Jump to topic:

The truth is out there..... X-files

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2017 8:15:48 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Looks like the Pentagon did have agent Mulder and Scully working for them. I wonder if the smoking man was also at the Pentagon.

The truth is out there X-files buffs!!!

https://www.nytimes.com...
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2017 9:18:15 PM
At 12/18/2017 8:15:48 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Looks like the Pentagon did have agent Mulder and Scully working for them. I wonder if the smoking man was also at the Pentagon.

You act like this was a surprise... The government always hide things from the general public.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2017 2:08:30 PM
At 12/18/2017 9:18:15 PM, Nd2400 wrote:
At 12/18/2017 8:15:48 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

You act like this was a surprise... The government always hide things from the general public.

I didn't think there was a secret agency for UFO's, I always thought the UFO's were secret military craft that they didn't want the enemy or the public to know about, like the stealth bomber.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2018 11:25:09 PM
Posted: 2 hours ago
I have changed my position on where extraterrestrials would come from if in fact it were proven they exist. Physics changed my mind. I no longer believe in wormholes and faster than light travel. The current understanding is that faster than light travel is impossible because you need an infinite amount of energy and your mass also becomes infinite.

I believe if there were extraterrestrials they are interdimensional. They are occupying the same space but in a different dimension. They are not traveling or racing through space but just moving from their dimension to ours. They are on the same planet earth as we are.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2018 11:58:00 PM
Posted: 2 hours ago
At 1/23/2018 11:25:09 PM, sadolite wrote:
I have changed my position on where extraterrestrials would come from if in fact it were proven they exist. Physics changed my mind. I no longer believe in wormholes and faster than light travel. The current understanding is that faster than light travel is impossible because you need an infinite amount of energy and your mass also becomes infinite.

I believe if there were extraterrestrials they are interdimensional. They are occupying the same space but in a different dimension. They are not traveling or racing through space but just moving from their dimension to ours. They are on the same planet earth as we are.

It's easier to believe in FTL than extra-dimentionality. We know for example that gravity warps and bends space-time, which is why gravitational lensing occurs. There is a plausible method of FTL out there which suggests that one would only need to compress space ahead, and expand it behind in order to move faster than light. This is also just mimicking the effect of a black hole without having an event horizon. Black holes can accelerate space faster than the speed of light, which is why light cannot escape.

Interdimentionality on the other hand is entirely removed from our current understanding of reality, whereas FTL is only largely removed.

Interesting thoughts nevertheless.
Smithereens vs Kenballer "Idealism infers Solipsism" http://www.debate.org...

"Your signature should not have the name of other players in the game, nor should it have the words VTL, Vote, or Unvote."
~Yraelz, 2017
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2018 1:23:46 AM
Posted: 41 minutes ago
At 1/23/2018 11:58:00 PM, Smithereens wrote:
At 1/23/2018 11:25:09 PM, sadolite wrote:

It's easier to believe in FTL than extra-dimentionality. We know for example that gravity warps and bends space-time, which is why gravitational lensing occurs. There is a plausible method of FTL out there which suggests that one would only need to compress space ahead, and expand it behind in order to move faster than light. This is also just mimicking the effect of a black hole without having an event horizon. Black holes can accelerate space faster than the speed of light, which is why light cannot escape.

Interdimentionality on the other hand is entirely removed from our current understanding of reality, whereas FTL is only largely removed.

Interesting thoughts nevertheless.

Based on our current understanding of physics we must cancel out what it can not be. FTL must be canceled out. The laws of physics as we understand them say it must be canceled out. But we understand nothing other than what applies, works and can be proven in our own solar system as far as physics go. We don't even know if the laws of physics apply outside of our own galaxy. (The space between galaxies). We only assume they do. I for one would never assume it.