Jump to topic:

Bitcoin!!!!!!

Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2017 9:29:01 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
I was wondering why no one on here has never mention Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is currently at 7744.98 US Dollar, and it just keeps on getting higher and higher.
People in this say it the future of currency So is it really? Or is it actually a Ponzi scheme. At this point government now want to get there hands on this, or at the very least watching this very closes.

Is this the wave of the future?
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2017 11:41:31 PM
At 11/16/2017 11:23:05 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
I believe the Chinese have refused to deal in any of the digital money markets.

They did like a month ago. But now open to it, just like other countries...
GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2017 11:51:38 PM
At 11/16/2017 11:41:31 PM, Nd2400 wrote:

I'm getting lazy in my old age. What you wrote is true, to a certain extent, as is my post. It seems our Chinese overlords-to-be have in fact banned international digital currency only because they are developing their own, sovereign, funny money. I must practice with my chopsticks.
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2017 1:05:45 AM
At 11/16/2017 11:51:38 PM, GrimlyF wrote:

I'm getting lazy in my old age. What you wrote is true, to a certain extent, as is my post. It seems our Chinese overlords-to-be have in fact banned international digital currency only because they are developing their own, sovereign, funny money. I must practice with my chopsticks.

If you have some time you might want to listen to this Documentary on Bitcoin.
Here is the link.
https://www.youtube.com...
GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2017 2:38:07 PM
At 11/17/2017 1:05:45 AM, Nd2400 wrote:

Here is the link.

What worth Bitcoins if the Chinese won't have them. Bitcoins will become the new "Esperanto ", lots of bombast til reality bites. The problem with money is that it can be manipulated. What would the World do if China decided to only trade in Euro's?. What would happen to the U.S. dollar? That 1/2 a trillion in gold reserves wouldn't last long, would it?.
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2017 3:11:56 PM
At 11/17/2017 2:38:07 PM, GrimlyF wrote:

Here is the link.

What worth Bitcoins if the Chinese won't have them. Bitcoins will become the new "Esperanto ", lots of bombast til reality bites. The problem with money is that it can be manipulated. What would the World do if China decided to only trade in Euro's?. What would happen to the U.S. dollar? That 1/2 a trillion in gold reserves wouldn't last long, would it?.

This is the difficult part of it, trying to or being in a new currency. And that what bitcoin is trying to do.

I know last month china actually when as far as to cancel bitcoin transactions and some other things. So you would think this would bring bitcoin down. And it did, but only the first few days then it got back to being stable and then even gone up. So, after a couple of weeks or so china decide to do business with bitcoin again. China was testing bitcoin to see if it can last. And it did.
This plan a important part because china have they own goals of trying to bring there own currency in the market system and challenge the US dollar. China have huge steaks in this. Trying to pull the middle east off the US dollar to go with cryptocurrency and digital payment.

So, the government in other countries including the US would want to regulate bitcoin and try to control it. So, what bitcoin is doing and what they already accomplish. Is pretty stunning all by it self.

This is pretty fascinating to see where this goes from here....
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2017 3:58:02 PM

Bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme, that is why you don't hear about it in the main stream.

The only people who use Bitcoin are scammers and hackers
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2017 4:44:44 PM
At 11/17/2017 3:58:02 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme, that is why you don't hear about it in the main stream.

The only people who use Bitcoin are scammers and hackers

Not so much anymore... Trades are finally getting involved, governments now what a piece of this pie. It talks of this going mainstream.
GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2017 10:12:10 PM
At 11/17/2017 3:11:56 PM, Nd2400 wrote:

Here is the link.

This is the difficult part of it, trying to or being in a new currency. And that what bitcoin is trying to do.

I know last month china actually when as far as to cancel bitcoin transactions and some other things. So you would think this would bring bitcoin down. And it did, but only the first few days then it got back to being stable and then even gone up. So, after a couple of weeks or so china decide to do business with bitcoin again. China was testing bitcoin to see if it can last. And it did.
This plan a important part because china have they own goals of trying to bring there own currency in the market system and challenge the US dollar. China have huge steaks in this. Trying to pull the middle east off the US dollar to go with cryptocurrency and digital payment.

So, the government in other countries including the US would want to regulate bitcoin and try to control it. So, what bitcoin is doing and what they already accomplish. Is pretty stunning all by it self.

There in lies the trouble with Bitcoin et al. There is, as yet, no control on the actual value because no country will adopt it as a main currency. It is, like Art or Diamonds, worth exactly what people will pay for one or a thousand. When the Chinese get their's up and running it will be a different story. With a country as powerful as China backing it a digital currency will become paramount in the market. The Bitcoin will be a Euro against a Dollar.
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2017 12:13:12 AM
At 11/17/2017 10:12:10 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
At 11/17/2017 3:11:56 PM, Nd2400 wrote:

Here is the link.

There in lies the trouble with Bitcoin et al. There is, as yet, no control on the actual value because no country will adopt it as a main currency. It is, like Art or Diamonds, worth exactly what people will pay for one or a thousand. When the Chinese get their's up and running it will be a different story. With a country as powerful as China backing it a digital currency will become paramount in the market. The Bitcoin will be a Euro against a Dollar.

Yeah, you have a point bitcoin will be very hard to regulate it. It will continue to go up very high or low in matters of hours. So it will be tricky. But if a economy like china adopt this new form of currency then bitcoin will truly have lifted off. But it will still be some time for this to happen.

Just wish i was more mindful about this 7 to 5 years ago. LoL

I actually do think cryptocurrency and any form of digital payment is the future. It just one problem the government would want that piece of the cake. And have some kind of control like they do with the banks and other section of the economy...
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2017 1:42:39 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
I starting to believe bitcoin is for real. This could be the future of transactions. Bitcoin is going up and up. I don't see much stoping it. If you think bitcoin is just a bubble, well you might be right about that too. But isn't everything a bubble? Look at the stock market, bonds, the housing market, the automobile market. All of these are bubble as well.

If you want to learn more about it here are some YouTube videos...

https://youtu.be...

https://youtu.be...
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2017 8:30:27 AM
At 11/16/2017 9:29:01 PM, Nd2400 wrote:
Bitcoin is currently at 7744.98 US Dollar, and it just keeps on getting higher and higher.
People in this say it the future of currency So is it really? Or is it actually a Ponzi scheme. At this point government now want to get there hands on this, or at the very least watching this very closes.

- Had the chance to get some when it was at $125, regret that!
Current Debates:

Freedom Of Religion: Secular Law/Society Vs. Islamic Law/Society :
* http://www.debate.org...

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) Is Infallible :
* http://www.debate.org...
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2017 3:04:04 PM
At 11/22/2017 8:30:27 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 11/16/2017 9:29:01 PM, Nd2400 wrote:

- Had the chance to get some when it was at $125, regret that!

Yea i know the feeling. Been watching bitcoin prices for years. And yet never made the move.

Either though it not over yet. Meaning there still money to be made on bitcoin....
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2017 3:28:49 PM
At 11/27/2017 3:21:38 PM, hotnicey wrote:
I think Bitcoin is a ponzi scheme, just like a bubble it'll soon crash out. This is my standpoint.

The housing market, the automobile market, bonds, the stock markets all have bubbles. Bitcoin continues to increase in value, and more and more retailers and other business are bow accepting bitcoin.

So, why do you think bitcoin is a ponzi scheme?
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2017 10:22:13 AM
At 11/28/2017 9:35:51 AM, sarahanderson wrote:
Nice Post is this and I like it very much.CBS All Access Promo Code

Thanks....so what are your thoughts on Bitcoin?
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2017 7:36:57 AM
At 11/27/2017 3:28:49 PM, Nd2400 wrote:
I think Bitcoin is a ponzi scheme, just like a bubble it'll soon crash out. This is my standpoint.

The housing market, the automobile market, bonds, the stock markets all have bubbles. Bitcoin continues to increase in value, and more and more retailers and other business are bow accepting bitcoin.

My computer did some calculations: pay me.

In the 'bubbles' you previously mentioned, the perceived value went down, but you still have a real input or property to something. Stocks still grant share holders a vote, and potential dividends, automobiles still drive no matter what the market, housing is still shelter even if its value dropped from a million to a buck, you still have something durable.

Bit coin, you don't.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2017 8:12:52 AM
At 11/29/2017 7:36:57 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 11/27/2017 3:28:49 PM, Nd2400 wrote:

In the 'bubbles' you previously mentioned, the perceived value went down, but you still have a real input or property to something. Stocks still grant share holders a vote, and potential dividends, automobiles still drive no matter what the market, housing is still shelter even if its value dropped from a million to a buck, you still have something durable.

Bit coin, you don't.

And how about gold? There is comparable, values in bitcoin and gold.

Plus the facts is bitcoin, could be the new way of transaction, faster than the banks, and a western union. So, are you completely positive bitcoin has no value? Why is it keep going up. Why has it lasted even 8 years already?
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2017 8:21:59 AM

Bit coin, you don't.

Value, sure, but not in substance. At the end of the day with gold, you still have a malleable shiny relatively soft non-corrosive material that can be used to plate parts to prevent corrosion, be used in computers, fashioned into jewelry, etc.

Plus the facts is bitcoin, could be the new way of transaction, faster than the banks, and a western union.

It could be, sure. But what IS a bit coin? While I agree that some fiat currency has limitations in terms of tangibility, there is a measured scale of operations. Bitcoin doesn't have that, literally, its self perpetuating, you get more bit coin by figuring out whom has more bit coin, and used bit coin.

So, are you completely positive bitcoin has no value? Why is it keep going up. Why has it lasted even 8 years already?

Internet explorer has been around for 25, I still can't see the value in it. All jokes aside, the people most inclined to use it are those whom specifically don't want attention. It keeps going up because that is how bit coin works, those mining bit coins are the ones tracking bit coin, which in turn rewards you with more bit coin.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2017 10:45:31 AM
At 11/29/2017 8:21:59 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Bit coin, you don't.

Value, sure, but not in substance. At the end of the day with gold, you still have a malleable shiny relatively soft non-corrosive material that can be used to plate parts to prevent corrosion, be used in computers, fashioned into jewelry, etc.

Plus the facts is bitcoin, could be the new way of transaction, faster than the banks, and a western union.

It could be, sure. But what IS a bit coin? While I agree that some fiat currency has limitations in terms of tangibility, there is a measured scale of operations. Bitcoin doesn't have that, literally, its self perpetuating, you get more bit coin by figuring out whom has more bit coin, and used bit coin.

So, are you completely positive bitcoin has no value? Why is it keep going up. Why has it lasted even 8 years already?

Internet explorer has been around for 25, I still can't see the value in it. All jokes aside, the people most inclined to use it are those whom specifically don't want attention. It keeps going up because that is how bit coin works, those mining bit coins are the ones tracking bit coin, which in turn rewards you with more bit coins.

While i do agree that bit coin has a some what questionable intrinsic value it will eventually be a common fiat currency. The current value is a reflection of its future worth- it
Is akin to a credit card.
PointyDelta
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2017 10:11:38 AM
At 11/29/2017 10:45:31 AM, Nd2400 wrote:

Bit coin, you don't.

Internet explorer has been around for 25, I still can't see the value in it. All jokes aside, the people most inclined to use it are those whom specifically don't want attention. It keeps going up because that is how bit coin works, those mining bit coins are the ones tracking bit coin, which in turn rewards you with more bit coins.

While i do agree that bit coin has a some what questionable intrinsic value it will eventually be a common fiat currency. The current value is a reflection of its future worth- it

No, it isn't. It has no intrinsic future worth. Stop.
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2017 2:42:37 PM
At 12/3/2017 10:11:38 AM, PointyDelta wrote:

Bit coin, you don't.

And what if one day from now it does? What then?
PointyDelta
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2017 3:24:46 PM
At 12/3/2017 2:42:37 PM, Nd2400 wrote:

Bit coin, you don't.

I didn't destroy you in our debate for nothing, mate. The value, not price, the value, of bitcoin is predicated upon being able to sell it on to extract that value.
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2017 3:36:41 PM
At 12/3/2017 3:24:46 PM, PointyDelta wrote:
At 12/3/2017 2:42:37 PM, Nd2400 wrote:

Bit coin, you don't.

I didn't destroy you in our debate for nothing, mate. The value, not price, the value, of bitcoin is predicated upon being able to sell it on to extract that value.

Okay first of all you didnt destroy anything. Its still a tie and it will probably remain a tie. You can still buy things from bitcoin. Sure it might be a little hard because it not universal accept Yet. I probably should had compare bitcoin to gold. It just i didnt. But either way i think its a tie debate.
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2017 10:11:33 PM
At the end of the day, Bitcoin has 13450.00 US Dollar
It opens at $11,696.06.

JP Morgan now backing Bitcoin.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk...

https://cointelegraph.com...

Is anything going to stop Bitcoin????
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2017 8:20:53 AM
At 12/6/2017 10:11:33 PM, Nd2400 wrote:
It opens at $11,696.06.

Personally, I'd invest to things that are more unknown. Bitcoin is starting to become too mainstream. The people who got the maximum investments out of Bitcoin are those who invested years ago when only a few knew about bitcoin. I still think Bitcoin is a good investment still, but at its current state the right amount to invest is the money you are willing to lose.

If everyone is doing the same thing to get rich, no one will get rich.
Baby, you're the highlight of my lowlife

Favorite Debate:
Muhammad Drawing Contest
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2017 11:03:32 AM
At 12/9/2017 8:20:53 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 12/6/2017 10:11:33 PM, Nd2400 wrote:
It opens at $11,696.06.

Personally, I'd invest to things that are more unknown. Bitcoin is starting to become too mainstream. The people who got the maximum investments out of Bitcoin are those who invested years ago when only a few knew about bitcoin. I still think Bitcoin is a good investment still, but at its current state the right amount to invest is the money you are willing to lose.

If everyone is doing the same thing to get rich, no one will get rich.

What you said is completely true... The get rich money was investing years ago. But you can still make a good profit from bitcoin, if you invest now. All it will do is go way more up before it stabilize, or go right back down. Sometimes it could be to much of a good thing.

But i think this run of bitcoin been pretty amazing. Be interesting to see how high it get now. Will it get to 100,000. Currently at 15,552.0.