Jump to topic:

Adults are boring people with responsibility

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2017 8:23:29 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Adults are just boring people with responsibilities. When you are young, you party, you hang out with friends, you go clubbing, drinking do whatever you want, then you go out to get a career and all of a sudden you are an adult with responsibilities, a mortgage, kids, nagging wife and then you do it for 30+ years and you just become the boring, standing around the water cooler person or talking about Iron Chef or what the weather will bring, boring adult. Yawn!!

I'm going to be a kid forever, people say grow up, I say why so I can be boring like you, no thanks, I'm going to party, drink have fun and travel the world, screw the mortgage, I will rent, forget about the wife, I will be a bachelor picking up each weekend, and if I get old, I will pick up cougars. having no responsibilities is great!!!

I'm never growing up!!!
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2017 10:59:53 PM
ikr
Beginner Series Mafia Mod. PM if interested***
-
"I bet you're thinking right now 'haha I'm a genius'. well you're not" - Valkrin

"You're too young to be so wise, mate. Tone it down a little." - Devilry

*puffs bubble pipe*
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2017 10:28:32 PM
At 12/13/2017 10:59:53 PM, Vaarka wrote:
ikr
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

"Sometimes it is hell, trying to get to heaven."- Undertaker
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2017 12:46:19 AM
At 12/13/2017 8:23:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Adults are just boring people with responsibilities. When you are young, you party, you hang out with friends, you go clubbing, drinking do whatever you want, then you go out to get a career and all of a sudden you are an adult with responsibilities, a mortgage, kids, nagging wife and then you do it for 30+ years and you just become the boring, standing around the water cooler person or talking about Iron Chef or what the weather will bring, boring adult. Yawn!!

I'm going to be a kid forever, people say grow up, I say why so I can be boring like you, no thanks, I'm going to party, drink have fun and travel the world, screw the mortgage, I will rent, forget about the wife, I will be a bachelor picking up each weekend, and if I get old, I will pick up cougars. having no responsibilities is great!!!

I'm never growing up!!!

I still do all that, and don't see it ending in the foreseeable future. Age is a state of mind. I actually love being an adult. Lucid view of the drive, hair blowing back in the lambo convertible... that's what it should feel like. Don't be a stressed / snob adult... they are the boring ones. "Traditions" Okay... imma go play some Overwatch then go to a strip joint, peace.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2017 1:40:28 PM
I still do all that, and don't see it ending in the foreseeable future. Age is a state of mind. I actually love being an adult. Lucid view of the drive, hair blowing back in the lambo convertible... that's what it should feel like. Don't be a stressed / snob adult... they are the boring ones. "Traditions" Okay... imma go play some Overwatch then go to a strip joint, peace.

That sounds awesome!!! Cheers!!
Eye_of_the_Needle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 3:02:35 AM
Adults are just boring people with responsibilities. When you are young, you party,

Until you get older and are too tired to party. I cant even hang out past 8 o'clock anymore without wanting to pass out.

you hang out with friends,

Until you realize that all your "friends" are just acquaintances that don't matter half as much as you think they do. During your twenties you will watch them slowly disappear one by one, as they go off and dedicate themselves to family and career. Ironically, you will be more than happy to let most of them go.

you go clubbing, drinking

By your late 20s, the only people who club and party hard are the worst people you know. The ones whose lives are falling apart and who have no real quality as people. So your options are to either hang with them or hang with younger people. Occasionally I've tried to hang with the younger crowd to recapture my glory days, but it comes with a particular brand of depression because it requires faking your maturity.

do whatever you want,

Until life beats you down over and over again and you realize you must conform. It's called "growing up" and you can't beat it.

then you go out to get a career and all of a sudden you are an adult with responsibilities,

Responsibility is one of the most important philosophical subjects IMO. The basis for personhood is the balance between ability and response-ability. If your responsibility increases, it is only because your ability has increased. This balance cannot be broken. So if you don't want responsibilities, you will have to refrain from increasing your abilities. Which is impossible even if it was your desire.

a mortgage,

Do you want to live in a nice place and build equity or do you want to pay somebody else to listen to Daquan bumping his rap music all night above your room and breaking into your car twice a year?

kids, nagging wife

Kids are your creation. The rewards are immeasurable. You can have a nagging wife or you can settle for whores.

and then you do it for 30+ years and you just become the boring, standing around the water cooler person or talking about Iron Chef or what the weather will bring, boring adult. Yawn!!

Well do interesting stuff instead of getting an office job.

I'm never growing up!!!

I don't think you even believe that. You just lack a proper role model.
The Ends cannot justify the Means.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2017 2:14:21 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 12/23/2017 3:02:35 AM, Eye_of_the_Needle wrote:
Adults are just boring people with responsibilities. When you are young, you party,

Until you get older and are too tired to party. I cant even hang out past 8 o'clock anymore without wanting to pass out.

you hang out with friends,

Until you realize that all your "friends" are just acquaintances that don't matter half as much as you think they do. During your twenties you will watch them slowly disappear one by one, as they go off and dedicate themselves to family and career. Ironically, you will be more than happy to let most of them go.

you go clubbing, drinking

By your late 20s, the only people who club and party hard are the worst people you know. The ones whose lives are falling apart and who have no real quality as people. So your options are to either hang with them or hang with younger people. Occasionally I've tried to hang with the younger crowd to recapture my glory days, but it comes with a particular brand of depression because it requires faking your maturity.

do whatever you want,

Until life beats you down over and over again and you realize you must conform. It's called "growing up" and you can't beat it.

then you go out to get a career and all of a sudden you are an adult with responsibilities,

Responsibility is one of the most important philosophical subjects IMO. The basis for personhood is the balance between ability and response-ability. If your responsibility increases, it is only because your ability has increased. This balance cannot be broken. So if you don't want responsibilities, you will have to refrain from increasing your abilities. Which is impossible even if it was your desire.

a mortgage,

Do you want to live in a nice place and build equity or do you want to pay somebody else to listen to Daquan bumping his rap music all night above your room and breaking into your car twice a year?

kids, nagging wife

Kids are your creation. The rewards are immeasurable. You can have a nagging wife or you can settle for whores.

and then you do it for 30+ years and you just become the boring, standing around the water cooler person or talking about Iron Chef or what the weather will bring, boring adult. Yawn!!

Well do interesting stuff instead of getting an office job.

I'm never growing up!!!

I don't think you even believe that. You just lack a proper role model.

I like your answers, they do make sense, BUT, now I just drink at pubs being older, I pic up single moms and cougars instead of young girls, I can still rent in a nicer neighborhood not some ghetto apartment, and my role models are professional baseball and hockey players as I wanted to be a pro but came up short in the minors. But I'm still not growing up, I refuse to sit at the water cooler discussing the weather or current events, life is too short to be a responsible adult. Lets party!!! Just give me some alcohol and some good music and I'm good to go.