit cards so they use cash for their transactions.

BR
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 5:12:41 AM
Look up bitcoin.
/thread
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2016 1:01:25 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
According to the book of revelations we American citizen will have a bar code tattooed on the palm of our hands. When we buy something we run our hand over the scanner, and our picture will appear on the monitor in front of the cashier. Then we will make something like a credit card purchase. In order to buy drugs or a hooker we will have to get pesos,from an atm. A computer will keep track of all the money we had converted to pesos.
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2016 4:15:05 PM
At 11/27/2016 1:01:25 AM, xus00HAY wrote:
According to the book of revelations we American citizen will have a bar code tattooed on the palm of our hands. When we buy something we run our hand over the scanner, and our picture will appear on the monitor in front of the cashier. Then we will make something like a credit card purchase. In order to buy drugs or a hooker we will have to get pesos,from an atm. A computer will keep track of all the money we had converted to pesos.

When you say pesos, you mean mexican pesos, right?

I was told that in the US prostitution is illegal. I wouldn't endure a day in that country. LOL.

BR
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2016 5:16:09 PM
At 11/27/2016 4:15:05 PM, Archaholic wrote:
At 11/27/2016 1:01:25 AM, xus00HAY wrote:

When you say pesos, you mean mexican pesos, right?

I was told that in the US prostitution is illegal. I wouldn't endure a day in that country. LOL.

BR

Prostitution is legal in the state of Nevada, they have brothels everywhere, you drive up get a menu and pick what type of girl you want.

I know it because I was just there last week ordering from the menu (just kidding)
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 1:57:36 AM
Although prostitution is illegal in most of the US, It is still a business that is thriving.
$20 bills are a tool used to keep this business going.
A man gets a handful of $20 bills from a cash machine and finds a hooker.
You do know who had a $20 bill before you did, you don't know for sure where the person you give it to will take it (or the next person).
Thus the transaction between the man and the hooker could be secret.
If US cash were eliminated the man would have to pay the hooker with a check, and write down who paid and who got it.
There are plenty of people who will resent this and come up with their own method of handling transactions.
So, The employer of the illegals, pays them in pesos, they spend these in a bodega or some other place where they take pesos. and this alternative currency gets into circulation. Drug addicts use pesos to pay the pusher. The pusher uses them to pay the dealer.etc.etc.
This way whenever a perp gets busted he has to think up an explanation where the pesos came from.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 5:00:41 PM
At 11/29/2016 1:57:36 AM, xus00HAY wrote:
Although prostitution is illegal in most of the US, It is still a business that is thriving.
$20 bills are a tool used to keep this business going.
A man gets a handful of $20 bills from a cash machine and finds a hooker.
You do know who had a $20 bill before you did, you don't know for sure where the person you give it to will take it (or the next person).
Thus the transaction between the man and the hooker could be secret.
If US cash were eliminated the man would have to pay the hooker with a check, and write down who paid and who got it.
There are plenty of people who will resent this and come up with their own method of handling transactions.
So, The employer of the illegals, pays them in pesos, they spend these in a bodega or some other place where they take pesos. and this alternative currency gets into circulation. Drug addicts use pesos to pay the pusher. The pusher uses them to pay the dealer.etc.etc.
This way whenever a perp gets busted he has to think up an explanation where the pesos came from.

So when the federal government introduces the new barcode tattoo mandatory for all citizens like the immunization for babies, are you signing right up for it.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 8:01:54 PM
At 11/22/2016 4:54:07 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Cash has got my lifetime left in it. I use it almost exclusively. I enjoy the privacy, and the ease of tangibility for how much I have as well as the security of not requiring a third party for storage. Additionally, since I place my savings in limited currency of practical value and decreasing supply, copper, silver, etc... I have a guarantee of actual value, and market value, in addition to promised monetary value. A number on a machine will fulfill almost none of this for me.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 9:20:42 PM
So when the federal government introduces the new barcode tattoo mandatory for all citizens like the immunization for babies, are you signing right up for it.

I will have to get the tattoo if I like it or not. Without it, I will not be able to buy anything.
In the Bible's book of revelations, people have to have the "mark of the beast" on them or they cant buy or sell anything.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 12:16:19 AM
At 11/29/2016 9:20:42 PM, xus00HAY wrote:

I will have to get the tattoo if I like it or not. Without it, I will not be able to buy anything.
In the Bible's book of revelations, people have to have the "mark of the beast" on them or they cant buy or sell anything.

Screw that. What if I'm not the same person when I'm older. What's it gonna look like when I stretch out? I might have regrets.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 4:42:11 AM
The tattoo will be on the palm of your left hand. The skin is all wrinkled there already.
This could be part of President Trump's build a wall policy. People who hire illegals will have to pay a fine. Those people will be forced to decide that hiring illegals will cost too much or they could pay off the national debt in fines.
If they can't get money, the illegals will not have a reason to be here.
When the employer goes to the ATM to get pesos there will be video of him making a withdrawal from his account.
Welfare-Worker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 4:43:53 AM
M-PESA is the poor man's Bitcoin.
All done over a cell phone while you are standing there.
It could replace cash. You could pay the kid who mows your lawn with M-PESA.
Or the guy you buy your contraband from.

It's working in third world countries.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2016 4:01:10 PM
Posted: 6 days ago
Were this a dream that could come true, i.e. buying and selling in cyber space, the hackers will say " oH this so cool" and figure out how to take the virtual money from someone else's account and buy stuff that will be in their neighbors mailboxes when theyr'e not home, and the hackers will receive it there.
With the internet an expert can get into your computer and make it do what he wants to do.
A computer industry that is so stupid that it can' t get rid of a virus will not be able to stop hackers from doing this either