Total Posts:77|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Unemployment Rate and Economic Strength

blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 12:34:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The Unemployment rate in Monaco is 0%. The unemployment rate in North Korea, excluding political prisoners, is 0%. The unemployment rate in India is 3.8%. Do these nations have stronger economies than the United States? If not, why do all of you conservatives claim that North Dakota's nonexistent economy is stronger than the fourth strongest economy in the world, California?
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 12:38:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2012 12:34:38 PM, blameworthy wrote:
The Unemployment rate in Monaco is 0%. The unemployment rate in North Korea, excluding political prisoners, is 0%. The unemployment rate in India is 3.8%. Do these nations have stronger economies than the United States? If not, why do all of you conservatives claim that North Dakota's nonexistent economy is stronger than the fourth strongest economy in the world, California?

I greatly doubt the veracity of that claim.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 12:41:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The GDP of California is 1.9 billion.
http://en.wikipedia.org...

This places it on spot number 9.

http://en.wikipedia.org...(nominal)

Get yo facts straight.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 12:49:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2012 12:45:37 PM, yoda878 wrote:
I already gave you the proof you need. California is big but not stronger, I think you are confused.

Monaco and North Korea must be even stronger than the United States in that case.
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 12:51:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am amazed. Here I was thinking that the United States had the strongest economy in the world, and it turns out that communist North Korea is actually #1 according to the new conservative standards.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 12:52:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2012 12:41:47 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
The GDP of California is 1.9 billion.
http://en.wikipedia.org...

This places it on spot number 9.

http://en.wikipedia.org...(nominal)

Get yo facts straight.

Uh...

numbers are hard
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
socialpinko
Posts: 10,344
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 12:52:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2012 12:49:24 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/7/2012 12:45:37 PM, yoda878 wrote:
I already gave you the proof you need. California is big but not stronger, I think you are confused.

Monaco and North Korea must be even stronger than the United States in that case.

I'd trust Nk's statistics any day.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
yoda878
Posts: 902
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 12:53:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2012 12:49:24 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/7/2012 12:45:37 PM, yoda878 wrote:
I already gave you the proof you need. California is big but not stronger, I think you are confused.

Monaco and North Korea must be even stronger than the United States in that case.

Ok show me proof that California economy is better.
Did you even look at the link I gave you.
Me
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 12:53:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2012 12:52:18 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/7/2012 12:49:24 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/7/2012 12:45:37 PM, yoda878 wrote:
I already gave you the proof you need. California is big but not stronger, I think you are confused.

Monaco and North Korea must be even stronger than the United States in that case.

I'd trust Nk's statistics any day.

I would trust the US government's statistics any day. I would trust the World Bank's statistics. I would trust Heritage Foundation's statistics. Hell, why trust anybody? We can just make numbers up.
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 12:54:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2012 12:53:15 PM, yoda878 wrote:
At 11/7/2012 12:49:24 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/7/2012 12:45:37 PM, yoda878 wrote:
I already gave you the proof you need. California is big but not stronger, I think you are confused.

Monaco and North Korea must be even stronger than the United States in that case.

Ok show me proof that California economy is better.
Did you even look at the link I gave you.

California has the ninth strongest economy in the world.
yoda878
Posts: 902
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 12:55:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2012 12:54:18 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/7/2012 12:53:15 PM, yoda878 wrote:
At 11/7/2012 12:49:24 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/7/2012 12:45:37 PM, yoda878 wrote:
I already gave you the proof you need. California is big but not stronger, I think you are confused.

Monaco and North Korea must be even stronger than the United States in that case.

Ok show me proof that California economy is better.
Did you even look at the link I gave you.

California has the ninth strongest economy in the world.

Ok first it was first then it was third now its ninth. Your right its 139 th i see now.
Me
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 12:56:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
All of those socialist countries with horrible economies have lower unemployment rates than the US does.
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 12:56:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2012 12:54:51 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 11/7/2012 12:34:48 PM, blameworthy wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org...

The source for North Korea is the CIA factbook, which says:


Korea, North NA%

https://www.cia.gov...

I do not trust right winged organizations. Wikipedia is a better source.
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 12:57:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The unemployment rate of Pakistan, a Taliban country with no rights, is 5.6% (2011 est.) according to the CIA world factbook.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 12:57:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2012 12:56:34 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/7/2012 12:54:51 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 11/7/2012 12:34:48 PM, blameworthy wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org...

The source for North Korea is the CIA factbook, which says:


Korea, North NA%

https://www.cia.gov...

I do not trust right winged organizations. Wikipedia is a better source.

lol, you are the worst troll ever.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 12:58:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2012 12:57:26 PM, blameworthy wrote:
The unemployment rate of Pakistan, a Taliban country with no rights, is 5.6% (2011 est.) according to the CIA world factbook.

You don't trust that source though, remember?
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 12:58:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The unemployment rate in capitalist Zimbabwe is 95%, and that is reportedly an underestimate.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 1:00:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2012 12:57:26 PM, blameworthy wrote:
The unemployment rate of Pakistan, a Taliban country with no rights, is 5.6% (2011 est.) according to the CIA world factbook.

Yup, and Pakistani's have, on average, 1/20th of the wealth of Americans.

Dude, you're so right! Why didn't I see it before! Who wants to have a job paying $40k when you can have one that pays $2k?
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 1:01:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2012 1:00:21 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 11/7/2012 12:57:26 PM, blameworthy wrote:
The unemployment rate of Pakistan, a Taliban country with no rights, is 5.6% (2011 est.) according to the CIA world factbook.

Yup, and Pakistani's have, on average, 1/20th of the wealth of Americans.

Dude, you're so right! Why didn't I see it before! Who wants to have a job paying $40k when you can have one that pays $2k?

Ah, you see my point now, eh? Go on. I dare you to support abolishing the minimum wage.

You just fell into my trap, Jaxson Raine.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 1:04:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2012 1:01:38 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/7/2012 1:00:21 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 11/7/2012 12:57:26 PM, blameworthy wrote:
The unemployment rate of Pakistan, a Taliban country with no rights, is 5.6% (2011 est.) according to the CIA world factbook.

Yup, and Pakistani's have, on average, 1/20th of the wealth of Americans.

Dude, you're so right! Why didn't I see it before! Who wants to have a job paying $40k when you can have one that pays $2k?

Ah, you see my point now, eh? Go on. I dare you to support abolishing the minimum wage.

You just fell into my trap, Jaxson Raine.

Lol. What are you on?

Minimum wage isn't a magical answer that creates wealth. Do you think that if Pakistan instituted a $20/hr minimum wage, that everyone there would suddenly become wealthy?
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
yoda878
Posts: 902
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 1:07:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://www.statemaster.com......

You cant have the strongest economy and have the highest welfare.

Just incase you missed it
I dont know why you think California is doing so awesome??? lolololol

Anyway....
http://truecostblog.com.........

North Dakota does have a better economy
July unemployment rate: 3.3 percent (Nationwide: 9.1 percent)

Per capita income (2010): $46,468 (Nationwide: $42,449)

Jobs added in past year: 19,000

Poverty rate (2008): 7.9 percent (Nationwide: 9.7 percent)

Foreclosure rate (3rd quarter 2010): 0.95 percent (Nationwide: 4.29 percent)

Share of the population uninsured (2008-2009): 11 percent (Nationwide: 17 percent)

State budget gap (2010): Nada

unemployment rate ya North Dakota is doing awesome, California not so much.
http://money.cnn.com......

Shall I go on?
Me
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 1:07:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2012 1:04:34 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 11/7/2012 1:01:38 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/7/2012 1:00:21 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 11/7/2012 12:57:26 PM, blameworthy wrote:
The unemployment rate of Pakistan, a Taliban country with no rights, is 5.6% (2011 est.) according to the CIA world factbook.

Yup, and Pakistani's have, on average, 1/20th of the wealth of Americans.

Dude, you're so right! Why didn't I see it before! Who wants to have a job paying $40k when you can have one that pays $2k?

Ah, you see my point now, eh? Go on. I dare you to support abolishing the minimum wage.

You just fell into my trap, Jaxson Raine.

Lol. What are you on?

Minimum wage isn't a magical answer that creates wealth. Do you think that if Pakistan instituted a $20/hr minimum wage, that everyone there would suddenly become wealthy?

Nobody said that minimum wage alone creates wealth. Thank you for strawmanning.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 1:09:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2012 1:07:17 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/7/2012 1:04:34 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 11/7/2012 1:01:38 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/7/2012 1:00:21 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 11/7/2012 12:57:26 PM, blameworthy wrote:
The unemployment rate of Pakistan, a Taliban country with no rights, is 5.6% (2011 est.) according to the CIA world factbook.

Yup, and Pakistani's have, on average, 1/20th of the wealth of Americans.

Dude, you're so right! Why didn't I see it before! Who wants to have a job paying $40k when you can have one that pays $2k?

Ah, you see my point now, eh? Go on. I dare you to support abolishing the minimum wage.

You just fell into my trap, Jaxson Raine.

Lol. What are you on?

Minimum wage isn't a magical answer that creates wealth. Do you think that if Pakistan instituted a $20/hr minimum wage, that everyone there would suddenly become wealthy?

Nobody said that minimum wage alone creates wealth. Thank you for strawmanning.

I presented an argument that Pakistan has much less wealth. You said that is an argument for minimum wage.

COMMON SENSE(I see the problem now) would indicate that you think minimum wage would help with the wealth problem in Pakistan.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 1:09:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
@Blameworthy

1. So Wiki is more reliable than the CIA?
2. So North Korea's statistics are believable?
3. So California is an ideal economy?

Cool story.
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 1:12:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2012 1:09:04 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 11/7/2012 1:07:17 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/7/2012 1:04:34 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 11/7/2012 1:01:38 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/7/2012 1:00:21 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 11/7/2012 12:57:26 PM, blameworthy wrote:
The unemployment rate of Pakistan, a Taliban country with no rights, is 5.6% (2011 est.) according to the CIA world factbook.

Yup, and Pakistani's have, on average, 1/20th of the wealth of Americans.

Dude, you're so right! Why didn't I see it before! Who wants to have a job paying $40k when you can have one that pays $2k?

Ah, you see my point now, eh? Go on. I dare you to support abolishing the minimum wage.

You just fell into my trap, Jaxson Raine.

Lol. What are you on?

Minimum wage isn't a magical answer that creates wealth. Do you think that if Pakistan instituted a $20/hr minimum wage, that everyone there would suddenly become wealthy?

Nobody said that minimum wage alone creates wealth. Thank you for strawmanning.

I presented an argument that Pakistan has much less wealth. You said that is an argument for minimum wage.

COMMON SENSE(I see the problem now) would indicate that you think minimum wage would help with the wealth problem in Pakistan.

We were not having the same discussion, apparently, and you are the one who lacks common sense since I started the discussion.

Who cares if Pakistan has less wealth? More people are employed. That is good, right? It must have a better economy. Who cares if the majority of Pakistanis have trouble eating? They are employed. Would it not be nice if we could abolish the minimum wage in the US so that US workers could earn 10 cents a day too?