Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Religious Thinking

Willows
Posts: 11,688
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2018 12:11:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Since theists cannot use reason or logic to justify the existence of their particular Creator, Is it reasonable and logical to assume that theists tend not to use reason or logic in everyday decision-making?
Harikrish
Posts: 30,018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2018 6:21:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Willows wrote:
Since theists cannot use reason or logic to justify the existence of their particular Creator, Is it reasonable and logical to assume that theists tend not to use reason or logic in everyday decision-making?

Christians are blinded by their faith which prevents them from using reason or logic in their everyday decision-making.
Even if they could apply reason and logic, We have been warned to never underestimate the stupidity of people in large groups. Christian gatherings are often very large.
Leaning
Posts: 2,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2018 3:19:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Willows wrote:
Since theists cannot use reason or logic to justify the existence of their particular Creator, Is it reasonable and logical to assume that theists tend not to use reason or logic in everyday decision-making?

No.
Tradesecret
Posts: 1,560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2018 5:01:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Since theists cannot use reason or logic to justify the existence of their particular Creator, Is it reasonable and logical to assume that theists tend not to use reason or logic in everyday decision-making?

That is simply a ridiculous statement. Christian can and do use logic and reason to justify the existence of the Creator of this universe.

Surely you have heard of the greater to the lesser argument. And surely you have heard of axiomatic or presuppositional logic and reasoning. Every bit of theological argument is also totally based in reason and logic. Your statement is both unreasonable and unintelligent. I think the fact that non-theists are unable to use reasoning and logic to appreciate and understand the creator of the universe is actually an example of how atheists are unable to properly use logic or reasoning. One easy example is - the creation around us - it got here somehow. Did it happen by design or by random accident? Was everything created by God or did everything just happen from nothing? The fact that the atheist actually thinks the latter situation is what occurred demonstrates ignorance of the most disturbing proportions. Their desire to eradicate God or run from God makes them stupid. The fact that the prefer to look and sound stupid rather than take the simplest explanation is itself a most profound and interesting thought, Despite its sadness as well.
Willows
Posts: 11,688
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2018 10:29:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Leaning wrote:
Willows wrote:
Since theists cannot use reason or logic to justify the existence of their particular Creator, Is it reasonable and logical to assume that theists tend not to use reason or logic in everyday decision-making?

No.

Well, That explains the depth of reasoning and logic that theists use in drawing conclusions.

I'm afraid that by simply answering "no" is not tantamount to presenting a convincing, Informed argument in favour of your assertion.
Willows
Posts: 11,688
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2018 10:30:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Tradesecret wrote:
Since theists cannot use reason or logic to justify the existence of their particular Creator, Is it reasonable and logical to assume that theists tend not to use reason or logic in everyday decision-making?

That is simply a ridiculous statement. Christian can and do use logic and reason to justify the existence of the Creator of this universe.


Surely you have heard of the greater to the lesser argument. And surely you have heard of axiomatic or presuppositional logic and reasoning. Every bit of theological argument is also totally based in reason and logic. Your statement is both unreasonable and unintelligent. I think the fact that non-theists are unable to use reasoning and logic to appreciate and understand the creator of the universe is actually an example of how atheists are unable to properly use logic or reasoning. One easy example is - the creation around us - it got here somehow. Did it happen by design or by random accident? Was everything created by God or did everything just happen from nothing? The fact that the atheist actually thinks the latter situation is what occurred demonstrates ignorance of the most disturbing proportions. Their desire to eradicate God or run from God makes them stupid. The fact that the prefer to look and sound stupid rather than take the simplest explanation is itself a most profound and interesting thought, Despite its sadness as well.

If God created everything, How did God get here. . . . From nothing?

Despite what you assert, The facts are that properly conducted research has completely overturned any notion of creation and there is not one single shred of evidence of creation or of the existence of God whatsoever.
No atheist of any repute has ever said that life got here by accident. . . . . Conclusive evidence has revealed how life was formed.
So, It is not out of ignorance that informed atheists form their views, It is by studying reliable, Professionally researched evidence.

Theists have absolutely no evidence to draw their conclusions from. If, As you say, "Every bit of theological argument is also totally based in reason and logic. " kindly give one example.
Leaning
Posts: 2,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2018 10:52:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Willows wrote:
Leaning wrote:
Willows wrote:
Since theists cannot use reason or logic to justify the existence of their particular Creator, Is it reasonable and logical to assume that theists tend not to use reason or logic in everyday decision-making?

No.

Well, That explains the depth of reasoning and logic that theists use in drawing conclusions.

I'm afraid that by simply answering "no" is not tantamount to presenting a convincing, Informed argument in favour of your assertion.

It sounded more like a question asking for a yes or no answer.
https://en. Wikipedia. Org/wiki/List_of_Christians_in_science_and_technology
I would think that many sciences require logic and reason, Or at the very least the two would be helpful to a scientist and allow them to excel.
Willows
Posts: 11,688
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2018 11:01:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Leaning wrote:
Willows wrote:
Leaning wrote:
Willows wrote:
Since theists cannot use reason or logic to justify the existence of their particular Creator, Is it reasonable and logical to assume that theists tend not to use reason or logic in everyday decision-making?

No.

Well, That explains the depth of reasoning and logic that theists use in drawing conclusions.

I'm afraid that by simply answering "no" is not tantamount to presenting a convincing, Informed argument in favour of your assertion.

It sounded more like a question asking for a yes or no answer.
https://en. Wikipedia. Org/wiki/List_of_Christians_in_science_and_technology
I would think that many sciences require logic and reason, Or at the very least the two would be helpful to a scientist and allow them to excel.

Isn't it a pity then that theistic scientists can't or won't use proper scientific research and apply it to their errant beliefs.

Mind you, If theists did use reason and logic, There would be no theists, Would there?
Leaning
Posts: 2,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2018 11:46:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I don't have any examples at hand, But I have a vague recollection of theist philosophers and scientists actually thinking rather deeply on their deity. And using reason and logic when considering their own beliefs.
Harikrish
Posts: 30,018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2018 6:18:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Willows wrote:
Leaning wrote:
Willows wrote:
Leaning wrote:
Willows wrote:
Since theists cannot use reason or logic to justify the existence of their particular Creator, Is it reasonable and logical to assume that theists tend not to use reason or logic in everyday decision-making?

No.

Well, That explains the depth of reasoning and logic that theists use in drawing conclusions.

I'm afraid that by simply answering "no" is not tantamount to presenting a convincing, Informed argument in favour of your assertion.

It sounded more like a question asking for a yes or no answer.
https://en. Wikipedia. Org/wiki/List_of_Christians_in_science_and_technology
I would think that many sciences require logic and reason, Or at the very least the two would be helpful to a scientist and allow them to excel.

Isn't it a pity then that theistic scientists can't or won't use proper scientific research and apply it to their errant beliefs.

Mind you, If theists did use reason and logic, There would be no theists, Would there?

That's like saying if there was no penal colony there would be no Australia.
Willows
Posts: 11,688
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2018 9:51:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Leaning wrote:
I don't have any examples at hand, But I have a vague recollection of theist philosophers and scientists actually thinking rather deeply on their deity. And using reason and logic when considering their own beliefs.

If they used reason and logic when considering their own beliefs, How come their outcome was the complete opposite to atheists who also used logic and reason.

Something doesn't add up don't you think?
Willows
Posts: 11,688
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2018 10:14:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Harikrish wrote:
Willows wrote:
Leaning wrote:
Willows wrote:
Leaning wrote:
Willows wrote:
Since theists cannot use reason or logic to justify the existence of their particular Creator, Is it reasonable and logical to assume that theists tend not to use reason or logic in everyday decision-making?

No.

Well, That explains the depth of reasoning and logic that theists use in drawing conclusions.

I'm afraid that by simply answering "no" is not tantamount to presenting a convincing, Informed argument in favour of your assertion.

It sounded more like a question asking for a yes or no answer.
https://en. Wikipedia. Org/wiki/List_of_Christians_in_science_and_technology
I would think that many sciences require logic and reason, Or at the very least the two would be helpful to a scientist and allow them to excel.

Isn't it a pity then that theistic scientists can't or won't use proper scientific research and apply it to their errant beliefs.

Mind you, If theists did use reason and logic, There would be no theists, Would there?

That's like saying if there was no penal colony there would be no Australia.

Or, Perhaps like saying "if there were no railway tracks in India, There would be no toilets. "
Harikrish
Posts: 30,018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2018 1:55:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Willows wrote:
Harikrish wrote:
Willows wrote:
Leaning wrote:
Willows wrote:
Leaning wrote:
Willows wrote:
Since theists cannot use reason or logic to justify the existence of their particular Creator, Is it reasonable and logical to assume that theists tend not to use reason or logic in everyday decision-making?

No.

Well, That explains the depth of reasoning and logic that theists use in drawing conclusions.

I'm afraid that by simply answering "no" is not tantamount to presenting a convincing, Informed argument in favour of your assertion.

It sounded more like a question asking for a yes or no answer.
https://en. Wikipedia. Org/wiki/List_of_Christians_in_science_and_technology
I would think that many sciences require logic and reason, Or at the very least the two would be helpful to a scientist and allow them to excel.

Isn't it a pity then that theistic scientists can't or won't use proper scientific research and apply it to their errant beliefs.

Mind you, If theists did use reason and logic, There would be no theists, Would there?

That's like saying if there was no penal colony there would be no Australia.

Or, Perhaps like saying "if there were no railway tracks in India, There would be no toilets. "

But we have railway tracks and we have toilets. Just like Australia is a penal colony and full of convicts. The Convict Registry in UK list convicts that were sent to Australia. The Convict registry in Australia list convicts raised in Australia by convict parents.
Willows
Posts: 11,688
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2018 11:59:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Harikrish wrote:
Willows wrote:
Harikrish wrote:
Willows wrote:
Leaning wrote:
Willows wrote:
Leaning wrote:
Willows wrote:
Since theists cannot use reason or logic to justify the existence of their particular Creator, Is it reasonable and logical to assume that theists tend not to use reason or logic in everyday decision-making?

No.

Well, That explains the depth of reasoning and logic that theists use in drawing conclusions.

I'm afraid that by simply answering "no" is not tantamount to presenting a convincing, Informed argument in favour of your assertion.

It sounded more like a question asking for a yes or no answer.
https://en. Wikipedia. Org/wiki/List_of_Christians_in_science_and_technology
I would think that many sciences require logic and reason, Or at the very least the two would be helpful to a scientist and allow them to excel.

Isn't it a pity then that theistic scientists can't or won't use proper scientific research and apply it to their errant beliefs.

Mind you, If theists did use reason and logic, There would be no theists, Would there?

That's like saying if there was no penal colony there would be no Australia.

Or, Perhaps like saying "if there were no railway tracks in India, There would be no toilets. "

But we have railway tracks and we have toilets. Just like Australia is a penal colony and full of convicts. The Convict Registry in UK list convicts that were sent to Australia. The Convict registry in Australia list convicts raised in Australia by convict parents.

However, Most British convicts stayed in Britain which is why Britain is no longer Great Britain.
ethang5
Posts: 19,114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2019 12:42:21 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Harikrish wrote:
Willows wrote:

Mind you, If theists did use reason and logic, There would be no theists, Would there?

That's like saying if there was no penal colony there would be no Australia.

Or, Perhaps like saying "if there were no railway tracks in India, There would be no toilets. "

Ouch! Zing! Burn!

But India has toilets and railroad tracks.

I think he means that Indians don't perceive a difference between the two moron. Lol.
Harikrish
Posts: 30,018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2019 3:08:40 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
ethang5 wrote:
Harikrish wrote:
Willows wrote:

Mind you, If theists did use reason and logic, There would be no theists, Would there?

That's like saying if there was no penal colony there would be no Australia.

Or, Perhaps like saying "if there were no railway tracks in India, There would be no toilets. "

Ouch! Zing! Burn!

But India has toilets and railroad tracks.

I think he means that Indians don't perceive a difference between the two moron. Lol.
Australians don't know that Indian trains have toilets because their trains only have standing room.

Africans have their own problems.

Africans defecating outdoors.
https://youtu. Be/Lqg8I4w0ItM

Africans like Ethang love to lick cows backsides.
https://youtu. Be/n8PYozPB-8I

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.