Best economics books?

Makijaveli
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2017 12:51:09 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Hey,

I am a 1st year student on economy college(in europe) and well i m looking to "broaden" my knowledge. Basically i want to start learning some subjects besides uni but honestly i have no idea where to start from. Since my goal is to pursue finance, banks and buisness i am not quite sure should i only focus on that? I honestly want to understand each "field" of economics(trade, analysis etc).
What would you recommend me to do? What books should i start first? Should i focus on history first(Keynes first comes in mind).

Thanks so much!
TheMarketLibertarian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2017 7:22:47 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 9/8/2017 12:51:09 PM, Makijaveli wrote:
Hey,

I am a 1st year student on economy college(in europe) and well i m looking to "broaden" my knowledge. Basically i want to start learning some subjects besides uni but honestly i have no idea where to start from. Since my goal is to pursue finance, banks and buisness i am not quite sure should i only focus on that? I honestly want to understand each "field" of economics(trade, analysis etc).
What would you recommend me to do? What books should i start first? Should i focus on history first(Keynes first comes in mind).

If you want to learn Economics read Wealth of Nations before anything else- without that any other economics book will sound like a foreign language so to speak. You need to learn Chinese before you read a book in Chinese.

Thanks so much!
Sean_Daniel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2017 9:51:14 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
I second Wealth of Nations as an important start. Starting in the 19th century is probably best. The 20th begins a lot of oppositional positions, and without a basic understanding is bound to create more confusion, or false assumptions than good ones.

Read:
Kapital by Karl Marx (When you read Smith. They're in opposition to one another, so a good balance)

Then move onto Keynes, and Friedman.

Know this,

The notion that money originating out of barter is false! Debt systems came before currency. Currency as a result of quantified value of debt. (It's a patently false western view of economics which should not be continued!)

Best advice, always read the oppositions point of view.
SeriousThreat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2018 3:13:32 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
To get a glimpse to the investing world, you may start with the "Random walk down the wall street", will get you started in quite popular idea in investing world, that passive funds are way more better than active funds.

To get a glimpse, how globalization may benefit some countries, but not at all of them, read "23 secrets they do not tell you about capitalism"

To get a glimpse on financial markets & its instruments, and how it all led to the Great Recession of 2008, read "stress test" by Timothy Geithner"
Hookup_Apps
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2018 10:49:17 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
Looking for some tips to survive on your first date? Then you came to the right place.
Here, we provide you some dating advice and corny pickup lines for your very first date.So,go through it and make your first date perfect.

https://www.kiwibox.com...