Jump to topic:

What beliefs do you hold and why?

SecularMerlin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2017 3:14:44 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Be ready to have your beliefs question and don't hesitate to question the beliefs of others. More importantly have an open mind and don't take it to seriously. Even if your beliefs are observable as false you have the right to believe them, just ask a pastafarian. If a pastafarian graces us with their presence, I plan on asking him that and other stuff too. Stuff like "how big are your god's balls?"
The only true wisdom lies in knowing that you know nothing.
-Socrates

Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality
-Lewis Carrol
Taylahacleodd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2018 10:38:57 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
Any kind of beliefs should be a symbol of bad sectors or disorder in system and its protection need some form of preventive need. The regular use of Norton anti virus is real one for require ones. This mention in https://customessaysreviews.com... for more outcomes.
SecularMerlin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2018 3:17:23 PM
At 3/9/2018 10:38:57 AM, Taylahacleodd wrote:
Any kind of beliefs should be a symbol of bad sectors or disorder in system and its protection need some form of preventive need. The regular use of Norton anti virus is real one for require ones. This mention in https://customessaysreviews.com... for more outcomes.

Could you elaborate? Alsonwhat does this link signify as it doesn't serm to pertain to the discussing at hand?
-Socrates

-Lewis Carrol
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2018 3:18:01 PM
Post #1

I believe that killing other humans is wrong, but that depending on the situation it can be less wrong.
Same with stealing
Most of what I see as wrong is just being a d*** to others.

Why in the funny section?

Personally I have trouble remembering what I believe is right and wrong, or where I even learned it. Right and wrong as well as the laws of society, I remember learning infrequently, usually after I had done something wrong, infrequently here and there some of them. but maybe I have a cr***y memory.

I don't remember when I learned that killing was wrong or why it should be. I'm still sure that killing is wrong but can't think of a reason for why? why? ect question.

I recall learning that stealing was wrong after my parents caught my brother stealing one or more uninflated balloons from the store. Likely I learned it before that. I don't recall where I learned why it was wrong. But would call it wrong because it is taking from other people what is not yours, basically the same if you were on a playground and took some other kids toy.

Mostly what I recall learning from the Bible when I read it with my Mom super young was to pray each night, basic Bible stories, and that being good to other people was good.

Vaguely vaguely I can barely recall some times we talked how there were evil people in the world (Think I asked why) don't remember what was said anymore.. But I think I decided that day they were still people, people who had made mistakes in life and were confused, that even they were worth praying for that they find a better path in life.

I hate how imperfect memories are.
SecularMerlin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2018 3:28:56 PM
Leaning I read your post. Do you base your ideas of right and wrong on the bible or on your understanding of the bible as explained by authority figures in your life? Or are they based entirely on the words of the authorities in question?

You are right about memory. Most people are under the impression that memories are stored somehow when in reality they are an expression of a neural pathway that was created by the initial event and reinforced whenever you remember it. What are your thoughts?
-Socrates

-Lewis Carrol
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2018 3:44:22 PM
The Bible? A mix of myself and my family. Family is like a peer pressure you would expect to be positive and good. My interpretation of the Bible "Now" I see as mine, "Then" as more theirs, was not able to form my own opinion or thoughts as much when I was younger. I don't believe that people should unquestionably take authority figures views on the Bible, but sometimes they can help people find comforts or truths. Mistake in just believing in an authority figure for truth is just that, your truth is the authority figure, not truth itself.

I would say my current values are just what I've come to believe over the years. Back then when I was extremely young (Younger than 15?) I based them on what my authority figures told me, experiences on what made me feel something was wrong, and somewhat the Bible.

Current beliefs... I'm not sure on. I would say most of my current beliefs on what is right or wrong came about by what most of what my peers told me was wrong (Society, family) also experiences. I would be surprised if anyone's beliefs came from One Source.

I would say I was very negative toward homosexuals 7+ years in the past. That was due to only knowing one gay person back then who was very creepy and tried to do something creepy, as well as my brothers views, societies views, memory hazy on every why. But after I left home got out to see more of the world more of people, I've met a few people who are gay who are outstanding people, came to the realization being gay doesn't really effect you being a good person or your actions. Also most society has become positive toward gay people over the years. Don't recall thinking being gay was wrong because of the Bible (Never finished reading the whole thing).
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2018 3:53:24 PM
If people you trust believe in a book that talks about what is right in life, it seems reasonable to assume the book is good. And most children assume, not old enough not to yet (I think)

If they had had a class on morality on school, explaining why some actions are wrong, I would have assumed that this is right. Younger people tend to believe those they are taught to believe, authority figures like parents or teachers.

Incidentally I find it odd that there IS no required class in school that talks about what is right or wrong morally and the reasons for thinking that (Parents would probably disagree) but it's not like most parents methodically teach their children right and wrong, it's usually sporadic and not constant reinforcement I feel.

I would think at the least school would require a class on the laws of the land (Government). We have so many laws. Instead the law is taught in reaction (I think). Have there been a lot of drunk driving or drug use, sex? Then have a presentation about the dangers, then call it a day.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2018 4:18:21 PM
Memory is imperfect but so is human reasoning. Two people may experience a similar situation but take different thoughts from it. Some people may let certain thoughts repeat more often. I doubt how I remember my past is what happened, most somewhat right though. I would have preferred it if I had worn a video camera my entire life, that I could be more sure of what was hearable or visuable in the past. Perhaps I did not hear or see the same, but it's all we can do right now I think. Well there is also journals to write what you saw or heard (Stood out to you at the time).
SecularMerlin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2018 7:06:51 PM
At 3/15/2018 2:40:30 PM, WOLF.J wrote:
I believe that shoes should not turned upside down or sideways, it just don't look nice.

That is true. Also they could hurt your feet.
-Socrates

-Lewis Carrol
princemoga
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2018 10:47:44 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
Buy Water Purifier Online - Livpure offers best RO, UV water purifiers for home & offices. Get pure range of water purifiers online with Free water testing.

best water purifier
best whole house water filter
best water purifier
princemoga
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2018 10:49:28 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
Any kind of beliefs should be a symbol of bad sectors or disorder in system and its protection need some form of preventive need. The regular use of Norton anti virus is real one for require ones.
https://www.pickpurifier.com...
https://www.pickpurifier.com...
best water purifier