Jump to topic:

How to change the out dated school system

HenryFlynn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2017 6:36:39 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Having a support system in a school is ideal. Since most of the time students are in school.
Assignment Writers UK
sienawilliam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2017 12:29:01 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Click on:- Online Assignment Writing Help Service
Dissertation writing services
Essay help online services
TheGhostOfCivilization
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2017 10:23:58 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
There are several serious problems with the American public education system that I observed through my experience going through it.

First of all, public education is seriously underfunded which is certainly no news to the general public. And schools seem to spend the little money they receive on things such as new security cameras and their sports teams rather than important things like new textbooks, supplies and the infrastructure of the building. To correct this issue, schools need to be given more money and they must be required to put the money to good use.

Second, schools teach one to conform and follow the heard no matter what the heard is doing and who it is following. And the lessons/curriculum we were taught almost always favored the left wing's ideologies and viewpoints and opposed those of the right wing. There shouldn't be any political bias in what students are taught. They teach students that our leaders are always correct, the media is always correct, and that the law is always correct as well. Anybody who hasn't been brainwashed by them and has a brain larger than a baseball knows this isn't true.

Third, they teach that we must never offend anybody no matter what. I'm glad that they teach students not to bully others, but this is very different. They teach us that political correctness tramps both common sense and fact, which is dangerous territory. Remember that political correctness is "tyranny with manners" and that any restriction of non-threatening and non-danger-creating speech is tyranny as well.

Fourth, they are never in the moment, never in the present. They're obsessed with what's down the road instead of what we need now to succeed and move on. This often resulted in the work being too difficult for our grade level and the pace being too fast as well. It's ok if you're preparing us for college but if we can't pass high school then that won't matter. It was never about doing what we needed to do at the moment to succeed, we had to figure it out ourselves which was an unneeded constraint.

Fifth and the final main issue, they assume that everybody learns the same way and can succeed with the same amount of time and materials. This describes itself. No two people are are psychologically identical (despite the school system trying to make everybody psychologically identical) and therefore there needs to be many different ways to complete the same assignment. Students need to be encouraged to be creative as well, something that the school system shuns (except for sometimes in art classes).

There's a lot that needs to be changed, but first, we need to change how we view education's role in our society.
-TheGhostOfCivilization
michaelgordon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2017 10:35:12 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Thanks for sharing it but I would prefer GoAssignmentHelp for Assignment help Australia. I have used their services several times and I got great grades in my academics.