Jump to topic:

Who was more EVIL, Hitler or Stalin

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2017 8:23:26 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Hitler had the concentration camps, but Stalin ordered the great purge, both were responsible for millions of deaths.

So who do you think was more evil?
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2017 6:26:17 AM
It seems Stalin won the most votes, which is a bit surprising to me: http://www.debate.org...

In my experience Hitler is usually the favorite pick for biggest baddie.
"I would much rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question."
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2017 3:23:51 PM
At 12/9/2017 6:26:17 AM, Casten wrote:
It seems Stalin won the most votes, which is a bit surprising to me: http://www.debate.org...

I would go with the poll and pick Stalin, he murdered his own people, Hitler just hated the Jews and other people but he didn't murder his own people, just the mentally ill
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2017 7:15:37 PM
At 12/11/2017 3:23:51 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

I would go with the poll and pick Stalin, he murdered his own people, Hitler just hated the Jews and other people but he didn't murder his own people, just the mentally ill

I don't know. Weren't the German Jews Hitler's people too? And all the other minorities in Germany he killed? And what about the Night of the Long Knives where he killed a sh*tload of Nazis to consolidate his power?
"I would much rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question."
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2017 8:52:25 PM
At 12/11/2017 7:15:37 PM, Casten wrote:

I don't know. Weren't the German Jews Hitler's people too? And all the other minorities in Germany he killed? And what about the Night of the Long Knives where he killed a sh*tload of Nazis to consolidate his power?

Good points, but Stalin had the purges and sent millions to the gulags and had all the higher society intellects eliminated so they would not pose a threat or try to overthrow him through a coup.
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2017 1:51:25 AM
Well they both murdered tons of people to protect their political supremacy.

Are we judging "evil" by quantity or quality? A combination of both? Are body count and maliciousness separate measurements here? I get the impression you're taking quality into consideration.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2017 2:02:44 PM
At 12/12/2017 1:51:25 AM, Casten wrote:

Are we judging "evil" by quantity or quality? A combination of both? Are body count and maliciousness separate measurements here? I get the impression you're taking quality into consideration.

I don't know, I guess they were both pretty evil, I just wanted to see what people thought. Either way I would not have wanted to meet either one LOL
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2017 10:45:55 AM
It could be argued that Hitler was worse, as he was still indirectly responsible for a large number of deaths (after all, 50+ million people were killed during WW2).

However, Stalin was perhaps the most 'evil' when it came to character alone. Both men lacked a conscious, but he had a higher level of psychopathy.
Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2017 10:48:25 AM

And Jehovah's Witnesses, homosexuals, German communists, etc.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2017 10:50:02 AM
At 12/12/2017 2:02:44 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 12/12/2017 1:51:25 AM, Casten wrote:

I don't know, I guess they were both pretty evil, I just wanted to see what people thought.

Either way I would not have wanted to meet either one LOL

Are you sure? https://m.imgur.com...
Debating_Horse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2017 12:45:05 AM
I would say Stalin. Yes Hitler killed 6,000,000 Jewish people, Stalin in how he killed people (famine, labor camps) is most sinister.
George
UnitedRussia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2017 3:40:27 AM

Jews, Poles, Gypsies, Romas, the disabled, Slavs, list doesn't end there. An estimated 10 million Soviets civilians, 6 million Poles, and many millions more were murdered by the brutal Nazi regime in an record 6 years. Even Stalin couldn't accomplish that.
SEX: BOY OR GIRL AND ALSO MEAN GENDER WHO TELL ME THlS HUH??