Jump to topic:

Should have been a teacher

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 8:25:28 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
I totally missed my calling, I should have been a teacher. What other profession can you have the whole summer off, a week off for March break, 2 weeks off for Christmas, PA day every month on top of all the other holidays the rest of us laborers get.

Man I chose the wrong profession.
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2016 3:50:23 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 11/23/2016 8:25:28 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
I totally missed my calling, I should have been a teacher. What other profession can you have the whole summer off, a week off for March break, 2 weeks off for Christmas, PA day every month on top of all the other holidays the rest of us laborers get.

What profession did you choose?
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2016 9:53:12 PM
Posted: 3 months ago

If that's your reasoning, you didn't miss your calling.

Also, a hobo would fit the bill.
Ultimate Authority

Danielle is a poopy turd. Also, she smells.
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2016 9:10:44 PM
Posted: 2 months ago

Actually all summer you come up with your lesson plans for the next semester.
jesus loves you

DDO's Sentinal
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2017 2:53:50 PM

Wow what a novel idea, let me sit in my back yard all summer coming up with lessons plans. All those PA days and March break and 3 weeks over Christmas, man I'm tired of sitting around, wish I could have only 10 days off a year like everyone else
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2017 3:39:52 PM
At 1/10/2017 2:53:50 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Wow what a novel idea, let me sit in my back yard all summer coming up with lessons plans. All those PA days and March break and 3 weeks over Christmas, man I'm tired of sitting around, wish I could have only 10 days off a year like everyone else

My teachers have dropped this infomation in conversations before. Sorry ;-;
jesus loves you

DDO's Sentinal
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2017 3:44:04 PM
At 1/10/2017 3:39:52 PM, Perussi wrote:

Hey don't apologize, I just wish I became a teacher, would love to have the whole summer off to game. Jealous!!
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2017 3:48:06 PM
At 1/10/2017 3:44:04 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Hey don't apologize, I just wish I became a teacher, would love to have the whole summer off to game. Jealous!!

They don't.
jesus loves you

DDO's Sentinal
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2017 4:18:43 PM
At 1/10/2017 3:48:06 PM, Perussi wrote:
At 1/10/2017 3:44:04 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

They don't.

I know I know, they tell you they are soooo busy, with all those PA days and breaks for Christmas and March and they are full of crap, I know many teachers and even have a Principle of a high school as a sister in law and trust me they are overpaid, slackers, they could not make it in the real world, my ex couldn't handle a job so she became a teacher, now all I hear from here is how they have field trips and all this time off, slackers!!!

Try finding another job that gives you 3 months off a year, maybe a senator
DeclanPowell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2017 1:16:15 PM
Teacher is a best profession,but if you have missed an opportunity,you can avail another one like dissertation writer service provider,because now a days,many individuals are looking for the dissertation help. As a student,i also get my dissertation help from online website,which is help.co.uk/">http://www.realdissertation...<x>help.co.uk/..
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2017 2:20:06 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 1/23/2017 1:16:15 PM, DeclanPowell wrote:
Teacher is a best profession,but if you have missed an opportunity,you can avail another one like dissertation writer service provider,because now a days,many individuals are looking for the dissertation help. As a student,i also get my dissertation help from online website,which is help.co.uk/">http://www.realdissertation...<x>help.co.uk/..

Guess what it's another PA day for the teachers today, wow all that hard work after a month of teaching, I mean teachers just had 3 weeks off for Christmas, and lets not forget March Break is coming, need a week off for that. Wow I wish had all that time off, unfortunately in the coal mine I get 10 days off for the whole year. Should have been a teacher Jealous!!!
GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2017 3:23:48 PM
You should have moved to England if you want to teach. When the Blair mob were voted out the new schools minister was told by his advisers that the standard for teaching credentials was so low that currently you couldn't get a job in MacDonalds with one.
HEALTH WARNING!. Contact with WYLTED can damage your brain.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2017 5:26:05 PM
At 2/3/2017 3:23:48 PM, GrimlyF wrote:
You should have moved to England if you want to teach. When the Blair mob were voted out the new schools minister was told by his advisers that the standard for teaching credentials was so low that currently you couldn't get a job in MacDonalds with one.

Any worries about Brexit?
GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2017 5:18:08 AM
At 2/3/2017 5:26:05 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 2/3/2017 3:23:48 PM, GrimlyF wrote:

Any worries about Brexit?

Brexit? Worries? When the referendum results were reported I spent most of that day and night in an incandescent rage at the sheer stupidity of the "Little Englanders" who voted for it.
England has no mining, ship building or steel industry to speak of and most are owned by foreign companies.
We only produce 25% of the food we need so must import 75% to make up the shortfall. Most of our food was imported from E.U. countries which had the same quality regulations as England.
Membership of the E.U. gave us "billions per year in grants to bolster our agriculture and industry. We had a ready-made market for exports and imports at advantageous tariff's.
We didn't need visa's to visit any E.U. country and travelled back and forth without hindrance.
All of the above and many other advantages will be lost at the stroke of a pen and be replaced by what?
The E.U. leaders have denied any Free Trade agreement and I don't believe Mr Trump will tax English imports any less than other countries "special relationship" or not.

In short, England is up the creek without a paddle and the boat is sinking.
HEALTH WARNING!. Contact with WYLTED can damage your brain.
ccs67
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2017 9:18:38 PM
Yes, please do go back and get your education credentials. You will need to make up all the undergraduate credits in educational theory and practice, as well as any prerequisites you didn't take when you first went to college. Then you will need to take a semester (at least) off from your job to student teach, where you will be working full-time for no pay - in fact, you will pay the college! And, since you didn't mention if you were going for elementary or secondary education, I don't know if you will need to take classes in multiple subjects or just a field of expertise, but you will also need to take additional coursework in your subject area if that is what you decide. Be sure not to forget your mandatory credits in special education, literacy across the curriculum, and methods of teaching! If you decide to go through a "fast track" program for adult learners, you can get all this done in a year, but I honestly don't recommend it - the people I've known who have done the alt-certification route are not usually very well prepared. Then, since schools are pretty strapped these days, you can take on a number of long-term sub/temporary positions to try to get enough experience under your belt that a school will hire you full time. However, you have to pass the national standardized tests first in most states, so be sure to get that done before you run out of time and have to start the whole certification process over again! As a beginning teacher, you are low person on the totem pole and you'll get to teach the needier/tougher kids, so make sure you are current on your motivational and disciplinary strategies. Since you don't have tenure yet, you'll need to be on your A game every single day, lest an administrator come in and give you a poor evaluation on a bad day. You'll need to have your lesson plans ready to go, including the modifications for the Special Ed kids and the extensions for the gifted kids, which means making three versions of every assignment. Oh, and don't forget to be responsive to the parents, coach a sport, go out of your way to make connections with the kids, and keep up on all the paperwork and administrative duties!

So, look, I can't speak to your slacker-educator relatives. But honestly, if you think teaching is so easy, and if you're so jealous about the vacation schedule, take some of your vacation and go be a substitute teacher for awhile. Then, if it's the cakewalk you claim it to be, feel free to go through all the rigamarole listed above and get a teaching job. Just because you went to school once upon a time doesn't mean you know what a teacher's job is like.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2017 1:53:32 PM
At 2/5/2017 9:18:38 PM, ccs67 wrote:
Yes, please do go back and get your education credentials. You will need to make up all the undergraduate credits in educational theory and practice, as well as any prerequisites you didn't take when you first went to college. Then you will need to take a semester (at least) off from your job to student teach, where you will be working full-time for no pay - in fact, you will pay the college! And, since you didn't mention if you were going for elementary or secondary education, I don't know if you will need to take classes in multiple subjects or just a field of expertise, but you will also need to take additional coursework in your subject area if that is what you decide. Be sure not to forget your mandatory credits in special education, literacy across the curriculum, and methods of teaching! If you decide to go through a "fast track" program for adult learners, you can get all this done in a year, but I honestly don't recommend it - the people I've known who have done the alt-certification route are not usually very well prepared. Then, since schools are pretty strapped these days, you can take on a number of long-term sub/temporary positions to try to get enough experience under your belt that a school will hire you full time. However, you have to pass the national standardized tests first in most states, so be sure to get that done before you run out of time and have to start the whole certification process over again! As a beginning teacher, you are low person on the totem pole and you'll get to teach the needier/tougher kids, so make sure you are current on your motivational and disciplinary strategies. Since you don't have tenure yet, you'll need to be on your A game every single day, lest an administrator come in and give you a poor evaluation on a bad day. You'll need to have your lesson plans ready to go, including the modifications for the Special Ed kids and the extensions for the gifted kids, which means making three versions of every assignment. Oh, and don't forget to be responsive to the parents, coach a sport, go out of your way to make connections with the kids, and keep up on all the paperwork and administrative duties!

So, look, I can't speak to your slacker-educator relatives. But honestly, if you think teaching is so easy, and if you're so jealous about the vacation schedule, take some of your vacation and go be a substitute teacher for awhile. Then, if it's the cakewalk you claim it to be, feel free to go through all the rigamarole listed above and get a teaching job. Just because you went to school once upon a time doesn't mean you know what a teacher's job is like.

You are right those are valid points, I just want more time off like teachers, that's all.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2017 3:55:36 AM

Firstly to become a teacher you have to have a reasonable amount of commitment (to get a bachelors and then do the teacher training/get qualified, etc.) and the hours that teachers are required to work are quite a lot in comparison to other professions, in some countries you're average elementary teacher works around 50 hours a week. I also think that in some countries, teachers (not professors) are underpaid.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2017 2:39:21 PM
At 2/16/2017 3:55:36 AM, Emilrose wrote:

Firstly to become a teacher you have to have a reasonable amount of commitment (to get a bachelors and then do the teacher training/get qualified, etc.) and the hours that teachers are required to work are quite a lot in comparison to other professions, in some countries you're average elementary teacher works around 50 hours a week. I also think that in some countries, teachers (not professors) are underpaid.

I wok 50-60 hours a week sometimes. I just want the whole summer off, what other profession gives you 8 weeks vacation plus 1 week for March break, plus 2 weeks for Christmas, plus one PA day off every month.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2017 9:03:55 PM

Great the teachers are going on strike starting Monday. I guess the 17 weeks off a year wasn't enough time off. They are demanding a 4.5% raise, the board won't budge at 3%.

Damn should have been a teacher!!