Jump to topic:

Top News Story Of 2017 *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2017 4:28:52 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
I would say for me personally, the top news story of them all, and the one that shocked
me the most, was the Las Vegas massacre. There was a country music festival that took place there and it all turned tragic so quickly. About 60 people were shot to death while standing in a crowd, and even the ones who tried to escape, too. I believe that there is so much more to this story than we have been told. And I do strongly believe, that there is a government coverup about this tragedy. With that being said, I fear that another
domestic terrorist attack will happen, soon. Of all of the things you have seen in the news on or offline in 2017, which story impacted you the most. Which one would you rank at the top of the list.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2017 7:20:39 PM
At 12/29/2017 4:28:52 PM, inferno wrote:
I would say for me personally, the top news story of them all, and the one that shocked
me the most, was the Las Vegas massacre. There was a country music festival that took place there and it all turned tragic so quickly. About 60 people were shot to death while standing in a crowd, and even the ones who tried to escape, too. I believe that there is so much more to this story than we have been told. And I do strongly believe, that there is a government coverup about this tragedy. With that being said, I fear that another
domestic terrorist attack will happen, soon. Of all of the things you have seen in the news on or offline in 2017, which story impacted you the most. Which one would you rank at the top of the list.

Hmmmmmm.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2017 1:40:15 PM
Sure, all you libtards love that story.
1) It shows us how many people a gun owner can kill if he really puts his mind to it.
2) Those people were fans of country music, the kind of people who tend to be supporters of Trump.

Hey, maybe they should outlaw diesel fuel and fertilizer. You can make a truck bomb with those things that can kill even more people.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2017 3:07:06 PM

The shooting was really not that big news to me. It may have been horrible in its scale but this is the new normal now. You know it's a problem when the news begins with "there has been another mass shooting at...". And what exactly do you believe we have not been told? Have you been watching Alex Jones?

As far as the story that impacted me the most... Probably watching the President of the United States respond to a rogue nation developing the capability of being able to level the US with a nuclear missile by tweeting insult at its dictator over twitter... And his approval ratings remain largely unaffected.

2016 was the year that I found out that I live in a far less mature and intelligent country than I once thought. 2017 is the year I accepted it.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2017 6:01:37 PM
Crying about how much the Trump wall is going to cost is like a heroin addict complaining about how much the needles cost.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2017 8:30:53 PM
At 12/30/2017 3:07:06 PM, Double_R wrote:

The shooting was really not that big news to me. It may have been horrible in its scale but this is the new normal now. You know it's a problem when the news begins with "there has been another mass shooting at...". And what exactly do you believe we have not been told? Have you been watching Alex Jones?

As far as the story that impacted me the most... Probably watching the President of the United States respond to a rogue nation developing the capability of being able to level the US with a nuclear missile by tweeting insult at its dictator over twitter... And his approval ratings remain largely unaffected.

2016 was the year that I found out that I live in a far less mature and intelligent country than I once thought. 2017 is the year I accepted it.

Thanks
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2017 8:31:41 PM
At 12/30/2017 1:40:15 PM, xus00HAY wrote:
Sure, all you libtards love that story.
1) It shows us how many people a gun owner can kill if he really puts his mind to it.
2) Those people were fans of country music, the kind of people who tend to be supporters of Trump.

Hey, maybe they should outlaw diesel fuel and fertilizer. You can make a truck bomb with those things that can kill even more people.

I'm pro gun dumbazz
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2017 8:34:24 PM
At 12/30/2017 6:01:37 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

This happened because Trump emboldened a group of disenfranchised bigots who think America is too brown
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2017 11:46:49 PM
At 12/30/2017 8:34:24 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/30/2017 6:01:37 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

This happened because Trump emboldened a group of disenfranchised bigots who think America is too brown

2016 was the year that I found out that I live in a far less mature and intelligent country than I once thought. 2017 is the year I fought it.
Crying about how much the Trump wall is going to cost is like a heroin addict complaining about how much the needles cost.
PoliticalAIm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2017 12:25:00 AM

I think it's the top story too considering that there are so many unanswered questions, that I am really itching to hear. Very bizzare scenario that he got so many firearms in that hotel room unnoticed and that his motive hasn't been revealed yet.
Swagnarok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2017 12:31:27 AM
In no particular order:
1. Presidential Inauguration of Donald J. Trump
2. Las Vegas Shooting
3. North Korea testing an ICBM which theoretically has the range to strike the continental United States
4. The Tax Reform Bill
5. The Muslim Immigration Ban
6. The defeat of ISIL in Iraq and Syria
7. The allegations of and the special counsel's investigation into collusion between Russia and the 2016 Trump Presidential Campaign
8. They #MeToo Twitter campaign
9. The 2017 Alabama Senate Election
10. The UN Resolution that on paper outlawed the continued proliferation and possession of nuclear weapons across the world
11. The formation of PESCO, the armed wing of the European Union
12. The combat deployment of MOAB against Islamic militants in Afghanistan
13. The ousting of long-time Zimbabwean dictator Robert Mugabe
14. The repeatedly failed attempts by Congress to repeal and replace Obamacare
15. The 2017 French Presidential Election, which saw the election of Emmanuel Macron and dispelled the notion that Europe was on the verge of a right-wing populist revolutionary wave
The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of.
-Blaise Pascal
Swagnarok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2017 12:33:03 AM
At 12/31/2017 12:31:27 AM, Swagnarok wrote:
In no particular order:
2. Las Vegas Shooting
3. North Korea testing an ICBM which theoretically has the range to strike the continental United States
4. The Tax Reform Bill
7. The allegations of and the special counsel's investigation into collusion between Russia and the 2016 Trump Presidential Campaign
10. The UN Resolution that on paper outlawed the continued proliferation and possession of nuclear weapons across the world
15. The 2017 French Presidential Election, which saw the election of Emmanuel Macron and dispelled the notion that Europe was on the verge of a right-wing populist revolutionary wave
16. The confirmation of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court
The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of.
-Blaise Pascal
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 6:44:32 PM
At 12/31/2017 12:33:03 AM, Swagnarok wrote:
At 12/31/2017 12:31:27 AM, Swagnarok wrote:
In no particular order:
2. Las Vegas Shooting
4. The Tax Reform Bill
16. The confirmation of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court

Interesting list.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2018 5:17:13 AM
At 12/31/2017 12:25:00 AM, PoliticalAIm wrote:

I think it's the top story too considering that there are so many unanswered questions, that I am really itching to hear. Very bizzare scenario that he got so many firearms in that hotel room unnoticed and that his motive hasn't been revealed yet.

Bizarre how?

Guns are not hard to transport. You break them down, pack them, carry them in. He stayed there for what appears to be a few days, so a handful of trips. Why does it surprise everyone that a guy toting suitcases across a lobby of a major facility for lodging tourists would not be noticed?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
PoliticalAIm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2018 5:18:19 PM
At 1/3/2018 5:17:13 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Bizarre how?

Guns are not hard to transport. You break them down, pack them, carry them in. He stayed there for what appears to be a few days, so a handful of trips. Why does it surprise everyone that a guy toting suitcases across a lobby of a major facility for lodging tourists would not be noticed?

It wouldn't be light like a suitcase. 23 guns plus ammo, I couldn't even fit that in a SUV. The point of why it's so bizzare to me is that it isn't efficient to attempt to use 23 guns. If he wanted to kill as many people as possible he would have used 1 gun that did it best and had another 1 or 2 for self defense and get away. Having 23 guns to me feels like he was making a political statement.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2018 2:33:48 AM
At 1/3/2018 5:18:19 PM, PoliticalAIm wrote:
At 1/3/2018 5:17:13 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Bizarre how?

It wouldn't be light like a suitcase. 23 guns plus ammo,

Three guns at a time is 8 trips. 8 times a guy moved across a crowded lobby with a suit case. This again should not be surprising.

I couldn't even fit that in a SUV.

Um.. yeah, ya could. Easily. I move 1:1 scale replica firearms regularly, fitting 23 broken down into a vehicle wouldn't be difficult.

The point of why it's so bizzare to me is that it isn't efficient to attempt to use 23 guns. If he wanted to kill as many people as possible he would have used 1 gun that did it best and had another 1 or 2 for self defense and get away. Having 23 guns to me feels like he was making a political statement.

Depends on his plan. Bump stocks are notorious for screwing stock barrels and actions, it causes them to over heat. Hold the trigger until failure, grab another gun. Or, have various guns ready to rock and roll so as to just move from one gun to another without having to reload.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2018 6:27:18 PM
The top news story of 2017 is the refugee crisis in europe. ISIS has seen to it that it s the top story by cutting off peoples heads and ethnic cleansing of the Christian minority there , and other acts of terror to make sure those poor people leave Syria. This was done to create real refugees for the fake refugees to follow.Although there is plenty of truth, it is still fake news.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2018 9:47:36 PM
Now that guy in vegas shooting all those people, could have shot as many Muslims if he went to Dearborn Michigan, Or He could have converted to Islam and went to a casino and shot people to enforce the sharia law against gambling.
Its quite possible that in the near future you may find yourself in a church and the minister will be talking about how many guns do the men there have and if they have the balls to bring the guns to a Mosque, and show them what the infidel can do when they have run out of patience.