Jump to topic:

The truth is out there..... X-files

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2017 8:15:48 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Looks like the Pentagon did have agent Mulder and Scully working for them. I wonder if the smoking man was also at the Pentagon.

The truth is out there X-files buffs!!!

https://www.nytimes.com...
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2017 9:18:15 PM
At 12/18/2017 8:15:48 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Looks like the Pentagon did have agent Mulder and Scully working for them. I wonder if the smoking man was also at the Pentagon.

You act like this was a surprise... The government always hide things from the general public.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2017 2:08:30 PM
At 12/18/2017 9:18:15 PM, Nd2400 wrote:
At 12/18/2017 8:15:48 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

You act like this was a surprise... The government always hide things from the general public.

I didn't think there was a secret agency for UFO's, I always thought the UFO's were secret military craft that they didn't want the enemy or the public to know about, like the stealth bomber.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2018 11:25:09 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
I have changed my position on where extraterrestrials would come from if in fact it were proven they exist. Physics changed my mind. I no longer believe in wormholes and faster than light travel. The current understanding is that faster than light travel is impossible because you need an infinite amount of energy and your mass also becomes infinite.

I believe if there were extraterrestrials they are interdimensional. They are occupying the same space but in a different dimension. They are not traveling or racing through space but just moving from their dimension to ours. They are on the same planet earth as we are.
Beware of the people who are in your circle but are not in your corner.

And with the stroke of a pen people 18 to 21 who own a gun became criminals and public enemy #1 having committed no crime and having said nothing. Just like the Jews in Germany during WW2. Must be a weird feeling.

When I hear people crying and whining about their first world problems I think about the universe with everything in it and people in wheelchairs and all of their problems go away.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2018 11:58:00 PM
At 1/23/2018 11:25:09 PM, sadolite wrote:
I have changed my position on where extraterrestrials would come from if in fact it were proven they exist. Physics changed my mind. I no longer believe in wormholes and faster than light travel. The current understanding is that faster than light travel is impossible because you need an infinite amount of energy and your mass also becomes infinite.

I believe if there were extraterrestrials they are interdimensional. They are occupying the same space but in a different dimension. They are not traveling or racing through space but just moving from their dimension to ours. They are on the same planet earth as we are.

It's easier to believe in FTL than extra-dimentionality. We know for example that gravity warps and bends space-time, which is why gravitational lensing occurs. There is a plausible method of FTL out there which suggests that one would only need to compress space ahead, and expand it behind in order to move faster than light. This is also just mimicking the effect of a black hole without having an event horizon. Black holes can accelerate space faster than the speed of light, which is why light cannot escape.

Interdimentionality on the other hand is entirely removed from our current understanding of reality, whereas FTL is only largely removed.

Interesting thoughts nevertheless.
"Your signature should not have the name of other players in the game, nor should it have the words VTL, Vote, or Unvote."
~Yraelz, 2017

Debate challenge 'Solipsism is false:' http://www.debate.org...
If God were real... http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2018 1:23:46 AM
At 1/23/2018 11:58:00 PM, Smithereens wrote:

It's easier to believe in FTL than extra-dimentionality. We know for example that gravity warps and bends space-time, which is why gravitational lensing occurs. There is a plausible method of FTL out there which suggests that one would only need to compress space ahead, and expand it behind in order to move faster than light. This is also just mimicking the effect of a black hole without having an event horizon. Black holes can accelerate space faster than the speed of light, which is why light cannot escape.

Interdimentionality on the other hand is entirely removed from our current understanding of reality, whereas FTL is only largely removed.

Based on our current understanding of physics we must cancel out what it can not be. FTL must be canceled out. The laws of physics as we understand them say it must be canceled out. But we understand nothing other than what applies, works and can be proven in our own solar system as far as physics go. We don't even know if the laws of physics apply outside of our own galaxy. (The space between galaxies). We only assume they do. I for one would never assume it.
Beware of the people who are in your circle but are not in your corner.

And with the stroke of a pen people 18 to 21 who own a gun became criminals and public enemy #1 having committed no crime and having said nothing. Just like the Jews in Germany during WW2. Must be a weird feeling.

When I hear people crying and whining about their first world problems I think about the universe with everything in it and people in wheelchairs and all of their problems go away.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2018 4:21:44 AM
At 1/24/2018 1:23:46 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 1/23/2018 11:58:00 PM, Smithereens wrote:

Based on our current understanding of physics we must cancel out what it can not be. FTL must be canceled out. The laws of physics as we understand them say it must be canceled out. But we understand nothing other than what applies, works and can be proven in our own solar system as far as physics go. We don't even know if the laws of physics apply outside of our own galaxy. (The space between galaxies). We only assume they do. I for one would never assume it.

accelerating mass faster than the speed of light is sure, impossible. The catch is that there doesn't appear to be any restriction on how fast space itself can travel. We know space can travel far faster than the speed of light because we've watched it happen (light getting sucked into a blackhole) so it remains to be seen whether a device can be made to control this phenomenon to make FTL work

Another plausible line of inquiry is entanglement. A recent experiment by China showed that a basic security system could be achieved by entangling photons used for communication with pairs in orbit on a satellite. When a third party attempts to listen in, one of the particles will collapse, causing both particles to collapse and the entire message destroyed. The kicker here is that the entanglement occurs instantly, no matter how far apart the photons are. So let's say hypothetically an advanced civilisation created a psudo-replica of you, and then entangled every particle in your body with a corresponding particle in the clone's body. That clone would effectively become you, and if you destroy your old body, you pretty much only exist at the location of your clone, who now is carrying your conscious experience. Separate this process across a few lightyears and you have a teleportation system similar to star-trek.
"Your signature should not have the name of other players in the game, nor should it have the words VTL, Vote, or Unvote."
~Yraelz, 2017

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2018 2:03:43 PM
Another plausible line of inquiry is entanglement. A recent experiment by China showed that a basic security system could be achieved by entangling photons used for communication with pairs in orbit on a satellite. When a third party attempts to listen in, one of the particles will collapse, causing both particles to collapse and the entire message destroyed. The kicker here is that the entanglement occurs instantly, no matter how far apart the photons are. So let's say hypothetically an advanced civilisation created a psudo-replica of you, and then entangled every particle in your body with a corresponding particle in the clone's body. That clone would effectively become you, and if you destroy your old body, you pretty much only exist at the location of your clone, who now is carrying your conscious experience. Separate this process across a few lightyears and you have a teleportation system similar to star-trek.

That sound plausible in theory, but a clone is not you, it's your genes and DNA replicated but it's not the same brain. At least not thoughts, memories, personality, it's essentially just a shell of your lookalike but not the same human being, so you would send a person that looks like you to the other places in the universe without your consciousness.

Besides there is no physical way to move human cells through different dimensions or to have them travel faster then the speed of light, the human body would liquefy at those speeds.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2018 12:48:30 AM
At 1/24/2018 2:03:43 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

That sound plausible in theory, but a clone is not you, it's your genes and DNA replicated but it's not the same brain. At least not thoughts, memories, personality, it's essentially just a shell of your lookalike but not the same human being, so you would send a person that looks like you to the other places in the universe without your consciousness.

Besides there is no physical way to move human cells through different dimensions or to have them travel faster then the speed of light, the human body would liquefy at those speeds.

If the brain structure and activity is the same, then it's you.
~Yraelz, 2017

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2018 2:15:26 PM
At 1/25/2018 12:48:30 AM, Smithereens wrote:

It's you minus the memories. Which essentially is not you because each one of us is grown and has personalities based on life experiences and the way we were brought up, you can't replicate thought process, you can only clone the gray cells which is your brain, but not he functioning thought process. Therefore it's a cheap copy of yourself who has no memory
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2018 3:15:20 PM
At 1/25/2018 2:15:26 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

It's you minus the memories. Which essentially is not you because each one of us is grown and has personalities based on life experiences and the way we were brought up, you can't replicate thought process, you can only clone the gray cells which is your brain, but not he functioning thought process. Therefore it's a cheap copy of yourself who has no memory

Your memory is encoded in your neurons. We know this because if you damage your hippocampus, you lose your memories, and this doesn't happen when you damage any other part of the brain. Thus if you recreate exactly those neurons you will get the same memories.
~Yraelz, 2017

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2018 4:28:33 PM
At 1/25/2018 3:15:20 PM, Smithereens wrote:

Your memory is encoded in your neurons. We know this because if you damage your hippocampus, you lose your memories, and this doesn't happen when you damage any other part of the brain. Thus if you recreate exactly those neurons you will get the same memories.

The problem with cloning is that the DNA cells degrade too fast, the clone can not stay viable long enough, all cloned animals in labs have died after a couple of years of being cloned. We humans can't replicate life, we can't play God and copy humans
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2018 12:38:22 AM
At 1/25/2018 4:28:33 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/25/2018 3:15:20 PM, Smithereens wrote:

The problem with cloning is that the DNA cells degrade too fast, the clone can not stay viable long enough, all cloned animals in labs have died after a couple of years of being cloned. We humans can't replicate life, we can't play God and copy humans

This is not the cloning that I talked about. That type of cloning makes a completely different individual based on stem cell techniques. cloning used for FTL would require entanglement of every subatomic particle, which we cannot do.
~Yraelz, 2017