Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 3:55:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/22/2015 3:47:32 PM, inferno wrote:
At 6/21/2015 4:53:40 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
Been reading some Greek Mythology, guys.

Seems Jesus was merely a Jewish "re-boot" or simply another version, of the ancient Greek God Bacchus, who was preceded by Dionysus. And even Horus before that!

These guys were all worshiped a GOOD 1000 years BEFORE Jesus!

So how can JC be considered real? Or original. (Feel free to look-up the timelines)

As you can see the similarities are amazing..........

The Greek god of wine, Dionysus or Bacchus, also called Bacchus, has been depicted as having been born of a virgin mother on December 25th; performing miracles such as changing water into wine; appearing surrounded by or one of 12 figures; bearing epithets such as "Father" and "Savior"; dying; resurrecting after three days; and ascending into heaven.

Dionysus shares the following attributes in common with the Christ character as found in the New Testament and Christian tradition.

Dionysus was born of a virgin on "December 25th" or the winter solstice.
He is the son of the heavenly Father.
As the Holy Child, Bacchus was placed in a cradle/crib/manger "among beasts."
Dionysus was a traveling teacher who performed miracles.
He was the God of the Vine, and turned water into wine.
Dionysus rode in a "triumphal procession" on an asss.
He was a sacred king killed and eaten in an eucharistic ritual for fecundity and purification.
The god traveled into the underworld to rescue his loved one, arising from the land of the dead after three days.
Dionysus rose from the dead on March 25th and ascended into heaven.
Bacchus was deemed "Father," "Liberator" and "Savior."
Dionysus was considered the "Only Begotten Son," "King of Kings," "God of Gods," "Sin Bearer," "Redeemer," "Anointed One" and the "Alpha and Omega."
He was identified with the Ram or Lamb.
His sacrificial title of "Dendrites" or "Young Man of the Tree" indicates he was hung on a tree or crucified.
"Early Christian art is rich with Dionysiac associations, whether in boisterous representations of agape feasting, in the miracle of water-into-wine at Cana, in wine and vine motifs alluding to the Eucharaist, and most markedly...in the use of Dionysiac facial traits for representations of Christ."

"Dr. Thomas F. Mathews, The Clash of the Gods, 45

What say you, christians?

Believe what you must. But God exists. Your man made theories are entertaining at best.

LOL---yeah. And Yahweh isn't man-made? Or the entire bible? Its truly amazing and momentous list of contradictions and downright falsehoods prove it could not be the work of a Divine Entity. But rather of a Bronze Age and largely illiterate nomadic group of oft-oppressed Hebrews who sorely needed a BFF to help them imagine they would one day vanquish all those other tribes that were kicking their butts on a daily bases.

Could I ask you why you would think god existed if you were never taught that. Or had ever read the bible? In other words: can you give just one tiny simple shred of proof from today's world that your god exists? And is not all in your head?

I will wait.

Thanks!
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 4:04:16 PM
At 6/21/2015 8:58:21 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 6/21/2015 8:17:42 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:21:56 PM, Dogknox wrote:

His sacrificial title of "Dendrites" or "Young Man of the Tree" indicates he was hung on a tree or crucified.
"Early Christian art is rich with Dionysiac associations, whether in boisterous representations of agape feasting, in the miracle of water-into-wine at Cana, in wine and vine motifs alluding to the Eucharaist, and most markedly...in the use of Dionysiac facial traits for representations of Christ."

What say you, christian?
Dionysus is a MYTH!!!!
Jesus is a historical figure!! Big difference!!!

No one can say "Jesus is a Myth"!

Sure they can!

And they do. Many. many people.

Like these...........

http://www.gotquestions.org...

There are thousands of Martyrs... All with the title Christian.. They were called and accused as cannibals back 2000 years ago... Because they believed in eating the flesh of Jesus and drinking his blood! Jesus taught this ...
53 Jesus said, "I tell you the truth. You must eat the flesh of the Son of Man. And you must drink his blood. If you don"t do this, then you won"t have real life in you.

These Christ followers went to their death believing this teaching from Jesus! They believed and taught eating the flesh of Jesus and drinking his blood in the form of bread and wine... They still do today!!!

You should know that just because somebody is deluded enough to become a martyr, that is, to die for their religion, does not in any way add veracity to the actual existence of their god. or gods. Or dogma.

Look at all those Middle Eastern nuts? Like ISIL. The Taliban; Sharia Law. Suicide bombers. They willingly go to their deaths every day. Do you believe in their god? Their beliefs? Their Koran? Why not? they die as martyrs, don't they? How are the old christian ones any different? The muslims would say you are the deluded one and not them.

Who is to say? Prove your belief is any more worthy than theirs. All you guys have is your bible--you always go running back to it when you can find no other evidence. They do the same thing with their Koran. You are no better than them.

Or can you prove otherwise?
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 4:13:32 PM
At 6/22/2015 3:55:21 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Seems Jesus was merely a Jewish "re-boot" or simply another version, of the ancient Greek God Bacchus, who was preceded by Dionysus. And even Horus before that!

So how can JC be considered real? Or original. (Feel free to look-up the timelines)

The Greek god of wine, Dionysus or Bacchus, also called Bacchus, has been depicted as having been born of a virgin mother on December 25th; performing miracles such as changing water into wine; appearing surrounded by or one of 12 figures; bearing epithets such as "Father" and "Savior"; dying; resurrecting after three days; and ascending into heaven.

Dionysus shares the following attributes in common with the Christ character as found in the New Testament and Christian tradition.

He was a sacred king killed and eaten in an eucharistic ritual for fecundity and purification.
The god traveled into the underworld to rescue his loved one, arising from the land of the dead after three days.
Dionysus was considered the "Only Begotten Son," "King of Kings," "God of Gods," "Sin Bearer," "Redeemer," "Anointed One" and the "Alpha and Omega."

Believe what you must. But God exists. Your man made theories are entertaining at best.

LOL---yeah. And Yahweh isn't man-made? Or the entire bible? Its truly amazing and momentous list of contradictions and downright falsehoods prove it could not be the work of a Divine Entity. But rather of a Bronze Age and largely illiterate nomadic group of oft-oppressed Hebrews who sorely needed a BFF to help them imagine they would one day vanquish all those other tribes that were kicking their butts on a daily bases.

Could I ask you why you would think god existed if you were never taught that. Or had ever read the bible? In other words: can you give just one tiny simple shred of proof from today's world that your god exists? And is not all in your head?

I will wait.

Thanks!

I know you have been taught or misguided to believe what you do. The secret society said there would be skeptics like you who lack knowledge about the spirit world....so I will not argue with a fool.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 4:17:11 PM
At 6/22/2015 4:13:32 PM, inferno wrote:

I will wait.

Thanks!

I know you have been taught or misguided to believe what you do. The secret society said there would be skeptics like you who lack knowledge about the spirit world....so I will not argue with a fool.

LOL.

Exactly what I expected.

You did not disappoint. Your kind rarely do.

You could not answer my challenge. Not even present one shred of proof. Or even a tiny likelihood.

So you do what ALL deluded zealots do: you toss out an ad hominem attack on your Inquisitor and then you run away.

Run!

Run!

LOL.

Correr, vato!
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 4:21:50 PM
Sources?

The concept of Jesus being born on December 25th isn't even outlined in the Bible; the Roman Catholic Church introduced it after converting *some* Pagans to the religion. It's essentially based on Saturnalia, which was a Pagan holiday.
: At 5/29/2017 9:17:31 PM, Vaarka wrote:
: fake and gay
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 4:25:00 PM
At 6/22/2015 4:04:16 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 6/21/2015 8:58:21 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 6/21/2015 8:17:42 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 6/21/2015 5:21:56 PM, Dogknox wrote:

What say you, christian?
Dionysus is a MYTH!!!!
Jesus is a historical figure!! Big difference!!!

No one can say "Jesus is a Myth"!

Sure they can!

And they do. Many. many people.

Like these...........

http://www.gotquestions.org...

There are thousands of Martyrs... All with the title Christian.. They were called and accused as cannibals back 2000 years ago... Because they believed in eating the flesh of Jesus and drinking his blood! Jesus taught this ...
53 Jesus said, "I tell you the truth. You must eat the flesh of the Son of Man. And you must drink his blood. If you don"t do this, then you won"t have real life in you.

These Christ followers went to their death believing this teaching from Jesus! They believed and taught eating the flesh of Jesus and drinking his blood in the form of bread and wine... They still do today!!!

You should know that just because somebody is deluded enough to become a martyr, that is, to die for their religion, does not in any way add veracity to the actual existence of their god. or gods. Or dogma.

Look at all those Middle Eastern nuts? Like ISIL. The Taliban; Sharia Law. Suicide bombers. They willingly go to their deaths every day. Do you believe in their god? Their beliefs? Their Koran? Why not? they die as martyrs, don't they? How are the old christian ones any different? The muslims would say you are the deluded one and not them.

Who is to say? Prove your belief is any more worthy than theirs. All you guys have is your bible--you always go running back to it when you can find no other evidence. They do the same thing with their Koran. You are no better than them.

Or can you prove otherwise?

Saint_of_Me There can only be one truth.. 2+2=4

God became man so he could pay for the sin of Adam!
All sins bring death... All die because of Adams sin, all are living in a corrupted creation because of Adams sin!
Jesus died.. SINLESS.. so he came alive again because sin brings death he was without sin!
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 4:26:35 PM
At 6/22/2015 4:17:11 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

I will wait.

Thanks!

LOL.

Exactly what I expected.

You could not answer my challenge. Not even present one shred of proof. Or even a tiny likelihood.

So you do what ALL deluded zealots do: you toss out an ad hominem attack on your Inquisitor and then you run away.

Run!

Run!

LOL.

Correr, vato!

My kind is on a higher level of thinking than you could ever be in this lifetime or any other time. All you need is one experience in this world, and your perspective will change quickly. But since youre still so young and ignorant, I will leave that up to chance. The Earth is not flat, and we are not in this world alone. Youd be a fool to think so my friend. And I am not being sarcastic when I say this.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 4:42:55 PM
At 6/22/2015 4:21:50 PM, Emilrose wrote:
Sources?

The concept of Jesus being born on December 25th isn't even outlined in the Bible; the Roman Catholic Church introduced it after converting *some* Pagans to the religion. It's essentially based on Saturnalia, which was a Pagan holiday.

What do you believe in.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 4:43:01 PM

Where others have failed miserably to explain the "spirit world", perhaps you will be more successful and help the rest of us access and understand that special knowledge you hold.

This thread has been created for just that purpose...

http://www.debate.org...
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
There would be peace if you obeyed us.~Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 5:05:30 PM
At 6/22/2015 4:43:01 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Where others have failed miserably to explain the "spirit world", perhaps you will be more successful and help the rest of us access and understand that special knowledge you hold.

If you want real life (proof) about the spirit world, then go where the spirit dwellers are. But I warn you, this will be an experience that you will remember for life You know who they are. Don't be a coward sitting behind a computer looking for rational evidence about the spirits. Life will show you what you need to know. And the world will not hesitate to give it to you. =)
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 5:13:10 PM
At 6/22/2015 5:05:30 PM, inferno wrote:

If you want real life (proof) about the spirit world, then go where the spirit dwellers are. But I warn you, this will be an experience that you will remember for life You know who they are. Don't be a coward sitting behind a computer looking for rational evidence about the spirits. Life will show you what you need to know. And the world will not hesitate to give it to you. =)

You mean go and sit in a graveyard? lol
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 5:29:14 PM
At 6/22/2015 4:26:35 PM, inferno wrote:
At 6/22/2015 4:17:11 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

I will wait.

Thanks!

LOL.

Exactly what I expected.

Run!

Run!

LOL.

Correr, vato!

My kind is on a higher level of thinking than you could ever be in this lifetime or any other time. All you need is one experience in this world, and your perspective will change quickly. But since youre still so young and ignorant, I will leave that up to chance. The Earth is not flat, and we are not in this world alone. Youd be a fool to think so my friend. And I am not being sarcastic when I say this.

Funny that you mention the earth being flat. As that is one of the many antiquated, silly, and long-disproved things the bible writers thought.

It is also both humorous that once again you engaged in ad hominem attacks, calling into question my intellect, when we both knows which one of us is better educated. And utilizes logic and the Empirical method, as opposed to being cloaked in superstition.

Run! Go back to where it is safe---under the warm bosom of your imaginary friend.

LOL.

Thanks.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 5:31:42 PM
Here are some more examples of how your bible writers were pretty much ignorant in all matters even remotely scientific. I challenge you to read this. But ten bucks and my left nut say you will not. LOL

http://home.nctv.com...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 8:13:34 PM
At 6/22/2015 5:05:30 PM, inferno wrote:

If you want real life (proof) about the spirit world, then go where the spirit dwellers are.

And, that is where, exactly?

But I warn you, this will be an experience that you will remember for life You know who they are. Don't be a coward sitting behind a computer looking for rational evidence about the spirits. Life will show you what you need to know. And the world will not hesitate to give it to you. =)
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
There would be peace if you obeyed us.~Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 6:01:01 AM
At 6/22/2015 4:42:55 PM, inferno wrote:
Sources?

What do you believe in.

G-d, I suppose. If there was any Messiah, I think Jesus was probably that.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 9:44:43 AM
At 6/23/2015 6:01:01 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Sources?

What do you believe in.

Are you okay.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 10:13:46 AM
At 6/23/2015 9:44:43 AM, inferno wrote:
Sources?

What do you believe in.

Are you okay.

LOL, not really. At least mentally.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 10:25:48 AM
At 6/23/2015 10:13:46 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Sources?

What do you believe in.

Are you okay.

Tell me. What is wrong then.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 5:35:13 PM
At 6/23/2015 10:25:48 AM, inferno wrote:
Sources?

What do you believe in.

Are you okay.

Everything.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 5:43:47 PM
At 6/23/2015 5:35:13 PM, Emilrose wrote:
Sources?

What do you believe in.

Are you okay.

Everything.

Out of interest. Why do you or God care if God's name (which is just a label for the concept - especially given the changes in languages etc.) is destroyed (I presume that is the reason why you type G-d instead of Gid).

Further, if you accept the premise that words and symbols are just labels for agreed upon concept (hence how God's name changes between different languages and eras), then even "G-d" becomes a label for the agreed upon concept of "God" - which means that destroying something with "G-d" on it indeed destroys God's name just as much as destroying "God" does. Since both collections of symbols refer to exactly the same concept - in exactly the same way that "God" in another language does.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 6:52:37 PM
At 6/23/2015 5:43:47 PM, Envisage wrote:
Sources?

What do you believe in.

Are you okay.

Everything.

Out of interest. Why do you or God care if God's name (which is just a label for the concept - especially given the changes in languages etc.) is destroyed (I presume that is the reason why you type G-d instead of Gid).

It's more habit than anything. Apparently his name *can* be destroyed if you spell it "God" and that's just stayed with me. Sometimes I forget, but generally I spell it the former way. Literally because that's what I learned.

Further, if you accept the premise that words and symbols are just labels for agreed upon concept (hence how God's name changes between different languages and eras), then even "G-d" becomes a label for the agreed upon concept of "God" - which means that destroying something with "G-d" on it indeed destroys God's name just as much as destroying "God" does. Since both collections of symbols refer to exactly the same concept - in exactly the same way that "God" in another language does.

I don't know about that ;) The whole point of "G-d" is that it cannot be destroyed and/or undermined in any way. When it's spelled as "God" it can obviously be used to refer to a number of gods, instead of the one in the Hebrew bible. It all goes back to the Mitzvot commandments.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 6:54:45 PM
At 6/23/2015 6:52:37 PM, Emilrose wrote:
Sources?

What do you believe in.

Are you okay.

Everything.

It's more habit than anything. Apparently his name *can* be destroyed if you spell it "God" and that's just stayed with me. Sometimes I forget, but generally I spell it the former way. Literally because that's what I learned.

I don't know about that ;) The whole point of "G-d" is that it cannot be destroyed and/or undermined in any way. When it's spelled as "God" it can obviously be used to refer to a number of gods, instead of the one in the Hebrew bible. It all goes back to the Mitzvot commandments.

This would be a lot easier if you renamed your God "Bob" - or "B-b"... Then.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 6:58:18 PM
At 6/23/2015 6:54:45 PM, Envisage wrote:
Sources?

What do you believe in.

Are you okay.

Everything.

This would be a lot easier if you renamed your God "Bob" - or "B-b"... Then.

Hehe, like "the one and only B-b", or "B-bs chosen people"...that would be good.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2015 9:19:26 AM
Sources?

What do you believe in.

Are you okay.

Everything.

When God is spelled with a capital G it means the God Of Abraham. Everybody knows this.
RoderickSpode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2015 7:12:35 AM
At 6/21/2015 5:30:42 PM, Skyangel wrote:
I doubt many will tell you what they think about that because they do not want to believe it so they will simply close their eyes and pretend to not see it.

The interesting thing is that it provides evidence that the stories are all fictional. The names of the mythical characters make no difference to the message in the stories.
It appears the same message has been conveyed through similar stories even before the books of the NT were written.

It makes one look closer at the stories to find the message rather than just skim the surface and believe that a faith in a mythical character can save anyone from anything.

The question is do people need saving from anything? If so, from what do they need saving and what methods or processes are available to save them?

What message does the story convey to you ?
It is obviously not about a fictional character saving anyone from a fictional place called hell.
One of the problems within the Jesus Myth/Copy Cat Jesus genre is that Jesus Christ is all supposedly one and the same with Julius Caesar. However, if Jesus is a copycat of earlier deities that predate both Jesus and Caesar, where does that leave poor Caesar?

Some fun similarities to ponder:

Lincoln - Kennedy coincidences

1) Lincoln was elected in 1860, Kennedy in 1960, 100 years apart

2) Both men were deeply involved in civil rights for African Americans.

3) Both men were assassinated on a Friday, in the presence of

their wives.

4) Each wife had lost a child while living at the White House.

5) Both men were killed by a bullet that entered the head from behind.

6) Lincoln was killed in Ford's Theater. Kennedy met his death while

riding in a Lincoln convertible made by the Ford Motor Company.

7) Both men were succeeded by vice-presidents named Johnson who were

southern Democrats and former senators.

8) Andrew Johnson was born in 1808. Lyndon Johnson was born in 1908,

exactly one hundred years later.

9) The first name of Lincoln's private secretary was John, the last

name of Kennedy's private secretary was Lincoln.

10) John Wilkes Booth was born in 1839 [according to some sources] Lee

Harvey Oswald was born in 1939, one hundred years later.

11) Both assassins were Southerners who held extremist views.

12) Both assassins were murdered before they could be brought to trial.

13) Booth shot Lincoln in a theater and fled to a warehouse. Oswald

shot Kennedy from a warehouse and fled to a theater.

14) LlNCOLN and KENNEDY each has 7 letters.

15) ANDREW JOHNSON and LYNDON JOHNSON each has 13 letters.

16) JOHN WlLKES BOOTH and LEE HARVEY OSWALD each has 15 letters.

17) A Lincoln staffer Miss Kennedy told him not to go to the Theater. A Kennedy

staffer Miss Lincoln, told him not to go to Dallas.

The supposed Titan/Titanic prophesy

Titanic was 882 ft. long, Robertson's Titan was 800 ft. long.
Both ships carried too few lifeboats: Titanic had 20, Titan had 24.
Both struck an iceberg and sank because of a gash in the starboard side of the ship.
Titanic and Titan both met their doom in April.
Titanic carried approx. 2200 passengers, Titan carried 2500.
Both ships were exceeding recommended speeds when they struck the icebergs.
Titanic and Titan both sank bow first.
Each vessel was touted as 'unsinkable'.

And of course, the greatest disparity between the two is that Titanic really existed while Titan is a fictitious ship created by a writer many years before the tragedy.
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 2:43:19 AM

What say you, christian?

Response: That was the first coming. He went by Bacchus. The second coming he was named Jesus. The third coming he will be called Bob. Savy?
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 4:59:20 AM

What say you, christian?

Wikipedia makes no reference to any of that
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 5:01:34 AM

What say you, christian?

Encyclopedia Britannica doesn't mention any of that.

http://www.britannica.com...
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 5:36:34 AM
At 6/22/2015 4:25:00 PM, Dogknox wrote:
God became man so he could pay for the sin of Adam!
IF a God ' paid the price ' then why does your Cult insist we are not all already forgiven, what with your Cult's God already having ' paid the price? " LOL!

At 6/22/2015 4:25:00 PM, Dogknox wrote:
All sins bring death... All die because of Adams sin, all are living in a corrupted creation because of Adams sin!
***: ALL die because of Adam's sin you say & jebus died so by your theory jebus was a sinner or else it couldn't have died!

You dimwit! you just admitted jebus must have been a Sinner (*** above)

&

Heb. 7:27 also confirms your admission jebus was a Sinner and it offered up a sacrifice FIRST for its own sins . . . .