Jump to topic:

I hate my life.

NKJVPrewrather
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 12:56:54 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
You people are all I have online besides Google and my church. I want to marry the man of my dreams and I will probably die alone. I stay alive because I have my mother. That's it. If I'm going to die alone, why stay alive. That's why I leave gays alone. My religion is irrelevant to their rights, because NO ONE should die alone. I will not do anything stupid, so don't report me, unless you count smoking. You guys are like family. I love you always, Dana. #NeedAFriend
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 2:22:55 AM
At 12/23/2017 12:56:54 AM, NKJVPrewrather wrote:
You people are all I have online besides Google and my church. I want to marry the man of my dreams and I will probably die alone. I stay alive because I have my mother. That's it. If I'm going to die alone, why stay alive. That's why I leave gays alone. My religion is irrelevant to their rights, because NO ONE should die alone. I will not do anything stupid, so don't report me, unless you count smoking. You guys are like family. I love you always, Dana. #NeedAFriend

I just bought some wine. It's tasty, and I don't know a thing about selecting wines.
Crying about how much the Trump wall is going to cost is like a heroin addict complaining about how much the needles cost.
Eye_of_the_Needle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 2:27:30 AM

It's a mistake to make posts like this, you are just inviting trolls and setting yourself up to be mocked. If you require companionship you should close the computer and get out there. The easiest way to make connections is to take a hobby or interest and get out and do it. The possibilities are endless. Coming online seeking friends is a horrible idea.
The Ends cannot justify the Means.
Swagnarok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 3:51:56 AM
At 12/23/2017 2:27:30 AM, Eye_of_the_Needle wrote:

It's a mistake to make posts like this, you are just inviting trolls and setting yourself up to be mocked. If you require companionship you should close the computer and get out there. The easiest way to make connections is to take a hobby or interest and get out and do it. The possibilities are endless. Coming online seeking friends is a horrible idea.

The internet is a two-way street: it can bring the worst out in people, but it can also filter out some of a person's worst real-life aspects, keep it from factoring into the online conversation between two people who've never met IRL.
The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of.
-Blaise Pascal
Eye_of_the_Needle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 4:31:20 AM
At 12/23/2017 3:51:56 AM, Swagnarok wrote:

The internet is a two-way street: it can bring the worst out in people, but it can also filter out some of a person's worst real-life aspects, keep it from factoring into the online conversation between two people who've never met IRL.

Interesting viewpoint. So you think it's healthy for her to replace RL socialization with online friend-making in her situation?
The Ends cannot justify the Means.
Swagnarok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 4:53:17 AM
At 12/23/2017 4:31:20 AM, Eye_of_the_Needle wrote:
At 12/23/2017 3:51:56 AM, Swagnarok wrote:

Interesting viewpoint. So you think it's healthy for her to replace RL socialization with online friend-making in her situation?

It's not necessarily a question of what's healthy. It's a question of what is and isn't possible.
I will say, though: it's probably a lot easier for a woman to pull off than a man.
The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of.
-Blaise Pascal
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 5:16:56 AM

I know what you mean. People come to this site all the time for these types of reasons.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

"Sometimes it is hell, trying to get to heaven."- Undertaker

Keep a Positive Mental Attitude!

DDO Hall of Famer
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 7:57:54 AM

Don't feel that way. I understand that our lives can seem terrible and all at first glance, I mean, I used to feel that way all the time (and sometimes I still do). First of all, don't even think about the thought of dying alone. Whenever you'll find someone to be with, it'll happen, as there is no rush to it. To find someone to be with for the rest of your life, the last thing you want to be is desperate, as then you finish up starting to date some random individual who perhaps is lacking certain traits which may be important to you. Then again though, don't just picture some kind of perfect individual as your perfect soulmate, and recognize which traits are the most important to you (I recommend prioritising personality over appearance, obviously). Your mother isn't the only reason why you should remain alive. You should want to remain alive for yourself as well. You have the right to live and no one can take that away from you. Give yourself a chance, and if you need to talk to someone, (even though we don't quite know each other lol), I'm here and my inbox is always open.
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 9:35:03 AM
What do you want me to do about it?

I don't feel pity for anyone who is alone, if this wasn't/isn't the path you want then change it. Perhaps, you shouldn't have destroyed your ability to have kids; you wouldn't be be lonely then.

So, the only advice I can give is:

Look for a partner, but don't set your sights too high. Your mother isn't going to be here forever so now is the chance.
Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 4:02:07 PM

What about your bro in the sky?
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 5:23:29 PM
At 12/23/2017 9:35:03 AM, Emilrose wrote:
What do you want me to do about it?

I don't feel pity for anyone who is alone, if this wasn't/isn't the path you want then change it. Perhaps, you shouldn't have destroyed your ability to have kids; you wouldn't be be lonely then.

So, the only advice I can give is:

Look for a partner, but don't set your sights too high. Your mother isn't going to be here forever so now is the chance.

^ Get in good shape, that's the easiest way to start a conversation with a man in general. Alcohol doesn't hurt but if you're heavily religious just attend every church function you can get to. With faked confidence, reasonably style and shape men will be everywhere. I'll agree that you can always get a man as long as you keep your expectations very low to start since you've indicated you don't have much experience keeping one around.
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2017 8:25:20 PM
At 12/23/2017 2:34:32 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
That's exactly why I don't eat sun dried tomatoes.

This is not first time you mention the sun dried tomatoes. Is it a sort of joke?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2017 3:50:37 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Why do people air their dirty laundry on the internet. I find it mind boggling. It is no different than walking up to strangers in the street and trying to discuss your personal problems with them. How one can not see that is again mind boggling.
Beware of the people who are in your circle but are not in your corner.

And with the stroke of a pen people 18 to 21 who own a gun became criminals and public enemy #1 having committed no crime and having said nothing. Just like the Jews in Germany during WW2. Must be a weird feeling.

When I hear people crying and whining about their first world problems I think about the universe with everything in it and people in wheelchairs and all of their problems go away.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2017 3:50:37 PM
Why do people air their dirty laundry on the internet. I find it mind boggling. It is no different than walking up to strangers in the street and trying to discuss your personal problems with them. How one can not see that is again mind boggling.
Beware of the people who are in your circle but are not in your corner.

And with the stroke of a pen people 18 to 21 who own a gun became criminals and public enemy #1 having committed no crime and having said nothing. Just like the Jews in Germany during WW2. Must be a weird feeling.

When I hear people crying and whining about their first world problems I think about the universe with everything in it and people in wheelchairs and all of their problems go away.
tenyearsoflight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2017 4:50:54 AM

We all have sh[i]t that we deal with. I'm gay and my entire family are homophobes. I'm not the kind of guy who can just fly under the radar about it either. It's like this unspoken timebomb that no one has ever said anything about but it's like it's looming all over.

I've never had a real boyfriend, and I'm really skinny and even though I'm in college I absolutely hate my life more than anything else. I feel like I'm the dumbest person in the room more often than not and I am terrible at public speaking and I hate the way that I sound when I talk because my voice sounds gay and I hate it.

I wanted not to be gay for so long. I wanted when even I was a little kid not to be gay but I've known for that long, although the only good thing is that I learned early that I was probably going to be punished if I acted gay in any way so I stopped and pretended to be something else because I had no choice. I've never been big enough to play sports or compete in anything like that, either. I had a really hard time making friends except with girls but that only made it worse because when I was around other guys they would make fun of me for that too.

I've been called a f(a)ggot, told I was going to hell, told that being a f(a)ggot was worse than being a murderer or a rapist, and no one ever did anything about it. I've cried myself to sleep more times than I am willing to admit but you know what? I get up every morning and put on a brave face because the only other option I have to give up and quitting is not an option.

I'm sorry to hear what you're going through, but the only person in control of your life is you. We all go through sh(i)t and it's not fair and we don't get what we deserve. Assholes get ahead and people who actually give a f(u)ck about other people don't and every time I see it I hate it. But you have to hold your head up and keep moving forward. No matter what, you have to keep walking on.
#snowflake
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2017 2:00:43 PM

Excellent advice!! I agree, don't expect sympathy on-line, get out in the real world and meet people, too many trolls on-line
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2017 2:07:06 PM
At 12/25/2017 4:50:54 AM, tenyearsoflight wrote:

We all have sh[i]t that we deal with. I'm gay and my entire family are homophobes. I'm not the kind of guy who can just fly under the radar about it either. It's like this unspoken timebomb that no one has ever said anything about but it's like it's looming all over.

I've never had a real boyfriend, and I'm really skinny and even though I'm in college I absolutely hate my life more than anything else. I feel like I'm the dumbest person in the room more often than not and I am terrible at public speaking and I hate the way that I sound when I talk because my voice sounds gay and I hate it.

I wanted not to be gay for so long. I wanted when even I was a little kid not to be gay but I've known for that long, although the only good thing is that I learned early that I was probably going to be punished if I acted gay in any way so I stopped and pretended to be something else because I had no choice. I've never been big enough to play sports or compete in anything like that, either. I had a really hard time making friends except with girls but that only made it worse because when I was around other guys they would make fun of me for that too.

I've been called a f(a)ggot, told I was going to hell, told that being a f(a)ggot was worse than being a murderer or a rapist, and no one ever did anything about it. I've cried myself to sleep more times than I am willing to admit but you know what? I get up every morning and put on a brave face because the only other option I have to give up and quitting is not an option.

I'm sorry to hear what you're going through, but the only person in control of your life is you. We all go through sh(i)t and it's not fair and we don't get what we deserve. Assholes get ahead and people who actually give a f(u)ck about other people don't and every time I see it I hate it. But you have to hold your head up and keep moving forward. No matter what, you have to keep walking on.

Your post is awesome and very inspiring. If you live in Toronto, I suggest maybe moving to the Church and Welsley area of Toronto, there is a huge gay community there and people do not get bullied or feel ashamed of being gay. Being gay is normal and the people there are friendly with everyone and you wouldn't be criticized or punished in any way.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2017 2:17:41 PM
At 12/27/2017 2:00:43 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Excellent advice!! I agree, don't expect sympathy on-line, get out in the real world and meet people, too many trolls on-line

never underestimate the benefit of online dating sites, that's how a meet my wife and my last long term relationship. It's not easy but if you can cut out the b.s. from yourself and others, it saves a lot of time. Get to the point and lay it all out there, either you will find someone with like mind or you won't. Not finding someone can be better than being in a horrible relationship.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2017 3:38:26 PM
At 12/27/2017 2:17:41 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

never underestimate the benefit of online dating sites, that's how a meet my wife and my last long term relationship. It's not easy but if you can cut out the b.s. from yourself and others, it saves a lot of time. Get to the point and lay it all out there, either you will find someone with like mind or you won't. Not finding someone can be better than being in a horrible relationship.

Did you meet your wife on ChristianMingle.com, LOL, sorry couldn't help myself
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2017 3:47:10 PM
At 12/27/2017 3:38:26 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

blacksonly.com
there's a dot com for everything lol farmers etc, nope it was plenty of fish.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2017 4:52:08 PM
At 12/27/2017 3:47:10 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

blacksonly.com

Someday I want to try the speed dating format, where you sit with a person for 5 minutes, then move over to the next table for another 5 minutes and then you just keep doing it all night. I'm just curious to try it
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2017 5:00:14 PM
At 12/27/2017 4:52:08 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

blacksonly.com

Someday I want to try the speed dating format, where you sit with a person for 5 minutes, then move over to the next table for another 5 minutes and then you just keep doing it all night. I'm just curious to try it

I was too, but that's only available in large cities etc, but it does make sense in a lot of ways, you cut through the b.s. and see how you compatible you might be, or not.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2017 5:11:05 PM
At 12/27/2017 5:00:14 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

blacksonly.com

I was too, but that's only available in large cities etc, but it does make sense in a lot of ways, you cut through the b.s. and see how you compatible you might be, or not.

Exactly, that is why I think it's great, 5 minutes and then next, that way no matter how bad or unappealing the person is, you know it's over in 5 minutes.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2017 5:13:48 PM
At 12/27/2017 5:11:05 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 12/27/2017 5:00:14 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

blacksonly.com

Exactly, that is why I think it's great, 5 minutes and then next, that way no matter how bad or unappealing the person is, you know it's over in 5 minutes.

it forces you to be honest and bypass some of the pleasantry b.s. I really dislike people to tell you what they think you want to hear rather than the truth. Often I'll get looks and I say if you don't want an honest opinion, don't ask them then.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2017 5:24:53 PM
it forces you to be honest and bypass some of the pleasantry b.s. I really dislike people to tell you what they think you want to hear rather than the truth. Often I'll get looks and I say if you don't want an honest opinion, don't ask them then.

Don't all women tell you what you want to hear until you marry them?? lol

Then the belt comes out
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2017 6:31:34 PM
At 12/27/2017 5:24:53 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Then the belt comes out

many do, even to the point they make them selves believe it, it's getting past all that and into reality is the only thing that will make for a lasting relationship.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2017 6:43:14 PM
At 12/27/2017 6:31:34 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Then the belt comes out

many do, even to the point they make them selves believe it, it's getting past all that and into reality is the only thing that will make for a lasting relationship.

Dating to me is like a job interview, you are on your best behavior, saying all the right things and then once the wedding bells ring, then a whole different person appears and if you don't want kids then don't even bother getting married, because even if the woman says she wants no kids, once they get married they want them.

That is why I prefer to stay single and date but never proposing, once I get the ultimatum, I say goodbye.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2017 6:45:18 PM
At 12/27/2017 6:43:14 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 12/27/2017 6:31:34 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Then the belt comes out

Dating to me is like a job interview, you are on your best behavior, saying all the right things and then once the wedding bells ring, then a whole different person appears and if you don't want kids then don't even bother getting married, because even if the woman says she wants no kids, once they get married they want them.

That is why I prefer to stay single and date but never proposing, once I get the ultimatum, I say goodbye.

yep you are on your best behavior to attract then once comfortable you start acting like yourself, the "you changed" happened before you ever meet.