Jump to topic:

So the US not going if NK attend...

Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 5:33:29 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
Senator Graham, said we shouldn't attend this year Winter Olympics if South Korea allowed North Korea to attend.

Here the full article:

http://thehill.com...

Any thoughts?
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 6:13:35 PM
At 1/2/2018 5:33:29 PM, Nd2400 wrote:
Senator Graham, said we shouldn't attend this year Winter Olympics if South Korea allowed North Korea to attend.

Here the full article:

Any thoughts?

I think its bs. This is a seperate issue going on here. They should leave politics out of this.
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 6:47:37 PM
At 1/2/2018 6:13:35 PM, inferno wrote:

Here the full article:

Any thoughts?

I think its bs. This is a seperate issue going on here. They should leave politics out of this.

Agree i think politics shouldn't be allowed in this kind of subject matter.

I don't know if its bs. Because they could actually pull us from playing these games. And i don't think it will send out the right message if we do.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 6:55:46 PM

Here the full article:

Any thoughts?

we should attend and figure out a way to allow all of the N.K. athletes to defect.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 6:56:39 PM

Here the full article:

Any thoughts?

The Olympics are all about dividing nuclear powers.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 6:58:39 PM
At 1/2/2018 6:55:46 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Here the full article:

Any thoughts?

we should attend and figure out a way to allow all of the N.K. athletes to defect.

Probably have to save their families too.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 7:01:27 PM
At 1/2/2018 6:58:39 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

Here the full article:

Any thoughts?

Probably have to save their families too.

yeah but even a few.....would be epic lol free treatment for the guards to get rid of parasites, it could work.
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 7:08:26 PM

Here the full article:

Any thoughts?

I think this as well. But the North is kind of trying to divide the south and the US. By trying to give hope in new talks, and the south is buying this because they would be the last ones to want war. So they would do what they think is right to avoid war, even letting some north attend these games. But the US don't want no part of the north attending. So it will be hard for the south. What they should do. They almost in a no win situation here.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 8:03:47 PM
At 1/2/2018 7:08:26 PM, Nd2400 wrote:

Here the full article:

Any thoughts?

I think this as well. But the North is kind of trying to divide the south and the US. By trying to give hope in new talks, and the south is buying this because they would be the last ones to want war. So they would do what they think is right to avoid war, even letting some north attend these games. But the US don't want no part of the north attending. So it will be hard for the south. What they should do. They almost in a no win situation here.

agreed there doesn't seem to be a winning answer, we'll have to wait and see what develops if anything.
Consider what Ung has done to the people of NK and the threats to the rest of the world etc. Do we just forgive and forget? You do realize how he will use the Olympics as propaganda if they are allowed to participate, right? In all seriousness they can't be allowed to participate, for the safety of the athletes, some are killed if they loose for example. He will claim the U.S. cheated if we beat them in something on and on and on, it will be a nightmare.
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 8:17:22 PM
At 1/2/2018 8:03:47 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Here the full article:

Any thoughts?

agreed there doesn't seem to be a winning answer, we'll have to wait and see what develops if anything.
Consider what Ung has done to the people of NK and the threats to the rest of the world etc. Do we just forgive and forget? You do realize how he will use the Olympics as propaganda if they are allowed to participate, right? In all seriousness they can't be allowed to participate, for the safety of the athletes, some are killed if they loose for example. He will claim the U.S. cheated if we beat them in something on and on and on, it will be a nightmare.

I don't think it would be such a huge deal if the North did attend. Meaning i don't think they would accuse the US of cheating. It wouldn't be a nightmare. But i do think these North korea athletes maybe a security issue, with biochemical or other vast diseases they could bring. So i will agree they shouldn't be allowed to play in these games. But if the south dont allow them to play. The North will blame them for even higher tensions. And the south are welling to talk just like maybe the north is. But the US not ready for these talks. So is creating even more unease there.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 8:26:02 PM
At 1/2/2018 8:17:22 PM, Nd2400 wrote:

Here the full article:

Any thoughts?

I don't think it would be such a huge deal if the North did attend. Meaning i don't think they would accuse the US of cheating. It wouldn't be a nightmare. But i do think these North korea athletes maybe a security issue, with biochemical or other vast diseases they could bring. So i will agree they shouldn't be allowed to play in these games. But if the south dont allow them to play. The North will blame them for even higher tensions. And the south are welling to talk just like maybe the north is. But the US not ready for these talks. So is creating even more unease there.

Keep in mind the U.S. not being there is a very big deal economically and politically. He's a tyrant and a murder among many other things and we shouldn't indulge him or give him an chance to legitimize his rule. These aren't easy decisions but they are the right ones. He will be empowered and emboldened if they give into him, you can't reason with a mad man.
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 8:33:34 PM
At 1/2/2018 8:26:02 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Here the full article:

Any thoughts?

Keep in mind the U.S. not being there is a very big deal economically and politically. He's a tyrant and a murder among many other things and we shouldn't indulge him or give him an chance to legitimize his rule. These aren't easy decisions but they are the right ones. He will be empowered and emboldened if they give into him, you can't reason with a mad man.

He not really a mad man, because if he was he would had started a war already.

Yes it would be a huge deal if the US pull out of these games. So this is a tricky situation the south has. But you are right we just have to wait and see in the coming days what will happen.

Oh yeah, the latest news i just looked at was the north is preparing another icbm lunch. But rather they are is still up in the air. But i do expect them to test another icbm just dont know when..
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 8:37:41 PM
At 1/2/2018 8:33:34 PM, Nd2400 wrote:

Here the full article:

Any thoughts?

Yes it would be a huge deal if the US pull out of these games. So this is a tricky situation the south has. But you are right we just have to wait and see in the coming days what will happen.

Oh yeah, the latest news i just looked at was the north is preparing another icbm lunch. But rather they are is still up in the air. But i do expect them to test another icbm just dont know when..

if you believe what he has done and is doing, is by a sane person, we will probably disagree on what insanity is. would you provoke and antagonize someone who could kill you in a second or would that seem a bit crazy to you? Do you think sane men take girls out of school to have sex with them? The list of who he's killed, how his people are treated and neglected etc, this is a sane person to you?
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 8:47:32 PM
At 1/2/2018 8:37:41 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Here the full article:

Any thoughts?

if you believe what he has done and is doing, is by a sane person, we will probably disagree on what insanity is. would you provoke and antagonize someone who could kill you in a second or would that seem a bit crazy to you? Do you think sane men take girls out of school to have sex with them? The list of who he's killed, how his people are treated and neglected etc, this is a sane person to you?

Im not saying he a sane person. But there are other worst leaders in this world right now and in the past. Just saying if he was so mad war would had happen already. And the US isn't all innocent in all of this either. We are pushing them hard. This is why russia and china will blame the US if things dont go right.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 8:53:41 PM
At 1/2/2018 8:47:32 PM, Nd2400 wrote:

Here the full article:

Any thoughts?

Im not saying he a sane person. But there are other worst leaders in this world right now and in the past. Just saying if he was so mad war would had happen already. And the US isn't all innocent in all of this either. We are pushing them hard. This is why russia and china will blame the US if things dont go right.

Yes there are worse, plenty of blame to go around, however, thus far ignoring the problem hasn't made it go away, time to try something new I guess.
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 9:01:06 PM
At 1/2/2018 8:53:41 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Here the full article:

Any thoughts?

Yes there are worse, plenty of blame to go around, however, thus far ignoring the problem hasn't made it go away, time to try something new I guess.

Yeah something need to change, but going to war shouldn't be. And i will agree talks dont and hasn't worked. But we not getting the fully help with china and russia, this make this north kotea issues even more harder. Ignoring this will not solve the problem either. This is why we kindof in a messy situation here...
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 9:04:40 PM
At 1/2/2018 9:01:06 PM, Nd2400 wrote:

Here the full article:

Any thoughts?

Yeah something need to change, but going to war shouldn't be. And i will agree talks dont and hasn't worked. But we not getting the fully help with china and russia, this make this north kotea issues even more harder. Ignoring this will not solve the problem either. This is why we kindof in a messy situation here...

very true, unless someone assassinates him or some natural cause this is who we must deal with, not sure if his replacement would be any better, but it's worth the risk I think.
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 9:12:12 PM
At 1/2/2018 9:04:40 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Here the full article:

Any thoughts?

very true, unless someone assassinates him or some natural cause this is who we must deal with, not sure if his replacement would be any better, but it's worth the risk I think.

Seem unlikely. But maybe something will give in. Maybe things will work out. I just have my doubt on things working out peaceful...
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2018 9:28:01 PM
At 1/2/2018 9:12:12 PM, Nd2400 wrote:
At 1/2/2018 9:04:40 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Here the full article:

Any thoughts?

Seem unlikely. But maybe something will give in. Maybe things will work out. I just have my doubt on things working out peaceful...

sadly I don't see how they could either, something will have to give and innocent people will be hurt It makes you wonder what things would be like had we taken action long ago, even when his father ruled.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2018 4:07:17 AM

Here the full article:

Any thoughts?

Senator Graham just wants the US to sit in the losers box to keep Russia company.
"The annoying kid has a point. Let's revolt in this bitch!" - The Boondocks
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2018 4:18:00 AM
At 1/3/2018 4:07:17 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

Here the full article:

Any thoughts?

Senator Graham just wants the US to sit in the losers box to keep Russia company.

Yeah, that's a interesting theory. But their more at play than feeling sorry for our athletes while they watch the Olympic on tv.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the coming days and weeks leading to the games...
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2018 10:46:39 PM
At 1/3/2018 4:18:00 AM, Nd2400 wrote:

Here the full article:

Any thoughts?

Yeah, that's a interesting theory. But their more at play than feeling sorry for our athletes while they watch the Olympic on tv.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the coming days and weeks leading to the games...

I don't think there is. If South Korea is willing to play ball with North Korea then the US has no excuse other than to satisfy the extreme ego of Trump. I just heard that S Korea just decided to suspend the military training exercises with the US that would have been held during the games. Trump's sabre rattling is pushing S Korea to make concessions, rather than N Korea.
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2018 11:20:53 PM
At 1/4/2018 10:46:39 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 1/3/2018 4:18:00 AM, Nd2400 wrote:

Here the full article:

Any thoughts?

I don't think there is. If South Korea is willing to play ball with North Korea then the US has no excuse other than to satisfy the extreme ego of Trump. I just heard that S Korea just decided to suspend the military training exercises with the US that would have been held during the games. Trump's sabre rattling is pushing S Korea to make concessions, rather than N Korea.

Yeah the recent events have lead me to believe there is hope things can lead to peace. But now it NK turn, and with hold their icbm lunch. If they don't lunch between now and then. They could be hope. But if they lunch you can throw this peace process out the window.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2018 11:26:42 PM
At 1/4/2018 11:20:53 PM, Nd2400 wrote:

Yeah the recent events have lead me to believe there is hope things can lead to peace. But now it NK turn, and with hold their icbm lunch. If they don't lunch between now and then. They could be hope. But if they lunch you can throw this peace process out the window.

Not just peace, but reunification is what both sides ultimately want. Unfortunately with Donald Trump as President the best way to that goal may be to cut the US out of the talks. At the very least it gives S Korea a boogieman to use against N Korea, kind of like Good Cop Bad Cop.
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2018 11:36:01 PM
At 1/4/2018 11:26:42 PM, Bennett91 wrote:

Not just peace, but reunification is what both sides ultimately want. Unfortunately with Donald Trump as President the best way to that goal may be to cut the US out of the talks. At the very least it gives S Korea a boogieman to use against N Korea, kind of like Good Cop Bad Cop.

Well it still kind of early to tell what will actually happen. But at least they're is good signs instead if bad signs. I don't think trump will be all bad as long as he stay positive and don't get in the way of peace talks...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2018 1:41:31 AM

I see it as a fortunate thing for sovereign countries to kick us off of their own soil and fix their own damn mess.

Empire building is expensive.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2018 2:58:24 AM
At 1/5/2018 1:41:31 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

I see it as a fortunate thing for sovereign countries to kick us off of their own soil and fix their own damn mess.

South Korea and Japan represent successful cases of American interventionism.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2018 3:09:02 AM
At 1/5/2018 2:58:24 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

Successful for them sure. Imagine if Japan provided us with national defense, that's 600 billion dollars you could give to the poor.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2018 5:21:23 AM
At 1/5/2018 3:09:02 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 1/5/2018 2:58:24 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

Successful for them sure. Imagine if Japan provided us with national defense, that's 600 billion dollars you could give to the poor.

Success for us too. As of 2014 they owned 47% of our foreign debt. Over $6 Trillion wing wangs. We can trust Japan to hold our debt to greatly expand our own economy - unlike China which could have thoughts, even if suicidal, about dumping the dollar.

When it comes to military bases I agree some should close, but they are just as much an investment in US interest as they are in Japanese interest. They allow us to keep our promise to protect our Asian allies from an aggressive China. It's not exactly the same neo-colonial failure Iraq has been.