Jump to topic:

Why I oppose abortion.

KJVPrewrather
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2017 9:33:43 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Pure self interest. I used to be a fetus. I believe I had, have, and will have the right to live from the moment of my conception. Selfish? Maybe, but so is abortion, peace.
Eye_of_the_Needle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2017 10:08:52 PM
At 12/31/2017 9:33:43 PM, KJVPrewrather wrote:
Pure self interest. I used to be a fetus. I believe I had, have, and will have the right to live from the moment of my conception. Selfish? Maybe, but so is abortion, peace.

I believe abortion is a terrible mistake for any woman to make, for many reasons. But The abortion issue isn't about being "against" or "opposing" the action of abortion, it is about whether you support police action against people who do make the mistake of carrying through with this act. It isn't about funding or hospitals or planned parenthood. It's about a woman being put in prison. Do you want to put her in prison?
RIP DDO
nac
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2017 10:13:49 PM
At 12/31/2017 10:08:52 PM, Eye_of_the_Needle wrote:

I believe abortion is a terrible mistake for any woman to make, for many reasons. But The abortion issue isn't about being "against" or "opposing" the action of abortion, it is about whether you support police action against people who do make the mistake of carrying through with this act. It isn't about funding or hospitals or planned parenthood. It's about a woman being put in prison. Do you want to put her in prison?

It's about the doctors and industry...No reason to criminalize it.
Eye_of_the_Needle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2017 10:21:02 PM
At 12/31/2017 10:13:49 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

I don't get the impression from the Christian right that they are satisfied in just defunding it and letting woman find other ways of getting the job done. It's similar to drugs, it isn't enough to attack the ability to produce it, you have to take the next step and punish those who engage in the act if you really intend to protect the (what they consider a) person inside her stomach. If you kill a person that's murder. Sure, it could be considered something less than murder, but we are still probably talking about prison time.
RIP DDO
nac
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2017 10:28:28 PM
At 12/31/2017 10:21:02 PM, Eye_of_the_Needle wrote:

I don't get the impression from the Christian right that they are satisfied in just defunding it and letting woman find other ways of getting the job done. It's similar to drugs, it isn't enough to attack the ability to produce it, you have to take the next step and punish those who engage in the act if you really intend to protect the (what they consider a) person inside her stomach. If you kill a person that's murder. Sure, it could be considered something less than murder, but we are still probably talking about prison time.

We'd have to give up being a free country for that kind of action. Kinda scary to think what those politics would be like.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2017 10:40:01 PM
What does this argument add to the debate, when it's based on the same assumptions that the standard arguments are based on? Moreover, it's false that you oppose abortion merely out of self-interest, unless you're saying that you don't oppose the killing of other people.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2017 11:24:25 PM
You made the right choice, life sucks, by getting aborted you avoid all the bad things that would that would have happened during your life. This also stoops you from doing harm to any one else.
PoliticalAIm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2018 12:38:17 AM
At 12/31/2017 10:28:28 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

We'd have to give up being a free country for that kind of action. Kinda scary to think what those politics would be like.
Oh no you're not free to kill someone anymore, how bold of the government. Lol.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2018 12:55:26 AM
At 1/1/2018 12:38:17 AM, PoliticalAIm wrote:

Well, I respect that there are anti-choice arguments in case of regulation, but you are more than allowed to kill someone when it comes to your body. The government can take a hike.
Inconvenient_Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2018 12:57:30 AM
At 12/31/2017 11:24:25 PM, xus00HAY wrote:
You made the right choice, life sucks, by getting aborted you avoid all the bad things that would that would have happened during your life. This also stoops you from doing harm to any one else.

Does this argument support murdering any person, at any age? Perhaps it's never too late to put someone out of their misery, as you are supposing.
PoliticalAIm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2018 12:58:02 AM
At 1/1/2018 12:55:26 AM, Quadrunner wrote:

Well, I respect that there are anti-choice arguments in case of regulation, but you are more than allowed to kill someone when it comes to your body. The government can take a hike.
My point is that we live in a country where you can go to prison for having a little weed, but that you think making it illegal to take away a human life will affect our freedom.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2018 2:05:15 AM
At 1/1/2018 12:58:02 AM, PoliticalAIm wrote:

My point is that we live in a country where you can go to prison for having a little weed, but that you think making it illegal to take away a human life will affect our freedom.

Sure I do, and federal law that doesnt pertain to commerce is not valid. Schedule 1 drug policy is a 10th amendment challenge waiting to happen. When the feds ask how you got it by the 5th the answer should be dindu muffin. On your way now.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2018 2:18:54 AM

If your motive was pure self interest you wouldn't care about abortion because you can't be aborted.
The Prophet Sanders preaching the Word [https://www.youtube.com...][https://www.youtube.com...]
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2018 2:24:17 AM
At 1/1/2018 2:18:54 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

If your motive was pure self interest you wouldn't care about abortion because you can't be aborted.

Yeah, seems like you have to be arguing from a perspective transcending time for this one. Not exactly conventional.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2018 3:09:02 AM
At 1/1/2018 12:58:02 AM, PoliticalAIm wrote:

I mean, wake up. The Fed isn't targeting culture without justification for the good of mankind. It's violating rights. Hell, didn't Nixon come clean with it some time back? That's a problem to be solved, not an excuse to make more problems. The reality that certain groups can be targeted like this is why we need to always preserve the constitution and only alter it through a legitimate process of Amendment. Without standing for something we can fall for anything.
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 12:19:57 PM

Do you think that from the moment of conception that all women should be forced to continue that pregnancy against their will ? even by force if necessary ?

Cause if you do, I have a big f*cking problem with that.