Total Posts:81|Showing Posts:61-81|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Ban talking about race on DDO*

Emilrose
Posts: 6,508
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2017 1:30:33 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 11/2/2017 12:06:12 PM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 11/2/2017 11:54:45 AM, Emilrose wrote:
I'll proxy-debate abortion
All right, what will the resolution be?

Abortion is murder?

Hm, stamping on an overripe yet ambiguous apple in the sunset while moonwalking could be considered murder.

I'd want a fairer resolution, like 'abortion should be illegal'. I'd maybe settle for 'abortion is wrong'.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Unstobbaple
Posts: 3,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2017 2:39:13 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 11/2/2017 11:52:21 AM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 11/2/2017 3:11:50 AM, Unstobbaple wrote:
At 11/1/2017 7:27:03 AM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 10/31/2017 10:19:56 PM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 10/31/2017 5:00:24 PM, Unstobbaple wrote:
I love this quote. Btw, ate we doing the god debate or what?
Abortion?

Bossy challenged you to the god debate already.
All right, Unstobbaple has clearly pussed out, as is made obvious by his refusal to reply to this post.
I'm still busy being a li'l btch boy and looking for someone to debate for me since I suck at formal debates.
Let me know when you find someone to proxy-debate abortion, and let Bossy know when you find someone to proxy-debate God then.

I honestly am game for the resolution but I do want to get the first ever proxy debate challenge in DDO history. I'm not drumming up a lot of interest in the religion forum tho.
Sui_Generis
Posts: 4,522
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2017 2:40:54 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 11/2/2017 1:30:33 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/2/2017 12:06:12 PM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 11/2/2017 11:54:45 AM, Emilrose wrote:
I'll proxy-debate abortion
All right, what will the resolution be?

Abortion is murder?

Hm, stamping on an overripe yet ambiguous apple in the sunset while moonwalking could be considered murder.

I'd want a fairer resolution, like 'abortion should be illegal'. I'd maybe settle for 'abortion is wrong'.
Well "murder" isn't the same as "homocide"... murder is the unjust killing of a human. Does that resolve your reluctance?
"How true it is that words are but vague shadows of the volumes we mean. Little audible links they are, chaining together great inaudible feelings and purposes."

"Nobody wants to be in your sig." ~Emilrose
Sui_Generis
Posts: 4,522
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2017 2:42:10 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 11/2/2017 2:39:13 PM, Unstobbaple wrote:
At 11/2/2017 11:52:21 AM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 11/2/2017 3:11:50 AM, Unstobbaple wrote:
At 11/1/2017 7:27:03 AM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 10/31/2017 10:19:56 PM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 10/31/2017 5:00:24 PM, Unstobbaple wrote:
I love this quote. Btw, ate we doing the god debate or what?
Abortion?

Bossy challenged you to the god debate already.
All right, Unstobbaple has clearly pussed out, as is made obvious by his refusal to reply to this post.
I'm still busy being a li'l btch boy and looking for someone to debate for me since I suck at formal debates.
Let me know when you find someone to proxy-debate abortion, and let Bossy know when you find someone to proxy-debate God then.
I honestly am game for the resolution but I do want to get the first ever proxy debate challenge in DDO history. I'm not drumming up a lot of interest in the religion forum tho.
then you should get someone for the god challenge, since I don't have a proxy for abortion
"How true it is that words are but vague shadows of the volumes we mean. Little audible links they are, chaining together great inaudible feelings and purposes."

"Nobody wants to be in your sig." ~Emilrose
Emilrose
Posts: 6,508
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2017 3:21:20 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 11/2/2017 2:40:54 PM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 11/2/2017 1:30:33 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/2/2017 12:06:12 PM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 11/2/2017 11:54:45 AM, Emilrose wrote:
I'll proxy-debate abortion
All right, what will the resolution be?

Abortion is murder?

Hm, stamping on an overripe yet ambiguous apple in the sunset while moonwalking could be considered murder.

I'd want a fairer resolution, like 'abortion should be illegal'. I'd maybe settle for 'abortion is wrong'.
Well "murder" isn't the same as "homocide"... murder is the unjust killing of a human. Does that resolve your reluctance?

I'll think about it.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Sui_Generis
Posts: 4,522
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2017 3:45:35 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 11/2/2017 3:21:20 PM, Emilrose wrote
I'll think about it.
I just don't want to have to argue that murder is immoral.
"How true it is that words are but vague shadows of the volumes we mean. Little audible links they are, chaining together great inaudible feelings and purposes."

"Nobody wants to be in your sig." ~Emilrose
Emilrose
Posts: 6,508
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2017 4:39:19 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 11/2/2017 3:45:35 PM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 11/2/2017 3:21:20 PM, Emilrose wrote
I'll think about it.
I just don't want to have to argue that murder is immoral.

Okay, let's do it.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
inferno
Posts: 14,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2017 5:47:28 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 11/2/2017 1:30:33 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/2/2017 12:06:12 PM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 11/2/2017 11:54:45 AM, Emilrose wrote:
I'll proxy-debate abortion
All right, what will the resolution be?

Abortion is murder?

Hm, stamping on an overripe yet ambiguous apple in the sunset while moonwalking could be considered murder.

I'd want a fairer resolution, like 'abortion should be illegal'. I'd maybe settle for 'abortion is wrong'.

Do you think that abortion is wrong ?
Emilrose
Posts: 6,508
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2017 6:04:16 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 11/2/2017 5:47:28 PM, inferno wrote:
At 11/2/2017 1:30:33 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/2/2017 12:06:12 PM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 11/2/2017 11:54:45 AM, Emilrose wrote:
I'll proxy-debate abortion
All right, what will the resolution be?

Abortion is murder?

Hm, stamping on an overripe yet ambiguous apple in the sunset while moonwalking could be considered murder.

I'd want a fairer resolution, like 'abortion should be illegal'. I'd maybe settle for 'abortion is wrong'.

Do you think that abortion is wrong ?

I have a neutral opinion on the ethics/morality of it-though, I most certainly do think it should be legal (for practical reasons).
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
inferno
Posts: 14,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2017 6:07:12 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 11/2/2017 6:04:16 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/2/2017 5:47:28 PM, inferno wrote:
At 11/2/2017 1:30:33 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/2/2017 12:06:12 PM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 11/2/2017 11:54:45 AM, Emilrose wrote:
I'll proxy-debate abortion
All right, what will the resolution be?

Abortion is murder?

Hm, stamping on an overripe yet ambiguous apple in the sunset while moonwalking could be considered murder.

I'd want a fairer resolution, like 'abortion should be illegal'. I'd maybe settle for 'abortion is wrong'.

Do you think that abortion is wrong ?

I have a neutral opinion on the ethics/morality of it-though, I most certainly do think it should be legal (for practical reasons).

What do you mean for practical reasons. Explain, please.
Unstobbaple
Posts: 3,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 4:50:05 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 11/2/2017 6:07:12 PM, inferno wrote:
At 11/2/2017 6:04:16 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/2/2017 5:47:28 PM, inferno wrote:
At 11/2/2017 1:30:33 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/2/2017 12:06:12 PM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 11/2/2017 11:54:45 AM, Emilrose wrote:
I'll proxy-debate abortion
All right, what will the resolution be?

Abortion is murder?

Hm, stamping on an overripe yet ambiguous apple in the sunset while moonwalking could be considered murder.

I'd want a fairer resolution, like 'abortion should be illegal'. I'd maybe settle for 'abortion is wrong'.

Do you think that abortion is wrong ?

I have a neutral opinion on the ethics/morality of it-though, I most certainly do think it should be legal (for practical reasons).

What do you mean for practical reasons. Explain, please.

She agrees with the Spartans that you should soak your babies in vinegar to make sure they are strong enough to survive the process. It's kind of fcked up but hey... that's the agoge.
Emilrose
Posts: 6,508
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 4:58:02 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 11/2/2017 6:07:12 PM, inferno wrote:
At 11/2/2017 6:04:16 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/2/2017 5:47:28 PM, inferno wrote:
At 11/2/2017 1:30:33 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/2/2017 12:06:12 PM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 11/2/2017 11:54:45 AM, Emilrose wrote:
I'll proxy-debate abortion
All right, what will the resolution be?

Abortion is murder?

Hm, stamping on an overripe yet ambiguous apple in the sunset while moonwalking could be considered murder.

I'd want a fairer resolution, like 'abortion should be illegal'. I'd maybe settle for 'abortion is wrong'.

Do you think that abortion is wrong ?

I have a neutral opinion on the ethics/morality of it-though, I most certainly do think it should be legal (for practical reasons).

What do you mean for practical reasons. Explain, please.

It is safer for abortion to be legal; as if it is illegal, women will resort to more dangerous methods of removing the blastocyst/embryo instead of seeking the assistance of medical professionals.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Unstobbaple
Posts: 3,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 5:29:02 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 11/2/2017 6:07:12 PM, inferno wrote:
At 11/2/2017 6:04:16 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/2/2017 5:47:28 PM, inferno wrote:
At 11/2/2017 1:30:33 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/2/2017 12:06:12 PM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 11/2/2017 11:54:45 AM, Emilrose wrote:
I'll proxy-debate abortion
All right, what will the resolution be?

Abortion is murder?

Hm, stamping on an overripe yet ambiguous apple in the sunset while moonwalking could be considered murder.

I'd want a fairer resolution, like 'abortion should be illegal'. I'd maybe settle for 'abortion is wrong'.

Do you think that abortion is wrong ?

I have a neutral opinion on the ethics/morality of it-though, I most certainly do think it should be legal (for practical reasons).

What do you mean for practical reasons. Explain, please.

Only half of fertilized embryos attach to the Uterine wall. The rest are ejected and 'die'. God has aborted more babies than any human in history for sure.
inferno
Posts: 14,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2017 2:49:59 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 11/8/2017 4:58:02 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/2/2017 6:07:12 PM, inferno wrote:
At 11/2/2017 6:04:16 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/2/2017 5:47:28 PM, inferno wrote:
At 11/2/2017 1:30:33 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/2/2017 12:06:12 PM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 11/2/2017 11:54:45 AM, Emilrose wrote:
I'll proxy-debate abortion
All right, what will the resolution be?

Abortion is murder?

Hm, stamping on an overripe yet ambiguous apple in the sunset while moonwalking could be considered murder.

I'd want a fairer resolution, like 'abortion should be illegal'. I'd maybe settle for 'abortion is wrong'.

Do you think that abortion is wrong ?

I have a neutral opinion on the ethics/morality of it-though, I most certainly do think it should be legal (for practical reasons).

What do you mean for practical reasons. Explain, please.

It is safer for abortion to be legal; as if it is illegal, women will resort to more dangerous methods of removing the blastocyst/embryo instead of seeking the assistance of medical professionals.

Very true.
Unstobbaple
Posts: 3,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2017 7:05:10 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/31/2017 10:33:06 PM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 10/31/2017 10:23:15 PM, Unstobbaple wrote:
At 10/31/2017 10:20:47 PM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 10/31/2017 5:00:24 PM, Unstobbaple wrote:
I love this quote. Btw, ate we doing the god debate or what?
http://www.debate.org...
I thought you wanted to debate me? You made a huge thread about it and now you won't debate me?!
I generally don't respond when people post making wild and unfounded assumptions, but I'm replying now.

To the extent that I am.

I'd get a new white knight for religious topics in the future.
dsjpk5
Posts: 4,427
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2017 8:27:57 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/26/2017 8:25:51 AM, Emilrose wrote:
I know that there are rules and regulations that we have to follow on this site. Terms of agreement apply here. But does it really. I just looked at a debate between Bobthe2002 and Throwback. Now I am not saying that I personally was offended by the content and title of their debate. I was however taken by the fact that we can use these words here in our titles. I don't think its necessary unless you are taking an opposing stance on the subject at hand. And no it doesn't make sense to let these racial slurs fly off the handle here on this site randomly because it cheapens its value. Not that it is valuable to begin with.
I think racial slurs should be banned if it is used towards a group of people or a single person. So should racial slurs be banned on DDO. What do you believe.

And, just to extend my argument further: the *only* way we can prevent racial slurs on DDO is if we ban talking about race and become race-neutral. I.e, people literally have to stop attaching one type of race/ethnicity to themselves and others. No more identifying as 'Pacific Islander' or 'Native American', and no more criticising/discussing people who identify as 'Pacific Islander' or 'Native American'. If people do start to talk about race...they should be banned.

Comments please.
Let's ban it
Sui_Generis
Posts: 4,522
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2017 6:38:05 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/31/2017 10:23:15 PM, Unstobbaple wrote:
I thought you wanted to debate me? You made a huge thread about it and now you won't debate me?!
You never sent a challenge, even once you agreed on a resolution...

You've been equally as unhelpful in moving the challenge forward. You have yet to even state whether you find a dedicated forum topic in which to conduct the debate is acceptable or not.

At 11/24/2017 7:05:10 AM, Unstobbaple wrote:
I'd get a new white knight for religious topics in the future.
I thought he did great, personally. You performed exactly as well as I'd hoped you would.
"How true it is that words are but vague shadows of the volumes we mean. Little audible links they are, chaining together great inaudible feelings and purposes."

"Nobody wants to be in your sig." ~Emilrose
Unstobbaple
Posts: 3,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2017 6:42:36 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 11/26/2017 6:38:05 PM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 10/31/2017 10:23:15 PM, Unstobbaple wrote:
I thought you wanted to debate me? You made a huge thread about it and now you won't debate me?!
You never sent a challenge, even once you agreed on a resolution...

You've been equally as unhelpful in moving the challenge forward. You have yet to even state whether you find a dedicated forum topic in which to conduct the debate is acceptable or not.

At 11/24/2017 7:05:10 AM, Unstobbaple wrote:
I'd get a new white knight for religious topics in the future.
I thought he did great, personally. You performed exactly as well as I'd hoped you would.

Yeah, you like that pretentious BS. I did send you a debate challenge and you were very clear you wanted me to debate Bossy and not you. Now you're pretending you wanted to debate.

You're fking ridiculous. What's it feel like to be completely disingenuous? Do you get used to it? For a guy who values direct communication you sure can lie to yourself in a pinch.
Sui_Generis
Posts: 4,522
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2017 7:06:54 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 11/26/2017 6:42:36 PM, Unstobbaple wrote:
I did send you a debate challenge
Wait, what? Are you talking about through the site? Honestly it's been so long since I've done a debate it's possible I didn't realize. Link the debate

and you were very clear you wanted me to debate Bossy and not you. Now you're pretending you wanted to debate.
No; you were stuck on the God debate, which you'd already agreed to move on from, to abortion. Gabriel wanted to debate God, so I directed you to his challenge.

You're fking ridiculous. What's it feel like to be completely disingenuous? Do you get used to it? For a guy who values direct communication you sure can lie to yourself in a pinch.
I'd be interested in this input if it were resultant from some set of facts about me.
"How true it is that words are but vague shadows of the volumes we mean. Little audible links they are, chaining together great inaudible feelings and purposes."

"Nobody wants to be in your sig." ~Emilrose
Unstobbaple
Posts: 3,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2017 9:27:05 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 11/26/2017 7:06:54 PM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 11/26/2017 6:42:36 PM, Unstobbaple wrote:
I did send you a debate challenge
Wait, what? Are you talking about through the site? Honestly it's been so long since I've done a debate it's possible I didn't realize. Link the debate

and you were very clear you wanted me to debate Bossy and not you. Now you're pretending you wanted to debate.
No; you were stuck on the God debate, which you'd already agreed to move on from, to abortion. Gabriel wanted to debate God, so I directed you to his challenge.

You're fking ridiculous. What's it feel like to be completely disingenuous? Do you get used to it? For a guy who values direct communication you sure can lie to yourself in a pinch.
I'd be interested in this input if it were resultant from some set of facts about me.

Yes, but the abortion debate was another proxy debate. You still did not want to debate me directly. I posted the call out thread in response to yours with the relevant threads if you don't recall what you wrote: http://www.debate.org... Feel free to clarify there. Your thread was a dick move. You've had a problem with me not the reverse. My only problem was your call out thread.
Sui_Generis
Posts: 4,522
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2017 11:06:57 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 11/26/2017 9:27:05 PM, Unstobbaple wrote:
Yes, but the abortion debate was another proxy debate. You still did not want to debate me directly. I posted the call out thread in response to yours with the relevant threads if you don't recall what you wrote: http://www.debate.org... Feel free to clarify there. Your thread was a dick move. You've had a problem with me not the reverse. My only problem was your call out thread.

I still asked- was your challenge sent through the site or the forums?

Anyway, I did not once initiate the idea of a proxy debate, and moreover expressed willingness to debate you directly on abortion.
"How true it is that words are but vague shadows of the volumes we mean. Little audible links they are, chaining together great inaudible feelings and purposes."

"Nobody wants to be in your sig." ~Emilrose