Is a trade war coming?

HairlessApe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2017 4:36:05 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/3/2017 12:33:18 AM, Nd2400 wrote:
Is the US and China on a collision course toward a real trade war?

What makes you think this is a possibility? Trump running his stupid mouth?
One could surely argue that the Buddhist tradition, taken as a whole, represents the richest source of contemplative wisdom that any civilization has produced. -Sam Harris
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2017 12:08:35 AM
At 9/3/2017 4:36:05 PM, HairlessApe wrote:

Well yes his running his mouth is one thing. But his actions speak louder. For instance August 14, 2017 "President Trump signed an executive memorandum Monday afternoon that will likely trigger an investigation into China"s alleged theft of U.S. intellectual property, a measure that could eventually result in a wide range of penalties as the administration seeks a new way to deal with what it calls Chinese violations of the rules of international trade. The theft of intellectual property by foreign countries costs our nation millions of jobs and billions and billions of dollars each and every year," Trump said, as he signed the memo surrounded by trade advisers and company executives. "For too long, this wealth has been drained from our country while Washington has done nothing... But Washington will turn a blind eye no longer." Once the US find evidence of alleged theft of U.S. intellectual property, Trump then will slap tariff on Chinese goods. China will then also slap tariff on the US goods. Yet that coercion might unleash a trade war between the two biggest economies they would effect everything from soy-beans to smartphones. China id the US largest partner with $510.6 billions in the two way trade from last year. According to the office of trade representative. This will for sure have negatives affect on relations. Trump making china trade a goal of his. So there is reason why im kind of concern.
HairlessApe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2017 2:36:13 PM
At 9/4/2017 12:08:35 AM, Nd2400 wrote:

Well yes his running his mouth is one thing. But his actions speak louder. For instance August 14, 2017 "President Trump signed an executive memorandum Monday afternoon that will likely trigger an investigation into China"s alleged theft of U.S. intellectual property, a measure that could eventually result in a wide range of penalties as the administration seeks a new way to deal with what it calls Chinese violations of the rules of international trade. The theft of intellectual property by foreign countries costs our nation millions of jobs and billions and billions of dollars each and every year," Trump said, as he signed the memo surrounded by trade advisers and company executives. "For too long, this wealth has been drained from our country while Washington has done nothing... But Washington will turn a blind eye no longer." Once the US find evidence of alleged theft of U.S. intellectual property, Trump then will slap tariff on Chinese goods. China will then also slap tariff on the US goods. Yet that coercion might unleash a trade war between the two biggest economies they would effect everything from soy-beans to smartphones. China id the US largest partner with $510.6 billions in the two way trade from last year. According to the office of trade representative. This will for sure have negatives affect on relations. Trump making china trade a goal of his. So there is reason why im kind of concern.

I wouldn't be concerned if I were you because, Trump is now a known commodity among the intelligent people of the world. Everyone knows he is an A-moral businessman with a narcissistic personality disorder. This makes him susceptible to flattery and greed and the Chinese have already played him; remember the "china is a currency manipulator" and now they're not, after a minute meeting with Xi Jinping.

"In April, China provisionally granted Ivanka Trump's business three new trademarks on the same day she dined with Chinese President Xi Jinping at Mar-a-Lago. The company filed the applications in early 2016 -- after Trump entered the race for president but before he won.
Ivanka Trump's business now has 18 registered trademarks in China and five provisionally approved. With the latest filings, it also has at least 44 applications that haven't been reviewed by authorities yet."

China also knows that Trump lies to the American public about... well... everything, while making it clear, behind closed doors that his bullsh!t is just to keep his "ratings" up. Take, for instance, "the wall": Transcript with Pres. Nieto:

"So what I would like to recommend is " if we are going to have continued dialogue " we will work out the wall. They are going to say, "who is going to pay for the wall, Mr. President?" to both of us, and we should both say, "we will work it out." It will work out in the formula somehow. As opposed to you saying, "we will not pay" and me saying, "we will not pay."

"But you cannot say anymore that the United States is going to pay for the wall. I am just going to say that we are working it out."

"But you cannot say that to the press. The press is going to go with that and I cannot live with that."

Take for instance Russia. "No, I have nothing to do with Russia, John (ph). How many times do I have say that? Are you a smart man? I have nothing to with Russia, I have nothing to do with Russia." And ""I know nothing about Russia " I know about Russia, but I know nothing about the inner workings of Russia. I don"t deal there, I have no businesses there, I have no loans from Russia." But of course we find out that he has been trying to get the Russian Government to let him build a Trump Tower in Moscow...

So, don't worry about China, the Trumps want to do more business there so they aren't going to muck up the works.
One could surely argue that the Buddhist tradition, taken as a whole, represents the richest source of contemplative wisdom that any civilization has produced. -Sam Harris
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2017 3:00:56 PM
I'm not to so sure about that. Because trump view china as a threat to the US economy. That's why he did the 1st step filing investigation on china for intellectual property, advanced technology. Yes trump wife have some trade deals with china, but they small potatoes, compared to the economy. The other issue is with north korea, in order to have tough sanction on them, he need to sanction the Chinese big banks and individual who have deals with the north. So if trump go after the Chinese big banks, then the Chinese would hit back. So they for a trade war could be coming.
HairlessApe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2017 4:44:25 PM
At 9/4/2017 3:00:56 PM, Nd2400 wrote:
I'm not to so sure about that. Because trump view china as a threat to the US economy. That's why he did the 1st step filing investigation on china for intellectual property, advanced technology. Yes trump wife have some trade deals with china, but they small potatoes, compared to the economy.

Again, he will say and do whatever will achieve his personal desires. You're apparently operating under the false assumption that Trump actually gives a sh!t about America. He doesn't. He cares about his prestige, his money and his family making money.

Ivanka isn't his wife, BTW. That's Melania... I realize it's easy to confuse the two.

The other issue is with north korea, in order to have tough sanction on them, he need to sanction the Chinese big banks and individual who have deals with the north. So if trump go after the Chinese big banks, then the Chinese would hit back. So they for a trade war could be coming.

That doesn't even make sense. Trump won't actually DO more than run his mouth publicly. Russia and China are the ones giving aid/cover to NK and Trump wants to do Business with both and he won't be POTUS forever.
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2017 5:11:10 PM
At 9/4/2017 4:44:25 PM, HairlessApe wrote:
At 9/4/2017 3:00:56 PM, Nd2400 wrote:
I'm not to so sure about that. Because trump view china as a threat to the US economy. That's why he did the 1st step filing investigation on china for intellectual property, advanced technology. Yes trump wife have some trade deals with china, but they small potatoes, compared to the economy.

Again, he will say and do whatever will achieve his personal desires. You're apparently operating under the false assumption that Trump actually gives a sh!t about America. He doesn't. He cares about his prestige, his money and his family making money.
True he only care for himself, and his family. He don't really care about American, but thats what make him scary about the trades, because he dont care about the American working family. The trades really wont hurt him or his family, but it will hurt the economy.
Ivanka isn't his wife, BTW. That's Melania... I realize it's easy to confuse the two.
yeah wasn't really thinking there.
The other issue is with north korea, in order to have tough sanction on them, he need to sanction the Chinese big banks and individual who have deals with the north. So if trump go after the Chinese big banks, then the Chinese would hit back. So they for a trade war could be coming.

That doesn't even make sense. Trump won't actually DO more than run his mouth publicly. Russia and China are the ones giving aid/cover to NK and Trump wants to do Business with both and he won't be POTUS forever.

Yes china and russia is aiding the north economy, but thats why trump and some of his staff say going after the Chinese banks would help cut off the north. But if trump does this, it will back fire. Sure trump like running his mouth, but soon he will be biting more then he can actually chew. So thats mean he would actually have to do some things he said he would do.
GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2017 8:06:05 PM
At 9/4/2017 2:36:13 PM, HairlessApe wrote:

I wouldn't be concerned if I were you because, Trump is now a known commodity among the intelligent people of the world. Everyone knows he is an A-moral businessman with a narcissistic personality disorder. This makes him susceptible to flattery and greed and the Chinese have already played him; remember the "china is a currency manipulator" and now they're not, after a minute meeting with Xi Jinping.

"In April, China provisionally granted Ivanka Trump's business three new trademarks on the same day she dined with Chinese President Xi Jinping at Mar-a-Lago. The company filed the applications in early 2016 -- after Trump entered the race for president but before he won.
Ivanka Trump's business now has 18 registered trademarks in China and five provisionally approved. With the latest filings, it also has at least 44 applications that haven't been reviewed by authorities yet."

China also knows that Trump lies to the American public about... well... everything, while making it clear, behind closed doors that his bullsh!t is just to keep his "ratings" up. Take, for instance, "the wall": Transcript with Pres. Nieto:

"So what I would like to recommend is " if we are going to have continued dialogue " we will work out the wall. They are going to say, "who is going to pay for the wall, Mr. President?" to both of us, and we should both say, "we will work it out." It will work out in the formula somehow. As opposed to you saying, "we will not pay" and me saying, "we will not pay."

"But you cannot say anymore that the United States is going to pay for the wall. I am just going to say that we are working it out."

"But you cannot say that to the press. The press is going to go with that and I cannot live with that."

Take for instance Russia. "No, I have nothing to do with Russia, John (ph). How many times do I have say that? Are you a smart man? I have nothing to with Russia, I have nothing to do with Russia." And ""I know nothing about Russia " I know about Russia, but I know nothing about the inner workings of Russia. I don"t deal there, I have no businesses there, I have no loans from Russia." But of course we find out that he has been trying to get the Russian Government to let him build a Trump Tower in Moscow...

So, don't worry about China, the Trumps want to do more business there so they aren't going to muck up the works.

Trump and China? Don't you read the news? Trump has begun an in-depth investigation into the trade imbalance between the U.S. and China. Trump thinks it favours the Chinese too much and if Trump believes something then thats it. You must understand that Trump will brook no competition from previous Presidents and will rip apart all the deals and treaties made by these "lesser men". All good things come from Trump and Trump alone.
HairlessApe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2017 4:56:22 PM
At 9/9/2017 8:06:05 PM, GrimlyF wrote:

Trump and China? Don't you read the news? Trump has begun an in-depth investigation into the trade imbalance between the U.S. and China. Trump thinks it favours the Chinese too much and if Trump believes something then thats it. You must understand that Trump will brook no competition from previous Presidents and will rip apart all the deals and treaties made by these "lesser men". All good things come from Trump and Trump alone.

Yeah, like his investigation into the millions of illegal immigrant votes. LOL... you still believe in the con... SMH
GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2017 8:10:13 AM
At 9/10/2017 4:56:22 PM, HairlessApe wrote:

Yeah, like his investigation into the millions of illegal immigrant votes. LOL... you still believe in the con... SMH

You obvious don't recognise sarcasm when you see it.

How is ANYONE to second guess a man who constantly changes his opinions on a whim. The real question is what is America going to do about him? I have watched the U.S. media for months and all agree that Trump is a spineless, two-faced A-hole who would rather lie than tell the truth. Who would throw his own family under the train rather than risk judgement himself. "I can pardon anyone I like" and so he can but it doesn't mean they aren't guilty. Myself and the rest of the World wonder how long the U.S. will allow this horror show to go on.
HairlessApe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2017 2:33:27 PM
At 9/11/2017 8:10:13 AM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 9/10/2017 4:56:22 PM, HairlessApe wrote:

You obvious don't recognise sarcasm when you see it.

How is ANYONE to second guess a man who constantly changes his opinions on a whim. The real question is what is America going to do about him? I have watched the U.S. media for months and all agree that Trump is a spineless, two-faced A-hole who would rather lie than tell the truth. Who would throw his own family under the train rather than risk judgement himself. "I can pardon anyone I like" and so he can but it doesn't mean they aren't guilty. Myself and the rest of the World wonder how long the U.S. will allow this horror show to go on.

Holy sh1t, we agree! Sorry, I hear the exact type of nonsense from Dumpster lovers so I didn't recognize it as sarcasm.