Jump to topic:

McCain to be "Arrested and Tried for Treason"

Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 5:42:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Thoughts? By the law as it stands, he should be arrested and tried for treason, but the law is very rarely carried out against major politicians.
"Bring your abnormally small penis,i will work on it & you will leave with surprise" http://www.debate.org...
I love you
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 6:53:55 AM
I haven't quite pin pointed it yet but something about the accusation of treason is wrong to me. It sounds like nonsense. Collectivist nonsense.
"If you think education is expensive, try ignorance"
- Derek Bok

"A sect or party is an elegant incognito devised to save a man from the vexation of thinking"
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 7:03:59 AM
At 9/7/2013 6:53:55 AM, 000ike wrote:
I haven't quite pin pointed it yet but something about the accusation of treason is wrong to me. It sounds like nonsense. Collectivist nonsense.

A sign you're coming to the dark side? *giddily laughs*
"Bring your abnormally small penis,i will work on it & you will leave with surprise" http://www.debate.org...
I love you
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 7:18:40 AM
At 9/7/2013 7:03:59 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

If I did spare the effort to read enough about anarchy and libertarianism to call one my ideology, I doubt I'd meet it with any enthusiasm. Politics is the whim-based off spring of whim-based ethics. But I can't infect every thread I post in with antinomian complaints. So that's enough of that.

About McCain - the man really evidence his charges and McCain responded appropriately. You don't just get to throw people in jail because they weren't exact mouthpieces for your collective opinion. If that was the function of the Congress then why not get rid of it and just hold plebiscite for every bill? Representation is more efficient, but it does place some personal discretion and knowledge in the hands of the representatives, on which it would be appropriate for them to act. So it doesn't make for a strong argument to attack that as treason.
"If you think education is expensive, try ignorance"
- Derek Bok

"A sect or party is an elegant incognito devised to save a man from the vexation of thinking"
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 10:50:23 AM
At 9/7/2013 7:18:40 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/7/2013 7:03:59 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

If I did spare the effort to read enough about anarchy and libertarianism to call one my ideology, I doubt I'd meet it with any enthusiasm. Politics is the whim-based off spring of whim-based ethics. But I can't infect every thread I post in with antinomian complaints. So that's enough of that.

About McCain - the man really evidence his charges and McCain responded appropriately. You don't just get to throw people in jail because they weren't exact mouthpieces for your collective opinion. If that was the function of the Congress then why not get rid of it and just hold plebiscite for every bill? Representation is more efficient, but it does place some personal discretion and knowledge in the hands of the representatives, on which it would be appropriate for them to act. So it doesn't make for a strong argument to attack that as treason.

I believe the fallacy is that someone that does not believe in government is using a charge specifically levied by a government against others as some sort of valid claim. It's the pot calling the kettle black, but in the case of anarchists and libertarians, they're not supposed to be a pot in the first place, and therein lies the problem with WSA and his video here.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2013 11:02:59 AM
At 9/7/2013 5:42:22 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

Thoughts? By the law as it stands, he should be arrested and tried for treason, but the law is very rarely carried out against major politicians.

What a worthless blowhard. McCain has not turned his back on his constituency, nor has he in any way done anything that is even remotely worthy of being called treasonous. This guy, though I'm convinced he means well, makes a fantastic case for his own stupidity, fundamental misunderstanding of American government, lack of comprehension of the very concept of treason, and most of all undermines the meaning of the significance of a charge of treason.

Moreover, there is no evidence WHATSOEVER that in any way implicates any other actor other than the Syrian government for the attacks. There just isn't. I've heard Vladimir Putin's questioning it, and that was irritating. This fuckwit is just over the line. The United States does not fund terrorism. The United States does not aid terrorism. This man is as ignorant of the realities of world politics as he is deranged in his incapacity to recognize the truth when he sees it.
<3 Bsh1

Live long and prosper.
ararmer1919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2013 8:22:34 PM

This was hilariously stupid. ;)
doktorbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2013 9:25:35 PM
The Obama administration is currently arguing that we should be supporting at least one group who openly aligns itself with Al Qaeda. Last time I checked, Al Qaeda is our enemy, by virtue of the fact that a) they take responsibility for the single largest attack on American soil ever, b) we are still engaged in open and ongoing hostilities with them, and c) they continue to actively seek the harm of US interests around the globe.

Yet we are seeking to give them aid in the form of weapons, training, and potentially in the form of attacking their single largest adversary. If that's not "providing aid and comfort" to the enemy, I don't know what is. And... according to the definition of treason, that certainly qualifies.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 1:48:33 PM

Funny how adamant anarchists are about obeying the Law while rejecting every aspect of it.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."