Jump to topic:

Taylor Swift

Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2017 11:27:55 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
She's good but every song is the same thing presented differently.

"the old taylor can't come to the phone now"

No, she doesn't mean it like she's changed. She's always sung about relationships gone wrong.
"Jesus was an atheist"
-Harikrish-

"circle, blue, cross, bacon"
-Vaarka-

"You are forgiven my child... Your lamentations have un-hardened my heart and hence I have lifted thine DDO plague of 503..."
-Airmax1227-

"So sayeth Professor Perussi. All hail his infinite wisdom."
-Goldtop-

"No"
-Airmax1227-

DO NOT TAKE THIS LINK: http://www.debate.org...
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2017 9:17:00 PM
At 8/30/2017 11:27:55 AM, Perussi wrote:

No, she doesn't mean it like she's changed. She's always sung about relationships gone wrong.

She's still very young, and has run out of "up" in the pop music business. Except, perhaps, for growing up. I look forward to when she finally stops trying to be the queen pop-shlock, and begins making music for it's own sake. I bet she'll be great!
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2017 10:45:17 PM
At 9/5/2017 9:17:00 PM, PureX wrote:

She's still very young, and has run out of "up" in the pop music business. Except, perhaps, for growing up. I look forward to when she finally stops trying to be the queen pop-shlock, and begins making music for it's own sake. I bet she'll be great!

I believe she always dishes out good tunes, they are just all the same and not for me. Not the same in music or even style, just topic.
"Jesus was an atheist"
-Harikrish-

"circle, blue, cross, bacon"
-Vaarka-

"You are forgiven my child... Your lamentations have un-hardened my heart and hence I have lifted thine DDO plague of 503..."
-Airmax1227-

"So sayeth Professor Perussi. All hail his infinite wisdom."
-Goldtop-

"No"
-Airmax1227-

DO NOT TAKE THIS LINK: http://www.debate.org...
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2017 7:43:52 PM

I don't know, to me she seems just terrible.

Eh she's a stuck record player at this point. I'd rather listen to pizza: https://www.youtube.com...
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2017 4:23:07 PM
Her music is awful in my opinion; it's not just that she sings about the same boring topic, but her voice is incredibly average. I can't stand Adele either, she always sings up about repetitive stuff as well, but I have a theory that she's actually singing about food takeout orders that go wrong...like a Chinese meal that arrived at the wrong house, or a Macdonalds that didn't come with large fries.
GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2017 7:24:27 PM
At 9/13/2017 4:23:07 PM, Emilrose wrote:
Her music is awful in my opinion; it's not just that she sings about the same boring topic, but her voice is incredibly average. I can't stand Adele either, she always sings up about repetitive stuff as well, but I have a theory that she's actually singing about food takeout orders that go wrong...like a Chinese meal that arrived at the wrong house, or a Macdonalds that didn't come with large fries.

Adele? Your just jealous because you're not 30lbs overweight and sing like a scalded cat.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2017 7:45:52 PM
At 9/13/2017 7:24:27 PM, GrimlyF wrote:

Adele? Your just jealous because you're not 30lbs overweight and sing like a scalded cat.

Haha...that's actually amusing.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2017 8:38:51 PM

it doesn't have to be good, it just has to sell, good entertainment all but died a long time ago.
GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2017 9:17:51 AM
At 9/13/2017 8:38:51 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

it doesn't have to be good, it just has to sell, good entertainment all but died a long time ago.

Careful now, people will call you an "old fogey". Fogeydom now seems to begin in ones early 40s.
hellofellowhumans
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2017 2:47:11 PM
She's kinda bland... I mean, she writes about break-ups and love in almost all of her songs, and always starts unnecessary beef with other artists!
-afellowhuman
GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2017 3:34:45 AM
At 9/17/2017 2:47:11 PM, hellofellowhumans wrote:
She's kinda bland... I mean, she writes about break-ups and love in almost all of her songs, and always starts unnecessary beef with other artists!

"Unnecessary beef"?. How else can both sides keep the publicity machine cranking out drivel?