Jump to topic:

The Reality of Race?

Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 9:15:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Firstly, the person promoting racism is a WHITE UPPER CLASS MALE. Why should we take anything someone like that says seriously? Secondly, he isn't even a scientist. He is trying to use science to promote an ideology that most scientists would disagree with. That is fraud. Thirdly, he never addressed the fact that there is more genetic variation within races than between them. Lastly, I'm not even going to watch this video. It's racist filth.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 11:04:13 PM
At 2/5/2012 10:54:05 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Why did you post that comment with this?

Spawk made it as a troll comment. I lol'd.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 12:28:19 AM
At 2/5/2012 9:15:39 PM, Reasoning wrote:

Firstly, the person promoting racism is a WHITE UPPER CLASS MALE. Why should we take anything someone like that says seriously? Secondly, he isn't even a scientist. He is trying to use science to promote an ideology that most scientists would disagree with. That is fraud. Thirdly, he never addressed the fact that there is more genetic variation within races than between them. Lastly, I'm not even going to watch this video. It's racist filth.

"Science tells us that race is an IMPORTANT biological category."

Orly? That couldn't run afoul of the fact/value distinction, now could it?
Debate: Theism offers a more likely context than atheism for affirming moral realism:

http://www.debate.org...

At 6/17/2013 4:23:54 PM, Danielle wrote:
popculturepooka is cool because he's attractive but walks around with a virginity pledge bracelet on, and his saving himself makes all the girls hot because he's a challenge. And he wears snapbacks and loves Jesus
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 8:06:37 AM
At 2/5/2012 11:04:13 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 2/5/2012 10:54:05 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Why did you post that comment with this?

Spawk made it as a troll comment. I lol'd.

lol
President of DDO
Brain_crazy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 12:46:54 PM
At 2/6/2012 12:28:19 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 2/5/2012 9:15:39 PM, Reasoning wrote:

"Science tells us that race is an IMPORTANT biological category."

Orly? That couldn't run afoul of the fact/value distinction, now could it?

O ya really important... lol there are very few instances where 'race' is even relevant. (sickle cell anemia for example)
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 12:55:02 PM
lol I love his argument that because two white people can't produce a black baby, race is an important scientific category. I stopped there. Two blue-eyed people can't make a brown-eyed baby and, therefore, eye colour is an important scientific category. Good to know.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 12:57:23 PM
At 2/7/2012 12:55:02 PM, nonentity wrote:
lol I love his argument that because two white people can't produce a black baby, race is an important scientific category. I stopped there. Two blue-eyed people can't make a brown-eyed baby and, therefore, eye colour is an important scientific category. Good to know.

This
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 12:57:56 PM
At 2/7/2012 12:56:57 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
This "well-educated" man does not even know how to use proper grammar.

^_^
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 12:59:30 PM
By the way, that idiot is a journalist named Jared Taylor.

He's essentially spearheading the white isolationist/white supremacy movement. Calls it the "American Renaissance."

I hate that loser. He's a terrible debater, and not very well read considering how loftily he presents himself.

Reasoning, give it a rest. You're not special, especially not where, where American social classes don't exist and we can't see what you look like.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 1:01:38 PM
I stopped watching when he started discussing how men and women differ "only by a single chromosome." That "single chromosome" results in differences in tens of thousands of genes. The variation between races is much less profound.

http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov...
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 1:03:47 PM
So, this is what jimtimmy mean when he described himself as a "race-realist."

Samuel Jared Taylor (born 1951) of Oakton, Virginia, is an American journalist and an advocate of what he describes as "racial realism", a philosophy that views race as a biological reality and advocates the separateness of racial groups as the key of a well functioning society.[1] He is known for his advocacy of racial profiling as a valid technique in crime fighting and for his role as a relatively moderate voice in the American white nationalist environment http://en.wikipedia.org...

This is what we uneducated folks call "racism".
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 1:04:29 PM
Taylor and many of the organizations he is associated with are often described as promoting racist ideologies by civil rights groups, news media as well as by academics studying racism in the US.[4][5][6] He rejects these accusations himself, saying that his views are reasonable and moderate.[7]

Sounds very familiar to me . . .
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 1:06:08 PM
He has questioned the capacity of blacks to live successfully in a civilized society. In an article on the chaos in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, Taylor wrote "when blacks are left entirely to their own devices, Western Civilization—any kind of civilization—disappears. And in a crisis, civilization disappears overnight."[16] Taylor believes in a direct correlation between race and intelligence, where blacks are generally less intelligent than whites, and whites are generally less intelligent than East Asians, as expressed in The Bell Curve. Taylor has said in an interview:

Wow, now I know where he gets his arguments from.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 1:06:30 PM
lol I don't take either jimtimmy or Reasoning seriously. Jim for obvious reasons and Reasoning because I've yet to see him come up with an original thought since I've been on DDO.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 1:08:10 PM
At 2/7/2012 1:06:30 PM, nonentity wrote:
lol I don't take either jimtimmy or Reasoning seriously. Jim for obvious reasons and Reasoning because I've yet to see him come up with an original thought since I've been on DDO.

I thought JT came up with his vitriol on his own, but it seems that it spews forth from the works of Mr. Taylor.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 1:09:08 PM
At 2/7/2012 1:08:10 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

I thought JT came up with his vitriol on his own, but it seems that it spews forth from the works of Mr. Taylor.

But at least jim knows how to paraphrase. Literally all Reasoning does is quote other people.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 1:10:48 PM
At 2/7/2012 1:08:10 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

I called it a long time ago. A few days after he got here.

I told you guys that Jimtimmy is completely corny.

No one listens. -_^
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 1:13:33 PM
LOL, I cannot believe that I thought that he did research on his own and came up with some wrong result. It seems that JT just takes arguments from Taylor and posts them on the site.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 1:17:47 PM
Right, he's just regurgitating information that he considers appealing.

And, people went on and on with him for months. :\
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 1:21:56 PM
At 2/7/2012 1:17:47 PM, Ren wrote:

The problem is that if no one exposes the arguments as ridiculous, seeds get planted and people start to believe them.

That's how he's able to give his mantra "I'm scientific, you're not" and have people agree, despite the fact that his arguments are full of non-sequitors.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 1:27:36 PM
I just realized the guy is not even a scientist, but a journalist. lololololol "I, a journalist, am scientific, while you, a scientist, are not." This has got to be one of the worst forms of trolling :/
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 1:29:59 PM
At 2/7/2012 1:21:56 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 2/7/2012 1:17:47 PM, Ren wrote:

The problem is that if no one exposes the arguments as ridiculous, seeds get planted and people start to believe them.

That's how he's able to give his mantra "I'm scientific, you're not" and have people agree, despite the fact that his arguments are full of non-sequitors.

Also, many people on the site are opposed to Marxism, so he abuses their hatred by dismissing all scientific arguments that disagree with him as part of the Marxist agenda. Most people buy all of his nonsensical ad homenim attacks ("It's Marxist, so it must be false!") and begin to listen to his unscientific hocus pocus.
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 1:48:50 PM
Lol, watching Royal, Nonentity, and Ren talk to each other about how right they are is like listening to a bunch of Young Earth Creationists talk about how stupid they think evolutionists are.
President of DDO
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 1:55:56 PM
At 2/7/2012 1:48:50 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Lol, watching Royal, Nonentity, and Ren talk to each other about how right they are is like listening to a bunch of Young Earth Creationists talk about how stupid they think evolutionists are.

You know what's great about not caring what you think?

jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 2:08:10 PM
At 2/7/2012 1:55:56 PM, nonentity wrote:

Ya, you get to ignore reality.
President of DDO
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 2:16:58 PM
At 2/7/2012 2:08:10 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

Right, because a quick search of "race" and "intelligence" on PsycInfo and Web of Science conclusively brings up journal articles in your favour. Oh--wait----
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 2:19:39 PM
At 2/7/2012 2:16:58 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 2/7/2012 2:08:10 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

Right, because a quick search of "race" and "intelligence" on PsycInfo and Web of Science conclusively brings up journal articles in your favour. Oh--wait----