Total Posts:38|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Virus?

Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2011 9:03:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
For the past few days Internet Explorer has been the only web browser that will work on my computer (FML). This has happened once before; I bought Norton's and it fixed the problem. Both yesterday and the day before that I did a full Norton's computer scan. It detected a few minor problems and one that required attention which I deleted. Despite doing that - and deleting and re-installing new and updated versions of Firefox and Chrome, both of those browsers still won't work. When I double click the Firefox icon, nothing happens regardless of where on my computer I try to open it from.

When I try to open Chrome, a little box pops up that says "Your preferences can not be read. Some features may be unavailable and changes to preferences won't be saved." I then click OK. That's followed by about 8 pop-ups that come up in a row all exclaiming "Whoa! Chrome has crashed. Re-start now?" Whether I hit OK or cancel they pop up a few times before stopping, and then ultimately the Chrome browser just closes. This keeps happening, but hey at least unlike Firefox it pretends to respond to my clicking. Needless to say it seems like a virus, but I definitely cleaned my computer and that didn't fix the problem so I really don't think that's it... any ideas? Using IE is pretty much impossible.
President of DDO
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2011 9:15:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Your Operating System is Windows Vista, I would presume?

I suggest that you do a System Restore to a date where everything worked. Once that has been done, scan for viruses. Also, while Norton has a good security system, it definitely uses a lot of resources, therefore you should perhaps abstain from using it, unless you have a fast computer. AVG Free anti-virus works well for me.

Download CCleaner and Ad Aware, and clean your computer from messes as well as you can, after the System Restore. Also, you can try to use CCleaner and Ad Aware before a System Restore.
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2011 9:21:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/2/2011 9:15:44 AM, Mirza wrote:
Your Operating System is Windows Vista, I would presume?

I suggest that you do a System Restore to a date where everything worked. Once that has been done, scan for viruses. Also, while Norton has a good security system, it definitely uses a lot of resources, therefore you should perhaps abstain from using it, unless you have a fast computer. AVG Free anti-virus works well for me.

Download CCleaner and Ad Aware, and clean your computer from messes as well as you can, after the System Restore. Also, you can try to use CCleaner and Ad Aware before a System Restore.

ahhah great minds think alike.

Also before you do the system restore be sure their is no important data that you created after the restore date, because you'll lose it when you restore.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2011 9:25:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/2/2011 9:21:48 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 2/2/2011 9:15:44 AM, Mirza wrote:
Your Operating System is Windows Vista, I would presume?

I suggest that you do a System Restore to a date where everything worked. Once that has been done, scan for viruses. Also, while Norton has a good security system, it definitely uses a lot of resources, therefore you should perhaps abstain from using it, unless you have a fast computer. AVG Free anti-virus works well for me.

Download CCleaner and Ad Aware, and clean your computer from messes as well as you can, after the System Restore. Also, you can try to use CCleaner and Ad Aware before a System Restore.

ahhah great minds think alike.

Also before you do the system restore be sure their is no important data that you created after the restore date, because you'll lose it when you restore.
Actually you do not lose data when you do a System Restore. What SR does is to restore the files that existed during date X, but it does withal keep the files that were created after date X. The option is useful for restoring lost data, while at the same time it keeps your current data, too. I think that the registry could have become a bit corrupted, hence she has this problem. Perhaps it was due to malware. Nonetheless, if she restores the files that made Firefox (and so on) work, cleans her PC using some good programs, I think her computer will be fine.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2011 9:28:23 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
In any case, if the situation turns black, you can restore your computer to Factory Settings, which will delete all the files that you stored on the PC, and your computer software will be just like the first time you used it. However, in this case, then yes, you need to have back-up of all your important files, which is not hard to create.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2011 1:56:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Thank you both for the advice.

I tried to do a system re-store four times and it failed every time. This problem has been happening for about 2 days, so I first tried to restore back 3 days ago. Then I tried back 5 days ago. Then I tried back about 7 days and then up to 9 days ago. Each time it processes as if it's going to restore, but then when Windows opens up again after the re-start and says:

System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed. Details: An unspecified error occurred during System Restore.

Then it says I should try restoring back to an earlier date... which I did three times. Grr.
President of DDO
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2011 2:15:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Your firewall is most likely blocking it. The exact same thing happened to me and I researched it. For some reasons firewalls go crazy and start blocking Firefox and chrome, though it always leaves IE alone. Try turning off your firewall (some people even recommend uninstalling Norton.) It fixed it for me. If not, then it's either something in your registry, or something that put a malicious proxy on your PC.
kfc
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2011 3:19:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/2/2011 1:56:00 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Thank you both for the advice.

I tried to do a system re-store four times and it failed every time. This problem has been happening for about 2 days, so I first tried to restore back 3 days ago. Then I tried back 5 days ago. Then I tried back about 7 days and then up to 9 days ago. Each time it processes as if it's going to restore, but then when Windows opens up again after the re-start and says:

System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed. Details: An unspecified error occurred during System Restore.

Then it says I should try restoring back to an earlier date... which I did three times. Grr.
Yes, you have to remove Norton in order to have a flowing process with the System Restore. It might block it. Moreover, it might be that either you or Norton changed the Internet configurations. Go to Network Configurations and choose automatic IP instead of proxy, if you have not done so already.

Try removing Norton (do it carefully, it can drag some necessary files with it if you mess it up), and try setting the IP settings to automatic, not proxy. I recommend CCleaner from ccleaner.com, which can be used to remove software, and also the traces of registry files that your computer is in no need of.

If that does not work, try: http://us.norton.com...

Your computer should be working with Firefox if you follow the steps above. On top of that, I recommend that you download the following system preservation softwares:

1. Ad Aware
2. AVG Free Edition
3. CCleaner
4. Speccy (complete system overview)

Download links:

1. http://www.lavasoft.com...
2. http://free.avg.com...
3. http://www.filehippo.com...
4. http://www.filehippo.com...

Ad Aware is a simple piece of software that helps detecting malicious software (malware) among your computer files, spyware, and so on. It does not use too many resources, and the scans usually do not last long after the first full scan.

AVG Free is similar to Ad Aware, except that it deals with viruses more than with e.g., spyware. It does not use many resources, and you can adjust the priority of the scan speed to suit your computer activity. If you get the Pro version, I think you can choose a "Game Mode" option, so that the scans do not really slow down your gaming significantly. The free mode should suit you, though. As a standalone it is not as good as Pro, which probably speaks for itself, but with a few other helping programs such as Ad Aware, your computer should be firmly protected.

CCleaner is fast, simple, and does not take any measurable resources whatsoever. What it does is to remove e.g., cookies, history, etc., from your browser(s), if you choose the option. It can even sort out your Start Menu or other things. That being reflected, it also has a simple tool, which is very effective, yet free, and that tool is used to clean your registry of unused files, e.g., from uninstalled software. It can also help you with System Restore, or to uninstall software. This is the software that I have besides Firefox on my main taskbar.

Speccy mostly helps you keep track of your computer specifications, but also the CPU heat, which is useful information if you use a laptop. It is good if you want all your computer specifications being accessed with one click, should you need them for something like Customer Support.

Try all that and maybe you can report the results here if it doesn't work.
Veridas
Posts: 733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2011 5:02:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/2/2011 2:15:43 PM, Koopin wrote:
Your firewall is most likely blocking it. The exact same thing happened to me and I researched it. For some reasons firewalls go crazy and start blocking Firefox and chrome, though it always leaves IE alone. Try turning off your firewall (some people even recommend uninstalling Norton.) It fixed it for me. If not, then it's either something in your registry, or something that put a malicious proxy on your PC.

A firewall wouldn't prevent a system restore, it has to be something more malicious.

@Lwerd, Mirza's listed some pretty solid antivirus and antimalware programs, but what you're describing sounds like the computer itself freezing up whenever you try and start something. Next time you boot up your pc, before anything else, do ctrl-alt-del and go into processes and click the "cpu" tab and see what's using up the most cpu. I had a virus in my last pc that basically used up every ounce of spare CPU, but it was only detectable in processes. If you do see something like that, write it's name down and google it whenever you get a chance to, see if any of Mirza's list can fix it or if there's another program you need to be rid of it.

Other than that, all I can suggest is a disk format and a prayer for all your lost por-er, IMpor...tent files...yeah...
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2011 5:47:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/2/2011 3:19:44 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/2/2011 1:56:00 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Thank you both for the advice.

I tried to do a system re-store four times and it failed every time. This problem has been happening for about 2 days, so I first tried to restore back 3 days ago. Then I tried back 5 days ago. Then I tried back about 7 days and then up to 9 days ago. Each time it processes as if it's going to restore, but then when Windows opens up again after the re-start and says:

System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed. Details: An unspecified error occurred during System Restore.

Then it says I should try restoring back to an earlier date... which I did three times. Grr.
Yes, you have to remove Norton in order to have a flowing process with the System Restore. It might block it. Moreover, it might be that either you or Norton changed the Internet configurations. Go to Network Configurations and choose automatic IP instead of proxy, if you have not done so already.

Try removing Norton (do it carefully, it can drag some necessary files with it if you mess it up), and try setting the IP settings to automatic, not proxy. I recommend CCleaner from ccleaner.com, which can be used to remove software, and also the traces of registry files that your computer is in no need of.

If that does not work, try: http://us.norton.com...

Your computer should be working with Firefox if you follow the steps above. On top of that, I recommend that you download the following system preservation softwares:

1. Ad Aware
2. AVG Free Edition
3. CCleaner
4. Speccy (complete system overview)

Download links:

1. http://www.lavasoft.com...
2. http://free.avg.com...
3. http://www.filehippo.com...
4. http://www.filehippo.com...

Ad Aware is a simple piece of software that helps detecting malicious software (malware) among your computer files, spyware, and so on. It does not use too many resources, and the scans usually do not last long after the first full scan.

AVG Free is similar to Ad Aware, except that it deals with viruses more than with e.g., spyware. It does not use many resources, and you can adjust the priority of the scan speed to suit your computer activity. If you get the Pro version, I think you can choose a "Game Mode" option, so that the scans do not really slow down your gaming significantly. The free mode should suit you, though. As a standalone it is not as good as Pro, which probably speaks for itself, but with a few other helping programs such as Ad Aware, your computer should be firmly protected.

CCleaner is fast, simple, and does not take any measurable resources whatsoever. What it does is to remove e.g., cookies, history, etc., from your browser(s), if you choose the option. It can even sort out your Start Menu or other things. That being reflected, it also has a simple tool, which is very effective, yet free, and that tool is used to clean your registry of unused files, e.g., from uninstalled software. It can also help you with System Restore, or to uninstall software. This is the software that I have besides Firefox on my main taskbar.

Speccy mostly helps you keep track of your computer specifications, but also the CPU heat, which is useful information if you use a laptop. It is good if you want all your computer specifications being accessed with one click, should you need them for something like Customer Support.

Try all that and maybe you can report the results here if it doesn't work.

Don't forget COMODO
http://personalfirewall.comodo.com...
It is a decent piece of firewall software.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2011 7:40:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
iexplorer.exe is using up a lot of memory. Isn't there an iexplorer virus? If so, how should she go about removing it?
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2011 7:49:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/2/2011 7:40:19 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
iexplorer.exe is using up a lot of memory. Isn't there an iexplorer virus? If so, how should she go about removing it?

iexplorer.exe is a legitimate system process. One thing you can do, is go through the system processes (the ones for your username, not the ones marked system) and make sure they are legitimate by googling them. If one is illegitimate, go to start, run, type in "winconfig" and uncheck that process, so it doesn't start on startup, then run a full virus scan, after updating your virus protection software (since active viruses can hide themselves, it should find it now) and run adaware as well. If all that doesn't work, back up and reformat the computer.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2011 7:51:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
or hopefully your system has set a system restore point - just restore it to a previous date and see if the issue goes away (you should be able to restore in such a way that it keeps any new files you've added and only changes the programs or OS updates that you've done since that date)
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2011 8:54:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
please oh gawd don't listen to anything Mirza just typed. It's outdated by at least 2 years.

These are the tools you need to download:

1. Uninstall any antivirus/spyware programs

2. Download, Update, Run Scans

http://download.cnet.com...

3. Install - - > Set up Scans to scan weekly on mon and thurs
Set up Updater to update daily and repeat if it doesn't update
Set Configuration to automatically delete and quarantine threats.
http://download.cnet.com...

4. Install update run scans with:
http://download.cnet.com...

Post your logs here
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2011 9:01:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Sources Backing up my choices:

http://www.techsupportalert.com...
http://www.techsupportalert.com...
http://www.av-comparatives.org...

If you follow my directions I guarantee you the problem will be solved.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2011 9:04:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/2/2011 9:01:03 PM, askbob wrote:
Sources Backing up my choices:

http://www.techsupportalert.com...
http://www.techsupportalert.com...
http://www.av-comparatives.org...

If you follow my directions I guarantee you the problem will be solved.

Ty I'll definitely give this a shot tomorrow. For now I avoided the problem temporarily by ending the process (and any big processes I saw running under my account), and then logging off and switching the user to my Guest account. Firefox opens here apparently...
President of DDO
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 3:05:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/2/2011 8:54:13 PM, askbob wrote:
please oh gawd don't listen to anything Mirza just typed. It's outdated by at least 2 years.
Elaborate, maybe in a debate? I will take you up on any of the softwares I listed.

These are the tools you need to download:

1. Uninstall any antivirus/spyware programs
Already recommended.

2. Download, Update, Run Scans
Ditto.

http://download.cnet.com...

3. Install - - > Set up Scans to scan weekly on mon and thurs
Set up Updater to update daily and repeat if it doesn't update
Set Configuration to automatically delete and quarantine threats.
http://download.cnet.com...

4. Install update run scans with:
http://download.cnet.com...

Post your logs here
If she is going for Avira, she can as well keep the Norton. AVG can solve nearly all the good issues alongside Ad Aware.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 5:19:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Though the issue has been well addressed, I still feel the need to add my two cents.

First up, have you uninstalled and reinstalled the various browsers. That would be my first step.

If you suspect foul play, I would boot in safe mode (press F8 during BIOS loading screens) and do a Malwarebytes Anti-Malware full scan. http://www.malwarebytes.org...

Fvck free scanners. Download a torrent of Symantic Endpoint Protection.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 5:20:09 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Also, if you're using Windows Vista, you should punch yourself in the face.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 7:37:20 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Mirza you don't know shitt when you equate avira to "the norton".

Norton is a virus in and of itself.

AVG is ineffective at detecting viruses as well as being heavier on memory usage.

Check out my sources and see where AVG is ranked. Inferior to Avira.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 8:42:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/2/2011 1:56:00 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Thank you both for the advice.

I tried to do a system re-store four times and it failed every time. This problem has been happening for about 2 days, so I first tried to restore back 3 days ago. Then I tried back 5 days ago. Then I tried back about 7 days and then up to 9 days ago. Each time it processes as if it's going to restore, but then when Windows opens up again after the re-start and says:

System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed. Details: An unspecified error occurred during System Restore.

Then it says I should try restoring back to an earlier date... which I did three times. Grr.

Buy a mac.
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 12:22:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/3/2011 8:42:01 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 2/2/2011 1:56:00 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Thank you both for the advice.

I tried to do a system re-store four times and it failed every time. This problem has been happening for about 2 days, so I first tried to restore back 3 days ago. Then I tried back 5 days ago. Then I tried back about 7 days and then up to 9 days ago. Each time it processes as if it's going to restore, but then when Windows opens up again after the re-start and says:

System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed. Details: An unspecified error occurred during System Restore.

Then it says I should try restoring back to an earlier date... which I did three times. Grr.

If everything fails and you can not get your computer to work than go buy a new pc. If that fails you then buy yet another pc. And at the point where if you have gone through every pc in the world and none of the work for you. Kill yourself. But w/e you do DO NOT BUY A MAC.

very good sir :D
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 6:44:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/3/2011 7:37:20 AM, askbob wrote:
Mirza you don't know shitt when you equate avira to "the norton".

Norton is a virus in and of itself.

AVG is ineffective at detecting viruses as well as being heavier on memory usage.

Check out my sources and see where AVG is ranked. Inferior to Avira.

What do you think about Comodo?
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 7:13:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/3/2011 6:44:28 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
What do you think about Comodo?

It's a good firewall, I don't typically use firewalls as I don't really mind if the Chinese or the government decide to directly attack my PC. No one sophisticated enough around here to do so. However I've considered it and have used sandboxes before.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 9:29:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/3/2011 7:13:00 PM, askbob wrote:
At 2/3/2011 6:44:28 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
What do you think about Comodo?

It's a good firewall, I don't typically use firewalls as I don't really mind if the Chinese or the government decide to directly attack my PC. No one sophisticated enough around here to do so. However I've considered it and have used sandboxes before.

This.
I don't and never have used a firewall. I've haven't had anything more than a minor virus for like five years. It blows my mind the stupid ways people get viruses.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 10:39:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/3/2011 9:29:15 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/3/2011 7:13:00 PM, askbob wrote:
At 2/3/2011 6:44:28 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
What do you think about Comodo?

It's a good firewall, I don't typically use firewalls as I don't really mind if the Chinese or the government decide to directly attack my PC. No one sophisticated enough around here to do so. However I've considered it and have used sandboxes before.

This.
I don't and never have used a firewall. I've haven't had anything more than a minor virus for like five years. It blows my mind the stupid ways people get viruses.

It doesn't blow my mind.

Porn

Idiots downloading "coupons"

Idiots thinking that the popup means their computer is actually infected and that by downloading the "security tool" to remove it everything will be all better

Idiots who still use limewire/frostwire instead of learning how to torrent and reading the comments

Idiots downloading attachments from random africans in their email

etc.

I have a computer business, so I see these things daily.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos