Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

I don't want 2 hear that you can't find a job

FanboyMctroll
Posts: 3,416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2017 6:29:49 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
With all the baby boomers retiring, there are more jobs available now then we have people to fill them. So if you are graduating from University, College or just looking for a job there are plenty of jobs available.

So don't be lazy or give your parents some excuse that you can't find work, because there are millions of jobs becoming available now. We have this mass group of baby boomers all retiring and they need to be replaced by somebody. So get your azz out there and don't make excuses. The jobs are available, the future looks bright for you
dc0404
Posts: 287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2017 12:59:48 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/10/2017 6:29:49 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
With all the baby boomers retiring, there are more jobs available now then we have people to fill them. So if you are graduating from University, College or just looking for a job there are plenty of jobs available.

So don't be lazy or give your parents some excuse that you can't find work, because there are millions of jobs becoming available now. We have this mass group of baby boomers all retiring and they need to be replaced by somebody. So get your azz out there and don't make excuses. The jobs are available, the future looks bright for you

Ha! That's good. I agree with you, the demographics support more job opportunities given the massive BB demographic group retiring. Of course that group retiring creates other massive issues for the US. Namely around social security and medicare.

DC
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 3,416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2017 5:30:47 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/12/2017 12:59:48 PM, dc0404 wrote:
At 7/10/2017 6:29:49 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
With all the baby boomers retiring, there are more jobs available now then we have people to fill them. So if you are graduating from University, College or just looking for a job there are plenty of jobs available.

So don't be lazy or give your parents some excuse that you can't find work, because there are millions of jobs becoming available now. We have this mass group of baby boomers all retiring and they need to be replaced by somebody. So get your azz out there and don't make excuses. The jobs are available, the future looks bright for you

Ha! That's good. I agree with you, the demographics support more job opportunities given the massive BB demographic group retiring. Of course that group retiring creates other massive issues for the US. Namely around social security and medicare.

DC

That is why you should get into the medicare business, huge money to be made there of the retired people. I think the price of Depends, adult diapers and invalid rings will rise significantly LOL
A1tre
Posts: 281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2017 4:54:10 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/10/2017 6:29:49 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
With all the baby boomers retiring, there are more jobs available now then we have people to fill them. So if you are graduating from University, College or just looking for a job there are plenty of jobs available.

So don't be lazy or give your parents some excuse that you can't find work, because there are millions of jobs becoming available now. We have this mass group of baby boomers all retiring and they need to be replaced by somebody. So get your azz out there and don't make excuses. The jobs are available, the future looks bright for you

Reality is substantially more complex than "baby boomers are retiring, there are more jobs available".
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 3,416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2017 1:14:43 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/17/2017 4:54:10 AM, A1tre wrote:
At 7/10/2017 6:29:49 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
With all the baby boomers retiring, there are more jobs available now then we have people to fill them. So if you are graduating from University, College or just looking for a job there are plenty of jobs available.

So don't be lazy or give your parents some excuse that you can't find work, because there are millions of jobs becoming available now. We have this mass group of baby boomers all retiring and they need to be replaced by somebody. So get your azz out there and don't make excuses. The jobs are available, the future looks bright for you

Reality is substantially more complex than "baby boomers are retiring, there are more jobs available".

Millennial excuse!!
dc0404
Posts: 287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2017 10:50:24 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/17/2017 1:14:43 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 7/17/2017 4:54:10 AM, A1tre wrote:
At 7/10/2017 6:29:49 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
With all the baby boomers retiring, there are more jobs available now then we have people to fill them. So if you are graduating from University, College or just looking for a job there are plenty of jobs available.

So don't be lazy or give your parents some excuse that you can't find work, because there are millions of jobs becoming available now. We have this mass group of baby boomers all retiring and they need to be replaced by somebody. So get your azz out there and don't make excuses. The jobs are available, the future looks bright for you

Reality is substantially more complex than "baby boomers are retiring, there are more jobs available".

Millennial excuse!!

Mostly, I would have to agree. If you want it bad enough, there is a good job out there. "Some people want it to happen, some with it would happen, others Make it Happen!" - Michael Jordan

DC
BabyBooms
Posts: 136
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2017 3:38:46 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/10/2017 6:29:49 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
With all the baby boomers retiring, there are more jobs available now then we have people to fill them. So if you are graduating from University, College or just looking for a job there are plenty of jobs available.

So don't be lazy or give your parents some excuse that you can't find work, because there are millions of jobs becoming available now. We have this mass group of baby boomers all retiring and they need to be replaced by somebody. So get your azz out there and don't make excuses. The jobs are available, the future looks bright for you

What a crock! Are you really telling me that you don't know that millions of good-paying jobs have been outsourced to countries like China and India?
https://www.thebalance.com...

U.S. corporations are struggling for preservation of profits by harming workers' wages, moving overseas, and reducing benefits by offering part-time jobs which are not required to offer benefits.

As wages in the U.S. decline and wages in those other countries increase, we may meet in the middle, but US workers are fighting a decline in their incomes in an uphill battle.

So yeah, jobs are available, -if you will settle for a serious decline in income.
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 3,416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2017 4:17:23 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/19/2017 3:38:46 PM, BabyBooms wrote:
At 7/10/2017 6:29:49 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
With all the baby boomers retiring, there are more jobs available now then we have people to fill them. So if you are graduating from University, College or just looking for a job there are plenty of jobs available.

So don't be lazy or give your parents some excuse that you can't find work, because there are millions of jobs becoming available now. We have this mass group of baby boomers all retiring and they need to be replaced by somebody. So get your azz out there and don't make excuses. The jobs are available, the future looks bright for you

What a crock! Are you really telling me that you don't know that millions of good-paying jobs have been outsourced to countries like China and India?
https://www.thebalance.com...

U.S. corporations are struggling for preservation of profits by harming workers' wages, moving overseas, and reducing benefits by offering part-time jobs which are not required to offer benefits.

As wages in the U.S. decline and wages in those other countries increase, we may meet in the middle, but US workers are fighting a decline in their incomes in an uphill battle.

So yeah, jobs are available, -if you will settle for a serious decline in income.

There are always jobs everywhere, you must be willing to relocate sometimes, and sometimes you might have to go back to school for more training, but the jobs are there. Anyone making an excuse that they can't find a job or that their income is low is not willing to put in the effort to make themselves better and more appealing for a better career.

Get out of the Wendy's or Walmart, educate yourself and go get a real career. Because they are all there if you have the skills!! Nobody is going to give you a six figure salary job, you need to work for it. Typical millennial excuse, "I got out of school and I expect a high paying job" You need to earn it boy!!
BabyBooms
Posts: 136
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2017 6:46:51 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/19/2017 4:17:23 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 7/19/2017 3:38:46 PM, BabyBooms wrote:
At 7/10/2017 6:29:49 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
With all the baby boomers retiring, there are more jobs available now then we have people to fill them. So if you are graduating from University, College or just looking for a job there are plenty of jobs available.

So don't be lazy or give your parents some excuse that you can't find work, because there are millions of jobs becoming available now. We have this mass group of baby boomers all retiring and they need to be replaced by somebody. So get your azz out there and don't make excuses. The jobs are available, the future looks bright for you

What a crock! Are you really telling me that you don't know that millions of good-paying jobs have been outsourced to countries like China and India?
https://www.thebalance.com...

U.S. corporations are struggling for preservation of profits by harming workers' wages, moving overseas, and reducing benefits by offering part-time jobs which are not required to offer benefits.

As wages in the U.S. decline and wages in those other countries increase, we may meet in the middle, but US workers are fighting a decline in their incomes in an uphill battle.

So yeah, jobs are available, -if you will settle for a serious decline in income.

There are always jobs everywhere, you must be willing to relocate sometimes, and sometimes you might have to go back to school for more training, but the jobs are there. Anyone making an excuse that they can't find a job or that their income is low is not willing to put in the effort to make themselves better and more appealing for a better career.

Get out of the Wendy's or Walmart, educate yourself and go get a real career. Because they are all there if you have the skills!! Nobody is going to give you a six figure salary job, you need to work for it. Typical millennial excuse, "I got out of school and I expect a high paying job" You need to earn it boy!!

Yup, you blame the worker for the failures of capitalism.
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 3,416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2017 7:20:31 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
I blame the lazy, excuse making worker for his demise in life, not capitalism. You are where you are in life for a reason, a little more dedication and effort can go a long way in making your life more happy and successful.

Blamers will never get anywhere in life. Just like at the trailer park everyone blames someone for their sh!tty and meager life.

Only you can make the choices you want in life, nobody else is going to offer you a nice paying cushy job, you need to earn it.

Get your azz up soldier and move it!! LOL
BabyBooms
Posts: 136
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2017 12:12:42 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/19/2017 7:20:31 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
I blame the lazy, excuse making worker for his demise in life, not capitalism.

About what percentage of all workers do you think are probably "lazy, excuse making workers"?
dc0404
Posts: 287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2017 12:28:39 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/19/2017 3:38:46 PM, BabyBooms wrote:
At 7/10/2017 6:29:49 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
With all the baby boomers retiring, there are more jobs available now then we have people to fill them. So if you are graduating from University, College or just looking for a job there are plenty of jobs available.

So don't be lazy or give your parents some excuse that you can't find work, because there are millions of jobs becoming available now. We have this mass group of baby boomers all retiring and they need to be replaced by somebody. So get your azz out there and don't make excuses. The jobs are available, the future looks bright for you

What a crock! Are you really telling me that you don't know that millions of good-paying jobs have been outsourced to countries like China and India?
https://www.thebalance.com...

U.S. corporations are struggling for preservation of profits by harming workers' wages, moving overseas, and reducing benefits by offering part-time jobs which are not required to offer benefits.

As wages in the U.S. decline and wages in those other countries increase, we may meet in the middle, but US workers are fighting a decline in their incomes in an uphill battle.

So yeah, jobs are available, -if you will settle for a serious decline in income.

US Corporations are struggling for profits due to the massive expense in hiring people. If government didn't make it so expensive to hire people, companies and employees both would take home more money. Added profits always lead to added investment, because the "greedy" CEOs want a return on their investment, but the byproduct is more and better paying jobs, so us "greedy" CEOs are actually helping. US companies SHOULD ship their jobs overseas if the environments are more friendly, they do it because it is more friendly, not because they like the foreign worker more than the domestic worker. I know, I know, there are jobs nobody wants here, but there are also jobs here that are more expensive due to government intrusion.

You clearly want handouts. You do not want freedom, you want free stuff.

DC
BabyBooms
Posts: 136
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2017 3:28:48 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/20/2017 12:28:39 AM, dc0404 wrote:
At 7/19/2017 3:38:46 PM, BabyBooms wrote:
At 7/10/2017 6:29:49 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
With all the baby boomers retiring, there are more jobs available now then we have people to fill them. So if you are graduating from University, College or just looking for a job there are plenty of jobs available.

So don't be lazy or give your parents some excuse that you can't find work, because there are millions of jobs becoming available now. We have this mass group of baby boomers all retiring and they need to be replaced by somebody. So get your azz out there and don't make excuses. The jobs are available, the future looks bright for you

What a crock! Are you really telling me that you don't know that millions of good-paying jobs have been outsourced to countries like China and India?
https://www.thebalance.com...

U.S. corporations are struggling for preservation of profits by harming workers' wages, moving overseas, and reducing benefits by offering part-time jobs which are not required to offer benefits.

As wages in the U.S. decline and wages in those other countries increase, we may meet in the middle, but US workers are fighting a decline in their incomes in an uphill battle.

So yeah, jobs are available, -if you will settle for a serious decline in income.

US Corporations are struggling for profits due to the massive expense in hiring people. If government didn't make it so expensive to hire people, companies and employees both would take home more money. Added profits always lead to added investment, because the "greedy" CEOs want a return on their investment, but the byproduct is more and better paying jobs, so us "greedy" CEOs are actually helping. US companies SHOULD ship their jobs overseas if the environments are more friendly, they do it because it is more friendly, not because they like the foreign worker more than the domestic worker. I know, I know, there are jobs nobody wants here, but there are also jobs here that are more expensive due to government intrusion.

You clearly want handouts. You do not want freedom, you want free stuff.

DC

It always comes down to a personal attack; an accusation that I want "free stuff". I could buy you several times over lad. You just lack a mature, intelligent argument, so you make personal attacks in an attempt to intimidate. You lose.
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 3,416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2017 12:42:26 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
It always comes down to a personal attack; an accusation that I want "free stuff". I could buy you several times over lad. You just lack a mature, intelligent argument, so you make personal attacks in an attempt to intimidate. You lose.

I don't think DC is saying that. You need to stop complaining and try harder if you want a job, you need to adapt, change, learn more and you will have no problem finding a job. Times are always changing you need to adapt to it or you will fall behind and then complain about Capitalism.
dc0404
Posts: 287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2017 12:54:04 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/20/2017 3:28:48 AM, BabyBooms wrote:
At 7/20/2017 12:28:39 AM, dc0404 wrote:
At 7/19/2017 3:38:46 PM, BabyBooms wrote:
At 7/10/2017 6:29:49 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
With all the baby boomers retiring, there are more jobs available now then we have people to fill them. So if you are graduating from University, College or just looking for a job there are plenty of jobs available.

So don't be lazy or give your parents some excuse that you can't find work, because there are millions of jobs becoming available now. We have this mass group of baby boomers all retiring and they need to be replaced by somebody. So get your azz out there and don't make excuses. The jobs are available, the future looks bright for you

What a crock! Are you really telling me that you don't know that millions of good-paying jobs have been outsourced to countries like China and India?
https://www.thebalance.com...

U.S. corporations are struggling for preservation of profits by harming workers' wages, moving overseas, and reducing benefits by offering part-time jobs which are not required to offer benefits.

As wages in the U.S. decline and wages in those other countries increase, we may meet in the middle, but US workers are fighting a decline in their incomes in an uphill battle.

So yeah, jobs are available, -if you will settle for a serious decline in income.

US Corporations are struggling for profits due to the massive expense in hiring people. If government didn't make it so expensive to hire people, companies and employees both would take home more money. Added profits always lead to added investment, because the "greedy" CEOs want a return on their investment, but the byproduct is more and better paying jobs, so us "greedy" CEOs are actually helping. US companies SHOULD ship their jobs overseas if the environments are more friendly, they do it because it is more friendly, not because they like the foreign worker more than the domestic worker. I know, I know, there are jobs nobody wants here, but there are also jobs here that are more expensive due to government intrusion.

You clearly want handouts. You do not want freedom, you want free stuff.

DC

It always comes down to a personal attack; an accusation that I want "free stuff". I could buy you several times over lad. You just lack a mature, intelligent argument, so you make personal attacks in an attempt to intimidate. You lose.

Darn, lost again. That was not a personal attack, that was an argument that obviously struck a chord with you, perhaps it is what you stand for, even though you, yourself, may not need the free stuff since you have accumulated or produced enough wealth for you and your family. Individuals with higher net worth, most of them, have what they need, and with more disposable income are not going to buy more stuff for themselves, they are mostly going to invest it into productive areas of the economy that create jobs (take yourself for example), this was my point. Your argument on US corporations is largely false, you hear of the greedy "no-good" corporations and their CEO's and then try to make people believe all corporations and their CEOs are like that, which they are not. By the way, you cannot stand for both, more free stuff from corporations/government but also stand for freedom. There is nothing immature or unintelligent about this argument, but the truth can hurt.

DC
John_C_1812
Posts: 793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2017 1:57:43 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/20/2017 3:28:48 AM, BabyBooms wrote:


It always comes down to a personal attack; an accusation that I want "free stuff". I could buy you several times over lad. You just lack a mature, intelligent argument, so you make personal attacks in an attempt to intimidate. You lose.

There is a contradiction to your belief of the meaning FREEDOM. A corporation does not want freedom, a corporation requires liberty. The political ideology made on freedom is wrong. A freedom expresses no self-value or cost. It is wrong to address slavery in this way, and it is wrong to address economies in the way.
John_C_1812
Posts: 793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2017 2:14:18 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/20/2017 12:42:26 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
It always comes down to a personal attack; an accusation that I want "free stuff". I could buy you several times over lad. You just lack a mature, intelligent argument, so you make personal attacks in an attempt to intimidate. You lose.

I don't think DC is saying that. You need to stop complaining and try harder if you want a job, you need to adapt, change, learn more and you will have no problem finding a job. Times are always changing you need to adapt to it or you will fall behind and then complain about Capitalism.

There is an extensive amount of polarizing making use of strategic positioning, credit against the dollar in a constricted economy. Complaining sometimes might exposes hard to prove white collar crime"s that have gone otherwise unnoticed.
The public stress of impartial forms of income are being matched against more biased forms of income. The outcome makes corporations look like they are the ones who are greedy as an expense becomes much greater for operating in a biased economic market. The idea is it fabricates jobs that at one time were not required.
BabyBooms
Posts: 136
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2017 8:01:27 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/20/2017 12:42:26 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
It always comes down to a personal attack; an accusation that I want "free stuff". I could buy you several times over lad. You just lack a mature, intelligent argument, so you make personal attacks in an attempt to intimidate. You lose.

I don't think DC is saying that. You need to stop complaining and try harder if you want a job, you need to adapt, change, learn more and you will have no problem finding a job. Times are always changing you need to adapt to it or you will fall behind and then complain about Capitalism.

Well don't word your posts so it sounds like you're saying I have a problem with laziness and not finding work. My point is that the idea that the majority of people who can't find a job are lazy is ignorant contempt. Produce a reliable poll or a study that show that. Don't just give me ignorant, contemptuous slogans.
BabyBooms
Posts: 136
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2017 8:12:02 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/20/2017 12:54:04 PM, dc0404 wrote:
Darn, lost again. That was not a personal attack, that was an argument that obviously struck a chord with you, perhaps it is what you stand for

When you start a new paragraph saying "You clearly want handouts. You do not want freedom, you want free stuff." . . . that isn't supposed to be an attack? You weren't addressing that to me??

You need to get some coursework in high school-level English Composition! If I say "You are an ignorant jerk" I'm sure you understand I'm not addressing you, right?

Your argument on US corporations is largely false, you hear of the greedy "no-good" corporations and their CEO's and then try to make people believe all corporations and their CEOs are like that, which they are not. By the way, you cannot stand for both, more free stuff from corporations/government but also stand for freedom. There is nothing immature or unintelligent about this argument, but the truth can hurt.

DC

Your comprehension isn't so good either. (Of course I'm not addressing you, here. LOL!!!) My argument was a critique of capitalism and its stage of decay at which we find ourselves today. How about discussing that?
BabyBooms
Posts: 136
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2017 8:27:21 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
And dc0404, if you or anyone wishes to engage me on what I said above, which is that my critique was of capitalism rather than CEOs, you might begin by reading my comments on the "EVOLUTION OF CAPITALISM" here: http://www.debate.org...
dc0404
Posts: 287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2017 2:17:34 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/20/2017 8:12:02 PM, BabyBooms wrote:
At 7/20/2017 12:54:04 PM, dc0404 wrote:
Darn, lost again. That was not a personal attack, that was an argument that obviously struck a chord with you, perhaps it is what you stand for

When you start a new paragraph saying "You clearly want handouts. You do not want freedom, you want free stuff." . . . that isn't supposed to be an attack? You weren't addressing that to me??

You need to get some coursework in high school-level English Composition! If I say "You are an ignorant jerk" I'm sure you understand I'm not addressing you, right?


Your argument on US corporations is largely false, you hear of the greedy "no-good" corporations and their CEO's and then try to make people believe all corporations and their CEOs are like that, which they are not. By the way, you cannot stand for both, more free stuff from corporations/government but also stand for freedom. There is nothing immature or unintelligent about this argument, but the truth can hurt.

DC

Your comprehension isn't so good either. (Of course I'm not addressing you, here. LOL!!!) My argument was a critique of capitalism and its stage of decay at which we find ourselves today. How about discussing that?

I would say that I addressed that topic head on, and more. You and I agree on the decay. However, it is not capitalism that caused it... crony capitalism perhaps, but then what are the ingredients of crony capitalism? The main ingredient is the establishment government, it all goes back to that. Remove that, and capitalism works, although not perfect.

DC
dc0404
Posts: 287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2017 2:35:18 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/20/2017 8:27:21 PM, BabyBooms wrote:
And dc0404, if you or anyone wishes to engage me on what I said above, which is that my critique was of capitalism rather than CEOs, you might begin by reading my comments on the "EVOLUTION OF CAPITALISM" here: http://www.debate.org...

Your arguments are OK. There is not one mention of the expense to hire a worker and where that expense originates. It is one tax layered upon another, layered upon another, layered upon another, for both employees and employers. Could it be that the bigger culprit to wages not increasing is the governments overreach? We live in a different world and technology is a part of it and here to stay, but in the free market, although it is evolving, and that causes different effects, employees are free to go where they want and employers are free to hire who they want; that is the competitive free market. If I want to attract employees, then I have to pay better and offer more, but I will expect a lot of output in return. If a certain company is not good enough for an employee, they are free to find something else, or increase their skills and capabilities, and then find something else. There is also no mention of that in your discussion putting any responsibility on the employee. It is a one sided argument you are delivering.

DC
BabyBooms
Posts: 136
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2017 3:09:20 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/21/2017 2:17:34 AM, dc0404 wrote:
........

I would say that I addressed that topic head on, and more. You and I agree on the decay. However, it is not capitalism that caused it... crony capitalism perhaps, but then what are the ingredients of crony capitalism? The main ingredient is the establishment government, it all goes back to that. Remove that, and capitalism works, although not perfect.

DC

Well ok, but you seem to think that capitalism, itself, hasn't determined the path capitalism would take in the U.S. historically. You seem to think that "we" could have this or that type of "capitalism" if we wanted it.

Remove government? You mean remove regulations that tame capitalism and prevent excesses like we had around 1900. NO. THANKS.
BabyBooms
Posts: 136
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2017 3:18:17 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/21/2017 2:35:18 AM, dc0404 wrote:
At 7/20/2017 8:27:21 PM, BabyBooms wrote:
And dc0404, if you or anyone wishes to engage me on what I said above, which is that my critique was of capitalism rather than CEOs, you might begin by reading my comments on the "EVOLUTION OF CAPITALISM" here: http://www.debate.org...

Your arguments are OK. There is not one mention of the expense to hire a worker and where that expense originates. It is one tax layered upon another, layered upon another, layered upon another, for both employees and employers. Could it be that the bigger culprit to wages not increasing is the governments overreach? We live in a different world and technology is a part of it and here to stay, but in the free market, although it is evolving, and that causes different effects, employees are free to go where they want and employers are free to hire who they want; that is the competitive free market. If I want to attract employees, then I have to pay better and offer more, but I will expect a lot of output in return. If a certain company is not good enough for an employee, they are free to find something else, or increase their skills and capabilities, and then find something else. There is also no mention of that in your discussion putting any responsibility on the employee. It is a one sided argument you are delivering.

DC

Egad. That is an idealistic dream as found in introductory textbooks on economics. It sounds great. It reads well. It seems to be completely logical and reasonable and defensible (using the reasoning of idealism), but I'm not interested in such perfect theories. Let's talk about the facts of reality. They include such things as businesses fighting to cut costs (workers' pay mainly), unemployment and its effect on pay, business mergers to end competition, a history of offering a pittance for starting wages, hundreds of support organizations and laws and agencies for businesses and none for workers, and on and on and on.

Reality has a way of destroying idealism.
John_C_1812
Posts: 793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2017 1:55:16 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/20/2017 8:01:27 PM, BabyBooms wrote:
At 7/20/2017 12:42:26 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
It always comes down to a personal attack; an accusation that I want "free stuff". I could buy you several times over lad. You just lack a mature, intelligent argument, so you make personal attacks in an attempt to intimidate. You lose.

I don't think DC is saying that. You need to stop complaining and try harder if you want a job, you need to adapt, change, learn more and you will have no problem finding a job. Times are always changing you need to adapt to it or you will fall behind and then complain about Capitalism.

Well don't word your posts so it sounds like you're saying I have a problem with laziness and not finding work. My point is that the idea that the majority of people who can't find a job are lazy is ignorant contempt. Produce a reliable poll or a study that show that. Don't just give me ignorant, contemptuous slogans.

Poll or study seriously?
The whole point is people do not want to be self-employed and assume the burden of their own work.
dc0404
Posts: 287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2017 2:08:46 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/21/2017 3:09:20 AM, BabyBooms wrote:
At 7/21/2017 2:17:34 AM, dc0404 wrote:
........

I would say that I addressed that topic head on, and more. You and I agree on the decay. However, it is not capitalism that caused it... crony capitalism perhaps, but then what are the ingredients of crony capitalism? The main ingredient is the establishment government, it all goes back to that. Remove that, and capitalism works, although not perfect.

DC

Well ok, but you seem to think that capitalism, itself, hasn't determined the path capitalism would take in the U.S. historically. You seem to think that "we" could have this or that type of "capitalism" if we wanted it.

Remove government? You mean remove regulations that tame capitalism and prevent excesses like we had around 1900. NO. THANKS.

Not remove, just limit it, as originally intended. The people had the power and gave up some of that to form a limited government with very specific enumerated powers. The government has overreached not because of capitalism but because they themselves want power, money, and control. This is where it started to spiral out of control to what we have today. It is convenient for government to form a narrative that it is because of capitalism, and you have bought into it, just like the masses.

DC
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 3,416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2017 1:33:05 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
What a crock! Are you really telling me that you don't know that millions of good-paying jobs have been outsourced to countries like China and India?
https://www.thebalance.com...

U.S. corporations are struggling for preservation of profits by harming workers' wages, moving overseas, and reducing benefits by offering part-time jobs which are not required to offer benefits.

As wages in the U.S. decline and wages in those other countries increase, we may meet in the middle, but US workers are fighting a decline in their incomes in an uphill battle.

So yeah, jobs are available, -if you will settle for a serious decline in income.

The jobs are there, if you stop getting high all the time

https://www.nytimes.com...
Munimji
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2017 9:16:20 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
Finding a job is not a tough job if you have Munimji with you.
Munimji training and placement academy provide short-term courses with 100% job guarantee.

You can go to the website as per below link :

http://www.munimji.co.in...