Total Posts:371|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Stranger Things Mafia DP1

TUF
Posts: 24,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 6:06:39 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
Standard mafia rules apply, if you have questions about rules please ask me directly.

There are no third parties in this game, and there are no flavors. Your role works exactly how is says it works in your PM, if you have questions, again ask me directly.

Players

Breaking
Mharman
Supadudz
iLikePie5
Warren42
Tenyearsoflight
Missbailey8
Rocketengineer
Danielle
YYW
Khaos
Unstobbaple
Greyparrot
Sui_Generis

With 14 players 8/14 votes to lynch. The day phase will last 3 days (extensions may be granted during christmas and christmas eve based on activity). DP ends on December 25th (christmas) at 12am CST. Good luck and have!
Greyparrot
Posts: 20,571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 6:19:22 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
My assigned name is Joyce Byers. I claim vanilla townie, which means I win with the town.

I eagerly await my predicted DP1 slaying. GO!
Crying about how much the Trump wall is going to cost is like a heroin addict complaining about how much the needles cost.
Greyparrot
Posts: 20,571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 6:31:53 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
Also: I love TUF. That is all.
Crying about how much the Trump wall is going to cost is like a heroin addict complaining about how much the needles cost.
Unstobbaple
Posts: 3,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 6:45:20 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 12/23/2017 6:19:22 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
My assigned name is Joyce Byers. I claim vanilla townie, which means I win with the town.

I eagerly await my predicted DP1 slaying. GO!

Why'd you claim so fast?
Greyparrot
Posts: 20,571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 7:13:13 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 12/23/2017 6:45:20 AM, Unstobbaple wrote:
At 12/23/2017 6:19:22 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
My assigned name is Joyce Byers. I claim vanilla townie, which means I win with the town.

I eagerly await my predicted DP1 slaying. GO!

Why'd you claim so fast?

I always do when I am actually vanilla.
Crying about how much the Trump wall is going to cost is like a heroin addict complaining about how much the needles cost.
Unstobbaple
Posts: 3,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 7:16:56 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 12/23/2017 7:13:13 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 12/23/2017 6:45:20 AM, Unstobbaple wrote:
At 12/23/2017 6:19:22 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
My assigned name is Joyce Byers. I claim vanilla townie, which means I win with the town.

I eagerly await my predicted DP1 slaying. GO!

Why'd you claim so fast?

I always do when I am actually vanilla.

Doesn't that narrow down potential scum targets?
ILikePie5
Posts: 1,409
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 7:46:01 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 12/23/2017 6:19:22 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
My assigned name is Joyce Byers. I claim vanilla townie, which means I win with the town.

I eagerly await my predicted DP1 slaying. GO!

I don't understand why you do this. It's so anti-town. This is ridiculous. Everyone has told you not to do this, and yet you continue to do so.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 24,913
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 12:45:04 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
VTL YYW for character
At least the noble sheep provides us warm sweaters. All your hides would provide are coward pants. - Dick Solomon

"I call albatross!" - seventhprofessor
tenyearsoflight
Posts: 517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 1:23:36 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 12/23/2017 6:19:22 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
My assigned name is Joyce Byers. I claim vanilla townie, which means I win with the town.

I eagerly await my predicted DP1 slaying. GO!

So.................

This is now the third game in a row where you have done this same thing. Each and every time it has resulted in you being mislynched. If you don't want to play mafia, why even bother signing up?

Objectively, this looks like straight up scum to me because it seems like no matter what you do, you're trying to get a reputation of claiming early. It might well turn out that here as in the previous two games you are vanilla, but... you could just as easily be scum.

The only possible benefit I can see to you claiming early is that you make it easier for scum to fake claim. It is anti-town for you to do this, and it's irritating af because you prevent the development of any behavior surrounding your actions unless we eventually push for your lynch.

At what point are you going to realize that this "strategy" of yours isn't a strategy at all, but a burden and disservice to town?
#snowflake
tenyearsoflight
Posts: 517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 1:24:32 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 12/23/2017 7:46:01 AM, ILikePie5 wrote:
At 12/23/2017 6:19:22 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
My assigned name is Joyce Byers. I claim vanilla townie, which means I win with the town.

I eagerly await my predicted DP1 slaying. GO!

I don't understand why you do this. It's so anti-town. This is ridiculous. Everyone has told you not to do this, and yet you continue to do so.

I fully agree.
#snowflake
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 24,913
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 2:30:06 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 12/23/2017 1:23:36 PM, tenyearsoflight wrote:
At 12/23/2017 6:19:22 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
My assigned name is Joyce Byers. I claim vanilla townie, which means I win with the town.

I eagerly await my predicted DP1 slaying. GO!

So.................

This is now the third game in a row where you have done this same thing. Each and every time it has resulted in you being mislynched. If you don't want to play mafia, why even bother signing up?

Objectively, this looks like straight up scum to me because it seems like no matter what you do, you're trying to get a reputation of claiming early. It might well turn out that here as in the previous two games you are vanilla, but... you could just as easily be scum.

The only possible benefit I can see to you claiming early is that you make it easier for scum to fake claim. It is anti-town for you to do this, and it's irritating af because you prevent the development of any behavior surrounding your actions unless we eventually push for your lynch.

At what point are you going to realize that this "strategy" of yours isn't a strategy at all, but a burden and disservice to town?

I don't think I like this post. I'm not sure.

Anyway, vote for your cousin, please. I'd like his character and then we can move on from there.
At least the noble sheep provides us warm sweaters. All your hides would provide are coward pants. - Dick Solomon

"I call albatross!" - seventhprofessor
tenyearsoflight
Posts: 517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 2:32:51 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 12/23/2017 2:30:06 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/23/2017 1:23:36 PM, tenyearsoflight wrote:
At 12/23/2017 6:19:22 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
My assigned name is Joyce Byers. I claim vanilla townie, which means I win with the town.

I eagerly await my predicted DP1 slaying. GO!

So.................

This is now the third game in a row where you have done this same thing. Each and every time it has resulted in you being mislynched. If you don't want to play mafia, why even bother signing up?

Objectively, this looks like straight up scum to me because it seems like no matter what you do, you're trying to get a reputation of claiming early. It might well turn out that here as in the previous two games you are vanilla, but... you could just as easily be scum.

The only possible benefit I can see to you claiming early is that you make it easier for scum to fake claim. It is anti-town for you to do this, and it's irritating af because you prevent the development of any behavior surrounding your actions unless we eventually push for your lynch.

At what point are you going to realize that this "strategy" of yours isn't a strategy at all, but a burden and disservice to town?

I don't think I like this post. I'm not sure.

Anyway, vote for your cousin, please. I'd like his character and then we can move on from there.

Well, I don't like your reaction to my post.

Are you the miller?
#snowflake
tenyearsoflight
Posts: 517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 2:34:32 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
I am already suspicious of Khaos. The reason I am already suspicious of Khaos is because both Pie and I said the exact same thing about Gray's idiotic and unprovoked claim, but he singled me out and ignored Pie. The inconsistency, while I don't know what it means, is not lost on me.
#snowflake
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 24,913
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 2:35:40 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 12/23/2017 2:32:51 PM, tenyearsoflight wrote:

Well, I don't like your reaction to my post.

And I don't like your reaction to my reaction :P
At this point, you are my top suspect.


Are you the miller?

That seems like an odd question, and I'm curious why would ask it, especially in the context of your berating GP for claiming.
At least the noble sheep provides us warm sweaters. All your hides would provide are coward pants. - Dick Solomon

"I call albatross!" - seventhprofessor
tenyearsoflight
Posts: 517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 2:39:22 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 12/23/2017 2:35:40 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/23/2017 2:32:51 PM, tenyearsoflight wrote:

Well, I don't like your reaction to my post.

And I don't like your reaction to my reaction :P
At this point, you are my top suspect.


Are you the miller?

That seems like an odd question, and I'm curious why would ask it, especially in the context of your berating GP for claiming.

When YYW first started to try to get me to play mafia, there were several reasons why he said he didn't play. First, he said that he thought that there were too many people who were overly emotional and erratic in the game. I won't name names because I don't personally know those people. Second, he mentioned you. His specific grievance against you was that you seem to get miller more often than anyone else, and when you get miller roles you 'fucck up the entire SOP of the town because you refuse to claim miller dp1'.

I don't know if he's right or not, but if he is then I do not approve of your refusal to comply with what is basically the standard operating procedure of any person with a miller role. I'd like to rule out the possibility of you being miller early on, so that if you were to be copped we have an early explanation of why. I am willing to pressure you on the chance that it turns out that he's right.
#snowflake
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 24,913
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 2:40:24 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 12/23/2017 2:34:32 PM, tenyearsoflight wrote:
I am already suspicious of Khaos. The reason I am already suspicious of Khaos is because both Pie and I said the exact same thing about Gray's idiotic and unprovoked claim, but he singled me out and ignored Pie. The inconsistency, while I don't know what it means, is not lost on me.

You didn't say the same thing.
You actually planted the idea that he is scum, and seem to be setting up a potential mislynch on him. You mention his town meta of him claiming early, yet call it suspicious objectively, which claiming out the gate is hardly suspicious objectively - it is only suspicious within the context that people generally don't do it.

Pie merely expressed (misguided) outrage, and seemed genuine and straight-forward about it.
At least the noble sheep provides us warm sweaters. All your hides would provide are coward pants. - Dick Solomon

"I call albatross!" - seventhprofessor
tenyearsoflight
Posts: 517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 2:44:07 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 12/23/2017 2:35:40 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/23/2017 2:32:51 PM, tenyearsoflight wrote:

Well, I don't like your reaction to my post.

And I don't like your reaction to my reaction :P
At this point, you are my top suspect.

Fine. Suspect me. At this point the fact that you have an inconsistent reaction between Pie's saying the same thing about Gray and my identical reaction because this is now the third game in a row where he has done this stupid shiit makes me want your character claim.

The fact that you want YYW's character claim tells me that you're trying to pressure him to character claim early on, presumably because you know that he doesn't know anything about the theme because he said as much in the signups.

If you're town, then you're doing this because you want to rule out the possibility that he's scum early on. But if you're scum, you're doing it because you want to know if he has a character that might be associated with a power role, OR you want to try to push a wagon on him because he's a strong player. This, in combination with the fact that you have already had an inconsistent reaction to Pie and I (you FOS me, but not him, even though we've had the same experience with Gray, for the same past three games, and reacted in the same way for the same reason) makes me very suspicious of you.

VTL Khaos
#snowflake
tenyearsoflight
Posts: 517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 2:46:32 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 12/23/2017 2:40:24 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/23/2017 2:34:32 PM, tenyearsoflight wrote:
I am already suspicious of Khaos. The reason I am already suspicious of Khaos is because both Pie and I said the exact same thing about Gray's idiotic and unprovoked claim, but he singled me out and ignored Pie. The inconsistency, while I don't know what it means, is not lost on me.

You didn't say the same thing.
You actually planted the idea that he is scum, and seem to be setting up a potential mislynch on him. You mention his town meta of him claiming early, yet call it suspicious objectively, which claiming out the gate is hardly suspicious objectively - it is only suspicious within the context that people generally don't do it.

Pie merely expressed (misguided) outrage, and seemed genuine and straight-forward about it.

Link me to your last give town and your last two scum games.

In the mean time, you should full claim.
#snowflake
tenyearsoflight
Posts: 517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 2:47:56 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 12/23/2017 7:44:29 AM, ILikePie5 wrote:
At 12/23/2017 7:44:12 AM, ILikePie5 wrote:
VTL Danielle

Let's pressure Khaos to claim.
#snowflake
tenyearsoflight
Posts: 517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 2:48:17 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 12/23/2017 6:31:53 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
Also: I love TUF. That is all.

Since you have already claimed, please be useful and pressure Khaos to claim.
#snowflake
tenyearsoflight
Posts: 517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 2:48:34 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 12/23/2017 6:45:20 AM, Unstobbaple wrote:
At 12/23/2017 6:19:22 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
My assigned name is Joyce Byers. I claim vanilla townie, which means I win with the town.

I eagerly await my predicted DP1 slaying. GO!

Why'd you claim so fast?

Please pressure Khaos to claim.
#snowflake
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 24,913
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 2:52:19 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 12/23/2017 2:39:22 PM, tenyearsoflight wrote:
At 12/23/2017 2:35:40 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/23/2017 2:32:51 PM, tenyearsoflight wrote:

Well, I don't like your reaction to my post.

And I don't like your reaction to my reaction :P
At this point, you are my top suspect.


Are you the miller?

That seems like an odd question, and I'm curious why would ask it, especially in the context of your berating GP for claiming.

When YYW first started to try to get me to play mafia, there were several reasons why he said he didn't play. First, he said that he thought that there were too many people who were overly emotional and erratic in the game. I won't name names because I don't personally know those people.
This sounds like something he would say.

Second, he mentioned you.
Awww.

His specific grievance against you was that you seem to get miller more often than anyone else, and when you get miller roles you 'fucck up the entire SOP of the town because you refuse to claim miller dp1'.

His specific grievance is misplaced and idiotic, as explained in the specifc game that he is referring, and he is trying to make a generalization out of it. Did he mention the power of miller in terms of theme, and in that specific game he was advocating a mass character claim? It was relevant to my departure, and something he disagreed with.

People disagree on things, and some people seem to have a hard time adapting. For example, I think it is deplorable that he would deceive town with his reads, especially while seemingly to promote a lynch all liars mentality. I try not to hold it against him.

I don't know if he's right or not, but if he is then I do not approve of your refusal to comply with what is basically the standard operating procedure of any person with a miller role.

And why is claiming miller in the first post somehow more prudent than claiming at some point DP1, which is what I did? The whole idea of miller claiming is to avoid outing the cop.

I'd like to rule out the possibility of you being miller early on, so that if you were to be copped we have an early explanation of why. I am willing to pressure you on the chance that it turns out that he's right.

So, does that mean you don't like diverging stategies, too?

For the record, why are you not voting for YYW for a character claim? The reason I am targeting him (regardless of what he may say) is because he specifically stated he did not know the theme - and what is good for the goose, is good for the gander ;)
At least the noble sheep provides us warm sweaters. All your hides would provide are coward pants. - Dick Solomon

"I call albatross!" - seventhprofessor
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 24,913
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 2:56:44 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 12/23/2017 2:46:32 PM, tenyearsoflight wrote:
At 12/23/2017 2:40:24 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/23/2017 2:34:32 PM, tenyearsoflight wrote:
I am already suspicious of Khaos. The reason I am already suspicious of Khaos is because both Pie and I said the exact same thing about Gray's idiotic and unprovoked claim, but he singled me out and ignored Pie. The inconsistency, while I don't know what it means, is not lost on me.

You didn't say the same thing.
You actually planted the idea that he is scum, and seem to be setting up a potential mislynch on him. You mention his town meta of him claiming early, yet call it suspicious objectively, which claiming out the gate is hardly suspicious objectively - it is only suspicious within the context that people generally don't do it.

Pie merely expressed (misguided) outrage, and seemed genuine and straight-forward about it.

Link me to your last give town and your last two scum games.
No.
You can look at Chaos88's last games, in which I played in nearly every game in the last year, of which I was town in all of them, except I replaced in as scum in one (Wylted's lover) and was recruited in one (Rocket can tell you which). I have not started a game as scum in over two years, so looking for any sort of meta would be fruitless and can only serve an illogical premise.

In the mean time, you should full claim.

Wow, no response to me discrediting your argument against me?
lol, not from your demand.
We'll see what others say.
At least the noble sheep provides us warm sweaters. All your hides would provide are coward pants. - Dick Solomon

"I call albatross!" - seventhprofessor
tenyearsoflight
Posts: 517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 2:58:46 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 12/23/2017 2:52:19 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
His specific grievance is misplaced and idiotic, as explained in the specifc game that he is referring, and he is trying to make a generalization out of it. Did he mention the power of miller in terms of theme, and in that specific game he was advocating a mass character claim? It was relevant to my departure, and something he disagreed with.

Oh, it's misplaced and idiotic? So, anyone who disagrees with how you play is "misplaced and idiotic? T

First, you have an inconsistent reaction as between Pie and I on the issue of GrayParrot's behavior which you agree is scummy even if you express some logically inconsistent thoughts about whether it is "objective" in terms of scummyness or not. Maybe you don't know what that word means. I don't know.

Second, that sounds like a preemptive OMGUS to me, Khaos, which sounds like strike two against you in the first five posts you've made in this day phase.

I want your role, and I want your character.

People disagree on things, and some people seem to have a hard time adapting. For example, I think it is deplorable that he would deceive town with his reads, especially while seemingly to promote a lynch all liars mentality. I try not to hold it against him.

Based on what I can tell, it's like the entire world of mafia versus you. So, while people may disagree, you're the only people who thinks you're right on this issue.

And why is claiming miller in the first post somehow more prudent than claiming at some point DP1, which is what I did? The whole idea of miller claiming is to avoid outing the cop.

Are you soft claiming miller?

So, does that mean you don't like diverging stategies, too?

For the record, why are you not voting for YYW for a character claim? The reason I am targeting him (regardless of what he may say) is because he specifically stated he did not know the theme - and what is good for the goose, is good for the gander ;)

lol... you're online right now, so you get the benefit of my ire ;)
#snowflake
tenyearsoflight
Posts: 517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 3:00:18 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 12/23/2017 2:56:44 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Wow, no response to me discrediting your argument against me?
lol, not from your demand.
We'll see what others say.

So, are you refusing to LINK me to your games? I didn't ask you to just tell me where they are. And who is Chaos88? Same person as you, now?

You didn't discredit anything, either. lol...
#snowflake
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 24,913
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 3:11:12 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 12/23/2017 2:58:46 PM, tenyearsoflight wrote:
At 12/23/2017 2:52:19 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
His specific grievance is misplaced and idiotic, as explained in the specifc game that he is referring, and he is trying to make a generalization out of it. Did he mention the power of miller in terms of theme, and in that specific game he was advocating a mass character claim? It was relevant to my departure, and something he disagreed with.

Oh, it's misplaced and idiotic? So, anyone who disagrees with how you play is "misplaced and idiotic? T

No. Ignoring relevant facts and discounting my strategy as a post-hoc justification is, as is it insulting and condescending.

First, you have an inconsistent reaction as between Pie and I on the issue of GrayParrot's behavior which you agree is scummy even if you express some logically inconsistent thoughts about whether it is "objective" in terms of scummyness or not. Maybe you don't know what that word means. I don't know.

It can't be inconsistent if they stimuli is not the same.

Second, that sounds like a preemptive OMGUS to me, Khaos, which sounds like strike two against you in the first five posts you've made in this day phase.

lol, like your vote on me for casting suspicion on you

I want your role, and I want your character.

At this time, you will get neither.

People disagree on things, and some people seem to have a hard time adapting. For example, I think it is deplorable that he would deceive town with his reads, especially while seemingly to promote a lynch all liars mentality. I try not to hold it against him.

Based on what I can tell, it's like the entire world of mafia versus you. So, while people may disagree, you're the only people who thinks you're right on this issue.

You don't even know the facts in evidence, and are relying on one person's biased retelling of it.

And why is claiming miller in the first post somehow more prudent than claiming at some point DP1, which is what I did? The whole idea of miller claiming is to avoid outing the cop.

Are you soft claiming miller?

I am expressing what actually happened. The point of claiming miller in your first post is to provide town cred (you know, for full claiming, which, ironically, in the case of GP you think it does not provide town credit), and to prevent a cop from outing themselves DP2 by investigating the miller. This is what I did, but not in a way that is commonly done, because of how the DP was going. Is it so terrible that I claimed miller DP1 to avoid the cop investigating me, which is the point of doing so?

So, does that mean you don't like diverging stategies, too?

For the record, why are you not voting for YYW for a character claim? The reason I am targeting him (regardless of what he may say) is because he specifically stated he did not know the theme - and what is good for the goose, is good for the gander ;)

lol... you're online right now, so you get the benefit of my ire ;)

I'm blessed :)
At least the noble sheep provides us warm sweaters. All your hides would provide are coward pants. - Dick Solomon

"I call albatross!" - seventhprofessor
warren42
Posts: 4,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 3:13:24 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Joyce is a pretty relevant character. If grey is mafia he just used their fake claim, or was ballsy as fvck. Does TUF usually give fake claims? If so, how many?

Pretty sure Khaos and tenyears are confirmed not w/w with all this bickering. I tend to side more with Khaos, his reason for thinking of ten differently than Pie makes sense. Singling our YYW for not knowing theme... I don"t like. NAI, but I disagree with it, generally.