Jump to topic:

Trump's impact of the US economy

WinterFlake8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 2:33:24 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
Hello everyone! As a European student I do not know much about what is going on in American economy and how does Donald Trump influence the whole situation. I know something about his plan of building a giant wall on the border with Mexico , but how exactly would that make a change in the overall economy? And do you know any other policies of great importance that will show results in economy? I would really be grateful for leaving an educational and interesting comment on this topic because I learned nothing reading newspaper articles.
brant.merrell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2017 4:01:50 PM
At 11/8/2017 2:33:24 PM, WinterFlake8 wrote:
Hello everyone! As a European student I do not know much about what is going on in American economy and how does Donald Trump influence the whole situation. I know something about his plan of building a giant wall on the border with Mexico , but how exactly would that make a change in the overall economy? And do you know any other policies of great importance that will show results in economy? I would really be grateful for leaving an educational and interesting comment on this topic because I learned nothing reading newspaper articles.

Nobody's really sure what policies Trump wants; most pundits would agree that it's because Trump doesn't know what he wants, he just knows he wants to be praised by the press.

Until he makes it clear what he wants, the decision makers with the strongest mixture of power, influence, and decisiveness are Speaker of the House Paul Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. Ryan has more power and influence over taxes and spending, McConnell has more power over appointments and international affairs. Both are republicans, and they are very disciplined at getting what they want without stepping on each other's toes. As far as can be seen by the public, Trump has only disagreed with them once, and those were just words - he ended up doing what they wanted, again because he probably doesn't know what he wants.

Neither Ryan nor McConnell are gonna go for a wall, and Trump hasn't thrown any fits about it. So the wall ain't gonna happen, it was just free publicity for Trump while he was trying to get elected.

For people living in the United States, the biggest impact of the Trump presidency will be that Paul Ryan gets the budget plan he's always wanted. Six years ago, his budget plan was too republican even for republicans. It slashes spending for everything, especially science, arts, welfare, and environmental protection. This will also probably come with tax cuts for people who make more than $200,000 / year.

For Europeans, the biggest impact of the Trump presidency will be that they can no longer predict what the United States will do during disputes with Russia . As long as Trump is in office, Europe needs to maintain positive relations with Trump to ensure he never takes Russia's side in a dispute. If Mueller's investigation proves that Trump and Putin illegally worked together to influence the 2016 election, Trump will be ousted, hostilities between the United States will be stronger than they've been since the Cold War, and Europe will need to try to avoid getting caught in the crossfire. Being in between the United States and Russia has never been simple, but it's extra complicated now.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2017 3:47:57 PM
At 11/8/2017 2:33:24 PM, WinterFlake8 wrote:

I dont think it would affect our economy that much. But the current rate of growth on a GDP level is about 3% right now. If this holds steady for 2018, it will be awesome.