Send a Message
1/3/2018 3:58:08 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 1/3/2018 3:25:46 PM, Slav_ka wrote:
At 1/3/2018 1:29:06 PM, Coveny wrote:
At 1/3/2018 8:16:38 AM, Slav_ka wrote:
At 1/3/2018 4:02:41 AM, Coveny wrote:

I am a chipmunk.

That's boring, could you talk to some friends and come up with a new insult?
ForDebating.com is online in beta now.

A 1v1 and 2v2 debating website that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers who debate interesting and controversial topics.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com...
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com...
Slav_ka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2018 4:24:12 PM
At 1/3/2018 3:58:08 PM, Coveny wrote:

I am a chipmunk.
At 1/2/2018 7:27:55 PM, inferno wrote:
You are very elusive, number one. Your energy is dark. Very backstabbing. You do not keep secrets well. You are nasty, and vile with your words. A persons words is a reflection of their conscious mind. But you are a charming individual no doubt.
Coveny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2018 4:42:25 PM
At 1/3/2018 4:24:12 PM, Slav_ka wrote:

I am a chipmunk.

Talk to Unstobbable, he may get distracted as easily as a moth near a bug light, but at least he can come up with some new material.

A 1v1 and 2v2 debating website that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers who debate interesting and controversial topics.

Slav_ka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2018 4:52:42 PM
At 1/3/2018 4:42:25 PM, Coveny wrote:
At 1/3/2018 4:24:12 PM, Slav_ka wrote:

I am a chipmunk.
At 1/2/2018 7:27:55 PM, inferno wrote:
You are very elusive, number one. Your energy is dark. Very backstabbing. You do not keep secrets well. You are nasty, and vile with your words. A persons words is a reflection of their conscious mind. But you are a charming individual no doubt.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2018 6:14:06 PM
At 1/1/2018 7:45:34 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
This forum hasn't had a single new thread all year.

Thanks for conducting this test, Uther.
Beginner Series Mafia Mod. PM if interested***
-
"I bet you're thinking right now 'haha I'm a genius'. well you're not" - Valkrin

"You're too young to be so wise, mate. Tone it down a little." - Devilry

*puffs bubble pipe*
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2018 4:41:32 PM

I came back recently after two years of absence... It's incredible how quiet it is compared to those good old days where you could get tens of people to vote on your debate.
Coveny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2018 5:23:13 PM
At 1/4/2018 4:41:32 PM, SebUK wrote:

I came back recently after two years of absence... It's incredible how quiet it is compared to those good old days where you could get tens of people to vote on your debate.

Well I think there are a few problems

1) Bugginess of this website
2) Over moderating votes
3) People who are allowed to harrass/mess with/take advantage of (whatever phrasing your prefer) others

#1 Juggle being AFK for like 6 years now. As soon as the advertising revenue drops to make this site no longer profitable I expect they will pull the plug. They have shown zero interest in operating the website.

#2 I've had a couple of heated debates on this topic, but what I basically think it comes down to is rather than what's listed in the standards moderators make subjective judgments about if they agree with the validity of vote or not. Now let me be clear here, I'm only referring to the votes where effort is put in to make a vote, and believe that the majority of vote moderation is "good". I'm just referring to the portion after the standards are met, but the mod still doesn't feel like the vote is good enough in their opinion. From the standards page voting shouldn't be that difficult to get through. (but the character limit is obviously a factor as well)

#3 Troll debates, admitted trolls, troll signatures, trolls and more trolls, trolls for days. When you have a community that gets enjoyment from picking on it's members it will self destruct. If the community doesn't help new members, put things in place to prevent experienced/popular ridiculing inexperienced/new, and enforce those rules to ensure a welcoming environment for new people the community is going to shrink as the experienced lose interest and the new members are dissuaded before they ever get a chance to see the perks of the community. Now before everyone starts in about safe spaces, and how people need to toughen up, let me say this, the majority of people don't enjoy talking sh1t like I do, and that doesn't mean they can't contribute just as much as I can. In our society dominance and aggression are harmful, so most people conform and don't want to deal with it. Every argument laid against me and my conflict plan of advertising here can be applied to those soft spoken people who can only handle controlled structured conflict, and leave here rather than becoming a part of this community. The aggressiveness required to survive here is way to high in my opinion. (not saying that I personally don't enjoy it, because I do, but that's not what's going to make a thriving growing community) It's a numbers game, and the regardless of how loud trolls are they don't reflect the majority of the internet population. In my opinion moderators should actively seek to protect new players from troll/noobsniping of behavior because that's what's in the communities best interest.

Things will be different when I'm in charge of ForDebating.com! Oh and vote for me in the next presidential election. (it's not like the dem and rep aren't going to put forth shitty candidates)

/dismounts soapbox

Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2018 5:38:23 PM
At 1/4/2018 5:23:13 PM, Coveny wrote:
At 1/4/2018 4:41:32 PM, SebUK wrote:

Well I think there are a few problems

1) Bugginess of this website
2) Over moderating votes
3) People who are allowed to harrass/mess with/take advantage of (whatever phrasing your prefer) others

#1 Juggle being AFK for like 6 years now. As soon as the advertising revenue drops to make this site no longer profitable I expect they will pull the plug. They have shown zero interest in operating the website.

#2 I've had a couple of heated debates on this topic, but what I basically think it comes down to is rather than what's listed in the standards moderators make subjective judgments about if they agree with the validity of vote or not. Now let me be clear here, I'm only referring to the votes where effort is put in to make a vote, and believe that the majority of vote moderation is "good". I'm just referring to the portion after the standards are met, but the mod still doesn't feel like the vote is good enough in their opinion. From the standards page voting shouldn't be that difficult to get through. (but the character limit is obviously a factor as well)

#3 Troll debates, admitted trolls, troll signatures, trolls and more trolls, trolls for days. When you have a community that gets enjoyment from picking on it's members it will self destruct. If the community doesn't help new members, put things in place to prevent experienced/popular ridiculing inexperienced/new, and enforce those rules to ensure a welcoming environment for new people the community is going to shrink as the experienced lose interest and the new members are dissuaded before they ever get a chance to see the perks of the community. Now before everyone starts in about safe spaces, and how people need to toughen up, let me say this, the majority of people don't enjoy talking sh1t like I do, and that doesn't mean they can't contribute just as much as I can. In our society dominance and aggression are harmful, so most people conform and don't want to deal with it. Every argument laid against me and my conflict plan of advertising here can be applied to those soft spoken people who can only handle controlled structured conflict, and leave here rather than becoming a part of this community. The aggressiveness required to survive here is way to high in my opinion. (not saying that I personally don't enjoy it, because I do, but that's not what's going to make a thriving growing community) It's a numbers game, and the regardless of how loud trolls are they don't reflect the majority of the internet population. In my opinion moderators should actively seek to protect new players from troll/noobsniping of behavior because that's what's in the communities best interest.

Things will be different when I'm in charge of ForDebating.com! Oh and vote for me in the next presidential election. (it's not like the dem and rep aren't going to put forth shitty candidates)

/dismounts soapbox

Nice plug placement platform.

A what happened to DDO post topic.
Seb and uther , you're both on report. I just cottoned on.