Jump to topic:

Sleep Paralysis: Share Your Experiences

MRAAJ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2017 1:52:23 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
I want to start a discussion about Sleep Paralysis. The mind is a complex puzzle, we haven't truly worked out the mechanisms of dreams, nightmares and night terrors. This aspect of the mind amazes me, my first experience with SP happened in the first year of uni, and I've had it infrequently ever since Acknowledging this, I'd like to hear other people's experiences in the comments
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2017 8:13:54 AM
OMFG. I get this periodically. The most interesting are the hallucinations. For the longest time I was not aware of what was happening so I accepted them as real. I still get a lot of stress and try to move but I think I've developed some kind of instinct where I understand I'm hallucinating at least.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2018 7:48:08 PM
At 12/29/2017 1:52:23 PM, MRAAJ wrote:
I want to start a discussion about Sleep Paralysis. The mind is a complex puzzle, we haven't truly worked out the mechanisms of dreams, nightmares and night terrors. This aspect of the mind amazes me, my first experience with SP happened in the first year of uni, and I've had it infrequently ever since Acknowledging this, I'd like to hear other people's experiences in the comments

Every now and then, I'll wake up in a sweat. Like I'll just frantically sit up, gasping for breath. My vision is all foggy, I feel like I can't breathe, and everything is a dull gray for about ten seconds. I'll often lie there for an hour afterwards, just trying to figure our what it was that scared me enough to wake me up, and then eventually falling back asleep.

Usually happens one or two times a year. It's not that often. Last one was some time over the summer, where I randomly woke up around four in the morning and almost screamed.
Beginner Series Mafia Mod. PM if interested***
-
"I bet you're thinking right now 'haha I'm a genius'. well you're not" - Valkrin

"You're too young to be so wise, mate. Tone it down a little." - Devilry

*puffs bubble pipe*
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2018 8:19:52 PM

I always end up dreaming about a blond tall blue eyed maid cleaning my house in my dream and then I wake up pitching a tent, I don't know how that happens?
MRAAJ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2018 5:15:17 AM
These are some interesting stories so far, i recall my first one was actually nice, in it i started to 'move around' n even thought i went next door in the hall to make out with a crush. I'm reality, didn't move one bit.

After that it became stressful, started feeling a pressure pulling me down or off the bed. over time i learnt that being in the moment helps you realise the situation eg like praying. I also read that you should check your watch or phone regularly at night, because if you're hallucinating, you'll naturally check your phone, n if you can't read it, u know ur still asleep. It defo helps, but still the experience is so overwhelming sometimes its by surprise. It might be due to lack of sleep or poor nutrition, idk. fascinating
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2018 5:57:14 AM

At first I would just sense a harmful presense in the room. Often a break in then bugs crawling towards my face. I've seen an alien probe that looked like an alien probe from Dr who. Once I saw myself on the floor next to me and I he told me to 'stfu' since he was trying to sleep.

The lack of movement still bothers me a lot even though calming down and relaxing makes it go a lot easier. I'll still convince myself I'm moving and have gotten my legs of the bed but when I wake up I'm in the same position. From what I've read you regain movement slowly and I think I sense this as I gain slight movement in my fingers and feet.