Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

Are choices determined?

Furyan5
Posts: 1,415
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2018 11:20:09 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
Does our brain have a utility function consisting of a few basic preferences which determine our choices? This system could be prone to Bayesian updating, allowing changes to occur, but at any moment they are fixed.
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 4,143
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2018 2:30:55 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 1/3/2018 11:20:09 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Does our brain have a utility function consisting of a few basic preferences which determine our choices? This system could be prone to Bayesian updating, allowing changes to occur, but at any moment they are fixed.

I would love to comment and say we all have choices in life but I don't know what Bayesian updating is??
Furyan5
Posts: 1,415
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2018 8:21:47 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 1/3/2018 2:30:55 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/3/2018 11:20:09 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Does our brain have a utility function consisting of a few basic preferences which determine our choices? This system could be prone to Bayesian updating, allowing changes to occur, but at any moment they are fixed.

I would love to comment and say we all have choices in life but I don't know what Bayesian updating is??

Basically it means that the experiences we have can and do alter our behaviour and this is interpreted as choice.

So let's say you like chocolate milkshake, but you have a sip of your friends lime milkshake and enjoy it. So next time you order lime. To you it would feel like you chose lime, but it's because you took a sip of your friends milkshake. This determined your actions.
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 4,143
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2018 8:45:18 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 1/3/2018 8:21:47 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/3/2018 2:30:55 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/3/2018 11:20:09 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Does our brain have a utility function consisting of a few basic preferences which determine our choices? This system could be prone to Bayesian updating, allowing changes to occur, but at any moment they are fixed.

I would love to comment and say we all have choices in life but I don't know what Bayesian updating is??

Basically it means that the experiences we have can and do alter our behaviour and this is interpreted as choice.

So let's say you like chocolate milkshake, but you have a sip of your friends lime milkshake and enjoy it. So next time you order lime. To you it would feel like you chose lime, but it's because you took a sip of your friends milkshake. This determined your actions.

Ok I get it, well I have to say each person still has choice, like the milkshake example, there might be suggestion but ultimately you choose whether to try or not, some people might be suborn and not try it no matter what flavor it is, maybe they always stick with the same. All choices are not determined because not everyone follows suggestions.

I for example always choose the opposite of what mass population do because I want to be different and not follow the sheep, so marketing, new trends, new movies, new clothes, do not work on me. I will specifically not choose it because, I make my own choices always different from everyone else.
kevin24018
Posts: 4,679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2018 8:54:39 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 1/3/2018 11:20:09 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Does our brain have a utility function consisting of a few basic preferences which determine our choices? This system could be prone to Bayesian updating, allowing changes to occur, but at any moment they are fixed.

there are foods I didn't like as a child but I do now, is that what you mean? Or we don't know we like something until we experience it? Seems maybe more of a preference than a choice, but I don't know.
Furyan5
Posts: 1,415
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2018 9:57:43 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 1/3/2018 8:45:18 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/3/2018 8:21:47 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/3/2018 2:30:55 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/3/2018 11:20:09 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Does our brain have a utility function consisting of a few basic preferences which determine our choices? This system could be prone to Bayesian updating, allowing changes to occur, but at any moment they are fixed.

I would love to comment and say we all have choices in life but I don't know what Bayesian updating is??

Basically it means that the experiences we have can and do alter our behaviour and this is interpreted as choice.

So let's say you like chocolate milkshake, but you have a sip of your friends lime milkshake and enjoy it. So next time you order lime. To you it would feel like you chose lime, but it's because you took a sip of your friends milkshake. This determined your actions.

Ok I get it, well I have to say each person still has choice, like the milkshake example, there might be suggestion but ultimately you choose whether to try or not, some people might be suborn and not try it no matter what flavor it is, maybe they always stick with the same. All choices are not determined because not everyone follows suggestions.

I for example always choose the opposite of what mass population do because I want to be different and not follow the sheep, so marketing, new trends, new movies, new clothes, do not work on me. I will specifically not choose it because, I make my own choices always different from everyone else.

If you always choose the opposite... can you really say its a choice? Basically, whatever is more popular determines that you do the opposite. Having options doesn't mean we have free will if we wouldn't ever use those options.
Furyan5
Posts: 1,415
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2018 10:02:03 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 1/3/2018 8:54:39 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 1/3/2018 11:20:09 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Does our brain have a utility function consisting of a few basic preferences which determine our choices? This system could be prone to Bayesian updating, allowing changes to occur, but at any moment they are fixed.

there are foods I didn't like as a child but I do now, is that what you mean? Or we don't know we like something until we experience it? Seems maybe more of a preference than a choice, but I don't know.

That's exactly what a utility function entails. A list of preferences. So, if it's hot, you prefer juice to coffee, but if it's cold you prefer coffee to juice. So basically every situation that arrises already has a solution. Input data and respond as determined by the list.
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 4,143
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2018 2:28:39 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 1/3/2018 9:57:43 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/3/2018 8:45:18 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/3/2018 8:21:47 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/3/2018 2:30:55 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/3/2018 11:20:09 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Does our brain have a utility function consisting of a few basic preferences which determine our choices? This system could be prone to Bayesian updating, allowing changes to occur, but at any moment they are fixed.

I would love to comment and say we all have choices in life but I don't know what Bayesian updating is??

Basically it means that the experiences we have can and do alter our behaviour and this is interpreted as choice.

So let's say you like chocolate milkshake, but you have a sip of your friends lime milkshake and enjoy it. So next time you order lime. To you it would feel like you chose lime, but it's because you took a sip of your friends milkshake. This determined your actions.

Ok I get it, well I have to say each person still has choice, like the milkshake example, there might be suggestion but ultimately you choose whether to try or not, some people might be suborn and not try it no matter what flavor it is, maybe they always stick with the same. All choices are not determined because not everyone follows suggestions.

I for example always choose the opposite of what mass population do because I want to be different and not follow the sheep, so marketing, new trends, new movies, new clothes, do not work on me. I will specifically not choose it because, I make my own choices always different from everyone else.

If you always choose the opposite... can you really say its a choice? Basically, whatever is more popular determines that you do the opposite. Having options doesn't mean we have free will if we wouldn't ever use those options.

I choose the opposite but there are many choices in life, for example if everyone wears flip flops one summer (I hate flip flops) I will not wear them but I have other choices in what I wear, running shoes, dress shoes, boots, sneakers. So there are many choices, I just don't go with the most popular one
Furyan5
Posts: 1,415
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2018 2:50:12 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 1/5/2018 2:28:39 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/3/2018 9:57:43 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/3/2018 8:45:18 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/3/2018 8:21:47 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/3/2018 2:30:55 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/3/2018 11:20:09 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Does our brain have a utility function consisting of a few basic preferences which determine our choices? This system could be prone to Bayesian updating, allowing changes to occur, but at any moment they are fixed.

I would love to comment and say we all have choices in life but I don't know what Bayesian updating is??

Basically it means that the experiences we have can and do alter our behaviour and this is interpreted as choice.

So let's say you like chocolate milkshake, but you have a sip of your friends lime milkshake and enjoy it. So next time you order lime. To you it would feel like you chose lime, but it's because you took a sip of your friends milkshake. This determined your actions.

Ok I get it, well I have to say each person still has choice, like the milkshake example, there might be suggestion but ultimately you choose whether to try or not, some people might be suborn and not try it no matter what flavor it is, maybe they always stick with the same. All choices are not determined because not everyone follows suggestions.

I for example always choose the opposite of what mass population do because I want to be different and not follow the sheep, so marketing, new trends, new movies, new clothes, do not work on me. I will specifically not choose it because, I make my own choices always different from everyone else.

If you always choose the opposite... can you really say its a choice? Basically, whatever is more popular determines that you do the opposite. Having options doesn't mean we have free will if we wouldn't ever use those options.

I choose the opposite but there are many choices in life, for example if everyone wears flip flops one summer (I hate flip flops) I will not wear them but I have other choices in what I wear, running shoes, dress shoes, boots, sneakers. So there are many choices, I just don't go with the most popular one

In any situation you have a preference right? It's not always the same because each situation is different. But do you choose your preference or realize it?
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 4,143
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2018 3:16:37 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 1/5/2018 2:50:12 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/5/2018 2:28:39 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/3/2018 9:57:43 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/3/2018 8:45:18 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/3/2018 8:21:47 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/3/2018 2:30:55 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/3/2018 11:20:09 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Does our brain have a utility function consisting of a few basic preferences which determine our choices? This system could be prone to Bayesian updating, allowing changes to occur, but at any moment they are fixed.

I would love to comment and say we all have choices in life but I don't know what Bayesian updating is??

Basically it means that the experiences we have can and do alter our behaviour and this is interpreted as choice.

So let's say you like chocolate milkshake, but you have a sip of your friends lime milkshake and enjoy it. So next time you order lime. To you it would feel like you chose lime, but it's because you took a sip of your friends milkshake. This determined your actions.

Ok I get it, well I have to say each person still has choice, like the milkshake example, there might be suggestion but ultimately you choose whether to try or not, some people might be suborn and not try it no matter what flavor it is, maybe they always stick with the same. All choices are not determined because not everyone follows suggestions.

I for example always choose the opposite of what mass population do because I want to be different and not follow the sheep, so marketing, new trends, new movies, new clothes, do not work on me. I will specifically not choose it because, I make my own choices always different from everyone else.

If you always choose the opposite... can you really say its a choice? Basically, whatever is more popular determines that you do the opposite. Having options doesn't mean we have free will if we wouldn't ever use those options.

I choose the opposite but there are many choices in life, for example if everyone wears flip flops one summer (I hate flip flops) I will not wear them but I have other choices in what I wear, running shoes, dress shoes, boots, sneakers. So there are many choices, I just don't go with the most popular one

In any situation you have a preference right? It's not always the same because each situation is different. But do you choose your preference or realize it?

I choose my preference
SecularMerlin
Posts: 1,820
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2018 5:05:12 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 1/5/2018 3:16:37 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/5/2018 2:50:12 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/5/2018 2:28:39 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/3/2018 9:57:43 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/3/2018 8:45:18 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/3/2018 8:21:47 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/3/2018 2:30:55 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/3/2018 11:20:09 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Does our brain have a utility function consisting of a few basic preferences which determine our choices? This system could be prone to Bayesian updating, allowing changes to occur, but at any moment they are fixed.

I would love to comment and say we all have choices in life but I don't know what Bayesian updating is??

Basically it means that the experiences we have can and do alter our behaviour and this is interpreted as choice.

So let's say you like chocolate milkshake, but you have a sip of your friends lime milkshake and enjoy it. So next time you order lime. To you it would feel like you chose lime, but it's because you took a sip of your friends milkshake. This determined your actions.

Ok I get it, well I have to say each person still has choice, like the milkshake example, there might be suggestion but ultimately you choose whether to try or not, some people might be suborn and not try it no matter what flavor it is, maybe they always stick with the same. All choices are not determined because not everyone follows suggestions.

I for example always choose the opposite of what mass population do because I want to be different and not follow the sheep, so marketing, new trends, new movies, new clothes, do not work on me. I will specifically not choose it because, I make my own choices always different from everyone else.

If you always choose the opposite... can you really say its a choice? Basically, whatever is more popular determines that you do the opposite. Having options doesn't mean we have free will if we wouldn't ever use those options.

I choose the opposite but there are many choices in life, for example if everyone wears flip flops one summer (I hate flip flops) I will not wear them but I have other choices in what I wear, running shoes, dress shoes, boots, sneakers. So there are many choices, I just don't go with the most popular one

In any situation you have a preference right? It's not always the same because each situation is different. But do you choose your preference or realize it?

I choose my preference

Then please demonstrate by briefly preferring flip flops.
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 4,143
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2018 6:08:02 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 1/5/2018 5:05:12 PM, SecularMerlin wrote:
At 1/5/2018 3:16:37 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/5/2018 2:50:12 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/5/2018 2:28:39 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/3/2018 9:57:43 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/3/2018 8:45:18 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/3/2018 8:21:47 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/3/2018 2:30:55 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/3/2018 11:20:09 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Does our brain have a utility function consisting of a few basic preferences which determine our choices? This system could be prone to Bayesian updating, allowing changes to occur, but at any moment they are fixed.

I would love to comment and say we all have choices in life but I don't know what Bayesian updating is??

Basically it means that the experiences we have can and do alter our behaviour and this is interpreted as choice.

So let's say you like chocolate milkshake, but you have a sip of your friends lime milkshake and enjoy it. So next time you order lime. To you it would feel like you chose lime, but it's because you took a sip of your friends milkshake. This determined your actions.

Ok I get it, well I have to say each person still has choice, like the milkshake example, there might be suggestion but ultimately you choose whether to try or not, some people might be suborn and not try it no matter what flavor it is, maybe they always stick with the same. All choices are not determined because not everyone follows suggestions.

I for example always choose the opposite of what mass population do because I want to be different and not follow the sheep, so marketing, new trends, new movies, new clothes, do not work on me. I will specifically not choose it because, I make my own choices always different from everyone else.

If you always choose the opposite... can you really say its a choice? Basically, whatever is more popular determines that you do the opposite. Having options doesn't mean we have free will if we wouldn't ever use those options.

I choose the opposite but there are many choices in life, for example if everyone wears flip flops one summer (I hate flip flops) I will not wear them but I have other choices in what I wear, running shoes, dress shoes, boots, sneakers. So there are many choices, I just don't go with the most popular one

In any situation you have a preference right? It's not always the same because each situation is different. But do you choose your preference or realize it?

I choose my preference

Then please demonstrate by briefly preferring flip flops.

I choose not to
SecularMerlin
Posts: 1,820
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2018 6:14:59 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 1/5/2018 6:08:02 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/5/2018 5:05:12 PM, SecularMerlin wrote:
At 1/5/2018 3:16:37 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/5/2018 2:50:12 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/5/2018 2:28:39 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/3/2018 9:57:43 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/3/2018 8:45:18 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/3/2018 8:21:47 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/3/2018 2:30:55 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/3/2018 11:20:09 AM, Furyan5 wrote:
Does our brain have a utility function consisting of a few basic preferences which determine our choices? This system could be prone to Bayesian updating, allowing changes to occur, but at any moment they are fixed.

I would love to comment and say we all have choices in life but I don't know what Bayesian updating is??

Basically it means that the experiences we have can and do alter our behaviour and this is interpreted as choice.

So let's say you like chocolate milkshake, but you have a sip of your friends lime milkshake and enjoy it. So next time you order lime. To you it would feel like you chose lime, but it's because you took a sip of your friends milkshake. This determined your actions.

Ok I get it, well I have to say each person still has choice, like the milkshake example, there might be suggestion but ultimately you choose whether to try or not, some people might be suborn and not try it no matter what flavor it is, maybe they always stick with the same. All choices are not determined because not everyone follows suggestions.

I for example always choose the opposite of what mass population do because I want to be different and not follow the sheep, so marketing, new trends, new movies, new clothes, do not work on me. I will specifically not choose it because, I make my own choices always different from everyone else.

If you always choose the opposite... can you really say its a choice? Basically, whatever is more popular determines that you do the opposite. Having options doesn't mean we have free will if we wouldn't ever use those options.

I choose the opposite but there are many choices in life, for example if everyone wears flip flops one summer (I hate flip flops) I will not wear them but I have other choices in what I wear, running shoes, dress shoes, boots, sneakers. So there are many choices, I just don't go with the most popular one

In any situation you have a preference right? It's not always the same because each situation is different. But do you choose your preference or realize it?

I choose my preference

Then please demonstrate by briefly preferring flip flops.

I choose not to

Then you have not proven that it is possible to choose against situational preferences. This does not preclude the possibility of course, but it certainly doesn't mean that it is possible.
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 4,143
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2018 6:18:10 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
Then you have not proven that it is possible to choose against situational preferences. This does not preclude the possibility of course, but it certainly doesn't mean that it is possible.

Everything is possible
Furyan5
Posts: 1,415
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2018 6:59:27 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 1/5/2018 6:18:10 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Then you have not proven that it is possible to choose against situational preferences. This does not preclude the possibility of course, but it certainly doesn't mean that it is possible.

Everything is possible

Are you sexually attracted to men or women?
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 4,143
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2018 7:01:03 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 1/5/2018 6:59:27 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/5/2018 6:18:10 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Then you have not proven that it is possible to choose against situational preferences. This does not preclude the possibility of course, but it certainly doesn't mean that it is possible.

Everything is possible

Are you sexually attracted to men or women?

Only women
Furyan5
Posts: 1,415
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2018 7:06:04 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 1/5/2018 7:01:03 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/5/2018 6:59:27 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/5/2018 6:18:10 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Then you have not proven that it is possible to choose against situational preferences. This does not preclude the possibility of course, but it certainly doesn't mean that it is possible.

Everything is possible

Are you sexually attracted to men or women?

Only women

Choose to be sexual attracted to men.
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 4,143
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2018 7:08:38 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 1/5/2018 7:06:04 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/5/2018 7:01:03 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/5/2018 6:59:27 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/5/2018 6:18:10 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Then you have not proven that it is possible to choose against situational preferences. This does not preclude the possibility of course, but it certainly doesn't mean that it is possible.

Everything is possible

Are you sexually attracted to men or women?

Only women

Choose to be sexual attracted to men.

That would never happen, I'm predispositioned to only want to hump women
Furyan5
Posts: 1,415
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2018 7:20:37 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 1/5/2018 7:08:38 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/5/2018 7:06:04 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/5/2018 7:01:03 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/5/2018 6:59:27 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/5/2018 6:18:10 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Then you have not proven that it is possible to choose against situational preferences. This does not preclude the possibility of course, but it certainly doesn't mean that it is possible.

Everything is possible

Are you sexually attracted to men or women?

Only women

Choose to be sexual attracted to men.

That would never happen, I'm predispositioned to only want to hump women

Didn't you just say "Everything is possible"?

Aren't most guys attracted to women? Didn't you claim Not to follow the trend?

Isn't it determined that you are only sexual attracted to women?
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 4,143
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2018 7:53:28 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 1/5/2018 7:20:37 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/5/2018 7:08:38 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/5/2018 7:06:04 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/5/2018 7:01:03 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/5/2018 6:59:27 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/5/2018 6:18:10 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Then you have not proven that it is possible to choose against situational preferences. This does not preclude the possibility of course, but it certainly doesn't mean that it is possible.

Everything is possible

Are you sexually attracted to men or women?

Only women

Choose to be sexual attracted to men.

That would never happen, I'm predispositioned to only want to hump women

Didn't you just say "Everything is possible"?

Aren't most guys attracted to women? Didn't you claim Not to follow the trend?

Isn't it determined that you are only sexual attracted to women?

Most guys, but there are gay guys and bi guys too. I don't believe sexuality is a trend, it's something you are born with.

For sexuality I guess it is predetermined, although how do you explain bi people? And people who experiment with men and women because of curiosity. Also what about isolation or loneliness? Most guys that enter jail are not gay, yet in jail they will rape other male azz, why because of lack of women. So there is no determination.

Personally I don't think there are any determinations, because the human brain is very complex and we do unexplained things all the time, we have a billion thoughts going through our head and different influences depending on circumstances. For example a man drives home from work the same route every day, then one day he sees a pretty woman drive and turn right beside him, now all of a sudden he wants to go that way to follow the woman, away from his routine.
Furyan5
Posts: 1,415
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2018 10:48:35 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 1/5/2018 7:53:28 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/5/2018 7:20:37 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/5/2018 7:08:38 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/5/2018 7:06:04 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/5/2018 7:01:03 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/5/2018 6:59:27 PM, Furyan5 wrote:
At 1/5/2018 6:18:10 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Then you have not proven that it is possible to choose against situational preferences. This does not preclude the possibility of course, but it certainly doesn't mean that it is possible.

Everything is possible

Are you sexually attracted to men or women?

Only women

Choose to be sexual attracted to men.

That would never happen, I'm predispositioned to only want to hump women

Didn't you just say "Everything is possible"?

Aren't most guys attracted to women? Didn't you claim Not to follow the trend?

Isn't it determined that you are only sexual attracted to women?

Most guys, but there are gay guys and bi guys too. I don't believe sexuality is a trend, it's something you are born with.

For sexuality I guess it is predetermined, although how do you explain bi people? And people who experiment with men and women because of curiosity. Also what about isolation or loneliness? Most guys that enter jail are not gay, yet in jail they will rape other male azz, why because of lack of women. So there is no determination.

Personally I don't think there are any determinations, because the human brain is very complex and we do unexplained things all the time, we have a billion thoughts going through our head and different influences depending on circumstances. For example a man drives home from work the same route every day, then one day he sees a pretty woman drive and turn right beside him, now all of a sudden he wants to go that way to follow the woman, away from his routine.

Translation: an external event caused a change in his usual pattern. If he had not seen the pretty woman, would he want to change his route? Rape is not about sexual desire. It's about dominance. If you ended up in jail would you suddenly be interested in male azz?

The sexual spectrum isn't black and white. You can be 60% heterosexual and 40% homosexual. This makes you bisexual. A 100% heterosexual isn't at all curious about the having homosexual sex.