Jump to topic:

Rock and Metal

ANON_TacTiX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2017 8:27:35 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
I don't think I've seen a thread about rock and metal music, so I figured I'd post one. I'll leave this thread open to anything rock or metal related. Whether you want to just talk about it, debate about it, or even post some that you like. This thread is open to anything. I also welcome those that are not fans of the genre to come and join discussions. Just please stay on the main topic, and please don't post music from other genres. Also, I'd appreciate it if we could keep the discussion civil and polite if possible. I've seen too many threads ruined by trash talk and insults. Thank you.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2017 11:56:10 PM
At 8/9/2017 8:27:35 PM, ANON_TacTiX wrote:
I don't think I've seen a thread about rock and metal music, so I figured I'd post one. I'll leave this thread open to anything rock or metal related. Whether you want to just talk about it, debate about it, or even post some that you like. This thread is open to anything. I also welcome those that are not fans of the genre to come and join discussions. Just please stay on the main topic, and please don't post music from other genres. Also, I'd appreciate it if we could keep the discussion civil and polite if possible. I've seen too many threads ruined by trash talk and insults. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com...

He is my favorite drummer, and i would argue one of the best metal drummers there is... Jazz meets death metal, my god. I use to play drums for bands in this genre; his stuff the hardest to play but i could do in my prime. I miss it a little now that you brought this up lol.
ANON_TacTiX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2017 5:20:20 AM
At 8/12/2017 11:56:10 PM, Outplayz wrote:

He is my favorite drummer, and i would argue one of the best metal drummers there is... Jazz meets death metal, my god. I use to play drums for bands in this genre; his stuff the hardest to play but i could do in my prime. I miss it a little now that you brought this up lol.

Gotta say, death metal is not really my thing. The instrumental parts are cool, but I just couldn't get much into the vocal style. You are right, though. the drummer is really good. Are there any more genres of rock or metal that you enjoy, or are you mostly a death metal fan?
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2017 6:04:17 AM
At 8/13/2017 5:20:20 AM, ANON_TacTiX wrote:

Gotta say, death metal is not really my thing. The instrumental parts are cool, but I just couldn't get much into the vocal style. You are right, though. the drummer is really good. Are there any more genres of rock or metal that you enjoy, or are you mostly a death metal fan?

Since i drum... i am into almost all genres of metal. I like it when it has an air of darkness however. I don't know how to explain it, it's not really darkness, but minor cords, usually played classically. Like this song:

That would be a good example of the chord progressions i enjoy. But, this goes into every genre of metal differently. Another band would be asking alexandria (hardcore):

To Dimmu Borgir (Black metal):

There are just so many bands that i can't name even if i tried lol. But, what i tend to enjoy is this classical minor progression. I don't like metal in songs in majors much... that is why i tend to not like any hair metal (oldies but goodies) I call it "butt-rock" bands haha They tend to play a lot more in major cord progressions.

Interesting story how i got into metal however. I use to always listen to rock, korn, limp bizket, rage against the machine, and punk, misfits, lag wagon, and so on. Then i heard Slipknot and they started getting me into metal but when i truly started searching and only listening to metal stuff it started with cradle of filth. My friend showed me a video of them and i actually didn't like it at first. So, he gave me there CD and said just listen to it later, it will grow on you. So, one morning when i just got to high school, i was sitting in my car and i was a bit early so i thought i would listen to one song. It's this cd:

The first song is the intro that goes to the actual song. As the intro played it started to rain, then right when the song kicked in it started pouring. Just imagine how the song progress... i felt like the devil was talking to me, i was like, "the devil just bought my soul" lol. I missed all my classes that day listening to the whole cd. It is one of their best ones imho, but then again... i was under a spell to fall for it that day.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2017 6:19:13 AM
At 8/13/2017 5:42:46 AM, warren42 wrote:
Thoughts on Rise Against, anyone?

They're awesome live.. but i don't like all of their songs, just a handful. Here is one you may have missed since it was from a soundtrack... it's one of my favorite.

ANON_TacTiX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2017 9:08:35 AM
At 8/13/2017 6:04:17 AM, Outplayz wrote:
At 8/13/2017 5:20:20 AM, ANON_TacTiX wrote:

Since i drum... i am into almost all genres of metal. I like it when it has an air of darkness however. I don't know how to explain it, it's not really darkness, but minor cords, usually played classically. Like this song:

That would be a good example of the chord progressions i enjoy. But, this goes into every genre of metal differently. Another band would be asking alexandria (hardcore):

To Dimmu Borgir (Black metal):

There are just so many bands that i can't name even if i tried lol. But, what i tend to enjoy is this classical minor progression. I don't like metal in songs in majors much... that is why i tend to not like any hair metal (oldies but goodies) I call it "butt-rock" bands haha They tend to play a lot more in major cord progressions.

Interesting story how i got into metal however. I use to always listen to rock, korn, limp bizket, rage against the machine, and punk, misfits, lag wagon, and so on. Then i heard Slipknot and they started getting me into metal but when i truly started searching and only listening to metal stuff it started with cradle of filth. My friend showed me a video of them and i actually didn't like it at first. So, he gave me there CD and said just listen to it later, it will grow on you. So, one morning when i just got to high school, i was sitting in my car and i was a bit early so i thought i would listen to one song. It's this cd:

The first song is the intro that goes to the actual song. As the intro played it started to rain, then right when the song kicked in it started pouring. Just imagine how the song progress... i felt like the devil was talking to me, i was like, "the devil just bought my soul" lol. I missed all my classes that day listening to the whole cd. It is one of their best ones imho, but then again... i was under a spell to fall for it that day.

Just going to say, I do not like limp bizket. Their guitarist is good, but I never liked the band. Anyway, I'd say I'm into kind of a variety of stuff. Classic rock and metal, most rock, except for the really light, almost poppy stuff, and most metal, except for a lot of black and death metal stuff. Basically, I like all the classic stuff, and a lot of the modern stuff, so long as it isn't too light or too heavy. Probably my favorite band would have to be Tool. I don't exactly know why. My friends and I joke about Tool, saying that they're not a band, and their songs aren't just songs. They are an experience. And I guess that's one of the reasons that I love them. They do a lot of weird stuff with their music that most people would never think to do, and there just seems to be so much to what they create and so many meanings and messages that can take years to uncover. Though I guess Tool fans haven't had much else to do since their 10,000 Days.

This is my favorite song by them and probably my favorite song overall at the moment.

It's actually kind of weird that I got into rock and metal, though. I actually used to be, like most people, a pop and country fan. My parents were, and that was really all I ever heard, so that was what I listened to. I never really listened to music other than when I was in the car, though. Or just anywhere where it happened to be playing. I didn't actually listen to music by myself like I do now. One day, though, I heard a song on a commercial for a show called The Following. I liked what I heard and looked it up to find out that it was a song called My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark by Fall Out Boy. I listened to that and started listening to more of their music. They were pretty light rock, and my friends found out I liked them, so they started recommending songs to me. I think that listening to Break by Three Days Grace (on my friend's recommendation) was what really did it for me. I started listening to rock a lot more, and my friends kept giving me stuff to listen to. I think it gradually got a bit heavier, and then hey said I should listen to Slipknot. I said I wouldn't because they were way too heavy, and I would like that kind of stuff. Plus, the masks honestly creeped me out. Then I decided to give it a try (with my computer screen closed because of he masks), and I listened to Devil In I. After that, I was hooked on rock and metal, and my tastes have been expanding, and I've been finding new stuff to listen to ever since.

The funny thing about becoming a rock and metal fan is the surprise that it produced in other people when they found out. I'm not exactly what some would call a stereotypical fan. Pretty quiet, mild-mannered, nerdy type of kid. Though, I was surprised that one of my friends (the one that gave me the most suggestions) liked it too. He seemed like the absolute stereotypical country fan.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2017 2:51:14 PM

You ever heard of Imperial Circus Dead Decadence?
https://soundcloud.com...
Beginner Series Mafia Mod. PM if interested***
-
"I bet you're thinking right now 'haha I'm a genius'. well you're not" - Valkrin

*puffs bubble pipe*
ANON_TacTiX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2017 6:58:16 PM
At 8/13/2017 2:51:14 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Can't say I have. I've never really heard anything metal in any language but English. Not bad though. I'm tempted to see if I can find some translated lyrics so that I can try and get some of the meaning from the song. The beginning had me a little unsure, but I did enjoy it.

Also, I wish I would have realized you were on the arts forum sooner. It's been a while. I also just need to come here more often. The religion and science forums have been pretty bad for a while now. Some decent threads here and there, but a lot of the opposite. And the philosophy forum just doesn't seem to get enough traffic.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2017 7:19:54 PM
At 8/13/2017 6:58:16 PM, ANON_TacTiX wrote:

Can't say I have. I've never really heard anything metal in any language but English. Not bad though. I'm tempted to see if I can find some translated lyrics so that I can try and get some of the meaning from the song. The beginning had me a little unsure, but I did enjoy it.
osu has introduced me to a lot of different music genres, many of them non-english, so I can find you some more probably. Ever listened to Epica? How about Undead Corporation?

Also, I wish I would have realized you were on the arts forum sooner. It's been a while. I also just need to come here more often. The religion and science forums have been pretty bad for a while now. Some decent threads here and there, but a lot of the opposite. And the philosophy forum just doesn't seem to get enough traffic.

Yeah, I usually don't venture into those forums. I tend to stick around the main forum, as well as this, games, and some of the P forums (politics, personal, etc).
Beginner Series Mafia Mod. PM if interested***
-
"I bet you're thinking right now 'haha I'm a genius'. well you're not" - Valkrin

*puffs bubble pipe*
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2017 8:21:16 PM
At 8/13/2017 9:08:35 AM, ANON_TacTiX wrote:

Just going to say, I do not like limp bizket. Their guitarist is good, but I never liked the band. Anyway, I'd say I'm into kind of a variety of stuff. Classic rock and metal, most rock, except for the really light, almost poppy stuff, and most metal, except for a lot of black and death metal stuff. Basically, I like all the classic stuff, and a lot of the modern stuff, so long as it isn't too light or too heavy. Probably my favorite band would have to be Tool. I don't exactly know why. My friends and I joke about Tool, saying that they're not a band, and their songs aren't just songs. They are an experience. And I guess that's one of the reasons that I love them. They do a lot of weird stuff with their music that most people would never think to do, and there just seems to be so much to what they create and so many meanings and messages that can take years to uncover. Though I guess Tool fans haven't had much else to do since their 10,000 Days.

This is my favorite song by them and probably my favorite song overall at the moment.

It's actually kind of weird that I got into rock and metal, though. I actually used to be, like most people, a pop and country fan. My parents were, and that was really all I ever heard, so that was what I listened to. I never really listened to music other than when I was in the car, though. Or just anywhere where it happened to be playing. I didn't actually listen to music by myself like I do now. One day, though, I heard a song on a commercial for a show called The Following. I liked what I heard and looked it up to find out that it was a song called My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark by Fall Out Boy. I listened to that and started listening to more of their music. They were pretty light rock, and my friends found out I liked them, so they started recommending songs to me. I think that listening to Break by Three Days Grace (on my friend's recommendation) was what really did it for me. I started listening to rock a lot more, and my friends kept giving me stuff to listen to. I think it gradually got a bit heavier, and then hey said I should listen to Slipknot. I said I wouldn't because they were way too heavy, and I would like that kind of stuff. Plus, the masks honestly creeped me out. Then I decided to give it a try (with my computer screen closed because of he masks), and I listened to Devil In I. After that, I was hooked on rock and metal, and my tastes have been expanding, and I've been finding new stuff to listen to ever since.

The funny thing about becoming a rock and metal fan is the surprise that it produced in other people when they found out. I'm not exactly what some would call a stereotypical fan. Pretty quiet, mild-mannered, nerdy type of kid. Though, I was surprised that one of my friends (the one that gave me the most suggestions) liked it too. He seemed like the absolute stereotypical country fan.

Tool is a great band, one of the best under the rock genre in my opinion which i'm sure you agree. I watched them live and my seat was right behind their drummer... insane. You know all the sound effects he controls? Even when it sounds like it is a piano player.. nope it's him. He has electric drum pads with the sound effects on them. He would be hitting them in the middle of going off, it was pretty impressive. It's called 4 way independence in the drumming world, which means each limb can do something independent to the other limb without thinking about it. He is one of the best 4-way drummers.

See, one thing is and i am assuming you are 17 like your profile says, you have your finger on a lot of music. Youtube wasn't really a thing when i was 17, so i had to listen to what i could find and that was usually from radio. Luckily, the mainstream played some dark stuff back then, or i wouldn't have had any bands. But, for that reason, i liked a lot of the stuff in main stream... sadly, limpBiz. lol. Their 3dollar bill album wasn't bad though, even now i would give it some thumbs up. All their other stuff is crap, and yes, i mainly only liked the guitarist. He was creative as hell.

Here is a song that reminds me of something you might like:

Is there any other weird-ish genres you like that aren't the mainstream? For me it is nightcore which is remixes of songs into girl voices that feel up and happy type beats. It's pretty cool. Here is an example of a good song, that is a rock remix:

I also really love celtic and/or medieval type music. Stuff you would here in a catholic church. It just makes me feel dark and i like that. This would be my apocalypse song:

Those are probably the most out of box genres i search through.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2017 1:11:56 AM
Rock and metal make up the majority of my music listening. Here are my favorite subgenres with one of my favorite tracks in those subgenres listed:

Progressive Rock - https://www.youtube.com...
Psychedelic Rock - https://www.youtube.com...
Experimental Rock - https://www.youtube.com...
Hard Rock - https://www.youtube.com...
Jazz Fusion - https://www.youtube.com...
Progressive Metal - https://www.youtube.com...
Doom Metal - https://www.youtube.com...
Black Metal - https://www.youtube.com...
Lying on the hill, crawling over the windowsill into your living room, they stare out, glass-eyed aimless heads, bodies torn by vultures. You are the man whose hands are rank with the smell of death. - Peter Hammill, "The Emperor in His War Room"
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2017 1:39:48 AM
At 8/14/2017 1:11:56 AM, Subutai wrote:
Rock and metal make up the majority of my music listening. Here are my favorite subgenres with one of my favorite tracks in those subgenres listed:

That Jazz Fusion song was pretty sick.
ANON_TacTiX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2017 1:47:48 AM
At 8/13/2017 7:19:54 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 8/13/2017 6:58:16 PM, ANON_TacTiX wrote:

osu has introduced me to a lot of different music genres, many of them non-english, so I can find you some more probably. Ever listened to Epica? How about Undead Corporation?
No, I haven't, but I'm definitely happy to look them up. I always like finding new stuff to listen to.

Yeah, I usually don't venture into those forums. I tend to stick around the main forum, as well as this, games, and some of the P forums (politics, personal, etc).
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2017 1:49:17 AM
At 8/14/2017 1:39:48 AM, Outplayz wrote:

If you liked that, check out the whole Apocalypse album.
Lying on the hill, crawling over the windowsill into your living room, they stare out, glass-eyed aimless heads, bodies torn by vultures. You are the man whose hands are rank with the smell of death. - Peter Hammill, "The Emperor in His War Room"
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2017 1:52:53 AM
At 8/14/2017 1:49:17 AM, Subutai wrote:

I really liked the incorporation of the female vocals, do they all have that?
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2017 2:01:18 AM
At 8/14/2017 1:52:53 AM, Outplayz wrote:

They're on multiple songs, but I don't think it's too prevalent across the whole album. It's majority instrumental. Besides that, their next album Visions of the Emerald Beyond also features female vocals. In addition, the first two Return to Forever albums, Return to Forever and Light as a Feather, as well as some of Chick Corea's solo albums like My Spanish Heart and The Mad Hatter feature female vocals.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2017 2:06:35 AM
At 8/14/2017 2:01:18 AM, Subutai wrote:

They're on multiple songs, but I don't think it's too prevalent across the whole album. It's majority instrumental. Besides that, their next album Visions of the Emerald Beyond also features female vocals. In addition, the first two Return to Forever albums, Return to Forever and Light as a Feather, as well as some of Chick Corea's solo albums like My Spanish Heart and The Mad Hatter feature female vocals.

Cool, ill check them out. I am currently into metal mode again bc of this question. Listening to this album:

These guys are a fusion of jazz-ish and death metal... if you can handle the singer, listen to the music, it's insane.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2017 2:09:53 AM
At 8/14/2017 2:06:35 AM, Outplayz wrote:

Cool, ill check them out. I am currently into metal mode again bc of this question. Listening to this album:

These guys are a fusion of jazz-ish and death metal... if you can handle the singer, listen to the music, it's insane.

I have no problem with harsh vocals, I just usually like my death metal melodic (think Opeth and Edge of Sanity). Although, from the parts I've listened to, its very fast and the drumming is very intense, so I may like it nevertheless.

I'm going to assume you've listened to Meshuggah at some point?
ANON_TacTiX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2017 2:15:54 AM
At 8/13/2017 8:21:16 PM, Outplayz wrote:

Tool is a great band, one of the best under the rock genre in my opinion which i'm sure you agree. I watched them live and my seat was right behind their drummer... insane. You know all the sound effects he controls? Even when it sounds like it is a piano player.. nope it's him. He has electric drum pads with the sound effects on them. He would be hitting them in the middle of going off, it was pretty impressive. It's called 4 way independence in the drumming world, which means each limb can do something independent to the other limb without thinking about it. He is one of the best 4-way drummers.
Jesus, I've got a friend that would've killed to be at a concert like that. Sounds amazing. The only concert I've ever been to in the rock and metal genre is a Metallica concert. Volbeat and Avenged Sevenfold opened for them. Great concert. Avenged Sevenfold was alright, and it got me listening to more of them, but they recently lost their sound guy, and it was just kind of out of balance.
See, one thing is and i am assuming you are 17 like your profile says, you have your finger on a lot of music. Youtube wasn't really a thing when i was 17, so i had to listen to what i could find and that was usually from radio. Luckily, the mainstream played some dark stuff back then, or i wouldn't have had any bands. But, for that reason, i liked a lot of the stuff in main stream... sadly, limpBiz. lol. Their 3dollar bill album wasn't bad though, even now i would give it some thumbs up. All their other stuff is crap, and yes, i mainly only liked the guitarist. He was creative as hell.
Yeah. Growing up when I am definitely has its perks, and having so much at your fingertips is definitely one of them.
Here is a song that reminds me of something you might like:

Oh yeah, I've heard a lot of Three Days Grace. I enjoy a lot of their music, especially because they were one of the bands that really got me into rock.
Is there any other weird-ish genres you like that aren't the mainstream? For me it is nightcore which is remixes of songs into girl voices that feel up and happy type beats. It's pretty cool. Here is an example of a good song, that is a rock remix:

I've heard some stuff like this here and there. It's not what I usually listen to, but it is pretty good.
I also really love celtic and/or medieval type music. Stuff you would here in a catholic church. It just makes me feel dark and i like that. This would be my apocalypse song:

Interesting. Probably not something I'd listen to much, but definitely worth checking out.
Those are probably the most out of box genres i search through.

I found something a while ago called metalstep. I listen to a little dubstep every now and then, and I thought it would be cool to see if I could find a mix between it and metal. It is interesting, and it's fun to listen to every now and then. I also got pretty into Nine Inch Nails. This is one of my favorite songs by them.

Funny thing is, I actually heard this song back when I listened to country and pop. Johnny Cash did a pretty good cover of it. My parents didn't realize that it was actually a cover, and almost didn't believe me when I told them that Nine Inch Nails wrote it. I thought it was funny that one of the most well known country artists did a cover of a song by these guys.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2017 2:16:23 AM
At 8/14/2017 2:09:53 AM, Subutai wrote:

I have no problem with harsh vocals, I just usually like my death metal melodic (think Opeth and Edge of Sanity). Although, from the parts I've listened to, its very fast and the drumming is very intense, so I may like it nevertheless.

Yeah. They are just too trigger-y for me. Listen to the first two songs, they get to the melodic parts eventually. The thing i like most about them is that they sound like they are just jamming in a garage unfiltered. That is why some parts will even sound like it is off timing... they just jam. I like that in death metal drummers. Meshuggah sounds like they got all the drum parts from a drum machine... and, i am pretty sure that is what they do. If i am not mistaking the band... The drummer doesn't even meet up with the others. He gets his part made on a drum machine or program, learns it, and plays... the problem with that is, at least for me as a drummer, i can notice it. But, don't get me wrong... they are a pretty wild band nevertheless. Met the guys... they are funny too. "Where are all the orange county b!itches" Right when he got up to play at the whiskey when my friends opened for them. It was pretty funny right before they when right into a song. Also saw them at a ozfest. They were/are insane live.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2017 2:24:31 AM
At 8/14/2017 2:16:23 AM, Outplayz wrote:

Yeah. They are just too trigger-y for me. Listen to the first two songs, they get to the melodic parts eventually. The thing i like most about them is that they sound like they are just jamming in a garage unfiltered. That is why some parts will even sound like it is off timing... they just jam. I like that in death metal drummers. Meshuggah sounds like they got all the drum parts from a drum machine... and, i am pretty sure that is what they do. If i am not mistaking the band... The drummer doesn't even meet up with the others. He gets his part made on a drum machine or program, learns it, and plays... the problem with that is, at least for me as a drummer, i can notice it. But, don't get me wrong... they are a pretty wild band nevertheless. Met the guys... they are funny too. "Where are all the orange county b!itches" Right when he got up to play at the whiskey when my friends opened for them. It was pretty funny right before they when right into a song. Also saw them at a ozfest. They were/are insane live.

Aside from one album (Catch Thirtythree), all of Meshuggah's studio drum work is played, with effects simply being added in the mastering process. And there's no programming when they're playing live. Listen to I if you need any proof of this. I is one of the most complicated pieces of music I've ever heard.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2017 2:27:42 AM
At 8/14/2017 2:15:54 AM, ANON_TacTiX wrote:

I found something a while ago called metalstep. I listen to a little dubstep every now and then, and I thought it would be cool to see if I could find a mix between it and metal. It is interesting, and it's fun to listen to every now and then. I also got pretty into Nine Inch Nails. This is one of my favorite songs by them.

Funny thing is, I actually heard this song back when I listened to country and pop. Johnny Cash did a pretty good cover of it. My parents didn't realize that it was actually a cover, and almost didn't believe me when I told them that Nine Inch Nails wrote it. I thought it was funny that one of the most well known country artists did a cover of a song by these guys.

I really dislike Nine Inch Nails... For some reason. I like maybe a handful of songs from them, this one not too bad, but nothing that would be hair raising. They have a weird industrial element to them that i dislike.

Metalstep, lol. When i played for bands, i always tried to make this happen. I knew it would be pretty awesome to mix the genres. I've also noticed it's starting to happen. Korn i think started it mixing with Skrillex... these two songs are pretty sick... or at least well done:

This is a good mix too made a little later, and much harder, but has its good parts:

I still want to start a band, or a 2 man group where i play drums to someone playing dubstep. I think it would be awesome to play for bars and small venues with just a dj and drummer going off. The Dj can do everything, but having live drums just makes it so much more in your face hard, so it could be a cool idea if done right in my opinion. I think/am pretty sure Travis Parker has done this in clubs in LA, and it goes off musically.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2017 2:32:05 AM
At 8/14/2017 2:27:42 AM, Outplayz wrote:

I really dislike Nine Inch Nails... For some reason. I like maybe a handful of songs from them, this one not too bad, but nothing that would be hair raising. They have a weird industrial element to them that i dislike.

Lol there's literally a genre called industrial rock and Nine Inch Nails is part of it. You might like this: https://www.youtube.com...
Metalstep, lol. When i played for bands, i always tried to make this happen. I knew it would be pretty awesome to mix the genres. I've also noticed it's starting to happen. Korn i think started it mixing with Skrillex... these two songs are pretty sick... or at least well done:

This is a good mix too made a little later, and much harder, but has its good parts:

I still want to start a band, or a 2 man group where i play drums to someone playing dubstep. I think it would be awesome to play for bars and small venues with just a dj and drummer going off. The Dj can do everything, but having live drums just makes it so much more in your face hard, so it could be a cool idea if done right in my opinion. I think/am pretty sure Travis Parker has done this in clubs in LA, and it goes off musically.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2017 2:32:40 AM
At 8/14/2017 2:24:31 AM, Subutai wrote:
At 8/14/2017 2:16:23 AM, Outplayz wrote:

Aside from one album (Catch Thirtythree), all of Meshuggah's studio drum work is played, with effects simply being added in the mastering process. And there's no programming when they're playing live. Listen to I if you need any proof of this. I is one of the most complicated pieces of music I've ever heard.

Oh, i know he plays it live. I think they make the beats on a program before he plays them however... he still plays it, which is insane, but a program makes it for him. It could be someone else, bc i use to hang out with a lot of metal musicians and they would tell me little secrets, so it could be someone else i am thinking of. So, i am not talking about the actual playing, which i am sure he records live... it's that the beats are made for him... if i am thinking of the right person. Plus, this was awhile ago, i haven't heard any of their newer stuff so it very well could have changed. They are an awesome band overall.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2017 2:39:14 AM
At 8/14/2017 2:32:05 AM, Subutai wrote:

Lol there's literally a genre called industrial rock and Nine Inch Nails is part of it. You

Haha, i know. I think that German band is considered under it too... forget who they are again.. the DuHast band. I just don't like the genre much, very selective in the songs. But, this song is not bad... i actually enjoyed it. It is bc it is dark and that is my crutch, especially when you have a minors meets major cord feel to it, that's magic. Yet, i wish he had some kind of change in there, 'break down' or something lol,... i hate it when they keep it redundant.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2017 2:41:56 AM

Lol there's literally a genre called industrial rock and Nine Inch Nails is part of it. You might like this: https://www.youtube.com...

Saw this in the corner on Youtube suggestions:

Dang... this is sick.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2017 2:42:47 AM
At 8/14/2017 2:41:56 AM, Outplayz wrote:

Saw this in the corner on Youtube suggestions:

Dang... this is sick.

Opps meant to show ANON'x that lol... but enjoy
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2017 2:42:56 AM
At 8/14/2017 2:39:14 AM, Outplayz wrote:

Lol there's literally a genre called industrial rock and Nine Inch Nails is part of it. You

Haha, i know. I think that German band is considered under it too... forget who they are again.. the DuHast band. I just don't like the genre much, very selective in the songs. But, this song is not bad... i actually enjoyed it. It is bc it is dark and that is my crutch, especially when you have a minors meets major cord feel to it, that's magic. Yet, i wish he had some kind of change in there, 'break down' or something lol,... i hate it when they keep it redundant.

That would be Rammstein. My opinion on industrial music is split. Some is good (Laibach comes to mind because of the militaristic feel to it) and I rather like NIN because of the grungy (early) and ambient (later) feel of their music (but, even then, there's a good bit of NIN music I don't like), but, as a whole, there's not a lot to the genre that interests me.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2017 2:43:26 AM

Just heard/found this song on Youtube... dang pretty sick if you haven't heard it.