Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

Why isn't God proactive?

Sonofcharl
Posts: 78
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2019 7:45:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Why shouldn't everything be all lovely and nice and problem free. Or is he or she or it, Just hiding behind a cloud somewhere having a laugh. After all you would expect a god to be omni-sensible.
ethang5
Posts: 19,114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2019 10:30:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Sonofcharl wrote:

Why shouldn't everything be all lovely and nice and problem free.

Because free will and people like you exist.

Or is he or she or it, Just hiding behind a cloud somewhere having a laugh.

There may be persons laughing at you but none of them is God.

After all you would expect a god to be omni-sensible.

And you'd be able to discern omni-sensibility? Lol.

God did make everything all lovely and nice and problem free. And He was proactive, He had prepared the plan of salvation even before the creation of the universe. You just are ignorant of Christian doctrine.

But it's more fun to pretend you're more sensible than God right? Carry on.
Wizofoz
Posts: 3,374
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2019 12:00:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
He had prepared the plan of salvation even before the creation of the universe.

So he allowed people to be born knowing they'd e damned.

What a jerk!
ethang5
Posts: 19,114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2019 12:23:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Wizofoz wrote:

He had prepared the plan of salvation even before the creation of the universe.

So he allowed people to be born knowing they'd e damned.

What a jerk!

Poor thinkers spin.

He allowed people their choice even if their choice was not Him.

What a saint!

Let reality rather than your cynical worldview shape your opinions.
Sonofcharl
Posts: 78
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2019 4:46:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Wouldn't it be more sensible to keep everything lovely and nice?

Rather than allow us to mess up the planet and be generally anti-social.

Why do theists always make silly excuses for their Gods lackadaisical approach to planetary management?
Wizofoz
Posts: 3,374
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2019 10:07:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
He allowed people their choice even if their choice was not Him.

But he knew what that choice was ahead of time. He could have simply not allowed those he knew would make the wrong choice to come into existence.

But he did anyway.

Jerk.
Harikrish
Posts: 30,018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2019 10:09:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
ethang5 wrote:
Wizofoz wrote:

He had prepared the plan of salvation even before the creation of the universe.

So he allowed people to be born knowing they'd e damned.

What a jerk!

Poor thinkers spin.

He allowed people their choice even if their choice was not Him.

What a saint!

Let reality rather than your cynical worldview shape your opinions.

Black's didn't have a choice about their colour or negroid appearance or their low IQ.

Phenotypic Variations Between Blacks and Non-Blacks

Blacks have wide noses, Kinky hair, Black skin, High waist-to-hip ratios, Prognathic jaws, Long arms, And soulless, Vacant eyes. Everything about them is ugly.

Blacks have the lowest IQ in the world. The Bushmen clock in at around 50 IQ, The average Bantu achieves the mentally retarded level of 70 IQ, And the highly cultivated, Well fed, Well cared for, Partially White African-Americans reach 85 IQ. IQ has an enormous impact on lifestyle, Achievement, And behavior. IQ correlates to poverty, Crime, Mortality, And broken homes on one side " and education, Wealth, Human accomplishment, Long life and stable homes on the other. According to IQ and the Wealth of Nations, A country must have a minimum average IQ of 90 to run a technological civilization. It is not a far cry to say it is IQ that makes humans better than the animals, And it is IQ that makes some humans better than other humans.

That"s not all though. Blacks are unique in that when we arrived, They had no written language, No wheel, No architectural works, Nothing at all that would indicate they live a human existence. Whereas literature and palaces and cities existed in almost every corner of the earth, From the Incas to the Indians to the Persians to the Chinese to Stonehenge to Ankar Wat in Cambodia " nothing existed in Africa. For the past 100, 000 years non-Blacks have been spreading across the globe, Building pyramids and cities, Developing new technology, Domesticating animals and crops, Covering themselves in finely decorated clothing, And living essentially human lives. Blacks, Meanwhile, Stayed nearly naked, Self-mutilating, Technology-less, With no domesticated animals, No written language, No wheel, No stone buildings, No metalworking, Nothing.

Virtually every other non-Black group came up with an admirable or at least interesting religion or philosophy which was recorded and taught to a priesthood. Indians had the Vedas and the Upanishads, Chinese had Confucianism, Daoism, And various sects of Buddhism. Europeans had Virgil, Horace, And Homer to write down their pagan religion, With Plato, Aristotle, And numberless other greats to record their philosophy. Even the Aztecs had a corpus of literature which was, Unfortunately, Burnt and destroyed by the Spanish invaders. Shintoism was developed in Japan, The epic of Gilgamesh was recorded in ancient Babylonian times, And Egypt authored the Book of the Dead. Only Black Africa (and assorted primitives in Australasia) hadn"t recorded or created any official religion or philosophy. Blacks still rely on voodoo, Witchcraft, Black magic, And animism with no particular pantheon of Gods, No priesthood, No anything that could develop them past superstition and barbarism.

Today it is questionable what Blacks could achieve on their own, Without the intervention of others giving to them all the things they could never produce or maintain themselves. Though we see Blacks walking around in business suits, Speaking English, Shooting guns, And making use of all sorts of non-Black generated goods and services and inventions and ideas and discoveries " none of them originate from the Black man. Without the continuous intervention of charity into Black Africa, It"s unknown whether they could even maintain what they have, Or if they would simply regress back to mud huts the moment we left. All current Black civilization is in fact transplanted non-Black civilization. There is not as yet a single Black civilization on Earth that has independently developed and maintained its own technological and philosophical way of life. No Blacks have won any Nobel prizes in the hard sciences, Fields medals, Or gotten any spot on a list of human accomplishment that would represent some major scientific or technological advancement for the world.

Geography can be no excuse, Because Blacks today live all across the world. Blacks in France, The UK, And the USA are given preferential treatment and access to college educations, And yet they still produce nothing. At the same time, Whites who lived in South Africa and Zimbabwe made them into decent, First World nations without a problem. There is nothing about the African continent inimical to modern life, It is simply the fact that it is populated by Blacks.

Nor can some strange combination of bad luck and being separate from other civilizations explain Black underperformance. After all, Blacks have been connected to the outside world since the 1400s. They have had centuries to modernize and improve themselves in Africa with full access to modern knowledge and technology. In contrast, It took Japan about twenty years to modernize from a feudal Samurai culture to a fully modern industrial state which then took on and defeated Russia in 1900. Blacks have had centuries in the USA to do all sorts of human activities, Immersed in White culture, Knowledge, And technology. Instead all they do is riot, Rape, Steal, Sell drugs, And demand more handouts from the government. Germany recovered from WWII in just ten years, Becoming yet again a prosperous, Powerful, And leading-edge modern civilization. Africans meanwhile cannot recover from "colonization, " "slavery, " or "discrimination" after centuries. Haiti has been an all-Black, Independent, Free state since the Napoleonic wars, 200 years ago. Even so, Its lifestyle and standard of living perfectly matches that of darkest Africa. In those 200 years it hasn"t progressed an inch.

The Black murder rate is nine times that of the White/Hispanic (combined! ) murder rate. It is 36 times as high as the Asian murder rate. Blacks are the majority of AIDS cases and all other STDs, Their STD rates are completely out of proportion to all other groups. Even homosexuals have a hard time keeping up with the Black STD rates. No ordinary healthy human has the sexual habits of the Black race. Whereas every other people on earth developed a family structure, Blacks still roam around aimlessly screwing everyone they meet and never staying to raise the child. Seventy percent of Black children in the USA are illegitimate. In Africa, Women largely do all the work and raise the kids while the men commit crime or sit around chewing leaves or smoking something. Domestic violence among Blacks is atrocious. Rape is endemic. The human race does not act like this; their morals and habits are completely different.

Good things can be said of virtually every group or civilization on earth. This is unsurprising, Given the fact that everyone on earth is descended from the same small tribe that left Africa 100, 000 years ago. East Asians are such decent, Advanced people they are comparable to Whites. Unsurprisingly, They only diverged from the White race 40, 000 years ago. There is only one group nothing good can be said about, There is only one group completely unrelated to the rest of the human race, And that is the Black African. There is enough genetic variation between Blacks and non-Blacks that any objective scientist, Classifying us like they would classify various animal species, Would label us different species. On one side humans, On the other Blacks. There is enough phenotypic, Common sense variation, That again it is an insult to categorize Blacks among the human race. They are nothing like us and they never will be; they are worse in every way. Call them subhuman.
ethang5
Posts: 19,114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2019 3:05:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Sonofcharl wrote:

Wouldn't it be more sensible to keep everything lovely and nice?

How? By forcing you tone lovely and nice? By taking away your free will? By making us robots or slaves? Would that be better to you?

Rather than allow us to mess up the planet and be generally anti-social.

So how would He stop us? By force?

Why do theists always make silly excuses for their Gods lackadaisical approach to planetary management?

Could you manage it better? Here is your chance to show us. How would you have kept the world lovely and nice?
ethang5
Posts: 19,114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2019 3:24:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Wizofoz wrote:

He allowed people their choice even if their choice was not Him.

But he knew what that choice was ahead of time.

So? How does His knowledge make it OK to deny someone's free will?

He could have simply not allowed those he knew would make the wrong choice to come into existence.

Would that be fair? Supposed the govt. Did that? Allowed only those who it knew would vote for it to vote? If God created us to love Him freely, Would it not be stacking the deck unfairly to create only the ones who would love Him? God is never unfair.

For a choice to be truly fair, A person must be able to take either the pro or con option freely.

But he did anyway.

Jerk.

You have to think and not let emotion cloud your mind.

If God stops the creation of say, Atheist wiz, All of Wiz's influences and affects on Earth disappear. This changes everything so that atheist willowed, Who would have sought salvation, Now doesn't.

So God is faced with, Don't create wiz, And have willowed choose to die, Or create wiz, And have wiz choose to die.

Every change God makes causes a cascade of other changes down the chain of creation. It isn't as simple as just not creating someone, Which would be unfair anyway even without the changes it would cause in who lived and who died.
Tradesecret
Posts: 1,560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2019 4:16:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Why shouldn't everything be all lovely and nice and problem free. Or is he or she or it, Just hiding behind a cloud somewhere having a laugh. After all you would expect a god to be omni-sensible.

Why? For many people in our world today, Lovely and nice and problem free would be a nightmare - and worse - boring. That would be a living Hell for many people. And they would want to escape or kill themselves.

Besides, Problems and issues actually help us grow and mature. We learn very often from the mistakes we make - and when we do well and everything goes well - we become apathetic and lazy.

I like going on holiday where things are more care free - but I also like working where there is stress and pressure.

As for God being pro-active? What does that even mean? Do you mean he should be like superman and fly in whenever there is trouble and solve it? I would not call that pro-active but reactive. It would be a reaction to the problems in the world. Many people would like God to be superman - but superman never solves the problem - he simply reacts to the problem of evil that is happening. In other words he is the band-aid but not the solution. And when we look at all of the heroes - that is the similar feature they all entail - band aids - reacting to the evil - their own solution is to eradicate it one bit at a time.

This is similar to political systems - look at the problems and deal with it. Think of the old sexually transmitted disease motifs - prevention is better than cure. But did deeper into that tactic. It is not to stop people having sex - but because we know they will - lets prevent them having bad sex. And then rather than trying to cure the disease spreading - lets just prevent it. But lets not actually consider the problem in the first place - why do sexual diseases spread? Because people are having sex with more than one partner. Obviously to stop this happening would be to big a restraint for some people- hence - prevention - band aid solutions - superman notions - reaction nor proactive solutions.

God however is pre-emptive. God knew man would fall and sin and cause great evil to take place in our world. He could have prevented it - but only at the expense of humanity growing and maturing and removing their liberty of freedom. Nevertheless, He knew many would turn to him as well.

His solution to the problem of sin was Jesus and the cross. He did not expect that humanity would achieve perfection by themselves - so he let them try and figure it out for themselves- which they did not because they were so arrogant and proud. He let them make their own mistakes - but they did not learn from their mistakes. Hence he did it himself - he came himself and did what they could not do - in order to reconcile them to himself. He dealt with the problem - he did not put a bandaid on - he came and removed the splinter - he took away our sinful hearts and gave us new ones.

And we can obtain this salvation by trusting in Jesus.

the question is how are we going to react to what God has done?
Wizofoz
Posts: 3,374
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2019 7:42:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
So? How does His knowledge make it OK to deny someone's free will?


Because it means he brought people into existence knowing they would suffer for eternity.

And that's a jerk move.
Tradesecret
Posts: 1,560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2019 7:58:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
So? How does His knowledge make it OK to deny someone's free will?

Because it means he brought people into existence knowing they would suffer for eternity.

And that's a jerk move.


And that is a shallow response. The premise is that God is good and holy and without blame. Hence, Whatever reason he did it, Whatever our pre-conceptions, Is it must have a good reason. So when you say, He did these things and add a moral comment, You actually contradict the very God that others believe.

What I am saying, Is that your comment is thereby directed at something else apart from the God of Scripture. At best it is merely the idea that you imagine God is to be - and at the end of the day - that cannot compare to the God of the bible.

Now you may well not believe in God or you might not believe in a God who is holy and blameless and is altogether good. That is your prerogative - I suppose - you have liberty of opinion. But the God of the bible is described in those terms - and therefore if the truth is that God in his hidden will brings people into existence knowing that these people will offend his revealed will and will suffer the consequences of that actions forever, Then it is for good reason. Do I know why? Nope. But I suggest that if God did not bring those people into existence - then it is also probable that he would not have brought anyone into existence and thereby - neither you nor I would experience his love. In other words, You can't have the good without the bad - and it is the choice of the bad where they lay. Noone holds a gun to their head and says - be evil and reject God. But nor can people be so foolish as to say - they did not know of the consequences. They know it - as you do - but you choose to reject it - for whatever reason. But God in his mercy - has mercy on some. And they love him - and in the end they get it. Turning around and attempting to blame it on God is simply bad form. It is the ultimate epitome of a sore loser who knows what they should have done -but did not like the rules. In other words, You cannot blame anyone else but yourself when it all goes to crap.
Wizofoz
Posts: 3,374
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2019 9:47:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Point is, Tradie, This shows that even if there IS a god, He's a monster- not a loving, Perfect god.

So either he doesn't exist or he isn't as you believe- what's your pleasure?
Tradesecret
Posts: 1,560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2019 11:31:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Point is, Tradie, This shows that even if there IS a god, He's a monster- not a loving, Perfect god.

So either he doesn't exist or he isn't as you believe- what's your pleasure?


Your God might not exist - but the God I serve has always with absolute kindness demonstrated his love towards me and he acts in total accord with the way he is described in the Bible.

You start with a premise that he is a monster and lo and behold that is what you see - and to be honest, You are not going to start seeing anything else -because you are the fount of all wisdom and moral measure.

the bible clearly starts with God who does good and shows love and pleasure in his creation. Humanity chose to disregard God. And yet God still did not wipe him completely of the planet although he came close to doing so and he had every right as the righteous judge to do so. And then after millenia of constantly being insulted by humanity - he gave himself up - to ensure that not all would be destroyed. This is not an example of a monster - but of someone who is entirely self-sacrificing - and more than fair and merciful. You want some sort of wimpy God who will cave into whatever demand you want - you want a liar - one who does not do what he says and can't be trusted to do what he promises. God is holy and perfectly just. Yet he is also compassionate and full of mercy and grace. He is perfectly good. You might not like his good and in your subjective eyes it might be evil - but objectively it is good.

Now you can sit there and whine about it - and call God a monster. But what has he ever asked you to do that is unreasonable? What has ever demanded of you to do - that is too difficult? He has given you free will to do whatever you want - and you do whatever you want. He might not want you to do those things- but you know the consequences of your choices. And yet you still choose to do them. So to call him a monster is banal and hypocritical. You just don't like the fact that your freedom has limitations and consequences - because they are actually bad choices - unwise decisions -

But to sit there and pretend like you are some kind of judge over the God of the universe is nothing short of stupid. And to call him a monster because he does things you don't like -well, There is nothing really left to say, Is there?
Wizofoz
Posts: 3,374
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2019 12:02:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
But what has he ever asked you to do that is unreasonable?

1) Believe in him (on pain of eternal damnation) with no evidence.

2) Accept that he is good when he supposedly created a world of unspeakable suffering.

3) Accept he is loving when, As you say, He supposedly wiped all but one family out in a horrific fashion (he could have just struck everyone down humanly, Couldn't he? Oh, By the way, What did the babies do that deserve drowning? )

4) accept he isn't a monster when he deliberately created people knows are going to hell.

The level of dissonance required to somehow shoe-horn a loving god into those ideas is breathtaking.
Harikrish
Posts: 30,018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2019 5:32:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Tradesecret wrote:
Why shouldn't everything be all lovely and nice and problem free. Or is he or she or it, Just hiding behind a cloud somewhere having a laugh. After all you would expect a god to be omni-sensible.

Why? For many people in our world today, Lovely and nice and problem free would be a nightmare - and worse - boring. That would be a living Hell for many people. And they would want to escape or kill themselves.

Besides, Problems and issues actually help us grow and mature. We learn very often from the mistakes we make - and when we do well and everything goes well - we become apathetic and lazy.

I like going on holiday where things are more care free - but I also like working where there is stress and pressure.

As for God being pro-active? What does that even mean? Do you mean he should be like superman and fly in whenever there is trouble and solve it? I would not call that pro-active but reactive. It would be a reaction to the problems in the world. Many people would like God to be superman - but superman never solves the problem - he simply reacts to the problem of evil that is happening. In other words he is the band-aid but not the solution. And when we look at all of the heroes - that is the similar feature they all entail - band aids - reacting to the evil - their own solution is to eradicate it one bit at a time.

This is similar to political systems - look at the problems and deal with it. Think of the old sexually transmitted disease motifs - prevention is better than cure. But did deeper into that tactic. It is not to stop people having sex - but because we know they will - lets prevent them having bad sex. And then rather than trying to cure the disease spreading - lets just prevent it. But lets not actually consider the problem in the first place - why do sexual diseases spread? Because people are having sex with more than one partner. Obviously to stop this happening would be to big a restraint for some people- hence - prevention - band aid solutions - superman notions - reaction nor proactive solutions.

God however is pre-emptive. God knew man would fall and sin and cause great evil to take place in our world. He could have prevented it - but only at the expense of humanity growing and maturing and removing their liberty of freedom. Nevertheless, He knew many would turn to him as well.

His solution to the problem of sin was Jesus and the cross. He did not expect that humanity would achieve perfection by themselves - so he let them try and figure it out for themselves- which they did not because they were so arrogant and proud. He let them make their own mistakes - but they did not learn from their mistakes. Hence he did it himself - he came himself and did what they could not do - in order to reconcile them to himself. He dealt with the problem - he did not put a bandaid on - he came and removed the splinter - he took away our sinful hearts and gave us new ones.

And we can obtain this salvation by trusting in Jesus.

the question is how are we going to react to what God has done?

God tried to be proactive by sending his son Jesus. But the people rejected Jesus and crucified him. I don't think God wants to feel fooled again. The world even overcame his flood. We now have over 7 billion population of God mockers! Very embarrassing!
ethang5
Posts: 19,114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2019 6:10:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Wizofoz wrote:

So? How does His knowledge make it OK to deny someone's free will?


Because it means he brought people into existence knowing they would suffer for eternity.

And that's a jerk move.

When parents have a child, Does the fact that the child will suffer in life and eventually die and stay dead forever make having children a jerk move?

I'm not sure how you know anyone will suffer for eternity, But how is God responsible for their free choice? His knowledge of where they will go has nothing to do with their right to choose.

(Note: This is what I always say about atheists. Every question save one in my post was ignored. No comment was made about my points about the unfairness of barring only those who would reject God, Or about how each move by God causes millions of changes down the line.

Now, He doesn't have to debate those issues, That is fine. But in a few days you will see the same atheist back on the board as if no one addressed his issues and he is ready to debate the topic.

I find this intellectually dishonest. )
Harikrish
Posts: 30,018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2019 8:18:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
ethang5 wrote:
Wizofoz wrote:

So? How does His knowledge make it OK to deny someone's free will?


Because it means he brought people into existence knowing they would suffer for eternity.

And that's a jerk move.

When parents have a child, Does the fact that the child will suffer in life and eventually die and stay dead forever make having children a jerk move?

I'm not sure how you know anyone will suffer for eternity, But how is God responsible for their free choice? His knowledge of where they will go has nothing to do with their right to choose.

(Note: This is what I always say about atheists. Every question save one in my post was ignored. No comment was made about my points about the unfairness of barring only those who would reject God, Or about how each move by God causes millions of changes down the line.

Now, He doesn't have to debate those issues, That is fine. But in a few days you will see the same atheist back on the board as if no one addressed his issues and he is ready to debate the topic.

I find this intellectually dishonest. )

Why would African parents have negroid children when they know they are biblically cursed by Ham and their children will carry the curse.

Phenotypic Variations Between Blacks and Non-Blacks

Blacks have wide noses, Kinky hair, Black skin, High waist-to-hip ratios, Prognathic jaws, Long arms, And soulless, Vacant eyes. Everything about them is ugly.

Blacks have the lowest IQ in the world (ignoring the equally disgusting and black-skinned Australian aborigines for convenience"s sake). The Bushmen clock in at around 50 IQ, The average Bantu achieves the mentally retarded level of 70 IQ, And the highly cultivated, Well fed, Well cared for, Partially White African-Americans reach 85 IQ. IQ has an enormous impact on lifestyle, Achievement, And behavior. IQ correlates to poverty, Crime, Mortality, And broken homes on one side " and education, Wealth, Human accomplishment, Long life and stable homes on the other. According to IQ and the Wealth of Nations, A country must have a minimum average IQ of 90 to run a technological civilization. It is not a far cry to say it is IQ that makes humans better than the animals, And it is IQ that makes some humans better than other humans.

This is why we see such a high incidence of abortions in the Black community.
Tradesecret
Posts: 1,560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2019 9:17:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
But what has he ever asked you to do that is unreasonable?

1) Believe in him (on pain of eternal damnation) with no evidence.


No, That does not cut it. You not accepting the evidence in front of your eyes is your own fault. Millions and billions of people see the evidence and respond. You have your own expectations - that is part of the problem. Secondly, It is absurd to say that he says believe in him on pain of eternal damnation. That is incorrect and a misrepresentation. If he does exist - he cannot hold a gun to your head. If he does exist - the choice is in your hands. Go figure it out.

2) Accept that he is good when he supposedly created a world of unspeakable suffering.

Actually he made a world that was good and even very good. It was humanity who by their own choices - turned the world nasty and continue to do so. Humanity wants to do things their way - this is where suffering comes from.

3) Accept he is loving when, As you say, He supposedly wiped all but one family out in a horrific fashion (he could have just struck everyone down humanly, Couldn't he? Oh, By the way, What did the babies do that deserve drowning? )

I say it was just that he struck everyone down. Completely lawful and in accord with what people knew would happen - but chose to reject because they thought God was supposed to be loving. A bit like you. Judges all over the world punish people - is it because they lack love for the person they judge and sentence? I doubt it - it is because they care about justice and they care about the society they are judging. If they did not care or if they hated the society and the individuals then they would just let the world do whatever it wanted to without consequences.

Yes, The babies and the trees and the animals - what did they do? Good question - I don't know the answer - but I won't begin with the assumption that God is evil because of it. In fact I won't begin there - because God is good. I don't understand why everything had to die - but I do know that only Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord. And even that grace was not because he deserved it. Grace means "undeserved favour". In other words - salvation does not come for the deserving - but for the undeserving. It comes of grace and mercy.

4) accept he isn't a monster when he deliberately created people knows are going to hell.

That is just an ignorant argument. Give a reason - why he can't create people he will destroy at his whim. Not that he destroys people at a whim. But what possible scenario - except God is a human construct - would it be plausible that God would act in accordance with the morality of humans. When a human artist creates a work of art or an author writes a piece of writing - they destroy many attempts - before they complete what they are doing. In their attempts to perfect - they know before they even start that there will be many items and attempts that will be thrown into the rubbish bin - but they continue to keep going. We don't see that as cruel or evil. Now it is true that humanity with a sentient brain / conscience has emotions and feelings and this is quite distinct from paper or artifacts - but there is also a significant difference between humans and God.

Why would God do this? Because he is totally just and good. He gave every person the freedom to do the right thing. And humans chose to do the wrong thing. If he just refused to make humanity because he knew they would do the wrong thing - then that is even worse than creating them knowing they would sin, Because it would be effectively giving up on them before they had the opportunity to do the right or wrong thing. In other words, Not bringing them into existence would be even more cruel and evil - than giving them the freedom to do the right thing.
The level of dissonance required to somehow shoe-horn a loving god into those ideas is breathtaking.

Actually it is the reverse which is true. You take verses selectively. Every verse which indicates in your mind that God is evil - you suck up like it is the fairy god mother - and every verse that actually says God is good - you reject as ridiculous. In other words, You don't actually know how to read. You are not interested in knowing the truth - you just want a god who lets you do whatever you want - without the consequences. This is the problem - and the solution is for you to get down on your knees and repent of your arrogance and ignorance and ask God to forgive you.
ethang5
Posts: 19,114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2019 9:40:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Wiz, And atheists like him, Want to act like their position is mainstream, It isn't. It is fringe.

The lack of logic in their position is responsible for it's unpopularity. The only people looking at the "Greatest Story Ever Told" and seeing negative hate must be the deluded fringe, Atheist or theist.

This is why traditions like Easter and Christmas have become popular even in atheist and non-christian cultures.
Harikrish
Posts: 30,018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2019 11:03:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
ethang5 wrote:
Wiz, And atheists like him, Want to act like their position is mainstream, It isn't. It is fringe.

The lack of logic in their position is responsible for it's unpopularity. The only people looking at the "Greatest Story Ever Told" and seeing negative hate must be the deluded fringe, Atheist or theist.

This is why traditions like Easter and Christmas have become popular even in atheist and non-christian cultures.

So why are Black women aborting black babies? Is it because they are Christians and believe Africans are the biblical curse of Ham?

Blacks need to do more than complain about their black skin and negroid appearence. Look how Black women are dealing with the Black epidemic. They are having abortions!

Ethang5: Lol. Of course I am African, Why do you keep talking about America?
Ethang said: Ok shithole. Trump never insulted India. But your shithole country is sure mad about something.
Ethang5 wrote: "I'm not a proud African. And if I were, I would not lie about Africa's achievements. "

Ethang5 wrote: I live in Africa where I run Bibles to countries which outlaw the possession of Bibles. Been doing it for more than 15 years to many countries. I have 3 children.
But is that enough. Look how Black women are dealing with the Black epidemic. They are having abortions!

Phenotypic Variations Between Blacks and Non-Blacks

Blacks have wide noses, Kinky hair, Black skin, High waist-to-hip ratios, Prognathic jaws, Long arms, And soulless, Vacant eyes. Everything about them is ugly.

Is this subhuman behaviour?

From African slave traders Blacks have found other ways to spite their own people by aborting Black babies. Such is the contemp Blacks have for their black skin and negroid appearance. 80% of Africans are Christians. This cannot be good news for Catholics.

Ghana was the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade Centre and exported some 20 million
Negroid slaves alone.

African American babies rapidly becoming a vanishing species
Black women have highest abortion rate than any group

Abortion has been a controversial issue among African American women long the before the 1973 Supreme Court ruling in Roe vs. Wade. Very often, Black women must navigate political barriers, Racism and cultural expectations of motherhood when seeking to end a pregnancy.

The numbers are alarming. African American women are reportedly five times more likely than White women to undergo abortions. This striking difference is sometimes attributed to a suggested higher rate of unintended pregnancies when compared to White women, Mostly because of limited access to reproductive health care services.

The CDC has also reported that during the 1970s roughly 24 percent of all U. S. Abortions were performed on Black women. That figure rose to about 35 percent during the 1980s and '90s and stands at 37 percent today. Last year, A Pew Research survey found that there is not much of an ideological divide between Blacks and Whites when it comes to abortion and although a Black woman is reportedly five times more likely than a White woman to undergo the operation, She is only. 002 times more likely to support abortion as a matter of public policy. As well, The Pew survey found that, Although Black women are more than twice as likely to live in poverty than White women, The former's poverty levels are relatively comparable to Latino women who undergo far fewer abortions in any given year. In both cases, They found, The disparity in income doesn't entirely match the disparity in abortion.

A scourge within the Black community'

"Abortion is the number-one killer of Black lives, " said Ryan Bomberger, CEO and co-founder of the Radiance Foundation and a frequent columnist for Black Community News, A conservative blog that regularly comments on abortion in the Black community. "Abortion-induced deaths of the unborn in the Black community are 69 times higher than HIV deaths, 31 times higher than the homicide rate, 3. 6 times higher than cancer-related deaths and 3. 5 times higher than deaths caused by heart disease. This is a scourge within in the Black community that must be addressed and ended now. "

Some pro-life advocates have accused pro-choice Black women of being a "disgrace to their race" for supporting abortion, Often comparing their support of the procedure to advocating slavery. Iowa Rep. Steve King has openly criticized poor Black women for having an abortion, Going as far to say that he would give "even money that a vast majority of mothers who say they can't afford an abortion have an iPhone, Which costs more. "

Pro-life advocates often say that pro-choice feminists push abortion as a "woman's right" and have successfully identified abortion as a "civil right. " Some African Americans, They attest, In having fought for their civil rights in the 1950s and 1960s have been "duped" into identifying the pro-choice movement with the fight for civil rights. Alveda King, Daughter of slain civil rights leader A. D. King and niece of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. , Often quotes her uncle when outlining her opposition to abortion.

"[Martin Luther King Jr. ] once said, "The Negro cannot win as long as he is willing to sacrifice the lives of his children for comfort and safety, " King said. "How can the 'dream' survive if we murder the children? Every aborted baby is like a slave in the womb of his or her mother. The mother decides his or her fate. "

Doesn't that prove Black women are more proactive than God dealing with the Black epidemic? !

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.