buying stocks

kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2017 8:27:35 PM
Posted: 4 weeks ago
any of you do it?
I've messed around with a couple of the simulator web sights. There's so many books and stuff it's difficult to know what's good and what's b.s. Think I got one of those "dummy" guides to investing kind of books, was ok. Anyone have a suggestion for a good beginners stock investing book?
My 401k is managed I just pick my risk level basically. Thought it might be fun to take a little money and try it for real, it's very much like gambling lol
satoristudio
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2017 11:25:34 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 10/25/2017 8:27:35 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
any of you do it?
I've messed around with a couple of the simulator web sights. There's so many books and stuff it's difficult to know what's good and what's b.s. Think I got one of those "dummy" guides to investing kind of books, was ok. Anyone have a suggestion for a good beginners stock investing book?
My 401k is managed I just pick my risk level basically. Thought it might be fun to take a little money and try it for real, it's very much like gambling lol

The vast majority of stock trading is done by hyper-fast neural networks nowadays - I'd recommend buying an ETF instead and saving yourself the spent nerves.
Some reading on the topic:
https://www.wsj.com...
https://www.wsj.com...
WAM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2017 3:01:26 PM
Posted: 2 days ago
any of you do it?

I would suggest using Investopedia and its simulator (https://www.investopedia.com...). It allows you to trade in 15 minute delay with real stocks. It's good practice I guess. The books usually just tell you useless crap, and it really depends on how much you can spare, and your style.

Otherwise, as you said (depends on your investing style and how you do it), it's just like gambling. Don't invest anything in shares that you can't spare, there are other investment vehicles for those kind of things.

As said, depends on how much money you have to spare and your investment style.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2017 3:43:18 PM
Posted: 2 days ago
At 11/20/2017 3:01:26 PM, WAM wrote:
any of you do it?

I would suggest using Investopedia and its simulator (https://www.investopedia.com...). It allows you to trade in 15 minute delay with real stocks. It's good practice I guess. The books usually just tell you useless crap, and it really depends on how much you can spare, and your style.

Otherwise, as you said (depends on your investing style and how you do it), it's just like gambling. Don't invest anything in shares that you can't spare, there are other investment vehicles for those kind of things.

As said, depends on how much money you have to spare and your investment style.

I've used investopedia, it's fun. Bought AMD a while back, went over 400% but that was just luck, not like I really know what I'm doing lol Though I have been reading more. Even picked some of Cramer's picks just to see how they would do, nothing earth shattering, some did well, but it was old news by the time I looked them up etc, didn't actually watch the show.
I'm looking to maintain liquidity and earn some interest, savings accounts and money market accounts are almost zero, seems there's a better way.