Jump to topic:

The Immortal Contract

Raumulus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2017 6:18:32 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
My question is simply put: is there such a thing as a never-terminating contract?

Can one party make with another some agreement, which can never be terminated?
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2017 7:48:40 PM
At 12/14/2017 6:18:32 AM, Raumulus wrote:
My question is simply put: is there such a thing as a never-terminating contract?

Give more context. If we are just imagining, there are situations which you cannot get out of a contract one can imagine/make-up... something like the idea of "hell."

If you are talking about literally or realistically... every contract can be broken or terminated.
"For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity." --- Jean Dubuffet
Raumulus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2017 11:14:21 PM
At 12/14/2017 7:48:40 PM, Outplayz wrote:

Give more context. If we are just imagining, there are situations which you cannot get out of a contract one can imagine/make-up... something like the idea of "hell."

If you are talking about literally or realistically... every contract can be broken or terminated.

I suppose what I have in mind is the union which states often make, which they claim to be indissoluble. For instance the United States of America, they say that succession is illegal, because the Union is "One nation, indivisible." Can such a union really be formed?
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2017 11:20:27 PM
At 12/14/2017 11:14:21 PM, Raumulus wrote:

I suppose what I have in mind is the union which states often make, which they claim to be indissoluble. For instance the United States of America, they say that succession is illegal, because the Union is "One nation, indivisible." Can such a union really be formed?

No, bc if things go really downhill, things can be changed. The whole country went to war to become one nation "under all" ... etc. So, it happened then, and if things really get bad, something like that can happen again and change things up. Changing would be scrapping the "contract." As long as a contract is fair and does what it says, its fine... and, possible can stay like that forever. But, that is only bc it is doing what it's suppose to... if the contract fails, it changes.
"For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity." --- Jean Dubuffet
Raumulus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2017 11:25:01 PM
At 12/14/2017 11:20:27 PM, Outplayz wrote:

No, bc if things go really downhill, things can be changed. The whole country went to war to become one nation "under all" ... etc. So, it happened then, and if things really get bad, something like that can happen again and change things up. Changing would be scrapping the "contract." As long as a contract is fair and does what it says, its fine... and, possible can stay like that forever. But, that is only bc it is doing what it's suppose to... if the contract fails, it changes.

Yes, if the terms of contract are broken, then the contract is not binding. But can two nations make a contract to be united indefinitely, upon no conditions. Such that members of both nations are bound by a contract signed years before either was born?
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2017 11:35:13 PM
At 12/14/2017 11:25:01 PM, Raumulus wrote:
At 12/14/2017 11:20:27 PM, Outplayz wrote:

Yes, if the terms of contract are broken, then the contract is not binding. But can two nations make a contract to be united indefinitely, upon no conditions. Such that members of both nations are bound by a contract signed years before either was born?

I guess they already have signing the Bill of Rights into existence. I guess in this case, if you base this contract on morality, you will have a pretty solid contract. This is actually an interesting twist on objective morality. How down the line will humans agree with our morality today? Well... there are certain things i feel we are doing that are not moral that people think are immoral... such as activities related to sex. People are looked up for having pleasure with others... i think this is immoral.... and, i feel in the future people will agree with me, but that's the thing... the contract is so all encompassing that it allows someone like me to change a rule if there are enough of me. In a sense, the contract is pretty iron clad... thinking of every angle.

So, in that sense, unless our morals totally flip, and our ethics totally flip, etc... i think we have a pretty eternal contract right now, in America and other Western Countries. A contract based on freedom and liberty cannot be disliked at large due to it hearing everyone. Trends will just change certain things up, but the big goal of freedom remains... i think that is a pretty eternal contract and wish the rest of the world gets to experience it.

But... it can still change. North Korea can kill our government and set his up here and change the contract... it would take something like that, but since the contract is for the people, i don't think we will be tossing it any time soon.