Jump to topic:

Anyone take any supplements?

FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2017 7:34:50 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
What do you take? Why? What effects does it have for you?

Personally, I take an omega 3 and a probiotic. I've noticed massive effects from both. I especially notice the omega 3 when I take other drugs (e.g. weed) -- it enhances the high somehow, gives a more euphoric feeling to it, and extends its length. And the probiotic has done away with any digestive problems I've ever had. Really great stuff.

I took a multivitamin at some point, for a couple months, but didn't notice any effects, and didn't like taking it, so I stopped. Anyone take those?
If you'd like a vote on your debate, please send me a link. I'll do my best to offer a sufficient RFD in your favor.

Also: If you'd like to vote bomb a debate and need help crafting a sufficient RFD, let me know.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2017 11:15:47 AM
At 3/4/2017 7:34:50 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
it enhances the high somehow, gives a more euphoric feeling to it, and extends its length.

That's interesting. The only significant and relevant effect omega 3 has on the brain would the downregulation of glutamate receptors. Glutamate is the primary excitatory neurotransmitter, but it doesn't have any notable effects when taken alone.

Tellingly Cannabis is also a depressant of glutamate activity, and works by inihibiting it in the same way omega 3 does -via the receptors. If I had to guess I would say that the effects are compounding and that's why omega 3 appears to be enhancing your drug use.
Smithereens vs Kenballer "Idealism infers Solipsism" http://www.debate.org...

"Your signature should not have the name of other players in the game, nor should it have the words VTL, Vote, or Unvote."
~Yraelz, 2017
GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2017 11:11:17 PM
I have taken vitamin D pills for about 8yrs and the effect is very noticeable in the winter. I used to have seasonal adjustment disorder every winter but now I am fine. I notice that although I spend most of my time indoors my skin seems to be very lightly tanned.
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2017 3:53:34 PM
I take a whole bunch of supplements. Like 15 different things a day, and I don't know what hardly any of it does. I feel good though.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2017 10:50:35 PM
I've been taking a supplement called spirulina for almost two years, and I'm more than satisfied with its benefits. Before that I was like devoid of energy.

Moreover, I take vitamin C in form of effervescent tablets, this is the most common antioxidant you could take for the body. I also used to get injections of vitamin C, but it was costly so I decided to stop it.

Anyways, I think the best way to nourish your body is eating the righ food for you. There are a lot superfoods in the market. Ah, and I always avoid eating meat.

BR
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2017 12:07:49 AM
I take Vitamin D and whey protein (if that even counts)

Have noticed minimal effects.
My review of Star Wars that took longer than watching the movie: http://www.debate.org...
nataliedana
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2017 5:54:47 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Yes, For me becouse the supplements can contribute to improved muscular strength, endurance and overall physical performance, according to the website Military.com. For this reason, they are commonly taken by athletes to improve their performance. Food supplements can also prevent a variety of diseases and health conditions. For example, pregnant women are advised to take folic acid to prevent birth defects. Other supplements are used in combination with drugs as a method of complementary or alternative treatment for health conditions.
Natalie Dana | SweetFitnessHacks.com
Oliverpete
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2017 12:04:11 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/5/2017 11:15:47 AM, Smithereens wrote:
it enhances the high somehow, gives a more euphoric feeling to it, and extends its length.

That's interesting. The only significant and relevant effect omega 3 has on the brain would the downregulation of glutamate receptors. Glutamate is the primary excitatory neurotransmitter, but it doesn't have any notable effects when taken alone.

Tellingly Cannabis is also a depressant of glutamate activity, and works by inihibiting it in the same way omega 3 does -via the receptors. If I had to guess I would say that the effects are compounding and that's why omega 3 appears to be enhancing your drug use.

I am taking Vitamin C, Omega 3, and on microcirculation therapy with doxyva as well.
rondarowdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2017 7:43:32 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
What do you take? Why? What effects does it have for you?

Personally, I take an omega 3 and a probiotic. I've noticed massive effects from both. I especially notice the omega 3 when I take other drugs (e.g. weed) -- it enhances the high somehow, gives a more euphoric feeling to it, and extends its length. And the probiotic has done away with any digestive problems I've ever had. Really great stuff.

I took a multivitamin at some point, for a couple months, but didn't notice any effects, and didn't like taking it, so I stopped. Anyone take those?

I had my fair share of taking supplements. I tried fish oil, creatine, vitamin supplements. But recently I've been on microcirculation therapy. So what it does is it improves our circulation at the capillary level (not macrocirculation) so it enhances o2 and nutrients delivery. and this product I use, it's called d'oxyva, is noninvasive and very convenient to use like literally i could watch tv or youtube and have it. Noticed a spike in my o2 saturation and I just feel generally healthy!
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2017 8:44:27 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
vitamin d most people should take this since we are told to stay out of the sun.
there is a combo of magnesium, calcium and zinc that's good for p.m.s. good for men to take as well.
Heard but haven't had time to check that b12 increases chance of lung cancer.......
HaroldF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2017 10:27:06 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
I Found One Interesting about Military Diet.

Here it is www.MilitaryDietReviwes.com
Thanks & Regards
---------------------------
Harold F Allen
https://www.MucusPlugs.com...
https://militarydietreviews.com...