Jump to topic:

There's only one good art style...

jesusismywarrior
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2017 4:45:31 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
And it's the art they had in the renasssaince. Anything after that or before that, was inferior filth.
Mark 10:44-45 "44 and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. 45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."
GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2017 6:31:48 AM
As the renaissance took centuries to cover Europe and each country had their renaissance at different times you must be more specific.
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2017 10:19:47 PM
At 9/23/2017 4:45:31 PM, jesusismywarrior wrote:
And it's the art they had in the renasssaince. Anything after that or before that, was inferior filth.

Correction, there are four good art Styles. This includes rap artists before the Eminem era, Egyption cave paintings and string instrumentalists in the 12th century.
Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more so we may fear less. -Marie Curie

#NoLoveForZarrothett

I am like a rubber band until you pull too hard. -Sia

I know things about the universe that will forever remain a mystery to a person like you. -Inferno
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2017 4:23:26 PM
1. What is "good art" is not necessarily what YOU like.

2. The purpose of making art is not to garner popular approval. Artists don't do what they do, to please others.

3. Artworks have a purpose within the cultures for which they are created. And that purpose changes from culture to culture, and from era to era. To judge works of art apart from their context, and without knowing their intended cultural purpose, is certainly possible, but it's sort of like judging oranges by a criteria intended for apples.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2017 3:34:53 PM
At 10/9/2017 4:23:26 PM, PureX wrote:
1. What is "good art" is not necessarily what YOU like.

2. The purpose of making art is not to garner popular approval. Artists don't do what they do, to please others.

3. Artworks have a purpose within the cultures for which they are created. And that purpose changes from culture to culture, and from era to era. To judge works of art apart from their context, and without knowing their intended cultural purpose, is certainly possible, but it's sort of like judging oranges by a criteria intended for apples.

Have I ever mentioned how much I appreciate your thoughtful replies
Beginner Series Mafia Mod. PM if interested***
-
"I bet you're thinking right now 'haha I'm a genius'. well you're not" - Valkrin

*puffs bubble pipe*