Jump to topic:

Irish granny goes viral after she mistakes

wilhuyt3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2017 10:07:25 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
A Cork granny has gone viral after she mistook six glittery purple thongs for Christmas baubles.

The 74-year-old woman's granddaughter was helping to decorate her Christmas tree when she realised her granny's mistake.

Actress Alex Bermingham (@Alex_Bermingham) took to Twitter to share the hilarious tale and it has been retweeted almost 21,000 times and liked 73,000 times.

"My 74 year old grandmother bought Christmas baubles in Dunnes Stores, which I have just realised upon decorating her tree that unbeknownst to her upon purchase, they are in fact, lavender glitter G-strings. Wishing everyone a kinky Christmas this holiday season." she wrote.

Her gran's response when she revealed the truth is equally hilarious, as revealed by Alex in another tweet:

"She replied with "Jesus Al yer man in the shop must have thought I was very kinky sure I bought six of them. Crying."

The story prompted other Twitter users to share their granny-related anecdotes. One revealed their son was in his granny's one day when he said his lips were chapped and painful and his granny produced some cherry lube to ease them.

Several others joked that Alex's granny knew exactly what she had bought!

Alex is thrilled with the huge reaction to her tweet.

She told Independent.ie, "It's been absolutely crazy! My main goal is to someday work in media whether it's in radio, television or editorial so to have people contact me from different media outlets that I'm obsessed with is phenomenal for me.

"My main tipping point was when Doireann Garrihy posted it on her page as she is my absolute idol and I'm slightly obsessed!"