Jump to topic:

Best, Most Durable Earbuds?

BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2016 10:40:05 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
So for the fourth time this year, I am in need of new earbuds. It seems every pair of earbuds I get keeps breaking, always the left side first.
I am looking for a new pair that is the most durable and best quality. I am also considering ditching earbuds and going to headphones.
What do people recommend?
Lynx_N
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 10:36:00 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/25/2016 10:40:05 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
So for the fourth time this year, I am in need of new earbuds. It seems every pair of earbuds I get keeps breaking, always the left side first.

I recommend banging your head forwards/backwards as opposed to sideways when you're driving your car while listening to music, that way the left earbud won't break into pieces when you're banging it into the side window.
Bronto?
Congrats.

poet
Welfare-Worker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 4:12:31 AM
Posted: 6 days ago
I am looking for a new pair that is the most durable and best quality. I am also considering ditching earbuds and going to headphones.

I spent about $150 for some good ear buds, about 20 years ago.
I was using them a lot, almost daily, but taking good care of them. I mean, really careful. They lasted about 6 months, maybe less. That was after I did a minor repair job. Bought a similar pair, ditto.
Done with the high priced, noise canceling, excellent ear buds.
I do like the noise canceling, rubber cones that fit snug.
I started buying Creative brand ear buds, about $40 a pair. Got the same 6 months of daily use. Darn near as good on sound quality, but I use them when I am driving, a lot of road noise, or when I was running a lawn mower. Not a sound chamber type of experience.
The last two years I haven't been living the lifestyle where I use buds much.
I was looking at headphones in the $150 price range. Some good choices out there.
I have decided ear buds are disposable, if you are using them a lot, it does not matter how careful you are, or how much you pay for them.
Headphones should be a different story, but I never pulled the trigger.

I bought my first headphones in 1971.
Welfare-Worker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 4:17:03 AM

So, if you don't mind my asking, how much are you spending a pair?
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 2:36:27 PM
At 11/30/2016 4:17:03 AM, Welfare-Worker wrote:

Well, let me just say I'm a college student who doesn't have a job and whose parents won't give him money for anything.
Welfare-Worker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 6:32:37 PM
Posted: 5 days ago
At 11/30/2016 2:36:27 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 11/30/2016 4:17:03 AM, Welfare-Worker wrote:

Well, let me just say I'm a college student who doesn't have a job and whose parents won't give him money for anything.

Been there, done that.
This too shall pass.

Creative has some good sales.
http://us.creative.com...
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 8:42:02 PM

RCA Budz. Google it.
Welfare-Worker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 1:47:19 PM
I don't care for the style of the budz, but the HP60 are my style, great reviews, and only $8.07 from the big A, with shipping.
A whole family of RCA buds, (59, 60,61) various colors, under $10.
Great.