Dollar Scarcity

hotnicey
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2017 1:41:19 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Hello Community,

U.S dollar is the most important unit in the international market and is widely pegged to other currencies.

That been the case, what happens if an economy is facing the dilemma of dollar scarcity? What are the policies the CB can implement to rectify the problem?
Thanks
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2017 6:57:33 PM
At 1/6/2017 1:41:19 PM, hotnicey wrote:
Hello Community,

U.S dollar is the most important unit in the international market and is widely pegged to other currencies.

That been the case, what happens if an economy is facing the dilemma of dollar scarcity? What are the policies the CB can implement to rectify the problem?
Thanks

Simple print more money at Fort Knox
oguerreyes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2017 8:31:26 PM
At 1/10/2017 6:57:33 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Hello Community,

Thanks

Are you kidding ? What about the inflation rate? if you print more money all the prices into the economy will rise up.
oguerreyes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2017 8:58:22 PM
Hello Community,

Thanks

From my point of view, one of the possible solution could be the interest rate. If you want to have more dollars ( higer level of liquidity) you need to drop down thwe interest rate. If the Iterest rate is reduced investors will look for aother alternative investments giving then more profit. In this case they will invest the money to finance the companies production an commercial activities. This coul be one way to have more dollars without increasing the monetary mass.
dc0404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2017 3:14:35 AM
At 1/10/2017 8:58:22 PM, oguerreyes wrote:
Hello Community,

Thanks

From my point of view, one of the possible solution could be the interest rate. If you want to have more dollars ( higer level of liquidity) you need to drop down thwe interest rate. If the Iterest rate is reduced investors will look for aother alternative investments giving then more profit. In this case they will invest the money to finance the companies production an commercial activities. This coul be one way to have more dollars without increasing the monetary mass.

None of these are good ideas, but that is still what the Fed does, but they have proven inept. What needs to happen is the Fed needs to suck dollars back out of the system, and then let interest rates rise, like they normally would. Then the economy will right itself, but it will come with pain, an extremely hard dose of medicine before the economy is back to full health. Wages will fall, people will start to save, debt will be paid off and our defaulted/BKd, and America will get back into the business of making things again. This should have been done far earlier. It will happen eventually anyway, but the longer the Fed refuses to do this, the worse the coming crash (or dose of medicine) will be. America is bankrupt, and now it needs to officially file for bankruptcy and then restructure. Any growth we see is not real. Even the growth we saw leading up to the 2008 crash was not real. It was "leveraged growth" from borrowing, individuals, corporations, and the government.

DC
Welfare-Worker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2017 4:18:16 PM
At 1/12/2017 3:14:35 AM, dc0404 wrote:
Hello Community,

Thanks

None of these are good ideas, but that is still what the Fed does, but they have proven inept. What needs to happen is the Fed needs to suck dollars back out of the system, and then let interest rates rise, like they normally would. Then the economy will right itself, but it will come with pain, an extremely hard dose of medicine before the economy is back to full health. Wages will fall, people will start to save, debt will be paid off and our defaulted/BKd, and America will get back into the business of making things again. This should have been done far earlier. It will happen eventually anyway, but the longer the Fed refuses to do this, the worse the coming crash (or dose of medicine) will be. America is bankrupt, and now it needs to officially file for bankruptcy and then restructure.
So, do you mean tell all creditors they will not be getting their money?
Tell all treasury bond holders to pitch them, as they are worthless?
Tell China and Japan they won't be getting their money?
Maybe stop all federal pensions?
Maybe settle for 50 cents on the dollar?
What's the plan?

Any growth we see is not real. Even the growth we saw leading up to the 2008 crash was not real. It was "leveraged growth" from borrowing, individuals, corporations, and the government.

DC
dc0404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2017 12:48:02 AM
At 1/16/2017 4:18:16 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 1/12/2017 3:14:35 AM, dc0404 wrote:
Hello Community,

Thanks

None of these are good ideas, but that is still what the Fed does, but they have proven inept. What needs to happen is the Fed needs to suck dollars back out of the system, and then let interest rates rise, like they normally would. Then the economy will right itself, but it will come with pain, an extremely hard dose of medicine before the economy is back to full health. Wages will fall, people will start to save, debt will be paid off and our defaulted/BKd, and America will get back into the business of making things again. This should have been done far earlier. It will happen eventually anyway, but the longer the Fed refuses to do this, the worse the coming crash (or dose of medicine) will be. America is bankrupt, and now it needs to officially file for bankruptcy and then restructure.
So, do you mean tell all creditors they will not be getting their money?
Tell all treasury bond holders to pitch them, as they are worthless?
Tell China and Japan they won't be getting their money?
Maybe stop all federal pensions?
Maybe settle for 50 cents on the dollar?
What's the plan?

WW, that is the plan, you just don't like it, or maybe you missed it. It really is a better plan than what the politicians and Fed are doing, again you just don't like it. A chapter 11 BK is an approach that is a "restructuring" of the debt owed, so specifically to answer your questions, 1) creditors would get something less under the restructuring, 2) treasury bond holders are making a huge gamble if they buy more of the US debt (which is what a bond is) and they should look to liquidate while they still can before you and others are "restructured" 3) again, China and Japan will get something less then what is owed under chapter 11, 4) Same, all federal pensions will be restructured as well since this is part of the US debt and they will claim it under a chapter 11, 5) yes, perhaps 50 cents on the dollar, more maybe, less maybe, under a chapter 11 it is negotiable, 6) I gave you the plan, but you don't like it, no one does.

However, you cannot come up with a better plan, that I am sure of. This is not my plan, it is the plan of smarter people than I.

DC
ken1122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2017 5:04:45 AM
At 1/10/2017 8:31:26 PM, oguerreyes wrote:
Hello Community,

Thanks

Are you kidding ? What about the inflation rate? if you print more money all the prices into the economy will rise up.

There is a very thick line between printing up too much currency, and a allowing it to become scarce. The solution would be to print up just enough money so it is no longer scarce.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2017 4:31:45 AM
At 1/17/2017 5:04:45 AM, ken1122 wrote:
Hello Community,

Thanks

There is a very thick line between printing up too much currency, and a allowing it to become scarce. The solution would be to print up just enough money so it is no longer scarce.

And how do we track that? And what metric is used to determine if money is too scarce or over-printed and risking inflation?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ken1122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2017 5:43:52 AM
At 1/18/2017 4:31:45 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
Hello Community,

Thanks

And how do we track that? And what metric is used to determine if money is too scarce or over-printed and risking inflation?

As the economy grows, the amount of money used in that economy should grow as well.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2017 2:26:28 PM
At 1/18/2017 5:43:52 AM, ken1122 wrote:
Hello Community,

Thanks

As the economy grows, the amount of money used in that economy should grow as well.

Of course. When did I ever dispute that?
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ken1122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 2:53:31 AM
At 1/18/2017 2:26:28 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
Hello Community,

Thanks

You didn't dispute anything, you asked a question; I gave you an answer.

Ken
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 1:58:34 PM
At 1/19/2017 2:53:31 AM, ken1122 wrote:
Hello Community,

Thanks

Ken

But how can we measure that?
ken1122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 7:35:04 PM
At 1/19/2017 1:58:34 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 1/19/2017 2:53:31 AM, ken1122 wrote:
Hello Community,

Thanks

Ken

But how can we measure that?

You add the US Consumption + Government Expenditures + Investments + Exports + Foreign Production by U.S. Companies and you subtract Domestic Production by Foreign Companies, you do that and you get the value of all goods and services produced in the United States.
John_C_1812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2017 2:26:29 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Hello Community,

Thanks

There is a question that needs to be answered.
How is the dollar defined as exchange? A dollar has a serial number that marks it as Independent. At what point do acts of plagiarism, though only publicly viewed as wrong, but not illegal become acts of counterfeiting when currency of Note is involved.
To follow general rules of Cite any dollar that cannot be cited by a source, in this case would be a Serial number on a Federal Reserve Note. This cross referencing could then in fact be guideline to not only counterfeiting it outlines fraud depending on how it is cited.
The point is to understand the serial number to note radio. In an Ideal economic environment a record of some kind would link low value cited dollar"s to another note much higher value note. As the Federal Reserve Note under an Axiom has a self-regulating power keeping it cost effective.
Welfare-Worker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2017 4:39:27 PM
At 1/20/2017 2:26:29 PM, John_C_1812 wrote:
Hello Community,

Thanks

How is the dollar defined as exchange? A dollar has a serial number that marks it as Independent. At what point do acts of plagiarism, though only publicly viewed as wrong, but not illegal become acts of counterfeiting when currency of Note is involved.
To follow general rules of Cite any dollar that cannot be cited by a source, in this case would be a Serial number on a Federal Reserve Note. This cross referencing could then in fact be guideline to not only counterfeiting it outlines fraud depending on how it is cited.
The point is to understand the serial number to note radio. In an Ideal economic environment a record of some kind would link low value cited dollar"s to another note much higher value note. As the Federal Reserve Note under an Axiom has a self-regulating power keeping it cost effective.

When the Fed gives a bank $10 million to lend out, it is "printing money".
The bank then transfers these electronic symbols to a borrower, who uses it to build a factory, by transferring these same electronic symbols to wholesale suppliers, labor contractors, government authorites, etc.
Ten million dollars created, spent, and not a greenback held, folded, transferred.
Not a single serial number created.
It has been defined by its spending power.
It has been defined by ones and zeros.
So, have I answered your question?
John_C_1812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2017 5:09:45 PM
At 1/20/2017 4:39:27 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
Hello Community,

Thanks

The bank then transfers these electronic symbols to a borrower, who uses it to build a factory, by transferring these same electronic symbols to wholesale suppliers, labor contractors, government authorities, etc.
Ten million dollars created, spent, and not a greenback held, folded, transferred.

The Federal Reserve Does not give the money it is assigned.
Money often borrowed is placed against values held outside its serial number from the 10 Million assigned to the banks. Notes can be created outside the Federal Reserve Banking system, which have no serial number as property values are claimed publicly to rise in cost and private stimuli. Digital printed money with no serial number of security or authenticity is created at this point.
Unless a digital symbol of note has the cited printed security serial number held in tangible way to the dollar, there has not been an "official transfer" of note ever taking place. It is an unofficial transfer with no security.
It is unclear if the question is understood. The answer given is only describing a power that relates to a counterfeiting dollar. Used by discretion of power by cost of spending power the digital version does not hold. Not the Federal Reserve"s transferable power of National and global Security serial number.
Welfare-Worker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2017 7:25:55 PM
At 1/20/2017 5:09:45 PM, John_C_1812 wrote:
At 1/20/2017 4:39:27 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
Hello Community,

Thanks

The bank then transfers these electronic symbols to a borrower, who uses it to build a factory, by transferring these same electronic symbols to wholesale suppliers, labor contractors, government authorities, etc.

The money it "is assigned".
What do you mean by that?
Who assigns money to the Fed?

Money often borrowed is placed against values held outside its serial number from the 10 Million assigned to the banks. Notes can be created outside the Federal Reserve Banking system, which have no serial number as property values are claimed publicly to rise in cost and private stimuli. Digital printed money with no serial number of security or authenticity is created at this point.
Unless a digital symbol of note has the cited printed security serial number held in tangible way to the dollar, there has not been an "official transfer" of note ever taking place. It is an unofficial transfer with no security.
It is unclear if the question is understood. The answer given is only describing a power that relates to a counterfeiting dollar. Used by discretion of power by cost of spending power the digital version does not hold. Not the Federal Reserve"s transferable power of National and global Security serial number.
John_C_1812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2017 8:39:57 PM

The money is assigned what does that mean?
When a Federal Reserve Note is assigned to a Bank. The Paper note with the serial number is a receipt for the security value that note holds publicly.
The Serial number is still held by the Federal Reserve so the Federal Note is then just transferable receipt in the public. This way the Public can make a determination on the cost of paying public debt. The Note is "Cited" by the Federal Reserve Bank on leaving its possession.
Welfare-Worker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2017 9:10:51 PM
At 1/20/2017 8:39:57 PM, John_C_1812 wrote:

The money is assigned what does that mean?
When a Federal Reserve Note is assigned to a Bank. The Paper note with the serial number is a receipt for the security value that note holds publicly.
The Serial number is still held by the Federal Reserve so the Federal Note is then just transferable receipt in the public. This way the Public can make a determination on the cost of paying public debt. The Note is "Cited" by the Federal Reserve Bank on leaving its possession.

Okay.
Currency is a special kind of money.
When money has serial numbers it is currency.
The Fed does not have the authority to "print money". It gets currency from the Treasury.
The Fed can create money (not currency) by buying securities from a bank. It just creates deposits at the bank, in exchange for the securities that the bank created in response to the Fed.
One day no money, the next day the bank has $10 million and forfeited no assets to get it. They just created some securities.
Some people refer to this as the Fed printing money.
No currency involved.
Yes on creation and yes on money.
John_C_1812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2017 10:34:59 PM
"No all Currency is a special kind of money." - Currency is a specific location marker of money.

"When money has a serial number it is currency." Currencies can hold identical serial numbers "Cite" limited directly to the type and quantity of currencies. A series of Federal Reserve Notes cannot share one serial number. Only currencies of an independent regions.

The Federal Reserve is only getting the treasury to issue a public receipt in the form of legal tender, a Security Note that is used neutral publicly to pay public debt. The issue of public receipt of spending has a cost pre-set by self-regulation.

Currency is a basic principle that describes the receipt of a security type, of a general area in the world. By Saying "buying securities" are you describing the process of the Federal Reserve in acquiring the written documentation records of privately held debt?

The treasury prints the Receipts from the Federal Reserve Bank
Hamilton, Washington and Jefferson. Addressed legislation in relationship to the Federal banking system United States Constitution 1791.
http://www.pbs.org...
Jeb1000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2017 2:15:34 AM
, what happens if an economy is facing the dilemma of dollar scarcity?

You have not defined what a dollar scarcity is. We all suffer from a dollar scarcity don't we? Mostly you would tell them to sell more stuff to America to get dollars. They could print money and exchange it for dollars or get loans from investors or world bank etc.
Welfare-Worker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2017 2:25:50 AM
At 1/20/2017 10:34:59 PM, John_C_1812 wrote:
"No all Currency is a special kind of money." - Currency is a specific location marker of money.

Currency can be exchanged for goods or services.
That makes it money. All currency is money.

"When money has a serial number it is currency." Currencies can hold identical serial numbers "Cite" limited directly to the type and quantity of currencies. A series of Federal Reserve Notes cannot share one serial number. Only currencies of an independent regions.
When money has a serial number it is, in all probability, currency.

The Federal Reserve is only getting the treasury to issue a public receipt in the form of legal tender, a Security Note that is used neutral publicly to pay public debt. The issue of public receipt of spending has a cost pre-set by self-regulation.

Currency is a basic principle that describes the receipt of a security type, of a general area in the world. By Saying "buying securities" are you describing the process of the Federal Reserve in acquiring the written documentation records of privately held debt?

The Fed wants to put money in circulation.
They do this by giving money to central banks.
In exchange, the CB gives the Fed securities, a way of recording the transaction, which is a low interest loan, often below prime.

Hamilton, Washington and Jefferson. Addressed legislation in relationship to the Federal banking system United States Constitution 1791.
John_C_1812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2017 5:31:40 AM

In exchange, the CB gives the Fed securities, a way of recording the transaction, which is a low interest loan, often below prime.

For the most part currency is money. There are a few places currency is live stock. Serial numbers make the currency secure so if a chicken runs off and lays eggs next door. You can get the chicken back with the serial number, by showing your serial numbers and giving your neighbor an egg or two for the inconvenience.

The Federal Reserve Bank puts out receipts for governing debt. It just so happens that the receipt could have also been for prosperity purchased under liberty provided by Judicial Constitutional Separation. But the one manufacture of impartial judicial separation decided to go in to business selling something else?

Low interest loans make the process sound like a loan shark at work, the precedent, and taxation could have paid, taxation should have paid for the receipts given out, hence the new term bail out with the soft touch of said "loan." But, really is just the bill for the receipts on dept. Keep in mind banks are insured by the Federal Reserve Bank. While the axiom of the Federal Note could have been expanded to reduce cost to the taxpayer by Congress directly after the War.
Welfare-Worker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2017 11:10:45 AM
At 1/21/2017 5:31:40 AM, John_C_1812 wrote:

For the most part currency is money. There are a few places currency is live stock. Serial numbers make the currency secure so if a chicken runs off and lays eggs next door. You can get the chicken back with the serial number, by showing your serial numbers and giving youor neighbor an egg or two for the inconvenience.

So now the influence of the Fed extends to Outer Patagonia, Timbuktu, and points west.
No doubt they will be transferring a brood of Sumantas to the CB in Philly this month.
You forgot to mention that Hemp is (was) currency. Home growers will be able to use plants stripped of foliage and flowers to pay their taxes in April, I suppose.
All of which only bolsters my claim that ALL currency is money.
When currency is live stock, live stock is money.
When tobacco or hemp is currency it is money.
When sea shells are currency it is money.
When pieces of paper engraved with images of dead presidents are currency, it is money.

The Federal Reserve Bank puts out receipts for governing debt. It just so happens that the receipt could have also been for prosperity purchased under liberty provided by Judicial Constitutional Separation. But the one manufacture of impartial judicial separation decided to go in to business selling something else?

Low interest loans make the process sound like a loan shark at work, the precedent, and taxation could have paid, taxation should have paid for the receipts given out, hence the new term bail out with the soft touch of said "loan." But, really is just the bill for the receipts on dept. Keep in mind banks are insured by the Federal Reserve Bank. While the axiom of the Federal Note could have been expanded to reduce cost to the taxpayer by Congress directly after the War.
John_C_1812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2017 3:03:40 PM
So now the influence of the Fed extends to Outer Patagonia, Timbuktu, and points west.
No doubt they will be transferring a brood of Sumantas to the CB in Philly this month.
You forgot to mention that Hemp is (was) currency. Home growers will be able to use plants stripped of foliage and flowers to pay their taxes in April, I suppose.
All of which only bolsters my claim that ALL currency is money.
When currency is live stock, live stock is money.
When tobacco or hemp is currency it is money.
When sea shells are currency it is money.
When pieces of paper engraved with images of dead presidents are currency, it is money.

"So now the influence of the Fed extends to Outer Patagonia, Timbuktu and points west."

No currency is describing all means of capital transfer. Money is describing a form of self-regulating receipt of value. The problem occurs as a Note then is also self-regulating and the receipt can have a second value as a proof of purchase. Hard to believe that that never was seen or picked up by the retail industry.

So, even though a group of people can come up with an idea like plagiarizing a note with the use of some fixed equations, at some point the plagiarism becomes an intellectual form of counterfeiting, and a receipt is need by the Fed. In the form of serial numbers In order to legalize it.

The problem is that along this path the impartial non-bias product the Fed note represented, has been compromised and cost for the new serial numbers is added to the system. So clarification is in order. When does plagiarism become counterfeiting. Is there, or is there not legal legislation that counterfeiting is publicly possible.
dc0404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2017 3:27:15 PM
At 1/21/2017 2:15:34 AM, Jeb1000 wrote:
, what happens if an economy is facing the dilemma of dollar scarcity?

You have not defined what a dollar scarcity is. We all suffer from a dollar scarcity don't we? Mostly you would tell them to sell more stuff to America to get dollars. They could print money and exchange it for dollars or get loans from investors or world bank etc.

We do not "necessarily" suffer if there was dollar scarcity. A good plan today would be to make dollars more scarce, in other words, there needs to be less dollars in the system than there currently is. If the dollars were to become more scarce by the Fed pulling dollars out of the system, this would create a deflationary affect on goods and services and would also strengthen the dollar in that it would go further and would buy more. I am not saying it would necessarily be a Net 0, but the deflation on goods and services would be a natural offset if dollars became more scarce.

DC
John_C_1812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2017 5:32:33 AM

We do not "necessarily" suffer if there was dollar scarcity. A good plan today would be to make dollars more scarce, in other words, there needs to be less dollars in the system than there currently is. If the dollars were to become more scarce by the Fed pulling dollars out of the system, this would create a deflationary affect on goods and services and would also strengthen the dollar in that it would go further and would buy more. I am not saying it would necessarily be a Net 0, but the deflation on goods and services would be a natural offset if dollars became more scarce.

DC

If that is true then why was the great depression note to start with the inability of a banks to meet simple demands of the Federal Reserve Note as receipt to payment after the disproportional use of the roaring 20"s?

What was the reasoning behind the economic recession note to have started when drop in use of the penny?

The goal is to shift the axiom, the dollar looks like money but is a receipt. It plays a role economically in its relationship to not only War dept. judicial separation and services.
By creating shortfall isn"t this just a choking measure and not governing. The Federal Notes are receipts to debt they can be legally demanded publicly as an impartial separation under all collection of taxation.
John_C_1812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2017 5:39:51 PM

We do not "necessarily" suffer if there was dollar scarcity.

DC

"We do not "necessarily" suffer if there was a dollar scarcity."

This is a claim holding a rather simplistic hope/belief that the Federal Reserve Note is not self-regulation, not a legal "Note" of receipt, to public Debt, by TRUST a form of savings not faith. It treats Dollars like Gold under a false assumption that the Gold Standard was abandoned. Not an Understanding gold simply could no longer establish any self-regulation on its own behalf. Therefore could not expect to do so on behalf of anyone else. No matter how it is held public or private.