Jump to topic:

New cape fear movie?

Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2017 3:32:46 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
I'm hearing rumors (I just happen to know someone) that talks are underway to produce a 3rd version of Cape Fear for release around 2020, making it coincide (as the second one did) with the 29th year since the first version.

From what I hear Tom Hardy is considered a "natural" for the role of Max Cady but no idea who will play the lawyer Bowden.

What's interesting is that I also heard that (like the 2nd movie did) the new one will leverage the actors from the previous one, so we can expect to see DeNiro and Nolte as characters in this new version.

I hope they keep to the same music as Bernard Herman's score is still stunningly good.
GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2017 6:25:52 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
I do hope not. The 1st 2 films are superb and will not be bettered in our modern age because we no longer do the tension and suspense needed for this stalker film. Tom Hardy? Why? He's plodding and dull and has no "presence" and I don't think he has the ability to produce the brooding, psychotic madness that fills Cady. His rep' is for simple violence, graphically rendered not the coldly planned fear that Max instills. Travis Fimmel would be perfect.