Jump to topic:

RFD: Mikal v. Coveny (Coveny Trial)

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2017 3:29:24 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
The resolution is whether Coveny's recent behavior would be a net detriment on his bs new website called [redacted by the DDO Elite]. In order to win, Mikal had to prove that Coveny's behavior would be a net detriment to Coveny's new website, [redacted by the DDO Elite]. On the other hand, in order for Coveny to win, he had to prove that his behavior would NOT be a net detriment to [redacted by the DDO Elite]. As a point of clarification, coveny's website [redacted by the DDO Elite] is not in existence and likely never will because he lacks the technical skill to launch [redacted by the DDO Elite]. Since this is an opt-in voting debate, and [redacted by the DDO Elite] is a [redacted by the DDO Elite] who [redacted by the DDO Elite] his own [redacted by the DDO Elite], this debate's RFD will conform to the standards of voting moderation and will specifically consider each and every one of the arguments raised.

Off the bat, Coveny incorrectly states and therefore demonstrates his failure to understand his Burden of proof. Coveny claims that Mikal needs to prove (1) loss, (2) that Coveny is wrong, (2) detriment. This is false, unclear, ambiguous, and misleading. The burden of proof is defined by the resolution, within which these elements are not found. To the extent that covney argues otherwise, he is engaged in abuse by attempting to SHIFT the burden FROM what was defined by the resolution to this new and unaccounted for burden which he invented from thin air. For this burden-shifting abuse, Coveny has already lost the conduct point.

Coveny then proceeds to cite irrelevant sources, including but not limited to a Mail List, Youtube, and his 35 friend Facebook page as well as a so-called "micro-influencer" who is [redacted by the DDO Elite]. These sources are irrelevant because they refer to the things that coveney might lose if his behavior is harmful to his new "site", and NOT whether his behavior is in fact a net detriment to his new site. For this reason, Coveney loses source points because he cited irrelevant sources. To the extent that he cites irrelevant sources and makes irrelevant points, he is engaged in abusive argumentation and further loses conduct points.

Coveney finally addresses his behavior, which is the actual subject at issue. This is the first topical argument he has made and therefore the only argument which Mikal need respond to. Specifically, Coveney argues that he (a) only focused on TUF, (b) that TUF claimed that Coveney "lied, manipulated... etc.", (c) that Coveney is against lying, (d) that TUF is a moderator on DDO, (e) Coveney is not the site's owner, and (f) that TUF continued to troll. A is false, B is true but miselading, C is unverifiable but dubious in light of how misleading B is, D is false, E is true, and F is false but debatable. This is not, however, a warrant for any argument that Coveny's behavior is NOT a net detriment to his new site. So, Coveney's argument is little more than rant about how other people are to blame for his personal choices. Coveny's argument falls on its face. Coveney failed to specifically cite examples of TUF's alleged behavior as well, further justifying penalizing him for sourcing. Here, he needed but lacked sources.

Coveney proceeded to spazz all over the debate. This isn't a debate, however, from Coveney's perspective. It's more like the ravings of some autistic person who does not know how to form complete sentences. Examples of this include the universe of everything else Coveny posted. Specifically, "controversial behavior helps" when he starts talking about "bad press", and "Borat" and "books" and "Trump" and some "controversial business model" and "Jerry Springer", "Alex Jones",and the list goes on. This is a disaster.

Mikal correctly states that "We can dismiss most everything in his last round as 90 percent of it is incoherent rambling that literally misrepresents or has nothing to do with the topic at all. Also, Tuf is not a moderator in any capacity, so that whole spiel is also non-topical. I'm going to offer arguments during this round and rebuttals to his previous round during my next round." Mikal has already won the debate with this sentence alone. However, his arguments further illustrate the extent of why Mikal won.

In particular, Mikal argued that "The Role of a Figure Head and how you can damage a brand" and then explained how Coveny in such a capacity has done exactly that. Mikal further correctly states "Coveny's Recent Behavior is in direct contrast to how someone should operate as a figurehead. In his case as an owner or moderator of his new website. His behavior will be viewed poorly and will directly impact how people see his site or even him as a person." Mikal provides examples when he says "He has referred to members as diks [1] liars [2] and generally classified a specific member as a horrible horrible person [1][2]. This is even after that member apologized[3][4] for his behavior in a mafia game (he baited and lied to win, go figure it's normal behavior but Coveny does not think so). He has referred to other members as shtty human beings, liars, being stupid and unintelligent [5][6]. "

And most importantly, Mikal provides specific sources where coveney did not for his claims against Coveney. Mikal therefore must win sources and Coveney must lose them. Mikal's arguments were direct and topical, and therefore he must win conduct by not engaging in abusive argumentation by shifting the burden on his opponent without notice.

Subsequent rounds continued to be an unmitigated disaster for Coveney who failed in all respects to rebut even a single claim Mikal made, and mostly talked past Mikal while indulging in irrelevancies and other stupidity. Mikal in the next round specifically pointed out how Coveney's bullshitnothing to lose argument was infactbullshit; that coveney's bullshitexcuse for blaming other people was in fact bullshitand totally Coveney's fault if not irrelevant; how the figure head argument was a non<x>starter; and rebutted the yet more idiotic claim that all coverage is good coverage. Mikal further TROUNCED coveney by claiming, CORRECTLY YET AGAIN, that "Coveny has yet to make an argument! This BOP is split to where he must show his behavior will benefit the site, or at least negate my points to show how it would have 0 impacts on the site at all. Even if his argument was true (it's not for reasons I can't cover in this character limit), he has yet to establish a connection to how *his* negative behavior will be good for *his* site. Just because Alex Jones makes a bunch of money off Hillbilly retards with his mindless ranting, does not mean his tactics will work for *your* website. Coveny needs to show a direct correlation between his behavior" and how that will not hurt that "site". That may as well have been an RFD in itself.

Mikal wins, Coveney loses. Mikal gets all the points for all the reasons I have said above, and Coveney gets exactly zero.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2017 3:33:17 AM
Grammar to Mikal because Mikal unlike Coveney maintained better sentence structure, argumentative structure, formatting, and other relevant points of consideration consistent with the requirements of modern English usage whereas Coveny did not. There was a noticeable difference, and while I am loathe to award 7 point wins or losses, this is an exceptional case and as such exceptional voting mechanisms are required. Others are free to disagree with me, but to the extent that they do, they are objectively wrong.
tenyearsoflight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2017 6:32:15 AM
At 12/24/2017 6:12:00 AM, Lynx_N wrote:
At 12/24/2017 6:04:53 AM, tenyearsoflight wrote:
Could someone PLEASE link to this debate?

Here, http://www.debate.org...

hahahahaha

That is the dumbest debate ever... Coveney didn't even debate he just had a seizure on the site
#snowflake
Coveny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2017 8:28:21 PM
At 12/24/2017 6:32:15 AM, tenyearsoflight wrote:

hahahahaha

That is the dumbest debate ever... Coveney didn't even debate he just had a seizure on the site

It's really not that tough of a name to spell, but if you can't spell it just call me Cov mkay?
ForDebating.com is online in beta now. (Additional functionality is still in development by ePixal)

A 1v1 and 2v2 debating website that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers who debate interesting and controversial topics.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com...
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com...
Comparison chart - https://docs.google.com...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2017 4:26:58 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
Since it was indicated that I did not specifically address the reasons why Coveney fails to deserve to lose spelling and grammar, and because Whiteflame is an idiot, let us now take this moment to reflect together on the inadequacies of Coveny's spelling and grammar in elaborate detail:

In round 1, Coveney posted the following:

"4k characters?!?!"

Exclamation points do not properly follow question marks.

Fackbook

It is spelled "Facebook" as the name suggests.

2A) I focused on Tuf
2B) Per Tuf "I lied and manipulated you in a game about lying and manipulation?" "Because it is a working technique."
2C) I"m against lying, manipulation, and trolling
2D) Tuf is a moderator for DDO
2E) I am not this site's owner
2E) Tuf continued after the game (Troll)

Note inconsistent and improper use of punctuation throughout.

Ya

Not a word.

3B) bad press

Failure to capitalize.

"There is no such thing as bad publicity" R13; Brendan Behan

Absence of a period.

"a savvy marketing ploy"

Fragment, failure to capitalize, absence of a period.

Ya that didn"t work, but hey it was polite. Mikal ignored me, but now engages to spread the FD work, proving that my technique" how did Tuf put it? "is a working technique."

"Ya" is not a word, the sentence it was used in is not properly structured. Improper use of word "engages". Improper use of "FD" (whatever that means", failure to capitalize "How" when at the start of a new sentence. Failure to capitalize "is" at start of sentence. "Is a working sentence" is a fragment, not a sentence.

""better advertising ... than any ... ad would ever be.""

Failure to capitalize at start of sentence.

His "positive vibe" didn"t get him off his a$$, a fight did.

"a$$" is not a word.

Don"t get me wrong, I, like you, ignore most advertising.

Improper comma usage.

....and this was just Round 1.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2017 4:29:17 AM
Contrast Coveney's Rd. 1 performance with Mikal, who had one spelling/grammar error throughout, in the form of a failure to include a period at the end of a sentence.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2017 4:39:06 AM
Now, moving on to Round 2:

The topic is "Covenys .. behavior " DETRIMENT "ForDebating.Com"

Failure to include an apostrophe to indicate that behavior is possessive. Improper capitalization. Improper use of punctuation when quoting. Improper capitalization of "com".

The authority of this site lists Tuf as the president, a figurehead of DDO, and Tuf is going to be a Mod on FD.

Improper capitalization of TUF. Run on sentence.

Pro doesn"t see Tuf"s actions of starting this (and continuing after the game was over) in a negative light and even says "Tufs behavior " with Coveny is a non-factor in this debate.". "

Improper use of punctuation, capitalization, lack of an apostrophe in second appearance of "T[UF]", and improper punctuation following quote.

Proving that he doesn"t hold Tuf (figurehead) to this imaginary standard that he says "everyone" follows but me.

Improper word usage, capitalization, use of parenthesis.

...A$$, pro"s whole argument is that I"m not advertising the way he thinks I should.

"A$$" is not a word.

Howard Stern did get fired like Pro portrays as "store managers", and now instead of the owners of that company making a portion of the millions a year Stern makes, they have their fantasy about how advertising should work, rather money.

Run on sentence.

Tuf has agreed to be a moderator on FD, this has not changed, and I have since asked Tuf"s opinion about a game I am creating for the forums on FD, and here is his response...

Yet another run on sentence.

chick-fil-a

Failure to capitalize a proper noun.

In closing.

Fragment.

I did not want to go this route, I would have loved months ago to have a warm welcome and be told that what I was creating was really needed because a fully functional debate website that is always available is something everyone wanted.

Run on sentence.

Same round, Mikal has no spelling errors and but one run on sentence.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2017 4:42:10 AM
Added failures here on Coveny's part are identified in the area of spelling and grammar in Coveny's failure to properly format his debate. Coveny made no effort to (1) identify clear arguments, (2) divide his arguments according to headings, (3) convey his arguments in a organized structure, or (4) otherwise comply with the requirements of modern English usage.

The differences here are stark, and that is clear to anyone who bothers to read the first round. The more one reads, the clearer the differences become.
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2017 8:05:26 PM

The actual start was over here: https://www.youtube.com...
Breaking Bad Mafia roles:

https://docs.google.com...
RocketEngineer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2017 8:17:04 PM
At 12/30/2017 8:05:26 PM, Unstobbaple wrote:

How did a Chipmunk just ruin this song for me...?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2017 8:27:27 PM
At 12/30/2017 8:17:04 PM, RocketEngineer wrote:
At 12/30/2017 8:05:26 PM, Unstobbaple wrote:

How did a Chipmunk just ruin this song for me...?

Because Coveny looks like a chipmunk?
Coveny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2017 8:29:53 PM
At 12/30/2017 8:27:27 PM, YYW wrote:

YYW I guess you use a sun as your avatar so people won't realize how dim you are...
ForDebating.com is online in beta now. (Additional functionality is still in development by ePixal)

A 1v1 and 2v2 debating website that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers who debate interesting and controversial topics.

Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2017 8:36:32 PM
At 12/30/2017 8:29:53 PM, Coveny wrote:

YYW I guess you use a sun as your avatar so people won't realize how dim you are...

o.O

RocketEngineer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2017 8:03:49 PM

This was a clever comeback lol
Coveny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2017 9:29:49 PM
At 12/31/2017 8:03:49 PM, RocketEngineer wrote:

Thanks.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2017 10:10:22 PM

If by clever you mean "/r/iamverysmart" then yes.
Coveny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2017 10:35:05 PM
At 12/31/2017 10:10:22 PM, YYW wrote:

Ya Rocket, YYW spends all his time posting in "/r/Iamverydumb" don't judge him...

Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2018 11:22:31 AM
At 12/31/2017 10:35:05 PM, Coveny wrote:

Ya Rocket, YYW spends all his time posting in "/r/Iamverydumb" don't judge him...

I spoke with your ex.. she told me about your gambling addiction.

Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2018 12:25:07 PM

When I first caught a body I was so full of oxys I didn't know if it was me. We pegged it on a dope fiend we sold the bag to. kinda weak but it was easier than u'd think.

Slav_ka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2018 12:41:04 PM

Why aren't you allowing any private messages? I wanted to discuss the feelings I have for you.

It's awful...each time I see a potato or any other item that is large and round, it reminds me of you and I start to get lascivious thoughts.
At 1/2/2018 7:27:55 PM, inferno wrote:
You are very elusive, number one. Your energy is dark. Very backstabbing. You do not keep secrets well. You are nasty, and vile with your words. A persons words is a reflection of their conscious mind. But you are a charming individual no doubt.
Coveny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2018 4:56:38 PM
At 1/1/2018 11:22:31 AM, Unstobbaple wrote:

When I first caught a body I was so full of oxys I didn't know if it was me. We pegged it on a dope fiend we sold the bag to. kinda weak but it was easier than u'd think.

Who are you talking to Unstobbaple? If you found and talked to my ex wife she wouldn't tell you I have any addictions, much less gambling... (she would have some colorful things to say about me for sure, they just won't be about me having addictions)

SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2018 5:00:56 PM
How stupid do you have to be to know about what's going on here
Stooge the Worst

#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#UnbanTheCuntMan

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

"SeventhProfessor is actually a surprisingly good poster."
~Devilry

Coveny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2018 5:13:24 PM
At 1/1/2018 12:41:04 PM, Slav_ka wrote:

Why aren't you allowing any private messages? I wanted to discuss the feelings I have for you.

It's awful...each time I see a potato or any other item that is large and round, it reminds me of you and I start to get lascivious thoughts.

It looks like the default settings were to not accept PMs from people who aren't my friends. (I've changed that as well as a few other settings)

I guess you've had a few days and you feel like you can handle me again, but before we start this up again I'll remind you that you were either banned or you closed your own account to run away from me last time, you sure you want to poke the bear?

I'll even go so far as to remind you I don't need mods to help me, I don't need to threaten to email your boss, I don't need to threaten to kill you, I don't need to make fun of your family, I don't need to contact your family, I don't need to do anything of that lame crap you people keep doing. All I need is to talk to you to screw you over and you deleted your own account while you run away from me screaming. And that was while I was in a flame war with several other people, that's not the case now, and you'd have more of my attention than you did then...

So I'll ask again, are you sure it's in your best interest to start back in on me?

Slav_ka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2018 5:37:02 PM
At 1/1/2018 5:13:24 PM, Coveny wrote:

It looks like the default settings were to not accept PMs from people who aren't my friends. (I've changed that as well as a few other settings)

Is it because you can't accept my love?

I guess you've had a few days and you feel like you can handle me again, but before we start this up again I'll remind you that you were either banned or you closed your own account to run away from me last time, you sure you want to poke the bear?

Hm I was busy/distracted by other considerably more important things. Also, I'm queen of all Slavs and a pillar of the Slavic community, so I felt that this account would be preferable from now on.

That you were convinced I was banned was pretty entertaining though ;)

I'll even go so far as to remind you I don't need mods to help me, I don't need to threaten to email your boss, I don't need to threaten to kill you, I don't need to make fun of your family, I don't need to contact your family, I don't need to do anything of that lame crap you people keep doing.

Lol.

All I need is to talk to you to screw you over and you deleted your own account while you run away from me screaming.

You can't delete accounts on here, they are permanent. That was also a troll move, in case you hadn't noticed.

And that was while I was in a flame war with several other people, that's not the case now, and you'd have more of my attention than you did then...

*gets wet at the thought, boy, you really know how to turn me on ;)

So I'll ask again, are you sure it's in your best interest to start back in on me?

You are not a Slav, so you deserve intense maltreatment. You're an American cheesecake with a fat head.
At 1/2/2018 7:27:55 PM, inferno wrote:
You are very elusive, number one. Your energy is dark. Very backstabbing. You do not keep secrets well. You are nasty, and vile with your words. A persons words is a reflection of their conscious mind. But you are a charming individual no doubt.
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2018 6:39:33 PM
At 1/1/2018 4:56:38 PM, Coveny wrote:
At 1/1/2018 11:22:31 AM, Unstobbaple wrote:

Who are you talking to Unstobbaple? If you found and talked to my ex wife she wouldn't tell you I have any addictions, much less gambling... (she would have some colorful things to say about me for sure, they just won't be about me having addictions)

I'm only repeating what she said.

Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2018 6:55:49 PM
At 1/1/2018 5:00:56 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
How stupid do you have to be to not know about what's going on here

Coveny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 2:07:41 AM
At 1/1/2018 5:37:02 PM, Slav_ka wrote:
At 1/1/2018 5:13:24 PM, Coveny wrote:

Is it because you can't accept my love?

I didn't know psychopaths could love... tell me more.

Hm I was busy/distracted by other considerably more important things. Also, I'm queen of all Slavs and a pillar of the Slavic community, so I felt that this account would be preferable from now on.

That you were convinced I was banned was pretty entertaining though ;)

Well it's not exactly normal for people to close their own accounts out of fear of me. Most people just stop, and then I stop, but then you aren't very smart, so I guess you figured closing your account was a good idea. So I'll admit to underestimating the level of stupid which you have achieved.

All I need is to talk to you to screw you over and you deleted your own account while you run away from me screaming.

You can't delete accounts on here, they are permanent. That was also a troll move, in case you hadn't noticed.

You trolled yourself... then came back on a different account after you worked your courage up? That's the story? ROFL

You are not a Slav, so you deserve intense maltreatment.

Racist much? To be fair given that you want me dead I guess I should have expected it.

You're an American cheesecake with a fat head.

Fat head... wow that takes me back to kindergarten. I haven't heard that insult in forever. If sucked as good as you suck at talking smack talk maybe you could stay in a relationship for two years.