Total Posts:112|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Coming in Feburary - ForDebating.com

Coveny
Posts: 93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 12:15:24 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
Due to the problems with debates and accessing this site I decided a few months ago to create a new debating website for head to head debating. You can follow the updates at facebook.com/fordebating, I try to update it weekly with pictures of how the website is progressing, and what it looks like. (any feedback would be appreciated)

It will have tournaments of up to 16 people, 2v2 (2HG) debates, forums, and just about everything else you can find on Debate.org except of course I'm going to actually maintain it. (which could take a little while to get use too given how long the owners of this website have been AWOL)
ForDebating.com is coming in February. A head to head debating website that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers who debate interesting and controversial topics. You can follow updates at https://www.facebook.com...

Feature comparison chart - https://docs.google.com...
Varrack
Posts: 2,451
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 2:17:50 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/8/2017 12:15:24 AM, Coveny wrote:
Due to the problems with debates and accessing this site I decided a few months ago to create a new debating website for head to head debating. You can follow the updates at facebook.com/fordebating, I try to update it weekly with pictures of how the website is progressing, and what it looks like. (any feedback would be appreciated)

It will have tournaments of up to 16 people, 2v2 (2HG) debates, forums, and just about everything else you can find on Debate.org except of course I'm going to actually maintain it. (which could take a little while to get use too given how long the owners of this website have been AWOL)

Interesting. Would it have voting system like the one DDO has? How do you plan on getting people to come to the site?
Coveny
Posts: 93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 2:32:43 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
The debates are broken down into causal and ranked on ForDebating.com. For a ranked debate you have to give a reason for your vote, and those explaination would be like what you do here. It's worth two points. You don't have the option to tick off three different points that give various points, but you can vote on each round for the winner of that round, however the same rules would apply.

In a causal debate there is a second voting option where you don't have to justify your vote, you can just click and go. It's only worth 1 point, and just like the detailed vote you can apply it to each round.

On attracting users: I'm going to have several weekly tournaments where the winner gets a small cash prize. (enough for bragging rights but not so much that it invites cheating to try to make money... $10 or something... think of it as a meal on me) I'm going to do advertising with google PPC. As well as post on various TV show boards to see if if they are interested in debating if one episode is better than another. Obviously I'll cater it to whatever TV shows are more popular. As I have the basic cost of the website covered for three years, if I can get advertisers, I'll use that income to see about having semi-famous people do premium debates on the website, advertise those debates, and have the community decide who won. (obviously the more traffic the more money I can pay for premium debates. Also I've hit some of forum style discussion boards to drum up interest as well.
ForDebating.com is coming in February. A head to head debating website that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers who debate interesting and controversial topics. You can follow updates at https://www.facebook.com...

Feature comparison chart - https://docs.google.com...
YYW
Posts: 43,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 2:51:52 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/8/2017 12:15:24 AM, Coveny wrote:
Due to the problems with debates and accessing this site I decided a few months ago to create a new debating website for head to head debating. You can follow the updates at facebook.com/fordebating, I try to update it weekly with pictures of how the website is progressing, and what it looks like. (any feedback would be appreciated)

It will have tournaments of up to 16 people, 2v2 (2HG) debates, forums, and just about everything else you can find on Debate.org except of course I'm going to actually maintain it. (which could take a little while to get use too given how long the owners of this website have been AWOL)

Your username should have been "covfefe"
Coveny
Posts: 93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 2:57:55 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/8/2017 2:51:52 AM, YYW wrote:
Your username should have been "covfefe"

That sounds vaguely insulting. My username is my real life last name. You can look me up as it's an uncommon name: Mark Coveny. If the picture looks like my picture on here, then you've found me. I'm not a fan of hiding behind anonymity .... "YOLO". (was that last bit petty? I felt like it was a little petty...)
ForDebating.com is coming in February. A head to head debating website that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers who debate interesting and controversial topics. You can follow updates at https://www.facebook.com...

Feature comparison chart - https://docs.google.com...
YYW
Posts: 43,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 2:59:31 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/8/2017 2:57:55 AM, Coveny wrote:
At 11/8/2017 2:51:52 AM, YYW wrote:
Your username should have been "covfefe"

That sounds vaguely insulting. My username is my real life last name. You can look me up as it's an uncommon name: Mark Coveny. If the picture looks like my picture on here, then you've found me. I'm not a fan of hiding behind anonymity .... "YOLO". (was that last bit petty? I felt like it was a little petty...)

You sound very easily offended. That's not a good sign.
YYW
Posts: 43,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 3:01:09 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/8/2017 12:15:24 AM, Coveny wrote:
Due to the problems with debates and accessing this site I decided a few months ago to create a new debating website for head to head debating. You can follow the updates at facebook.com/fordebating, I try to update it weekly with pictures of how the website is progressing, and what it looks like. (any feedback would be appreciated)

It will have tournaments of up to 16 people, 2v2 (2HG) debates, forums, and just about everything else you can find on Debate.org except of course I'm going to actually maintain it. (which could take a little while to get use too given how long the owners of this website have been AWOL)

Oh, and spamming is not allowed here, nor is advertising. I'm sure you weren't aware of it, but advertising the services of a competitor in this forum is a violation of the terms of service.

Your post has been reported to moderation, accordingly.
Nd2400
Posts: 931
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 3:11:47 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/8/2017 3:00:22 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Nope.

So, Emilrose have you though on who you wanna debate on the Vampire?
Emilrose
Posts: 5,476
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 3:22:55 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/8/2017 3:11:47 AM, Nd2400 wrote:
At 11/8/2017 3:00:22 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Nope.

So, Emilrose have you though on who you wanna debate on the Vampire?

Tis' a secret.
Nd2400
Posts: 931
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 3:27:51 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/8/2017 3:22:55 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/8/2017 3:11:47 AM, Nd2400 wrote:
At 11/8/2017 3:00:22 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Nope.

So, Emilrose have you though on who you wanna debate on the Vampire?

Tis' a secret.

A secret.... Okay then... do you know when you going to announce your new opponent ?
Coveny
Posts: 93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 3:30:39 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/8/2017 3:01:09 AM, YYW wrote:

Oh, and spamming is not allowed here, nor is advertising. I'm sure you weren't aware of it, but advertising the services of a competitor in this forum is a violation of the terms of service.

Your post has been reported to moderation, accordingly.

Tell me again who got offended easily? I'm just posting the once, so while I'll concede it's advertising, it's not "spamming".
ForDebating.com is coming in February. A head to head debating website that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers who debate interesting and controversial topics. You can follow updates at https://www.facebook.com...

Feature comparison chart - https://docs.google.com...
Emilrose
Posts: 5,476
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 3:32:42 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/8/2017 3:27:51 AM, Nd2400 wrote:
At 11/8/2017 3:22:55 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/8/2017 3:11:47 AM, Nd2400 wrote:
At 11/8/2017 3:00:22 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Nope.

So, Emilrose have you though on who you wanna debate on the Vampire?

Tis' a secret.

A secret.... Okay then... do you know when you going to announce your new opponent ?

Tis' a secret.
YYW
Posts: 43,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 3:35:27 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/8/2017 3:30:39 AM, Coveny wrote:
At 11/8/2017 3:01:09 AM, YYW wrote:

Oh, and spamming is not allowed here, nor is advertising. I'm sure you weren't aware of it, but advertising the services of a competitor in this forum is a violation of the terms of service.

Your post has been reported to moderation, accordingly.

Tell me again who got offended easily?

Hmmm. Offended, and defensive. So, you come on this site. I make a *funny* joke, and then you're a dick about it.

I let your being a dick go, sort of, but you still aren't allowed to spam or advertise.

I'm just posting the once, so while I'll concede it's advertising, it's not "spamming".

lol

This is getting worse for you. Spam doesn't depend on the number of spam posts you make. You can make only one spam post, and here you have, by advertising your site, in violation of this site's terms of service.

I mean really... look at my post count. I've been here for a while.

You're not making friends, here. in fact, you're pissing people off by spamming this site with your advertisements which are unwelcome. Your asshole_defensiveness isn't helping your case either.
Coveny
Posts: 93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 3:36:47 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/8/2017 3:11:47 AM, Nd2400 wrote:

So, Emilrose have you though on who you wanna debate on the Vampire?

I would think the whole killing people would be a difficult point to overcome, but I guess you didn't define which mythos of vampires you are going with so it could be the ones who can wipe victims minds and therefore don't have to kill. You really should define what type of vampire you will be arguing for. I mean is it the Twilight kind or the Nosferatu kind?
ForDebating.com is coming in February. A head to head debating website that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers who debate interesting and controversial topics. You can follow updates at https://www.facebook.com...

Feature comparison chart - https://docs.google.com...
YYW
Posts: 43,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 3:37:24 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
I mean at the end of the day, you got offended over the word "covfefe" ... which I don't even have a response to. That's very "sensitive". You're on snowflake level right now.

Then, you pitch a fit because I informed you that you are violating the TOS by spamming the site.

Tell me again why you think this is going to get people to YOUR site? It's not. If you're trying to sell a product, I'm not buying.
Nd2400
Posts: 931
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 3:51:13 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/8/2017 3:32:42 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/8/2017 3:27:51 AM, Nd2400 wrote:
At 11/8/2017 3:22:55 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/8/2017 3:11:47 AM, Nd2400 wrote:
At 11/8/2017 3:00:22 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Nope.

So, Emilrose have you though on who you wanna debate on the Vampire?

Tis' a secret.

A secret.... Okay then... do you know when you going to announce your new opponent ?

Tis' a secret.

Not helping me out here... lol You know i want another chance at you. You want me to get on my knees and beg you for another chance on debating you?
I feel good about this Debate, i like the Vampire issue. I'm willing to go all the way with this. I think you could tell, so I'm always mentioning this debate to you, ever since you posted up....
Coveny
Posts: 93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 3:51:21 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/8/2017 3:35:27 AM, YYW wrote:

Hmmm. Offended, and defensive. So, you come on this site. I make a *funny* joke, and then you're a dick about it.

I let your being a dick go, sort of, but you still aren't allowed to spam or advertise.

lol

This is getting worse for you. Spam doesn't depend on the number of spam posts you make. You can make only one spam post, and here you have, by advertising your site, in violation of this site's terms of service.

I mean really... look at my post count. I've been here for a while.

You're not making friends, here. in fact, you're pissing people off by spamming this site with your advertisements which are unwelcome. Your asshole_defensiveness isn't helping your case either.

Well it didn't take long for you to show your true colors and start the name calling and cussing me when you couldn't bully me.

On the definition of Spam
Webster - unsolicited usually commercial e-mail sent to a large number of addresses
Oxford - Irrelevant or unsolicited messages sent over the Internet, typically to a large number of users, for the purposes of advertising, phishing, spreading malware, etc
Free dictionary - Unsolicited email, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk email.
Cambridge - e-mail that is sent to a lot of people, esp. e-mail that is not wanted:

You see not only am I creating a debate website, but I know how to debate, and this post isn't spam, you are wrong...
ForDebating.com is coming in February. A head to head debating website that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers who debate interesting and controversial topics. You can follow updates at https://www.facebook.com...

Feature comparison chart - https://docs.google.com...
Coveny
Posts: 93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 3:55:34 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/8/2017 3:37:24 AM, YYW wrote:
I mean at the end of the day, you got offended over the word "covfefe" ... which I don't even have a response to. That's very "sensitive". You're on snowflake level right now.

Then, you pitch a fit because I informed you that you are violating the TOS by spamming the site.

Tell me again why you think this is going to get people to YOUR site? It's not. If you're trying to sell a product, I'm not buying.

How did "That sounds vaguely insulting" turn into "offended" in your mind anyway? Show me where I "pitch a fit" about the ToS comment? I agreed with you that it broke the ToS... how is that a "fit"?

And while we are on the TOS you are breaking it by cussing me, so you are obviously a hypocrite...
ForDebating.com is coming in February. A head to head debating website that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers who debate interesting and controversial topics. You can follow updates at https://www.facebook.com...

Feature comparison chart - https://docs.google.com...
YYW
Posts: 43,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 4:00:48 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/8/2017 3:51:21 AM, Coveny wrote:
At 11/8/2017 3:35:27 AM, YYW wrote:

Hmmm. Offended, and defensive. So, you come on this site. I make a *funny* joke, and then you're a dick about it.

I let your being a dick go, sort of, but you still aren't allowed to spam or advertise.

lol

This is getting worse for you. Spam doesn't depend on the number of spam posts you make. You can make only one spam post, and here you have, by advertising your site, in violation of this site's terms of service.

I mean really... look at my post count. I've been here for a while.

You're not making friends, here. in fact, you're pissing people off by spamming this site with your advertisements which are unwelcome. Your asshole_defensiveness isn't helping your case either.

Well it didn't take long for you to show your true colors and start the name calling and cussing me when you couldn't bully me.

On the definition of Spam
Webster - unsolicited usually commercial e-mail sent to a large number of addresses
Oxford - Irrelevant or unsolicited messages sent over the Internet, typically to a large number of users, for the purposes of advertising, phishing, spreading malware, etc
Free dictionary - Unsolicited email, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk email.
Cambridge - e-mail that is sent to a lot of people, esp. e-mail that is not wanted:

You see not only am I creating a debate website, but I know how to debate, and this post isn't spam, you are wrong...

You're a moron.

I said that the number of posts you made was irrelevant. What matters in each of those definitions was the large number of people who saw the spam; not the number of actual communications you produced.

This is a board with thousands of unique viewers. You have accomplished the same thing as spamming thousands of emails with a single (and very poorly done) advertisement. Thus, it's spam.

Those are not the only definitions of spam, either, nor is the concept of "spam" one that lends itself to an inflexible meaning. So, your semantic game here is not only in vain, it's laughably stupid.

Let's explore why it's stupid, together:

Webster - unsolicited usually commercial e-mail sent to a large number of addresses

1. Unsolicited
2. Commercial
3. Email (a kind of electronic communication)
4. Sent to a large number of email addresses

Here, you're:

1. posting unsolicited content
2. of a commercial kind because it's advertisement
3. Electronic communication
4. to every one of the thousands of viewers of this board.

The "large number" part of that definition refers to the "reach" of your communication; not necessarily the number of communications prepared. Maybe you do have a lot of different communications, but in reality if you're spamming you're not taking the time to make individualized communications. You're sending the same shit_to thousands of people.

This distinction is made more clear by the Oxford definition, which we will now explore together:

Oxford - Irrelevant or unsolicited messages sent over the Internet, typically to a large number of users, for the purposes of advertising, phishing, spreading malware, etc

1. Irrelevant or unsolicited
2. Messages
3. Sent over the internet
4. Typically to a large number of users
5. for the purpose[] of advertising...

Here, you have

1. transmitted and caused to be posted an unsolicited and irrelevant
2. message on this forum
3. which is on the internet (read: a forum)
4. with a large number of regular viewers (NOTE: large viewers, NOT large number of communications)
5. For the purpose of advertising.

Conclusion: you're illiterate.

Free dictionary - Unsolicited email, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk email.
Cambridge - e-mail that is sent to a lot of people, esp. e-mail that is

Both of these focus on "the scope of the target audience" and not "the number of actual communications". So, I'm right and you're wrong, by your own terms.

You suck at debating. One wonders why you're making a debating website.

#epicfail
YYW
Posts: 43,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 4:02:24 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/8/2017 3:55:34 AM, Coveny wrote:
At 11/8/2017 3:37:24 AM, YYW wrote:
I mean at the end of the day, you got offended over the word "covfefe" ... which I don't even have a response to. That's very "sensitive". You're on snowflake level right now.

Then, you pitch a fit because I informed you that you are violating the TOS by spamming the site.

Tell me again why you think this is going to get people to YOUR site? It's not. If you're trying to sell a product, I'm not buying.

How did "That sounds vaguely insulting" turn into "offended" in your mind anyway? Show me where I "pitch a fit" about the ToS comment? I agreed with you that it broke the ToS... how is that a "fit"?

And while we are on the TOS you are breaking it by cussing me, so you are obviously a hypocrite...

FUCK_FUCK_FUCK_FUCK

idga_FUCK about your other stuff. The point is that you're spamming. You have now proven that you were spamming, and that you understand that you're spamming, unless you're illiterate.

(lol...)

Doesn't change the fact that you're spamming the forum.
SamStevens
Posts: 3,931
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 4:07:09 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/8/2017 4:00:48 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/8/2017 3:51:21 AM, Coveny wrote:
At 11/8/2017 3:35:27 AM, YYW wrote:

Hmmm. Offended, and defensive. So, you come on this site. I make a *funny* joke, and then you're a dick about it.

I let your being a dick go, sort of, but you still aren't allowed to spam or advertise.

lol

This is getting worse for you. Spam doesn't depend on the number of spam posts you make. You can make only one spam post, and here you have, by advertising your site, in violation of this site's terms of service.

I mean really... look at my post count. I've been here for a while.

You're not making friends, here. in fact, you're pissing people off by spamming this site with your advertisements which are unwelcome. Your asshole_defensiveness isn't helping your case either.

Well it didn't take long for you to show your true colors and start the name calling and cussing me when you couldn't bully me.

On the definition of Spam
Webster - unsolicited usually commercial e-mail sent to a large number of addresses
Oxford - Irrelevant or unsolicited messages sent over the Internet, typically to a large number of users, for the purposes of advertising, phishing, spreading malware, etc
Free dictionary - Unsolicited email, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk email.
Cambridge - e-mail that is sent to a lot of people, esp. e-mail that is not wanted:

You see not only am I creating a debate website, but I know how to debate, and this post isn't spam, you are wrong...

You're a moron.

I said that the number of posts you made was irrelevant. What matters in each of those definitions was the large number of people who saw the spam; not the number of actual communications you produced.

This is a board with thousands of unique viewers. You have accomplished the same thing as spamming thousands of emails with a single (and very poorly done) advertisement. Thus, it's spam.

Those are not the only definitions of spam, either, nor is the concept of "spam" one that lends itself to an inflexible meaning. So, your semantic game here is not only in vain, it's laughably stupid.

Let's explore why it's stupid, together:

Webster - unsolicited usually commercial e-mail sent to a large number of addresses

1. Unsolicited
2. Commercial
3. Email (a kind of electronic communication)
4. Sent to a large number of email addresses

Here, you're:

1. posting unsolicited content
2. of a commercial kind because it's advertisement
3. Electronic communication
4. to every one of the thousands of viewers of this board.

The "large number" part of that definition refers to the "reach" of your communication; not necessarily the number of communications prepared. Maybe you do have a lot of different communications, but in reality if you're spamming you're not taking the time to make individualized communications. You're sending the same shit_to thousands of people.

This distinction is made more clear by the Oxford definition, which we will now explore together:

Oxford - Irrelevant or unsolicited messages sent over the Internet, typically to a large number of users, for the purposes of advertising, phishing, spreading malware, etc

1. Irrelevant or unsolicited
2. Messages
3. Sent over the internet
4. Typically to a large number of users
5. for the purpose[] of advertising...

Here, you have

1. transmitted and caused to be posted an unsolicited and irrelevant
2. message on this forum
3. which is on the internet (read: a forum)
4. with a large number of regular viewers (NOTE: large viewers, NOT large number of communications)
5. For the purpose of advertising.

Conclusion: you're illiterate.

Free dictionary - Unsolicited email, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk email.
Cambridge - e-mail that is sent to a lot of people, esp. e-mail that is

Both of these focus on "the scope of the target audience" and not "the number of actual communications". So, I'm right and you're wrong, by your own terms.

You suck at debating. One wonders why you're making a debating website.

#epicfail
"Watermelons are racially insensitive" Skep

"A moment or two of serious self-scrutiny, and you might observe that you no more decide the next thought you think than the next thought I write." Sam Harris, free will
Coveny
Posts: 93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 4:11:47 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/8/2017 4:00:48 AM, YYW wrote:
You're a moron.

I said that the number of posts you made was irrelevant. What matters in each of those definitions was the large number of people who saw the spam; not the number of actual communications you produced.

This is a board with thousands of unique viewers. You have accomplished the same thing as spamming thousands of emails with a single (and very poorly done) advertisement. Thus, it's spam.

Those are not the only definitions of spam, either, nor is the concept of "spam" one that lends itself to an inflexible meaning. So, your semantic game here is not only in vain, it's laughably stupid.

Let's explore why it's stupid, together:

Webster - unsolicited usually commercial e-mail sent to a large number of addresses

1. Unsolicited
2. Commercial
3. Email (a kind of electronic communication)
4. Sent to a large number of email addresses

Here, you're:

1. posting unsolicited content
2. of a commercial kind because it's advertisement
3. Electronic communication
4. to every one of the thousands of viewers of this board.

The "large number" part of that definition refers to the "reach" of your communication; not necessarily the number of communications prepared. Maybe you do have a lot of different communications, but in reality if you're spamming you're not taking the time to make individualized communications. You're sending the same shit_to thousands of people.

This distinction is made more clear by the Oxford definition, which we will now explore together:

Oxford - Irrelevant or unsolicited messages sent over the Internet, typically to a large number of users, for the purposes of advertising, phishing, spreading malware, etc

1. Irrelevant or unsolicited
2. Messages
3. Sent over the internet
4. Typically to a large number of users
5. for the purpose[] of advertising...

Here, you have

1. transmitted and caused to be posted an unsolicited and irrelevant
2. message on this forum
3. which is on the internet (read: a forum)
4. with a large number of regular viewers (NOTE: large viewers, NOT large number of communications)
5. For the purpose of advertising.

Conclusion: you're illiterate.

Free dictionary - Unsolicited email, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk email.
Cambridge - e-mail that is sent to a lot of people, esp. e-mail that is

Both of these focus on "the scope of the target audience" and not "the number of actual communications". So, I'm right and you're wrong, by your own terms.

You suck at debating. One wonders why you're making a debating website.

#epicfail

http://donaldrobertson.name...

You seem to be having a really hard time with this concept. Let me try this another way to help you out so you understand the difference between contacting people individually and posting something in public.

Take a billboard on the side of the road, by your stance is "spam". An ad on TV is spam. An ad... anywhere by your "logic" is spam.

Is this the stance you want to take? Because that's where you are going with this, so you might want to take a second to think before you respond again...
ForDebating.com is coming in February. A head to head debating website that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers who debate interesting and controversial topics. You can follow updates at https://www.facebook.com...

Feature comparison chart - https://docs.google.com...
YYW
Posts: 43,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 4:13:06 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
Let's explore more definitions of spam, since the meaning of the word is something that the OP wants to litigate.

Urban Dictionary Tells us that spam is "The AIDS equivalent for the internet. No known cures." https://www.urbandictionary.com...

I like that definition. The OP is AIDS. However, there is a known cure: ban this mfer.

Wikipedia, however, is far more enlightening. Wikipedia provides that "spam" or "[s]pamming" refers to "unsolicited or undesired electronic messages". https://en.wikipedia.org...

So, there are some elements to that definition: (1) unsolicited or undesired, (2) electronic messages. Here, the OP was totally unsolicited because no one sought it out, and obviously undesired (check out the responses, lol) and it's an electronic message because it was posted on this board.

BUT, Wikipedia is even gracious enough to PROVIDE different meanings for DIFFERENT KINDS of spam: the email and non-email variety.

Of the EMAIL sort, Wikipedia explains that "Email spam" is "unsolicited, undesired, or illegal email messages". Well, we're not dealing with EMAIL spam here. Rather, we're dealing with some other kind of spam.

NON-EMAIL spam, however, refers to "[m]essaging spam, spam targeting users of instant messaging (IM) services, sms or private messages within websites". Ah, yes, that's what it looks like is taking place here, where the OP has TARGETED this website's users, with MESSAGES to advertise products. Spammy spam spam.

Conclusion: OP is bad at claiming he's not "spamming". This is such a stupid argument that it defies reason as to why he even started it.

SO....

1. OP comes on here and spams;
2. I lightheartedly make a "covfefe" joke;
3. OP gets butthurt;
4. I point out to butthurt OP that he's spamming which is violation of TOS;
5. OP is like "But you used naughty words! And I'm not spamming, b/c "definitions";
6. Definitions OP cites prove that he is spamming, and possibly illiterate; and
7. YYW wins the thread.

/endrant.
YYW
Posts: 43,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 4:14:56 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/8/2017 4:11:47 AM, Coveny wrote:
You seem to be having a really hard time with this concept. ..

Nah, you're just an idiot who doesn't know how to read. Transmitting unsolicited advertisements is spam, and you have lost this argument by your own definition.

Best bet: stop digging your hole deeper, unless you want me to continue, b/c arguing over the meaning of words is something I JUST FVCKING LOVE to do.

And you will lose, btw., just as you already have, in case you have not figured this out.
YYW
Posts: 43,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 4:21:27 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
Now, let's do something new:

We're going to GRADE the OP's spam. We know it's spam because it's an unsolicited advertisement he's communicated electronically by posting without invitation information as to one of DDO's competitors (or soon to be competitors) on DDO's forums.

But, the real question: is it *good* spam? No.

Good spam at least causes people to marginally consider the product being advertised. Here, no one gives a sh!t about the product because the only thing that matters in this thread is whether the OP has, in fact, spammed this site. He's spent 4x as much time and character space whining about how mean I am (that covfefe joke was brutal), and then whining about the definition of words (that he obviously doesn't understand).

But... HE'S NOT TALKING ABOUT HIS SITE! So... what is even going on here?

He'd rather fight with me over the meaning of the word "spam" than talk about his supposedly awesome new sight? Wut kind of spammer gets into a fight with the target audience? One that doesn't have a good marketing strategy, of course. But perhaps that's why he's spamming in the first place.

Grade: F
Coveny
Posts: 93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 4:23:15 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/8/2017 4:13:06 AM, YYW wrote:
NON-EMAIL spam, however, refers to "[m]essaging spam, spam targeting users of instant messaging (IM) services, sms or private messages within websites". Ah, yes, that's what it looks like is taking place here, where the OP has TARGETED this website's users, with MESSAGES to advertise products. Spammy spam spam.

Let's address what you consider your strongest point... wikipedia. (haha sorry had to laugh) So the "non-email" definition you posted lists private messages in reference to websites... So um thanks for proving my point that this post isn't Spam because I haven't PM'd anyone about the ForDebating.com...

Are you new to debating? There are some websites out there that can help you learn how to do it better...
ForDebating.com is coming in February. A head to head debating website that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers who debate interesting and controversial topics. You can follow updates at https://www.facebook.com...

Feature comparison chart - https://docs.google.com...
YYW
Posts: 43,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 4:23:18 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
What's most regretful here is that OP is not a pro-Putin spammer. Those are the guys I'd really like to talk to... much more fun.
Nd2400
Posts: 931
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 4:27:21 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/8/2017 4:21:27 AM, YYW wrote:
Now, let's do something new:

We're going to GRADE the OP's spam. We know it's spam because it's an unsolicited advertisement he's communicated electronically by posting without invitation information as to one of DDO's competitors (or soon to be competitors) on DDO's forums.

But, the real question: is it *good* spam? No.

Good spam at least causes people to marginally consider the product being advertised. Here, no one gives a sh!t about the product because the only thing that matters in this thread is whether the OP has, in fact, spammed this site. He's spent 4x as much time and character space whining about how mean I am (that covfefe joke was brutal), and then whining about the definition of words (that he obviously doesn't understand).

But... HE'S NOT TALKING ABOUT HIS SITE! So... what is even going on here?

He'd rather fight with me over the meaning of the word "spam" than talk about his supposedly awesome new sight? Wut kind of spammer gets into a fight with the target audience? One that doesn't have a good marketing strategy, of course. But perhaps that's why he's spamming in the first place.

Grade: F

So, YYW why don't debate? You show you can handle making fools of people.
I knew i ask this before, but i don't think i got a respond.
Coveny
Posts: 93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 4:29:13 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/8/2017 4:21:27 AM, YYW wrote:
Now, let's do something new:

We're going to GRADE the OP's spam. We know it's spam because it's an unsolicited advertisement he's communicated electronically by posting without invitation information as to one of DDO's competitors (or soon to be competitors) on DDO's forums.

But, the real question: is it *good* spam? No.

Good spam at least causes people to marginally consider the product being advertised. Here, no one gives a sh!t about the product because the only thing that matters in this thread is whether the OP has, in fact, spammed this site. He's spent 4x as much time and character space whining about how mean I am (that covfefe joke was brutal), and then whining about the definition of words (that he obviously doesn't understand).

But... HE'S NOT TALKING ABOUT HIS SITE! So... what is even going on here?

He'd rather fight with me over the meaning of the word "spam" than talk about his supposedly awesome new sight? Wut kind of spammer gets into a fight with the target audience? One that doesn't have a good marketing strategy, of course. But perhaps that's why he's spamming in the first place.

Grade: F

So I'm creating a debate website so I post and advertisement about that website, and then engage in a semantics debate rather than just going on and on about the website. It's almost like you are trying to prove yourself wrong in that I didn't spam, and complimented me that I enjoy debating more. it's almost like I'm getting a website built to debate on or something because I enjoy it so much... Ok man guilty, I like to debate you "got" me. Seriously?
ForDebating.com is coming in February. A head to head debating website that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers who debate interesting and controversial topics. You can follow updates at https://www.facebook.com...

Feature comparison chart - https://docs.google.com...