Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 4:45:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/1/2013 11:16:52 AM, JonMilne wrote:
At 5/23/2013 6:02:28 PM, drafterman wrote:
https://docs.google.com...

It would be helpful for the above link if after every role you had stuff like "Alignment: Town/Mafia/3rd Party" just to make things more clear to us noobs.

Most roles can be either/or.
Like, commuter and masons are generally town, but there is no reason they can't be mafia.
My work here is, finally, done.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 10:29:07 AM
Mods can also choose to use items which are usually X1 role. The role will usually be hidden and when you use it on someone it usually goes to that person.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
makhdoom5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 12:39:30 PM
seem MMORPG. but seems not interesting.

on the Other hand there are tons of high ranking great games.
WOW.
RIFT.
LEAGUES GO LEGEND.
AION.
ALLOD ONLINE.
TERA.
and so on lol.
what i play is something else. lol
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 10:54:13 PM
At 6/9/2014 12:39:30 PM, makhdoom5 wrote:
seem MMORPG. but seems not interesting.

on the Other hand there are tons of high ranking great games.
WOW.
RIFT.
LEAGUES GO LEGEND.
AION.
ALLOD ONLINE.
TERA.
and so on lol.
what i play is something else. lol

And playing those games is doing wonders for your coherency.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 8:39:32 AM
Not sure if this thread is still open for contributions, but I haven't read anything about analysis, so that's what I'll post:

FORMS OF ANALYSIS

Behaviour analysis:
The goal of scum is to kill everyone who isn't one of them, much like how the townies want to to find and lynch all the scum. Since the mafia aren't going to openly request that the townies kindly shoot themselves, they need to subtly convince the townspeople in the day phases to lynch one of their own.
Let's say you're one of the townies. You don't know who the mafia are and you can't trust anyone else. Because of this, you are forced to rely on what you know about the mafia to deduce what they would be trying to do right now. If you can discern which players are attempting to mislynch townies, you can be confident that they must be the scum.
There are certain behaviours common to scum to watch out for. The first is that they tend to defend their team-mates. Be sure to watch out for people's reads because of this. Scum will normally town read their scum mates, and usually for no good reason.
The next common scum behaviour is that they will want to find out your role. Scum shoot another person each night, but the murder is planned. ideally, they want the most powerful town players should die as soon as possible, to give the mafia a better chance of winning. Thus, if somebody is pressuring other's to release their roles, it could be because the person in question is highly suspicious and likely will be unable to answer the question adequately, or because the person asking the question wants to learn their role for a more sinister reason. You must use your deductive skills to find out.

Player analysis:
Is a form of behavioural analysis that uses known information about that person to determine if they are town or not. Most people have a slightly different style when they play as town, compared to when they play as scum. This pattern of behaviour is known as a meta. To say that someone is playing in their town meta is to say that what they are doing right now is typical of them when they play as town. This form of analysis can be very weak, but can sometimes be extremely strong. Some players are very aggressive as town, but peaceable as mafia, you can use this information against the player.

Vote analysis:
Scum don't lynch each other generally. After multiple day phases have passed,the results of the collated days of votes can be used to implicate certain players. If you notice that player x voted on day 1,2 and 4 which all resulted in town deaths, but did not vote on 3, when a mafia was eliminated, you can suspect that this player is scum. However, it could also be that the person is town and was not being very perceptive that game.

Role and Character analysis:
Some roles are exclusive to the mafia, whereas some characters in the theme maybe considered the bad guys. If you are playing a game and see someone pressure to release their role or character, you can use it to deduce whether or not they are at least likely to be town or scum. Roles cannot confirm player affiliation and they could always be lying about their character. At the beginning of the game however, it is unlikely that scum will get away with this. If a mafia is pressured for a character or role at the beginning of the game, they probably won't want to claim their actual role or character, since it will implicate them. Thus they will produce a fake claim. A fake claim is designed to lead the town investigation astray. It is however quite risky. Since the mafia don't know all the roles and characters currently in the game, they may accidentally claim a character or role that is already in the game. If this happens, the person who is actually that character or role may challenge the mafia on their claim. This practice is called counter claiming. It is Standard Operating Procedure on DDO mafia to lynch anyone who is counter claimed. If it turns out that the person doing the counter claiming was lying, then he must be scum and will die for his deceit.

Inductive analysis
Rarely seen on DDO, inductive analysis occurs when town has information to go by, and uses it to catch scum. An example would be a game mechanic where town is given a clue: 'Some or all of the mafia are famous fictional characters.' In the game however, there are 10 players, 6 of whom have previously claimed to be famous fictitious characters. It is impossible for all these to be mafia, thus inductive reasoning would be used to say that none of the 4 other players should be lynched yet, even though according to the clue, it is plausible that one or more mafia are among them. Focus then shifts to sorting out which of the 6 players are scum.

Functional Analysis
Functional analysis is very advanced and involves the use of actual psychological constructs in behavioural psychology of stimuli and response in terms of operant conditioning. The overall aim is to determine the motives of another player, and thereby their affiliations. For example, after you get well familiar with mafia gameplay, you may find yourself able to subtly drop certain behaviours that you known town and mafia to respond differently to. You then use information you know about the person to eliminate other variables as a likely factor to determine whose interests the player is working for. As with anything psychoanalytic, the accuracy of your reads with be contingent on your skill at perception, deduction and logical reasoning.
"Your signature should not have the name of other players in the game, nor should it have the words VTL, Vote, or Unvote."
~Yraelz, 2017
Winnienie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 2:57:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hey! I think I recall seeing your username once or twice, but I don't think I was on the old enough during the time you were there to really get to know you.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2015 10:34:31 AM
How do you lynch a player?
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass

http://gotejas.com...
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 10:15:20 AM
At 3/27/2015 10:34:31 AM, tejretics wrote:

This is how you lynch a player:

1. Be observant. Try to find out who is scum (Mafia) by using logic, analysis of other peoples' posts, and the data attained from your role (Cop, Role Cop, Roleblocker, &etc.). This is called "trying to find scum," or a "scumread."

2. Using your scumread, you will then "Vote To Lynch" the player you think is scum. To do this, type VTL Username of player that you want to lynch, and bold it, like this:

VTL VOT

3. Try to persuade other players to "Vote To Lynch" the player that you think is scum. Use logic and analysis of that player's posts. You may also have to expose your role, which is kept secret at first.

4. If the amount of VTL's meets the lynch requirement, that player is "lynched," and is no longer in that game and must wait until the next game (most Mafia games have more than one subgames). Lynches end the current Day Phase.

5. Upon the end of the Day Phase (DP), the game moderator formally announces that so-and-so was lynched, and then reveals that player's association (Mafia, Town, or Third Party). You are then instructed by the Moderator to "submit night actions," where you use your assigned role. You then get into NK's (Night Kills), visits, and investigations.
"...feminazis, my favorite number..." ~PeterSmith

"Add that to the Bible, I guess." ~Max

"Isn't everything on this site my arbitrary whim?" ~Max

"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 10:21:21 AM
At 4/6/2015 10:15:20 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

1. Be observant. Try to find out who is scum (Mafia) by using logic, analysis of other peoples' posts, and the data attained from your role (Cop, Role Cop, Roleblocker, &etc.). This is called "trying to find scum," or a "scumread."

2. Using your scumread, you will then "Vote To Lynch" the player you think is scum. To do this, type VTL Username of player that you want to lynch, and bold it, like this:

VTL VOT

3. Try to persuade other players to "Vote To Lynch" the player that you think is scum. Use logic and analysis of that player's posts. You may also have to expose your role, which is kept secret at first.

4. If the amount of VTL's meets the lynch requirement, that player is "lynched," and is no longer in that game and must wait until the next game (most Mafia games have more than one subgames). Lynches end the current Day Phase.

5. Upon the end of the Day Phase (DP), the game moderator formally announces that so-and-so was lynched, and then reveals that player's association (Mafia, Town, or Third Party). You are then instructed by the Moderator to "submit night actions," where you use your assigned role. You then get into NK's (Night Kills), visits, and investigations.

OK, thanks. [Not interested in playing anyway :p]
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 10:23:39 AM
At 4/6/2015 10:21:21 AM, tejretics wrote:

VTL VOT

No problem. You should really try it. It is fun when you are bored. I am getting ready to start one.

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 10:24:47 AM
At 4/6/2015 10:23:39 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

VTL VOT

No problem. You should really try it. It is fun when you are bored. I am getting ready to start one.

Yeah, OK. I do get bored a lot on DDO ... then I post some random nonsense on forums or attempt to vote on as many debates as possible :p

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 10:25:43 AM
At 4/6/2015 10:24:47 AM, tejretics wrote:

VTL VOT

Yeah, OK. I do get bored a lot on DDO ... then I post some random nonsense on forums or attempt to vote on as many debates as possible :p

LOL. Me too.

tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 10:26:27 AM
At 4/6/2015 10:25:43 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 4/6/2015 10:24:47 AM, tejretics wrote:

VTL VOT

LOL. Me too.

Same here XD.

CookieMonster9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 6:21:49 PM
TV, you said that the mafia can "try" to kill you. Why would they not successfully kill you?
I'm not here to start an argument, I'm just here so I can gain more knowledge about life and feed my mind knowledge that you can't really get in school.

-CookieMonster9
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 6:24:35 PM
At 6/6/2015 6:21:49 PM, CookieMonster9 wrote:
TV, you said that the mafia can "try" to kill you. Why would they not successfully kill you?

He hasn't been online for over a month.
CookieMonster9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 11:53:44 AM
At 6/6/2015 6:24:35 PM, RevNge wrote:

Can you answer it?
I'm not here to start an argument, I'm just here so I can gain more knowledge about life and feed my mind knowledge that you can't really get in school.

-CookieMonster9
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 1:16:32 PM
At 6/7/2015 11:53:44 AM, CookieMonster9 wrote:

Can you answer it?

Sure. There are two possibilities; roles and flavors. There are protective roles such as Bodyguard or Doctor that allows them to protect someone should Mafia target them for the NK. Flavors are hidden modifiers of a player's role that the player doesn't know of; for instance, if a Mafioso is weak-flavored, he'll die while trying to kill someone. Flavors are very rare though, and most are usually considered to be bastard (especially the weak flavor), so roles are almost always the reason why kills don't always go through.
CookieMonster9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2015 4:58:51 PM
At 6/7/2015 1:16:32 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/7/2015 11:53:44 AM, CookieMonster9 wrote:

Can you answer it?

Sure. There are two possibilities; roles and flavors. There are protective roles such as Bodyguard or Doctor that allows them to protect someone should Mafia target them for the NK. Flavors are hidden modifiers of a player's role that the player doesn't know of; for instance, if a Mafioso is weak-flavored, he'll die while trying to kill someone. Flavors are very rare though, and most are usually considered to be bastard (especially the weak flavor), so roles are almost always the reason why kills don't always go through.

Oh, ok I know about roles I was just wondering if like there was a 90 percent chance of that person dying or something like that. I get what he means by that now thank you.

-CookieMonster9
EvangilisticOmega
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 5:08:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/15/2012 4:58:08 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Feel free to add your own thoughts and advice for new players.
Also, some feedback on my guide would be great. I wrote most of it yesterday.
I'm writing a section on WIFOM at the moment, will post it when I get home tonight; I just need to write up two more examples.

Thanks for the info man! I've only ever played mafia as a card game but this seems a lot cooler!
EvangelisticOmega

Words are nothing without action.
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 10:10:13 PM
Ive played Mafia a million times, but I know many players get confused about going to others and visiting them in mafia.
Troll Queen Of DDO

#BetOnThett
#UnbanTheMadman
#StandWithBossy

Bet On How Long DDO Will Last Here:
http://www.debate.org...

I hate you <3
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 10:37:49 PM
At 12/21/2015 10:10:13 PM, Forever23 wrote:
Ive played Mafia a million times, but I know many players get confused about going to others and visiting them in mafia.

What type of mafia do you play?
"Your signature should not have the name of other players in the game, nor should it have the words VTL, Vote, or Unvote."
~Yraelz, 2017
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 10:42:51 PM
At 12/21/2015 10:37:49 PM, Smithereens wrote:

I play different types if that's what you mean.
Troll Queen Of DDO

#BetOnThett
#UnbanTheMadman
#StandWithBossy

I hate you <3
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 10:44:20 PM
At 12/21/2015 10:42:51 PM, Forever23 wrote:

online or irl?
~Yraelz, 2017
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 10:47:35 PM
At 12/21/2015 10:44:20 PM, Smithereens wrote:

online or irl?

Mostly online, but I've played a game or two in real life.
Troll Queen Of DDO

#BetOnThett
#UnbanTheMadman
#StandWithBossy

I hate you <3
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 10:50:34 PM
At 12/21/2015 10:47:35 PM, Forever23 wrote:

online or irl?

what site do you come from?
~Yraelz, 2017
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2015 10:58:27 PM
At 12/21/2015 10:50:34 PM, Smithereens wrote:
At 12/21/2015 10:47:35 PM, Forever23 wrote:

online or irl?

what site do you come from?

mafiascum :)
Troll Queen Of DDO

#BetOnThett
#UnbanTheMadman
#StandWithBossy

I hate you <3