Guys, you can stop now.

KthulhuHimself
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2016 4:53:04 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
The earth is round, gravity exists; here's the proof:

1) If the earth is flat, and if gravity does not exist, then we must assume that everything moves downwards for some other reason.

2) If the earth does not rest on something, then nothing would keep it up, and it would fall (as everything is pulled down, and gravity is out of the equation for this purpose, as it is excluded from the flat earth model).

3) If the earth rests on something, then that something must also rest on something else, otherwise it too would fall.

4) If we have "support all the way down", the pressure will grow as one goes deeper into the ground, and because it would continue to go down in this manner indefinitely, the pressure would eventually be large enough to create a thermonuclear chain reaction that would convert everything we know into the surface of a massive (infinite, in fact) star.

5) The situation described in 4) is not the case, observably (we are not a bloody star).

6) Because neither limited support nor indefinite support can account for simple observation, the flat earth model is disproven, leaving the only other model to account for why we "stick" to the ground, to be gravity, in a spheroid-model environment (because a flat structure could not be stable in a gravitation affected model).

7) Gravity exists; the earth is round.
fishhunter61
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2016 9:37:54 PM
At 12/12/2016 4:53:04 PM, KthulhuHimself wrote:

1) If the earth is flat, and if gravity does not exist, then we must assume that everything moves downwards for some other reason.

2) If the earth does not rest on something, then nothing would keep it up, and it would fall (as everything is pulled down, and gravity is out of the equation for this purpose, as it is excluded from the flat earth model).

3) If the earth rests on something, then that something must also rest on something else, otherwise it too would fall.

4) If we have "support all the way down", the pressure will grow as one goes deeper into the ground, and because it would continue to go down in this manner indefinitely, the pressure would eventually be large enough to create a thermonuclear chain reaction that would convert everything we know into the surface of a massive (infinite, in fact) star.

5) The situation described in 4) is not the case, observably (we are not a bloody star).

6) Because neither limited support nor indefinite support can account for simple observation, the flat earth model is disproven, leaving the only other model to account for why we "stick" to the ground, to be gravity, in a spheroid-model environment (because a flat structure could not be stable in a gravitation affected model).

Someone should tell "Edlvsjd" about this forum.
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 5:36:54 AM

You shouldget this published and get a Nobel or something, gravity remains a mystery for even the most indoctrinated of scientism.

Everything doesn't move down, and just saying "gravity" is not a valid reason either. There are many theories, including barometric pressure and diamagnetism, I can't speculate which is correct, but I know gravity is insufficient, because of objective evidence that the earth is not a ball. If you want to put up this inconclusive, hypothetical evidence based on assumptions upon assumption, you'll have a bad day trying to convince me, or likely yourself. That's what you really need, self-confirmation.

Your model suggests that there is an infinite vacuum, with an infinite number of planets and stars to occupy said infinite vacuum. To say that an infinite sea of dense water or some silicate material is less logical than the opposite is insubstantial, and does not hold water.

https://www.google.com...

"Gravity is make believe. Yes, I know" I am very impressed with your ability to hold up a pen and drop it to the ground to show me "proof" that gravity exists. However, you are simply showing one of the natural properties of weight, wherein items that weigh more than the substance around them fall and if they weight less than the substance around them, they rise.
A balloon filled with hydrogen, which is the lightest of the gases and lighter than nitrogen, oxygen and the rest of the elements that make up air, will rise if released. A balloon with helium will do the same because it is also lighter than the air around it but will rise up slightly slower. If however you have a baseball and release it, it will fall to the ground, not because of gravity as you were taught but because the baseball weighs more than the air around it. Gravity is simply a magical word used for an all encompassing force that does whatever is needed of it and in most cases it is used to prove a ball earth. Take a look at this paragraph from wikipedia and tell me if you really think gravity is capable of these most amazing attributes.
"AS A CONSEQUENCE, GRAVITY HAS A NEGLIGIBLE INFLUENCE ON THE BEHAVIOR OF SUB-ATOMIC PARTICLES, AND PLAYS NO ROLE IN DETERMINING THE INTERNAL PROPERTIES OF EVERYDAY MATTER. ON THE OTHER HAND, GRAVITY IS THE DOMINANT FORCE AT THE MACROSCOPIC SCALE, THAT IS THE CAUSE OF THE FORMATION, SHAPE, AND TRAJECTORY AND ORBIT OF ASTRONOMICAL BODIES, INCLUDING THOSE OF ASTEROIDS, COMETS, PLANETS, STARS, AND GALAXIES. IT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR CAUSING THE EARTH AND THE OTHER PLANETS TO ORBIT THE SUN; FOR CAUSING THE MOON TO ORBIT THE EARTH; FOR THE FORMATION OF TIDES; FOR NATURAL CONVECTION, BY WHICH FLUID FLOW OCCURS UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF A DENSITY GRADIENT AND GRAVITY; FOR HEATING THE INTERIORS OF FORMING STARS AND PLANETS TO VERY HIGH TEMPERATURES; FOR SOLAR SYSTEM, GALAXY, STELLAR FORMATION AND EVOLUTION; AND FOR VARIOUS OTHER PHENOMENA OBSERVED ON EARTH AND THROUGHOUT THE UNIVERSE."
If you are a thinking individual and know when your leg is being pulled, you will of course see this as nothing but nonsense in word form. Gravity does not exist and is simply a tool used to convince people that they live on a ball."

-Jeran from jeranism
"Heck, I probably could have argued better for the flat earth- KthuluHimself"

"Yes, I'm a pseudoscientists; I don't know what an experiment is"-Ramshutu

Time is Running out
http://www.npr.org...
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 8:26:05 AM
At 12/13/2016 5:36:54 AM, Edlvsjd wrote:

Why is the holocaust bullsh*t? What does it have in common with the other bullsh*t things?
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
Annnaxim
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 9:08:11 AM
Everything doesn't move down...
You're right there, because everything that moves up, has long left the earth.

and just saying "gravity" is not a valid reason either.
What is the force, that keeps you in your chair?

There are many theories, including barometric pressure and diamagnetism, I can't speculate which is correct, but I know gravity is insufficient, because of objective evidence that the earth is not a ball. If you want to put up this inconclusive, hypothetical evidence based on assumptions upon assumption, you'll have a bad day trying to convince me, or likely yourself. That's what you really need, self-confirmation.
Tell me Ed... What happens at edge of a flat earth? Do we get lighter?

Your model suggests that there is an infinite vacuum, with an infinite number of planets and stars to occupy said infinite vacuum. To say that an infinite sea of dense water or some silicate material is less logical than the opposite is insubstantial, and does not hold water.

Yay!

"Atlas holds the world on his shoulders as a punishment handed down by the almighty Zeus."
"And on what does Atlas stand on?
"On a turtle."
"On what does the turtle stand on"
"Why, on another turtle, and so on all the way down to the bottom."
KthulhuHimself
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 3:47:52 PM
At 12/12/2016 9:37:54 PM, fishhunter61 wrote:

Someone should tell "Edlvsjd" about this forum.

I'm addressing him with this post; take a look at this, you'll see how he's like when faced with rational thought: http://www.debate.org...
KthulhuHimself
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 3:54:31 PM

You shouldget this published and get a Nobel or something, gravity remains a mystery for even the most indoctrinated of scientism.
Gravity existing is no mystery; maybe how it works, but not the simple fact of it existing.

Everything doesn't move down, and just saying "gravity" is not a valid reason either. There are many theories, including barometric pressure and diamagnetism, I can't speculate which is correct, but I know gravity is insufficient, because of objective evidence that the earth is not a ball.
You are genuinely funny.
If you want to put up this inconclusive, hypothetical evidence based on assumptions upon assumption, you'll have a bad day trying to convince me, or likely yourself. That's what you really need, self-confirmation.
So you're saying things can just float? That kinda goes against the whole concept of "weight" your kind propagates.

Irrelevant.

https://www.google.com...
Still irrelevant.

"Gravity is make believe. Yes, I know" I am very impressed with your ability to hold up a pen and drop it to the ground to show me "proof" that gravity exists. However, you are simply showing one of the natural properties of weight, wherein items that weigh more than the substance around them fall and if they weight less than the substance around them, they rise.
A balloon filled with hydrogen, which is the lightest of the gases and lighter than nitrogen, oxygen and the rest of the elements that make up air, will rise if released. A balloon with helium will do the same because it is also lighter than the air around it but will rise up slightly slower. If however you have a baseball and release it, it will fall to the ground, not because of gravity as you were taught but because the baseball weighs more than the air around it. Gravity is simply a magical word used for an all encompassing force that does whatever is needed of it and in most cases it is used to prove a ball earth. Take a look at this paragraph from wikipedia and tell me if you really think gravity is capable of these most amazing attributes.
"AS A CONSEQUENCE, GRAVITY HAS A NEGLIGIBLE INFLUENCE ON THE BEHAVIOR OF SUB-ATOMIC PARTICLES, AND PLAYS NO ROLE IN DETERMINING THE INTERNAL PROPERTIES OF EVERYDAY MATTER. ON THE OTHER HAND, GRAVITY IS THE DOMINANT FORCE AT THE MACROSCOPIC SCALE, THAT IS THE CAUSE OF THE FORMATION, SHAPE, AND TRAJECTORY AND ORBIT OF ASTRONOMICAL BODIES, INCLUDING THOSE OF ASTEROIDS, COMETS, PLANETS, STARS, AND GALAXIES. IT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR CAUSING THE EARTH AND THE OTHER PLANETS TO ORBIT THE SUN; FOR CAUSING THE MOON TO ORBIT THE EARTH; FOR THE FORMATION OF TIDES; FOR NATURAL CONVECTION, BY WHICH FLUID FLOW OCCURS UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF A DENSITY GRADIENT AND GRAVITY; FOR HEATING THE INTERIORS OF FORMING STARS AND PLANETS TO VERY HIGH TEMPERATURES; FOR SOLAR SYSTEM, GALAXY, STELLAR FORMATION AND EVOLUTION; AND FOR VARIOUS OTHER PHENOMENA OBSERVED ON EARTH AND THROUGHOUT THE UNIVERSE."
If you are a thinking individual and know when your leg is being pulled, you will of course see this as nothing but nonsense in word form. Gravity does not exist and is simply a tool used to convince people that they live on a ball."

TL;DR.
-Jeran from jeranism

A charlatan exposed time and time again for his lies and b'spouting.
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 4:05:23 PM
At 12/13/2016 8:26:05 AM, Devilry wrote:

Why is the holocaust bullsh*t? What does it have in common with the other bullsh*t things?

It's bullsh!t thatstwhat it has in common.

Time is Running out
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 4:08:37 PM
At 12/13/2016 4:05:23 PM, Edlvsjd wrote:

Yeah, but why are they lying to us about it? Why are they lying to us about space and dinosaurs, for that matter?
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 4:13:38 PM
At 12/13/2016 4:08:37 PM, Devilry wrote:

Yeah, but why are they lying to us about it? Why are they lying to us about space and dinosaurs, for that matter?

The Holohoax was perpetrated to get financial and sympathetic support, space and dinosaurs were perpetrated for monetary gain, and of course to fulfill prophesy, namely the great deception.

Time is Running out
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 4:15:11 PM
At 12/13/2016 4:13:38 PM, Edlvsjd wrote:

The Holohoax was perpetrated to get financial and sympathetic support, space and dinosaurs were perpetrated for monetary gain, and of course to fulfill prophesy, namely the great deception.

Where's all this money going, though?
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 5:26:51 PM
At 12/13/2016 4:15:11 PM, Devilry wrote:

Where's all this money going, though?

Ultimately to the 1%, the top of the social pyramid.

Time is Running out
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 6:17:26 PM
At 12/13/2016 9:08:11 AM, Annnaxim wrote:
Everything doesn't move down...
You're right there, because everything that moves up, has long left the earth.

There's still helium down here, it will eventually move up, rockets go up and come down, hot air balloons come back down... a submarine goes up and down in the water... I could go on.

and just saying "gravity" is not a valid reason either.
What is the force, that keeps you in your chair?

See below

There are many theories, including barometric pressure and diamagnetism, I can't speculate which is correct, but I know gravity is insufficient, because of objective evidence that the earth is not a ball. If you want to put up this inconclusive, hypothetical evidence based on assumptions upon assumption, you'll have a bad day trying to convince me, or likely yourself. That's what you really need, self-confirmation.
Tell me Ed... What happens at edge of a flat earth? Do we get lighter?

Why do you assume there is an edge? Because every time your confronted with the idea of a flat earth you are shown a picture of boats and water spilling over the side?

Yay!

"Atlas holds the world on his shoulders as a punishment handed down by the almighty Zeus."
"And on what does Atlas stand on?
"On a turtle."
"On what does the turtle stand on"
"Why, on another turtle, and so on all the way down to the bottom."

Time is Running out
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 6:29:43 PM
At 12/13/2016 6:17:38 PM, MagicAintReal wrote:
What do you think happens to space when interacting with mass?

Define space

Time is Running out
MagicAintReal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 6:34:10 PM
At 12/13/2016 6:29:43 PM, Edlvsjd wrote:

Define space

The three-dimensional extent in which objects and events have relative position and direction
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 6:58:47 PM
At 12/13/2016 6:34:10 PM, MagicAintReal wrote:

Define space

The three-dimensional extent in which objects and events have relative position and direction

Like, that could be my living room

Time is Running out
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 7:57:20 PM
At 12/13/2016 6:34:10 PM, MagicAintReal wrote:

Define space

You want me to describe what happens to the air in my living room that is interacting with mass? Define mass.

Time is Running out
MagicAintReal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 9:21:43 PM
You want me to describe what happens to the air in my living room that is interacting with mass? Define mass.

Not just the air.
What effect does mass have on the position of and the distance between macroscopic matter consisting of atoms and particles?
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 10:18:55 PM
At 12/13/2016 9:21:43 PM, MagicAintReal wrote:

Not just the air.
What effect does mass have on the position of and the distance between macroscopic matter consisting of atoms and particles?

Your question makes little sense to me. Here's one for you, what do subliminal messages read between lines in this video?

https://youtu.be...

Time is Running out
MagicAintReal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2016 1:01:04 AM

The video hardly answers the question that I posed.
What effect, in your estimation, does mass have on the position of and the distance between mass?

How does mass effect space?
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2016 5:07:23 AM
At 12/14/2016 1:01:04 AM, MagicAintReal wrote:

The video hardly answers the question that I posed.
What effect, in your estimation, does mass have on the position of and the distance between mass?

Mass is not attracted to mass if that's what your getting at. It has never been conclusively shown in any experiment.

How does mass effect space?

Time is Running out
MagicAintReal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2016 12:26:40 PM
Mass is not attracted to mass if that's what your getting at. It has never been conclusively shown in any experiment.

I never said that, I just wanted to know YOUR explanation for mass's effect on space.
What is your explanation for how mass effects space?
Please just answer that question directly.
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2016 1:49:24 PM
At 12/14/2016 12:26:40 PM, MagicAintReal wrote:

I never said that, I just wanted to know YOUR explanation for mass's effect on space.
What is your explanation for how mass effects space?
Please just answer that question directly.

it doesn't

Time is Running out
fishhunter61
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2016 9:54:40 PM

Now you believe the holocaust is a hoax? Sigh.
Philosophy101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2016 10:48:51 PM
I'm confused haven't planes circumnavigated the globe--or do they just go to the other side, like Pacman.
Power is illusiory, only strength is eternal.
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2016 4:44:29 AM
At 12/14/2016 10:48:51 PM, Philosophy101 wrote:
I'm confused haven't planes circumnavigated the globe--or do they just go to the other side, like Pacman.

Time is Running out
Philosophy101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2016 5:13:37 AM
At 12/15/2016 4:44:29 AM, Edlvsjd wrote:

I'm sorry, but this is absurd, I'll point out a few thing:

1. We have reached the South Pole which is not allowed on flat earth ideology.

2. If it were true, those going from australia to South America would take much longer than those going from China to America; when it really takes as long as from Russia to Canada.

3. Ttraveling east on this conception would be constantly going perpendicular to your motion, thus traveling in a circle. Can you show that when we think we are going straight we should actually be going perpendicular?

4. Finally it makes some vague conspiratorial reference to the 'evil' UN banning north to south circumnavigation. What in God's name does the UN have to do with flat earth.
Power is illusiory, only strength is eternal.
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2016 7:06:55 AM
At 12/15/2016 5:13:37 AM, Philosophy101 wrote:
At 12/15/2016 4:44:29 AM, Edlvsjd wrote:

I'm sorry, but this is absurd, I'll point out a few thing:

1. We have reached the South Pole which is not allowed on flat earth ideology.

Who is we? Did you carry a compass with you to be sure? They say they've been to the south pole, but they also say the earth is a ball.

2. If it were true, those going from australia to South America would take much longer than those going from China to America; when it really takes as long as from Russia to Canada.

http://tabooconspiracy.com...

3. Ttraveling east on this conception would be constantly going perpendicular to your motion, thus traveling in a circle. Can you show that when we think we are going straight we should actually be going perpendicular?

Planes fly mostly by computers in relatively straight lines from port to port. The only way they tell direction is by compass. The real question is, why don't we notice we are flying on a constant nose down descent? Do you know the allowed curvature for the earth?

4. Finally it makes some vague conspiratorial reference to the 'evil' UN banning north to south circumnavigation. What in God's name does the UN have to do with flat earth.

Besides the Antarctic treaty and the use of the flat earth map as their logo and flag?

Time is Running out