Jump to topic:

Debates That Need Votes

JimShady
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2017 8:48:26 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Hello, if you don't know me, I am JimShady. I'm not really active on DDO forums, but anyways, I'm here starting a forum for people who wish to advertise their debate a little for votes. There's been a lot of times when I pour my heart and soul into a debate, and then no one votes. I'm quite sure many people have experiences like this, so here is a forum set up to advertise debates that need votes.

I will check back here regularly to see if any need votes, and while I can't promise to vote on every debate or vote for YOU (I vote based on the best arguer, not who I agree with), I will at least try.
Jim_Shady, aka Pajama Boy, inherited son of the 313 and Brotherhood sympathizer.
JimShady
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2017 8:49:14 PM
Here, I will start this off with my own request.
Jim_Shady, aka Pajama Boy, inherited son of the 313 and Brotherhood sympathizer.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2017 9:37:54 PM
Wow, this should be a sticky!
: At 10/2/2017 3:00:43 AM, YYW wrote:
: Bossy: You are Regina.

:Inferno wrote:
:You sound rather gay.

-- And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

"I believe that my powers of mind are surely such that I would have become in a
certain sense a resolver of all problems. I do not believe that I could have remained in
error anywhere for long. I believe that I would have earned the name of Redeemer,
because I had the nature of a Redeemer. "
JimShady
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2017 3:17:43 PM
I am open for requests.
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2017 2:41:11 AM
This is going to be great: http://www.debate.org...
"Jesus was an atheist"
-Harikrish-

"circle, blue, cross, bacon"
-Vaarka-

"You are forgiven my child... Your lamentations have un-hardened my heart and hence I have lifted thine DDO plague of 503..."
-Airmax1227-

"So sayeth Professor Perussi. All hail his infinite wisdom."
-Goldtop-

"No"
-Airmax1227-

DO NOT TAKE THIS LINK: http://www.debate.org...
DrCereal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2017 1:46:47 AM
Would you care to vote on mine?
Currently, the debate I recently participated in has only received a single vote, and the vote is somewhat lacking in adequate explanation (i.e., it completely lacks explanation).

I would be very grateful if you could do the honor of critiquing my arguments.

http://www.debate.org...
JimShady
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2017 1:15:19 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
Please vote if you have the time.

Thanks!
Masterful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2017 4:42:50 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 9/27/2017 8:48:26 PM, JimShady wrote:
Hello, if you don't know me, I am JimShady. I'm not really active on DDO forums, but anyways, I'm here starting a forum for people who wish to advertise their debate a little for votes. There's been a lot of times when I pour my heart and soul into a debate, and then no one votes. I'm quite sure many people have experiences like this, so here is a forum set up to advertise debates that need votes.

I will check back here regularly to see if any need votes, and while I can't promise to vote on every debate or vote for YOU (I vote based on the best arguer, not who I agree with), I will at least try.

In my opponents second argument, he admits that racism is natural.

Leader of the Brotherhood.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2017 10:14:55 AM

There's already a permanent thread for unvoted debates. It's the first one in this section.
GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2017 11:24:51 AM
At 11/12/2017 10:14:55 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:

There's already a permanent thread for unvoted debates. It's the first one in this section.

We actually need Users with voting rights. Not an easy undertaking on this site.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2017 4:16:34 PM
At 11/12/2017 11:24:51 AM, GrimlyF wrote:

We actually need Users with voting rights. Not an easy undertaking on this site.

I agree that the bar is rather high when it comes to judging good votes.
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2017 4:31:09 PM
At 11/12/2017 4:16:34 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Totally agree voting is pretty high. I guess this is why people don't vote that much. It pretty much like election it hard to find voting booths, and they are a lot you need to read and understand. So, this is why only like 1/3 of the country votes.
GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2017 5:57:45 PM
Posted: 6 days ago
At 11/12/2017 4:31:09 PM, Nd2400 wrote:

Totally agree voting is pretty high. I guess this is why people don't vote that much. It pretty much like election it hard to find voting booths, and they are a lot you need to read and understand. So, this is why only like 1/3 of the country votes.

In fact you are wrong. The voting on this site seems to be the baileywick of moderators and their "friends". I took part in 5 debates with the aim of garnering the points I needed to gain
voting rights. 3 of my debates ended in forfeits but of course there is no update on this site so I didn't get the points I needed. I have no intention of wasting more time on debates and use a different site when I want serious one-on-one debate. This site is only for the kiddies.
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2017 6:50:52 PM
Posted: 6 days ago
At 11/14/2017 5:57:45 PM, GrimlyF wrote:

In fact you are wrong. The voting on this site seems to be the baileywick of moderators and their "friends". I took part in 5 debates with the aim of garnering the points I needed to gain
voting rights. 3 of my debates ended in forfeits but of course there is no update on this site so I didn't get the points I needed. I have no intention of wasting more time on debates and use a different site when I want serious one-on-one debate. This site is only for the kiddies.

Okay... so what other website do you use for debates? And why are you on here if you don't use the debate sections? Or you just like being on the forums?
GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2017 3:35:04 PM
Posted: 4 days ago
At 11/14/2017 6:50:52 PM, Nd2400 wrote:
At 11/14/2017 5:57:45 PM, GrimlyF wrote:

Okay... so what other website do you use for debates? And why are you on here if you don't use the debate sections? Or you just like being on the forums?

Would I really invite the likes of YYW, Fanboy, Gentorev, John-C and so on to bedevil a decent Debate site with their asinine trolling and idiotic posts? I mostly use this site as light relief from the more serious topics I address on other sites. After all a site where actual facts and figures are are ignored in favour of simple "Opinions" doesn't draw the more knowledgeable users.