Jump to topic:

What global warming?

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 6:44:39 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
Anyone who says global warming is real is full of it. I'm sitting in north New York State freezing my nuts off in -24 F (-32 C) temperatures. It's been like this here for the last 7 days. So where is this global warming? I thought I would be able to grow oranges by now the way everyone is talking about global warming.

But no instead I'm freezing my cojones off for the last week and it doesn't look like it's going to warm up for another week at least.

Global warming my azz!!!
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 6:46:09 PM
At 1/2/2018 6:44:39 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Anyone who says global warming is real is full of it. I'm sitting in north New York State freezing my nuts off in -24 F (-32 C) temperatures. It's been like this here for the last 7 days. So where is this global warming? I thought I would be able to grow oranges by now the way everyone is talking about global warming.

But no instead I'm freezing my cojones off for the last week and it doesn't look like it's going to warm up for another week at least.

Global warming my azz!!!

Its about climate control and the random changes in weather you idiot.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 6:52:22 PM

Global warming my azz!!!

it's no longer called that since it doesn't fit the narrative, it's climate change, so every time something happens you can say, see it changed! It's so open ended and open to interpretation you can't really argue it, but you could when global warming didn't happen.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 7:09:35 PM
At 1/2/2018 6:52:22 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Global warming my azz!!!

it's no longer called that since it doesn't fit the narrative, it's climate change, so every time something happens you can say, see it changed! It's so open ended and open to interpretation you can't really argue it, but you could when global warming didn't happen.

Your right, this whole global warming pandemic is all BS, the climate on earth has changed for the last 65 million years, we have had 2 ice ages, the weather changes have happened way before human civilization, but all of a sudden people freak out because they are comparing 150 years of data from 4.5 billion years of earths life.

All I know is that I'm freezing my nut sack off and about to have frostbite like I was in Alaska or something and I'm in New York, WTF, bring on this global warming, I live on a hill, I don't care if there is flooding, I will have nice lake side property than!!! LOL
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 7:32:53 PM
Well, I'm burning here in the south.

Global warming is not exactly what the name implies. As far as I know it refers to the ice melting in the poles and in the Andes. When I visited Los Andes in Peru there was much less ice than in the past.

By the way, where did you get that word "cojones"? I know that in Florida and California people speak Spanish almost as an official language. But in New York?
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 7:37:28 PM

Global warming my azz!!!

Global warming is coming about.

Geeziz, what is going on with you Americans?
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 7:40:13 PM
At 1/2/2018 7:32:53 PM, Archaholic wrote:

Global warming is not exactly what the name implies. As far as I know it refers to the ice melting in the poles and in the Andes. When I visited Los Andes in Peru there was much less ice than in the past.

By the way, where did you get that word "cojones"? I know that in Florida and California people speak Spanish almost as an official language. But in New York?

There are a lot of Spanish speaking people in New York, my landscape artist Jesus and my maid Lolita speak Spanish , so I hear it all the time

Trust me you do not want to be in New York State right now, I need to move south to Florida, Texas, or Arizona, I'm getting too old for this freezing your cojones off weather here and the back breaking snow shoveling. I will take the heat any day. I think it's time to move to a gated community in Florida, with all the old people!!!
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 7:47:30 PM
At 1/2/2018 7:40:13 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

There are a lot of Spanish speaking people in New York, my landscape artist Jesus and my maid Lolita speak Spanish , so I hear it all the time

Trust me you do not want to be in New York State right now, I need to move south to Florida, Texas, or Arizona, I'm getting too old for this freezing your cojones off weather here and the back breaking snow shoveling. I will take the heat any day. I think it's time to move to a gated community in Florida, with all the old people!!!
And how are you getting on with Lolita? Do you know what "Lolita" means in Spanish?
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 7:51:13 PM
At 1/2/2018 7:47:30 PM, Archaholic wrote:

And how are you getting on with Lolita? Do you know what "Lolita" means in Spanish?

Lolita is a 65 year old cleaning lady, that comes over once every 2 weeks to clean my house because I'm a slob.

What does Lolita mean in Spanish?
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 7:58:31 PM
At 1/2/2018 7:37:28 PM, Archaholic wrote:

Global warming my azz!!!

is it? first the polar bear number where down, now they are up. Then the ice was going away now it's not, maybe it's just normal ebbed and flow of nature. Do you have knowledge of any of this being permanent rather than just a cycle?
Slav_ka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 8:02:44 PM
The ice caps in the Arctic and raising sea levels suggest otherwise.
At 1/2/2018 7:27:55 PM, inferno wrote:
You are very elusive, number one. Your energy is dark. Very backstabbing. You do not keep secrets well. You are nasty, and vile with your words. A persons words is a reflection of their conscious mind. But you are a charming individual no doubt.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 8:12:51 PM
At 1/2/2018 8:02:44 PM, Slav_ka wrote:

Hasn't this already happened many times before in the 65 million years, and there were no cars or mass cities back then either to blame for pollution.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 8:15:58 PM

https://www.nasa.gov...
"The good news is that Antarctica is not currently contributing to sea level rise, but is taking 0.23 millimeters per year away,"

https://insideclimatenews.org...
"One has to say that Arctic sea ice is completely different from Antarctic sea ice, which almost melts completely back each summer,"

"For example, some winters, more snow accumulates on continents than usual," Tapio Schneider told PopSci via email. "When that happens, water that otherwise would be in the oceans is locked on land, until it thaws and flows back into the oceans. Or, temperature fluctuations lead to temporary warming or cooling of ocean waters. Because water expands as it warms, warming raises sea level (and cooling lowers it)"even when that warming or cooling is temporary."
https://www.popsci.com...
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 8:26:52 PM
At 1/2/2018 7:09:35 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Global warming my azz!!!

Your right, this whole global warming pandemic is all BS, the climate on earth has changed for the last 65 million years, we have had 2 ice ages, the weather changes have happened way before human civilization, but all of a sudden people freak out because they are comparing 150 years of data from 4.5 billion years of earths life.

All I know is that I'm freezing my nut sack off and about to have frostbite like I was in Alaska or something and I'm in New York, WTF, bring on this global warming, I live on a hill, I don't care if there is flooding, I will have nice lake side property than!!! LOL

You are freezing and here in California we have highs temps. This feel like spring not winter over here...
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 8:39:57 PM
At 1/2/2018 8:26:52 PM, Nd2400 wrote:

Global warming my azz!!!

You are freezing and here in California we have highs temps. This feel like spring not winter over here...

Ya ya, go ahead and rub it in, while my nose and fingers are turning black from frost bite. Man I wish I was in California right now, I am so jealous!!!

I wish I could just hibernate for the winter months like a bear, I'm not an Eskimo so I hate the cold, why the hell did my parents not settle down in Texas or Florida or California when I was younger. I'm telling you once my parents pass away and I'm not helping them anymore I'm saying sayonara to New York and moving south!!!
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 8:50:03 PM
At 1/2/2018 7:51:13 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Lolita is a 65 year old cleaning lady, that comes over once every 2 weeks to clean my house because I'm a slob.

Oh God, an old lady called Lolita. ROFL.

You should read the novel Lolita. It's a fancy story about a prohibited delicious relation with a very young girl.
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 8:51:58 PM
At 1/2/2018 8:39:57 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/2/2018 8:26:52 PM, Nd2400 wrote:

Global warming my azz!!!

Ya ya, go ahead and rub it in, while my nose and fingers are turning black from frost bite. Man I wish I was in California right now, I am so jealous!!!

I wish I could just hibernate for the winter months like a bear, I'm not an Eskimo so I hate the cold, why the hell did my parents not settle down in Texas or Florida or California when I was younger. I'm telling you once my parents pass away and I'm not helping them anymore I'm saying sayonara to New York and moving south!!!

LoL. Yea right now i would not even think about visiting anywhere on the east coast. Maybe climate change could change next year.lol
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 8:53:18 PM
At 1/2/2018 8:15:58 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

"The good news is that Antarctica is not currently contributing to sea level rise, but is taking 0.23 millimeters per year away,"

"One has to say that Arctic sea ice is completely different from Antarctic sea ice, which almost melts completely back each summer,"

"For example, some winters, more snow accumulates on continents than usual," Tapio Schneider told PopSci via email. "When that happens, water that otherwise would be in the oceans is locked on land, until it thaws and flows back into the oceans. Or, temperature fluctuations lead to temporary warming or cooling of ocean waters. Because water expands as it warms, warming raises sea level (and cooling lowers it)"even when that warming or cooling is temporary."

These articles say nothing about the subject at hand. There are indeed other articles that confirm global warming and climate change.

C'mon, Americans, you're talking like Trump.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 9:03:17 PM
At 1/2/2018 8:53:18 PM, Archaholic wrote:

These articles say nothing about the subject at hand. There are indeed other articles that confirm global warming and climate change.

ok so what permanent change can you point to?
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 9:29:50 PM
At 1/2/2018 8:50:03 PM, Archaholic wrote:
At 1/2/2018 7:51:13 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Oh God, an old lady called Lolita. ROFL.

You should read the novel Lolita. It's a fancy story about a prohibited delicious relation with a very young girl.

Yes a saggy old, oranges in nylons Lolita, no thanks, it's not like it's a 25 year old in a maid costume. (I wish)
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 9:37:08 PM
At 1/2/2018 9:03:17 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

It's not about permanent changes, to my knowledge, but about trends. The current trend is that the earth is getting warmer, which leads to serious issues, like for example the drought in several places around the globe.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 9:42:13 PM
At 1/2/2018 9:37:08 PM, Archaholic wrote:
At 1/2/2018 9:03:17 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

It's not about permanent changes, to my knowledge, but about trends. The current trend is that the earth is getting warmer, which leads to serious issues, like for example the drought in several places around the globe.

the problem is these so called weather events, have happened before or in some other way can be explained as a normal course of events. the wild fires in california is a good example of that, has nothing to do with climate change. I don't believe we know as much as we think. Now mind you there is no reason or argument against keeping our air and water as clean as possible, I'm not sure anyone could argue against that. But trying to predict the future I have a lot of skepticism about.
SecularMerlin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2018 3:21:24 AM

Global warming my azz!!!

Look up average yearly temperature. People have been keeping record of it for a long time. If you find that the global average has not taken a worrisome turn for the warmer in the last century get back to me with a citation. Remember it's the average that's important not the particular weather at a particular day in a particular place. If your car is overheating you may not feel any warmer in the back seat, the same goes for your cajones in New York.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2018 2:21:52 PM
At 1/3/2018 3:21:24 AM, SecularMerlin wrote:

Global warming my azz!!!

Look up average yearly temperature. People have been keeping record of it for a long time. If you find that the global average has not taken a worrisome turn for the warmer in the last century get back to me with a citation. Remember it's the average that's important not the particular weather at a particular day in a particular place. If your car is overheating you may not feel any warmer in the back seat, the same goes for your cajones in New York.

Well it certainly doesn't feel like global warming here in New York, my car battery died this morning it's so friggin cold and I had to push my car to the road so I could get a boost from a passing motorist.

I say bring on the global warming!!! I could use it up here in the great white. California I don't care about it, let it burn down, I don't live there LOL
SecularMerlin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2018 2:55:48 PM
At 1/3/2018 2:21:52 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Global warming my azz!!!

Well it certainly doesn't feel like global warming here in New York, my car battery died this morning it's so friggin cold and I had to push my car to the road so I could get a boost from a passing motorist.

I say bring on the global warming!!! I could use it up here in the great white. California I don't care about it, let it burn down, I don't live there LOL

The problem with that attitude is that global warming is global.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2018 3:14:25 PM
At 1/3/2018 2:55:48 PM, SecularMerlin wrote:

Global warming my azz!!!

The problem with my attitude is that it's not in my back yard, so I don't care. I want global warming so does everyone else who is freezing their nuts off in the north. I would love to see New York turn into Florida!!! I have plenty of room for some orange trees here.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2018 6:10:18 PM
At 1/2/2018 7:37:28 PM, Archaholic wrote:

Global warming my azz!!!

From my experience, Americans like complaining
Beginner Series Mafia Mod. PM if interested***
-
"I bet you're thinking right now 'haha I'm a genius'. well you're not" - Valkrin

"You're too young to be so wise, mate. Tone it down a little." - Devilry

*puffs bubble pipe*
SecularMerlin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2018 6:29:30 PM
At 1/3/2018 3:14:25 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Global warming my azz!!!

The problem with my attitude is that it's not in my back yard, so I don't care. I want global warming so does everyone else who is freezing their nuts off in the north. I would love to see New York turn into Florida!!! I have plenty of room for some orange trees here.

In the scenario you are describing New York doesn't turn into Florida, it turns into the Atlantic ocean.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2018 7:08:28 PM
At 1/3/2018 6:29:30 PM, SecularMerlin wrote:

Global warming my azz!!!

In the scenario you are describing New York doesn't turn into Florida, it turns into the Atlantic ocean.

Well like I said before, I don't live in Manhattan where it would be under 6 feet of water, I live around the Adirondack mountains so I would have a nice ocean view from my house on the hill. Bring on the global warming!!! Where is this El Ninio!! I want to tan in February in my back yard and grow citrus fruit, while those stock brokers on Wall Street are drowning in their million dollar brown stones!!! LOL
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2018 7:20:23 PM
At 1/3/2018 7:08:28 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/3/2018 6:29:30 PM, SecularMerlin wrote:

Global warming my azz!!!

Well like I said before, I don't live in Manhattan where it would be under 6 feet of water, I live around the Adirondack mountains so I would have a nice ocean view from my house on the hill. Bring on the global warming!!! Where is this El Ninio!! I want to tan in February in my back yard and grow citrus fruit, while those stock brokers on Wall Street are drowning in their million dollar brown stones!!! LOL

lol
well if you want to warm up the area you need to cut down all the trees and remove the plants. I remember some documentary that showed cities are much hotter than their surrounding area because they lack plants and plants cool the temperature. This is why you see roof top gardens etc, which actually does help. I've stated it before Co2 helps plants grow, we should know this from elementary school. The skeptics show an increase in plant grown in areas previously barren, grown that they attribute to man made Co2. As we increase Co2 it increases plant growth which then cools or otherwise stabilizes the temperature. Obviously there's a tipping point where too much isn't useful or even harmful but the science seems sound.
We need more parking lots to really warm things up. Those bastages get super hot in the summer!