Total Posts:112|Showing Posts:91-112|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Coming in Feburary - ForDebating.com

Coveny
Posts: 91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2017 6:42:03 PM
Posted: 5 days ago
At 11/17/2017 2:21:59 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
It isn't about the ads it's about YYW's hypocrisy. Like Caesar's wife, to apportion blame you must be blameless yourself. YYW has a user name that is also a brand name and he should have known that.

Oh I thought that was directed at me, and I was wrong. As you were sir... as you were.
ForDebating.com is coming in February. A head to head debating website that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers who debate interesting and controversial topics. You can follow updates at https://www.facebook.com...

Feature comparison chart - https://docs.google.com...
YYW
Posts: 43,571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2017 6:54:29 PM
Posted: 5 days ago
At 11/17/2017 2:26:58 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 11/17/2017 12:44:07 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/16/2017 3:38:29 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 11/12/2017 12:38:11 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/12/2017 11:44:51 AM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 11/8/2017 5:24:13 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/8/2017 5:13:21 AM, Nd2400 wrote:
At 11/8/2017 5:08:31 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/8/2017 5:00:33 AM, Nd2400 wrote:
At 11/8/2017 4:50:47 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/8/2017 4:37:38 AM, Nd2400 wrote:
Yes, i could tell. I was meaning why not debate on the debate part, for win and lose records.

Clearly, you can't tell what I'm doing here. And the question of whether or not I'll debate him on whether he spammed the site or not, is different from the issue at hand that is "whether he spammed the site". Try to stay focused, here. OP clearly can't handle distractions.


I Clearly can tell what you are doing.
I was just asking on having debates where other people can vote for you or against you. That's all..

No, you don't, because if you did, you'd be realizing that I am accomplishing what I set out to accomplish by posting here in the forums. The fact that you suggest I "debate" the subject is proof that you think I "care" about the issue, which I don't.

Since you don't see what I'm doing -- sad, I though I was being transparent -- I'll explain it.

Here is what you should have noticed:

1. I'm being incredibly harsh, mean, condescending and hostile.

So, the person I'm talking to is the OP, not anyone else. While I know that all who read this with firing neurons in their head will conclude that I'm right and he is not, that's not what I care about. What I care about is the cost to him of spamming the site. My responses are that cost.

2. Persuasion has nothing to do with harshness, meanness, condescension, or hostility.

If I was trying to win people to my way of thinking, I'd have omitted all the harshness, meanness, condescension, and hostility because the invariable conclusion whether anyone is smart enough to see that I'm right nor not is that I'm being an @sshole. So, some people might feel sorry for this guy, but I don't care about that either. I would be worried about that if I was trying to win a debate. The fact that I am doing what I'm doing in the way that I'm doing it proves my intent is not to build alliances here.

3. Debating doesn't matter.

The technical win or loss doesn't matter to me. What I wanted was for the OP to "feel" something, and I caused him to feel what I wanted him to feel. I wanted him to "feel" like I'd knocked him off his feet, and I did. He's going to have reasons if I challenged him for why, for example, he took so long to respond to any of my posts; why he ignored every part of my proving him wrong; and why he's not engaged in 5 different logical fallacies throughout the whole course of this conversation.

I don't need the "affirmation" of a win against him, as determined by anyone on the site. That's not what I want, because I can't "prod" him like I am here in a debate. A debate ends, after all. A forum conversation does not.

Okay, point taken. That wasn't so hard was it. Now i know where you are coming from.

Bottom line is that this guy spammed the site. I made a joke about his username to deride what he did. Then, I derailed his thread. Then, I made him argue over whether or not he spammed the site, while I was spamming his thread to derail it -- which he was complicit in. So, I was moving the ball in the direction I wanted it to go.

I did that in a way that was unnecessarily harsh, extremely rude, and very demeaning. I wrote in that way to impose a cost to his making the OP. We call it "negative utility". It is very effective. He claims to be enjoying this, and he wants to make a big deal about how stupid he thinks he's making me look. That's foolish, as is obvious to anyone with eyes; very transparently a response that sufficiently indicates that I accomplished here what I set out to do.

Bottom line: I don't like seeing shit_like the OP on this site. We've had wannabe web designers spam DDO with their sh!t alt debate sites before, and I get tired of it. For example, in the past, we had some fucktard from debate island who was the site creator (bad site) who basically tried to defraud the community into thinking he was just some guy who liked the site and wanted to share it. I see this OP in the same light.

Truth be told, I could have done something else with my time. This wasn't productive. But, I enjoy it... probably to a point that I shouldn't admit. I also haven't had the chance to fvck with a spammer in a while. Sadly, the Russian bots don't reply.

Regarding your post #8. You quite reasonably upbraid a user for advertising on this site and I commend you. However it has come to my attention that you, yourself, are in constant and serious ( not to mention hypocritical ) violation of this rule. Perhaps you are unaware that your user name, YYW, is the same as an online lingerie shop featured on YouTube. Time for a change I think.

roflmao you're the stupidest person on this site, even worse than the OP

As you continue to advertise this shopping outlet I will continue to report you.

You are encouraged to seek psychological help... rofl

Only if you pay for it from your advertising salary.
Yet again I must report your advertising.

So you think I have an advertising salary? What delusion caused you to reach that opinion?
GrimlyF
Posts: 1,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2017 10:28:10 PM
Posted: 5 days ago
At 11/17/2017 6:54:29 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/17/2017 2:26:58 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 11/17/2017 12:44:07 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/16/2017 3:38:29 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 11/12/2017 12:38:11 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/12/2017 11:44:51 AM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 11/8/2017 5:24:13 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/8/2017 5:13:21 AM, Nd2400 wrote:
At 11/8/2017 5:08:31 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/8/2017 5:00:33 AM, Nd2400 wrote:
At 11/8/2017 4:50:47 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/8/2017 4:37:38 AM, Nd2400 wrote:
Yes, i could tell. I was meaning why not debate on the debate part, for win and lose records.

Clearly, you can't tell what I'm doing here. And the question of whether or not I'll debate him on whether he spammed the site or not, is different from the issue at hand that is "whether he spammed the site". Try to stay focused, here. OP clearly can't handle distractions.


I Clearly can tell what you are doing.
I was just asking on having debates where other people can vote for you or against you. That's all..

No, you don't, because if you did, you'd be realizing that I am accomplishing what I set out to accomplish by posting here in the forums. The fact that you suggest I "debate" the subject is proof that you think I "care" about the issue, which I don't.

Since you don't see what I'm doing -- sad, I though I was being transparent -- I'll explain it.

Here is what you should have noticed:

1. I'm being incredibly harsh, mean, condescending and hostile.

So, the person I'm talking to is the OP, not anyone else. While I know that all who read this with firing neurons in their head will conclude that I'm right and he is not, that's not what I care about. What I care about is the cost to him of spamming the site. My responses are that cost.

2. Persuasion has nothing to do with harshness, meanness, condescension, or hostility.

If I was trying to win people to my way of thinking, I'd have omitted all the harshness, meanness, condescension, and hostility because the invariable conclusion whether anyone is smart enough to see that I'm right nor not is that I'm being an @sshole. So, some people might feel sorry for this guy, but I don't care about that either. I would be worried about that if I was trying to win a debate. The fact that I am doing what I'm doing in the way that I'm doing it proves my intent is not to build alliances here.

3. Debating doesn't matter.

The technical win or loss doesn't matter to me. What I wanted was for the OP to "feel" something, and I caused him to feel what I wanted him to feel. I wanted him to "feel" like I'd knocked him off his feet, and I did. He's going to have reasons if I challenged him for why, for example, he took so long to respond to any of my posts; why he ignored every part of my proving him wrong; and why he's not engaged in 5 different logical fallacies throughout the whole course of this conversation.

I don't need the "affirmation" of a win against him, as determined by anyone on the site. That's not what I want, because I can't "prod" him like I am here in a debate. A debate ends, after all. A forum conversation does not.

Okay, point taken. That wasn't so hard was it. Now i know where you are coming from.

Bottom line is that this guy spammed the site. I made a joke about his username to deride what he did. Then, I derailed his thread. Then, I made him argue over whether or not he spammed the site, while I was spamming his thread to derail it -- which he was complicit in. So, I was moving the ball in the direction I wanted it to go.

I did that in a way that was unnecessarily harsh, extremely rude, and very demeaning. I wrote in that way to impose a cost to his making the OP. We call it "negative utility". It is very effective. He claims to be enjoying this, and he wants to make a big deal about how stupid he thinks he's making me look. That's foolish, as is obvious to anyone with eyes; very transparently a response that sufficiently indicates that I accomplished here what I set out to do.

Bottom line: I don't like seeing shit_like the OP on this site. We've had wannabe web designers spam DDO with their sh!t alt debate sites before, and I get tired of it. For example, in the past, we had some fucktard from debate island who was the site creator (bad site) who basically tried to defraud the community into thinking he was just some guy who liked the site and wanted to share it. I see this OP in the same light.

Truth be told, I could have done something else with my time. This wasn't productive. But, I enjoy it... probably to a point that I shouldn't admit. I also haven't had the chance to fvck with a spammer in a while. Sadly, the Russian bots don't reply.

Regarding your post #8. You quite reasonably upbraid a user for advertising on this site and I commend you. However it has come to my attention that you, yourself, are in constant and serious ( not to mention hypocritical ) violation of this rule. Perhaps you are unaware that your user name, YYW, is the same as an online lingerie shop featured on YouTube. Time for a change I think.

roflmao you're the stupidest person on this site, even worse than the OP

As you continue to advertise this shopping outlet I will continue to report you.

You are encouraged to seek psychological help... rofl

Only if you pay for it from your advertising salary.
Yet again I must report your advertising.

So you think I have an advertising salary? What delusion caused you to reach that opinion?

All sniping aside what should users do if they see a name like "Walmart" or "J.C.Penny" or "Woolworths" or any other recognisable brand name?. I didn't track down your username, a lady friend of mine asked what I did on these debate sites and asked what a woman's clothes store had to debate about when she saw your name. That was 5wks ago and I forgot until I saw your treatment of Coveny and thought I'd have a little laff. As it is becoming tedious I shall report you once more directly to Juggle and call it a day.
YYW
Posts: 43,571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2017 10:41:38 PM
Posted: 4 days ago
At 11/17/2017 10:28:10 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
All sniping aside what should users do if they see a name like "Walmart" or "J.C.Penny" or "Woolworths" or any other recognisable brand name?. I didn't track down your username, a lady friend of mine asked what I did on these debate sites and asked what a woman's clothes store had to debate about when she saw your name. That was 5wks ago and I forgot until I saw your treatment of Coveny and thought I'd have a little laff. As it is becoming tedious I shall report you once more directly to Juggle and call it a day.

Seek psychological help.
TUF
Posts: 23,108
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2017 10:46:03 PM
Posted: 4 days ago
At 11/17/2017 2:34:08 AM, Coveny wrote:
At 11/16/2017 3:38:29 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
As you continue to advertise this shopping outlet I will continue to report you.

I'm curious what you think that will accomplish? I have post one advertisement (possibly two depending on if you count the one I bitched in) and this site is FULL of ads/spam.

Can we be real for a minute here? Reporting anyone repeatedly is hurting the situation not helping it. Reports should be saved for the very worst offenders simply because there are only a few mods and 100s of thousands of users. By a lesser evil you just waste what time is allotted by the mods to clean up the site. Obviously from ALL the stuff on here about DI the mods aren't going to do anything about lightweight advertising, so you are just making their lives tougher.

But hey thanks for bumping this back up to the top, I didn't have a reason to respond to this thread in a couple of days...

Coveny, I think you are missing the sarcasm here.
We all go a little mad sometimes.
GrimlyF
Posts: 1,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2017 10:48:50 PM
Posted: 4 days ago
At 11/17/2017 10:41:38 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/17/2017 10:28:10 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
All sniping aside what should users do if they see a name like "Walmart" or "J.C.Penny" or "Woolworths" or any other recognisable brand name?. I didn't track down your username, a lady friend of mine asked what I did on these debate sites and asked what a woman's clothes store had to debate about when she saw your name. That was 5wks ago and I forgot until I saw your treatment of Coveny and thought I'd have a little laff. As it is becoming tedious I shall report you once more directly to Juggle and call it a day.

Seek psychological help.

Seek a new user name.
YYW
Posts: 43,571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2017 11:06:07 PM
Posted: 4 days ago
At 11/17/2017 10:48:50 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 11/17/2017 10:41:38 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/17/2017 10:28:10 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
All sniping aside what should users do if they see a name like "Walmart" or "J.C.Penny" or "Woolworths" or any other recognisable brand name?. I didn't track down your username, a lady friend of mine asked what I did on these debate sites and asked what a woman's clothes store had to debate about when she saw your name. That was 5wks ago and I forgot until I saw your treatment of Coveny and thought I'd have a little laff. As it is becoming tedious I shall report you once more directly to Juggle and call it a day.

Seek psychological help.

Seek a new user name.

I literally don't give a single_fvck. Coveny's spamming thread was out of line and you, in engaging in this persistent stupidity, are contributing to the decline of the site. Not only are you factually incorrect as to the nature of my username, but you knew you were incorrect by implying in a prior post that I didn't even know what this so-called women's clothing store was.

The fact that you think that there is some similarity between my name, and this "women's clothing store" does not mean, either, that Coveny should be able to spam this site with advertisements for a product he in all likelihood lacks the talent or ability to produce. So, you're not only bad at counter-trolling, but the only thing your stupidity does is encourage Coveny to spam this site.

Is that your goal? To encourage more and more spam? More to the point, why are you even on this site? A cursory review of your profile reveals a conspicuous absence of anything meaningful in the way of contributions. Consider why you are here, and whether this is a use of your time worth making. While you're undertaking that consideration, consider as well what the probable result of your actions would be.

Are you so inept that you do not realize that your decisions in this thread have ENCOURAGED Coveny to spam the site? Do you fail to recognize what spam is, like Coveny? The argument he was making was so stupid that it defied explanation. The argument you're making parallels his. Get off this site.
TUF
Posts: 23,108
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2017 12:32:11 AM
Posted: 4 days ago
At 11/17/2017 11:06:07 PM, YYW wrote:
The fact that you think that there is some similarity between my name, and this "women's clothing store" does not mean, either, that Coveny should be able to spam this site with advertisements for a product he in all likelihood lacks the talent or ability to produce.

Not to take a position against you or take a stance on the drama (I honestly don't care all that much whose feelings are more validated) but I will say I've looked at Coveny's developer website, and I think it looks pretty good. I think he has the talent to make something of it. I think you are more focused on the "advertising" bit more than anything, but whether or not I would personally spend an extraneous amount of time on a debating site besides DDO aside, I think he has a good chance at being successful with it, at least more successful than edb8.
We all go a little mad sometimes.
Coveny
Posts: 91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2017 1:35:09 AM
Posted: 4 days ago
At 11/17/2017 10:46:03 PM, TUF wrote:
At 11/17/2017 2:34:08 AM, Coveny wrote:
At 11/16/2017 3:38:29 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
As you continue to advertise this shopping outlet I will continue to report you.

I'm curious what you think that will accomplish? I have post one advertisement (possibly two depending on if you count the one I bitched in) and this site is FULL of ads/spam.

Can we be real for a minute here? Reporting anyone repeatedly is hurting the situation not helping it. Reports should be saved for the very worst offenders simply because there are only a few mods and 100s of thousands of users. By a lesser evil you just waste what time is allotted by the mods to clean up the site. Obviously from ALL the stuff on here about DI the mods aren't going to do anything about lightweight advertising, so you are just making their lives tougher.

But hey thanks for bumping this back up to the top, I didn't have a reason to respond to this thread in a couple of days...

Coveny, I think you are missing the sarcasm here.

GrimlyF was actually directing it at YYW not me, and I admitted taking it wrong.
ForDebating.com is coming in February. A head to head debating website that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers who debate interesting and controversial topics. You can follow updates at https://www.facebook.com...

Feature comparison chart - https://docs.google.com...
Coveny
Posts: 91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2017 1:46:27 AM
Posted: 4 days ago
At 11/17/2017 11:06:07 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/17/2017 10:48:50 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 11/17/2017 10:41:38 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/17/2017 10:28:10 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
All sniping aside what should users do if they see a name like "Walmart" or "J.C.Penny" or "Woolworths" or any other recognisable brand name?. I didn't track down your username, a lady friend of mine asked what I did on these debate sites and asked what a woman's clothes store had to debate about when she saw your name. That was 5wks ago and I forgot until I saw your treatment of Coveny and thought I'd have a little laff. As it is becoming tedious I shall report you once more directly to Juggle and call it a day.

Seek psychological help.

Seek a new user name.

I literally don't give a single_fvck. Coveny's spamming thread was out of line and you, in engaging in this persistent stupidity, are contributing to the decline of the site. Not only are you factually incorrect as to the nature of my username, but you knew you were incorrect by implying in a prior post that I didn't even know what this so-called women's clothing store was.

The fact that you think that there is some similarity between my name, and this "women's clothing store" does not mean, either, that Coveny should be able to spam this site with advertisements for a product he in all likelihood lacks the talent or ability to produce. So, you're not only bad at counter-trolling, but the only thing your stupidity does is encourage Coveny to spam this site.

Is that your goal? To encourage more and more spam? More to the point, why are you even on this site? A cursory review of your profile reveals a conspicuous absence of anything meaningful in the way of contributions. Consider why you are here, and whether this is a use of your time worth making. While you're undertaking that consideration, consider as well what the probable result of your actions would be.

Are you so inept that you do not realize that your decisions in this thread have ENCOURAGED Coveny to spam the site? Do you fail to recognize what spam is, like Coveny? The argument he was making was so stupid that it defied explanation. The argument you're making parallels his. Get off this site.

Don't start back with the spam thing. I posted ONCE, and never sent in PMs, SMS, or instant messages to anyone directly. I have freely admitted this was advertising, but it's not spam per any definition that you've produced. You obviously don't recognize spam, and given that earlier in this thread you wrote you wouldn't stop unless I asked for mercy, then when I didn't you ran away. I guess now you feel like you've found someone else to pick on and you think you can do it in my thread, after I made you run away. You sure you want me to hurt you feeling again? It took you like a week to get brave enough to respond to my thread again...

Secondly, why would you think I'm the one developing the website? Just because I work in IT doesn't mean I know how to program. I'm paying ePixal to develop FD. So money is what would stop FD from happening, but my ability to code makes no difference to the equation.

Lastly your hypocrisy knows no bounds. You lecture him about him wasting time while you break the same ToS you attempt to crucify me for breaking, and act like it's justified. Now you want to lecture someone who isn't breaking the ToS like you. Reap what you sow... reap... what... you... sow.
ForDebating.com is coming in February. A head to head debating website that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers who debate interesting and controversial topics. You can follow updates at https://www.facebook.com...

Feature comparison chart - https://docs.google.com...
Coveny
Posts: 91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2017 1:53:28 AM
Posted: 4 days ago
At 11/18/2017 12:32:11 AM, TUF wrote:
At 11/17/2017 11:06:07 PM, YYW wrote:
The fact that you think that there is some similarity between my name, and this "women's clothing store" does not mean, either, that Coveny should be able to spam this site with advertisements for a product he in all likelihood lacks the talent or ability to produce.

Not to take a position against you or take a stance on the drama (I honestly don't care all that much whose feelings are more validated) but I will say I've looked at Coveny's developer website, and I think it looks pretty good. I think he has the talent to make something of it. I think you are more focused on the "advertising" bit more than anything, but whether or not I would personally spend an extraneous amount of time on a debating site besides DDO aside, I think he has a good chance at being successful with it, at least more successful than edb8.

Thanks for that. It's strange Lars contacted me on facebook/fordebating and we've been discussing the website. He's even offered to help out. It's strange talking to someone who runs a website that is for the most part a direct competitor and being friendly about it. Of course he told me his budget for hosting is $5 a month so I'm not sure he could support a larger user base than the 1k of people he has. Lars even when so far as to copy my comparison chart and add his website, and we've discussed the various points. Again very strange, but very nice conversation as he's like the only person who's discussed the math of the elo calculations with me. (he disagrees with my method though) Here is a link to his comparison chart if you're interested:

https://docs.google.com...
ForDebating.com is coming in February. A head to head debating website that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers who debate interesting and controversial topics. You can follow updates at https://www.facebook.com...

Feature comparison chart - https://docs.google.com...
airmax1227
Posts: 13,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2017 2:16:29 AM
Posted: 4 days ago
At 11/17/2017 2:26:58 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 11/17/2017 12:44:07 AM, YYW wrote:

Yet again I must report your advertising.

You've reported his account 4 times now, and I've ignored it 4 times now. Please stop. While YYW's account does happen to unintentionally share a name with another business, I am not going to ban him for advertising. By the logic that YYW is advertising due to similarity of name, I would have to ban myself for being some kind of Nike Ad spammer. In any case, please stop reporting YYW's account.
Debate.org Moderator
TUF
Posts: 23,108
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2017 3:35:42 AM
Posted: 4 days ago
At 11/18/2017 1:53:28 AM, Coveny wrote:
At 11/18/2017 12:32:11 AM, TUF wrote:
At 11/17/2017 11:06:07 PM, YYW wrote:
The fact that you think that there is some similarity between my name, and this "women's clothing store" does not mean, either, that Coveny should be able to spam this site with advertisements for a product he in all likelihood lacks the talent or ability to produce.

Not to take a position against you or take a stance on the drama (I honestly don't care all that much whose feelings are more validated) but I will say I've looked at Coveny's developer website, and I think it looks pretty good. I think he has the talent to make something of it. I think you are more focused on the "advertising" bit more than anything, but whether or not I would personally spend an extraneous amount of time on a debating site besides DDO aside, I think he has a good chance at being successful with it, at least more successful than edb8.

Thanks for that. It's strange Lars contacted me on facebook/fordebating and we've been discussing the website. He's even offered to help out. It's strange talking to someone who runs a website that is for the most part a direct competitor and being friendly about it. Of course he told me his budget for hosting is $5 a month so I'm not sure he could support a larger user base than the 1k of people he has. Lars even when so far as to copy my comparison chart and add his website, and we've discussed the various points. Again very strange, but very nice conversation as he's like the only person who's discussed the math of the elo calculations with me. (he disagrees with my method though) Here is a link to his comparison chart if you're interested:

https://docs.google.com...

Larz is definitely a nice guy, I consider him a friend.
We all go a little mad sometimes.
Coveny
Posts: 91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2017 3:57:58 AM
Posted: 4 days ago
So I've created a bunch of screen shots thus far, but after the accusation that FD was never going to happen I decided to give everyone a first look at where it is right now. (It's still in development and estimated to not going to go live till Feb)

As always let me know what you think and if you have any questions. Fire away.

https://youtu.be...
ForDebating.com is coming in February. A head to head debating website that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers who debate interesting and controversial topics. You can follow updates at https://www.facebook.com...

Feature comparison chart - https://docs.google.com...
Coveny
Posts: 91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2017 4:00:04 AM
Posted: 4 days ago
At 11/18/2017 3:57:58 AM, Coveny wrote:
So I've created a bunch of screen shots thus far, but after the accusation that FD was never going to happen I decided to give everyone a first look at where it is right now. (It's still in development and estimated to not going to go live till Feb)

As always let me know what you think and if you have any questions. Fire away.

https://youtu.be...

Oh and follow me on youtube while you are there.

As well as you can get on the tournament event email here - https://www.facebook.com...
ForDebating.com is coming in February. A head to head debating website that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers who debate interesting and controversial topics. You can follow updates at https://www.facebook.com...

Feature comparison chart - https://docs.google.com...
Coveny
Posts: 91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2017 4:00:55 AM
Posted: 4 days ago
At 11/18/2017 3:35:42 AM, TUF wrote:
At 11/18/2017 1:53:28 AM, Coveny wrote:
At 11/18/2017 12:32:11 AM, TUF wrote:
At 11/17/2017 11:06:07 PM, YYW wrote:
The fact that you think that there is some similarity between my name, and this "women's clothing store" does not mean, either, that Coveny should be able to spam this site with advertisements for a product he in all likelihood lacks the talent or ability to produce.

Not to take a position against you or take a stance on the drama (I honestly don't care all that much whose feelings are more validated) but I will say I've looked at Coveny's developer website, and I think it looks pretty good. I think he has the talent to make something of it. I think you are more focused on the "advertising" bit more than anything, but whether or not I would personally spend an extraneous amount of time on a debating site besides DDO aside, I think he has a good chance at being successful with it, at least more successful than edb8.

Thanks for that. It's strange Lars contacted me on facebook/fordebating and we've been discussing the website. He's even offered to help out. It's strange talking to someone who runs a website that is for the most part a direct competitor and being friendly about it. Of course he told me his budget for hosting is $5 a month so I'm not sure he could support a larger user base than the 1k of people he has. Lars even when so far as to copy my comparison chart and add his website, and we've discussed the various points. Again very strange, but very nice conversation as he's like the only person who's discussed the math of the elo calculations with me. (he disagrees with my method though) Here is a link to his comparison chart if you're interested:

https://docs.google.com...

Larz is definitely a nice guy, I consider him a friend.

Well he's a lot more laid back about FD than I expected him to be...
ForDebating.com is coming in February. A head to head debating website that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers who debate interesting and controversial topics. You can follow updates at https://www.facebook.com...

Feature comparison chart - https://docs.google.com...
GrimlyF
Posts: 1,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2017 8:51:35 AM
Posted: 4 days ago
At 11/18/2017 2:16:29 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 11/17/2017 2:26:58 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 11/17/2017 12:44:07 AM, YYW wrote:

Yet again I must report your advertising.

You've reported his account 4 times now, and I've ignored it 4 times now. Please stop. While YYW's account does happen to unintentionally share a name with another business, I am not going to ban him for advertising. By the logic that YYW is advertising due to similarity of name, I would have to ban myself for being some kind of Nike Ad spammer. In any case, please stop reporting YYW's account.

Well, as it's you asking, I will leave off the little crybaby. If he had explained his user name to me in the first place instead of accusing me of mental impairment I would have taken pity on the boy. I never wanted the idiot banned but his " holier than thou " attitude irritated me.
GrimlyF
Posts: 1,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2017 8:55:31 AM
Posted: 4 days ago
At 11/17/2017 11:06:07 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/17/2017 10:48:50 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 11/17/2017 10:41:38 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/17/2017 10:28:10 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
All sniping aside what should users do if they see a name like "Walmart" or "J.C.Penny" or "Woolworths" or any other recognisable brand name?. I didn't track down your username, a lady friend of mine asked what I did on these debate sites and asked what a woman's clothes store had to debate about when she saw your name. That was 5wks ago and I forgot until I saw your treatment of Coveny and thought I'd have a little laff. As it is becoming tedious I shall report you once more directly to Juggle and call it a day.

Seek psychological help.

Seek a new user name.

I literally don't give a single_fvck. Coveny's spamming thread was out of line and you, in engaging in this persistent stupidity, are contributing to the decline of the site. Not only are you factually incorrect as to the nature of my username, but you knew you were incorrect by implying in a prior post that I didn't even know what this so-called women's clothing store was.

The fact that you think that there is some similarity between my name, and this "women's clothing store" does not mean, either, that Coveny should be able to spam this site with advertisements for a product he in all likelihood lacks the talent or ability to produce. So, you're not only bad at counter-trolling, but the only thing your stupidity does is encourage Coveny to spam this site.

Is that your goal? To encourage more and more spam? More to the point, why are you even on this site? A cursory review of your profile reveals a conspicuous absence of anything meaningful in the way of contributions. Consider why you are here, and whether this is a use of your time worth making. While you're undertaking that consideration, consider as well what the probable result of your actions would be.

Are you so inept that you do not realize that your decisions in this thread have ENCOURAGED Coveny to spam the site? Do you fail to recognize what spam is, like Coveny? The argument he was making was so stupid that it defied explanation. The argument you're making parallels his. Get off this site.

It's okay, your big mate has asked me to leave you alone.
P.S.: I don't take advice from idiots.
Coveny
Posts: 91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2017 6:23:30 PM
Posted: 4 days ago
At 11/18/2017 8:55:31 AM, GrimlyF wrote:

It's okay, your big mate has asked me to leave you alone.
P.S.: I don't take advice from idiots.

To be fair I don't think Airmax was defending YYWs actions so much as saying that he's really busy and doesn't wants to spend his time clearing spam from the website.

P.S. But don't they LOVE to give unrequested advice? ROFL
ForDebating.com is coming in February. A head to head debating website that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers who debate interesting and controversial topics. You can follow updates at https://www.facebook.com...

Feature comparison chart - https://docs.google.com...
GrimlyF
Posts: 1,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2017 6:55:42 PM
Posted: 4 days ago
At 11/18/2017 6:23:30 PM, Coveny wrote:
At 11/18/2017 8:55:31 AM, GrimlyF wrote:

It's okay, your big mate has asked me to leave you alone.
P.S.: I don't take advice from idiots.

To be fair I don't think Airmax was defending YYWs actions so much as saying that he's really busy and doesn't wants to spend his time clearing spam from the website.


P.S. But don't they LOVE to give unrequested advice? ROFL

I agree with you regarding Sneakers, he isn't such a bad egg. Regarding YYW, when I see an over-puffed, non-entity giving out unwanted instructions in the guise of "advice" I can't help but prick them to let out some hot air and bombast.
You should open your "messages". See you around.
Coveny
Posts: 91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2017 8:20:48 PM
Posted: 4 days ago
At 11/18/2017 6:55:42 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
I agree with you regarding Sneakers, he isn't such a bad egg. Regarding YYW, when I see an over-puffed, non-entity giving out unwanted instructions in the guise of "advice" I can't help but prick them to let out some hot air and bombast.
You should open your "messages". See you around.

At the end of the day I think YYW might just be taking his frustration at DDO out on me, it's all cool though I have big shoulders, and viewed the situations similar to the way you did.

Checking messages now.
ForDebating.com is coming in February. A head to head debating website that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers who debate interesting and controversial topics. You can follow updates at https://www.facebook.com...

Feature comparison chart - https://docs.google.com...
Coveny
Posts: 91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2017 3:28:03 AM
Posted: 2 days ago
Got several complaints about the video not having sound, and the screen being small on mobile devices. Here is an updated version. If you use a mobile device please tell me if you can see what I'm doing on there now or not.

https://youtu.be...
ForDebating.com is coming in February. A head to head debating website that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers who debate interesting and controversial topics. You can follow updates at https://www.facebook.com...

Feature comparison chart - https://docs.google.com...