Jump to topic:

No Ad Clicks

tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 6:39:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
My website is http://www.dailyforyou.com... and I get money every time somebody clicks on the big ad at the bottom of the pages. The problem is I can't get anyone to click. The website has a good traffic flow, but only 5% click.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 7:06:30 PM
This is really interesting dude.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 7:09:08 PM
23378 W Mohave St
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 8:01:03 PM
At 1/26/2011 7:09:08 PM, askbob wrote:
23378 W Mohave St

Ok?
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 8:02:58 PM
He can't win in a debate so he thinks he is going to scare me by having my address. What a poor sport and a good example of why God is needed in this nation. Look it up on google maps bro it's a 4 bedroom 3 bath house and I am 20. Be jealous sonny.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 8:28:22 PM
At 1/26/2011 8:02:58 PM, tyler90az wrote:
He can't win in a debate so he thinks he is going to scare me by having my address. What a poor sport and a good example of why God is needed in this nation. Look it up on google maps bro it's a 4 bedroom 3 bath house and I am 20. Be jealous sonny.

Why would you need 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms?
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 8:35:56 PM
Your right Cody I need to repent. I apologize for saying that. Though as I am a imperfect human being I make mistakes. I forgive you Askbob, although I do question your motives. By the way Bob good debate!
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 9:08:19 PM
At 1/26/2011 8:02:58 PM, tyler90az wrote:
He can't win in a debate so he thinks he is going to scare me by having my address.

Lol you're the one advertising your website on this site.

It's against the TOS and is definitely grounds for a warning.

The debate I'm having with you has nothing to do with it lol and you can tell yourself that you're winning but anyone who reads it can clearly see otherwise.

Since you seem to be unfamiliar with the internet and how it works, allow me to educate you.

Every person who owns a website has to register with their Domain Name Provider. This registration information is public knowledge. Therefore when you say: "Hey this is my website!" you are basically giving away all of your personal information, your phone number, email address, real address, real name, facebook info, pictures of yourself. EVERYTHING.

Don't believe me?

http://www.networksolutions.com...

Type in your websites domain name (dont use .com part or http://www. part)

Then click the link below to continue on to get "the full information from GoDaddy"
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 9:15:12 PM
http://who.godaddy.com...

Here's the link

Registrant:
Daily Up

23378 W Mohave St
Buckeye, Arizona 85326
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com...)
Domain Name: DAILYFORYOU.COM
Created on: 23-Sep-10
Expires on: 23-Sep-11
Last Updated on: 24-Sep-10

Administrative Contact:
Bushre, Tyler tylerbushre @ yahoo.com
Daily Up
23378 W Mohave St
Buckeye, Arizona 85326
United States
(480) 263-0046

Technical Contact:
Bushre, Tyler tylerbushre @ yahoo.com
Daily Up
23378 W Mohave St
Buckeye, Arizona 85326
United States
(480) 263-0046

A simple google search of your name reveals:

http://www.facebook.com...

At least you have your profile moderately protected though. I mean it wouldn't be hard to simply add you as a friend using a fake profile, and see if you added me.

Then I'd get all your personal information your posts etc.

I mean you wonder how employers get that same information on you, that's how.

All they have to do is search your name into godaddy's database

Your name pops up, they see your website

They search links of your website

Link it the link you just typed on this site

See your screenname, everything you posted, your debates, everything you've ever typed into this website, etc.

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.IPAGE.COM
NS2.IPAGE.COM
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 9:23:00 PM
At 1/26/2011 6:39:23 PM, tyler90az wrote:
My website is http://www.dailyforyou.com... and I get money every time somebody clicks on the big ad at the bottom of the pages. The problem is I can't get anyone to click. The website has a good traffic flow, but only 5% click.

Given the info that askbob posted (which I think should have been left alone, but that debate has been argued before and I'm not fighting it any more), I'd say maybe if you updated it more then just the 1 time that you created it, you might have something, rather then spamming all these sites to try to make money.

It may take some actual work, but at least you can have some dignity about it.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 9:30:38 PM
It is not spam. I was hoping that people would give me advice on where to place my ads. I have updated it more then once since I owned it you can see that if you go to it.

Askbob,
You have my address...... i'm scared. You don't think I knew that anybody could get my info. I had an option to make it private for a little extra money, but why should I? People crack me up...
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 9:38:07 PM
The site looks like it was designed by a 7th grader.

Similar to the North Korean Site

http://www.korea-dpr.com...

Perhaps take a course at your local community college on html coding and learning how to make drop down menus, etc.

The blue links in the pink boxes are unreadable.

Don't have the entire text center aligned. Either right align or left align and add something extra on the side. Maybe a picture, polls, chat boxes, etc.

Remove the advertising on the bottom until the traffic on the site increases.

Too much bolding

Use some lines under the sections. Make the sections more rectangular

Maybe like

Jokes - Quotations
Bible - Word
Verse

Just too much white space, no user base or reason to visit the site besides once a day at most to view the quote and then move on. No forums (create forums), etc.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 9:38:45 PM
At 1/26/2011 9:30:38 PM, tyler90az wrote:
It is not spam. I was hoping that people would give me advice on where to place my ads. I have updated it more then once since I owned it you can see that if you go to it.

Askbob,
You have my address...... i'm scared. You don't think I knew that anybody could get my info. I had an option to make it private for a little extra money, but why should I? People crack me up...

You should clearly so that employers can't link your debate.org account and you
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 9:40:34 PM
Thanks Bob!
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 9:40:47 PM
it also just needs more design work in general. You can make my common sense improvements but you'll still need more style to it. I don't excel at that but just take look at the layouts of this site and other popular sites on the net and how they style their buttons, links etc.
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 9:41:58 PM
Explain to me how employers will know htt://www.dailyforyou.com... is my website if I don't tell them?
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 9:43:41 PM
Type in google: "Tyler Bushre Godaddy"

Without quotes
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 9:44:38 PM
I actually try to keep my site as simple as possible. People want to read the quote etc. and leave. They don't want to be bogged down by other stuff, otherwise they won't return. My goal is to make them at least see the ad every time they visit. The hope is they will click.... So far I have made a small amount of money. Then again I have only been launched for a couple weeks. I am trying to work my way up the google search results.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 9:46:40 PM
At 1/26/2011 9:44:38 PM, tyler90az wrote:
I actually try to keep my site as simple as possible. People want to read the quote etc. and leave. They don't want to be bogged down by other stuff, otherwise they won't return. My goal is to make them at least see the ad every time they visit. The hope is they will click.... So far I have made a small amount of money. Then again I have only been launched for a couple weeks. I am trying to work my way up the google search results.

Regardless of what people want to do, your goal is to trap them into staying for longer than 1 min
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 9:48:00 PM
My goal is to get them to click the ad.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 9:50:01 PM
At 1/26/2011 9:48:00 PM, tyler90az wrote:
My goal is to get them to click the ad.

haha ok.
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 9:51:02 PM
Alright dude i'm going to watch TV... Mail me a letter if you want...
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 1:49:19 PM
First:
I could code a better sit using plain html in notepad.
I say this, because I have.

Second:
If only anon could bring down a hammer of pain...
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 8:25:41 AM
I'm cheap and not scared.........