Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2017 11:04:25 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 1/11/2017 9:06:21 PM, Devilry wrote:
At 1/11/2017 9:03:37 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/11/2017 8:56:37 PM, Devilry wrote:
At 1/11/2017 8:51:41 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

And we have like 30-40 murders a year to the US's 16,000. Never had a serial killer, school-shooting, anything like that. And nobody terrorises us because we're only have the laugh.

I think you are forgetting the IRA and the people that died in the bombings every year.

That was us terrorising other people; that's different. And it was only a bit of craic.

IRA contents itself these days with keeping heroin at bay. Great bunch of lads.

As part of ongoing U.S. efforts against terrorism, the Secretary of State has designated the terrorist group Continuity Irish Republican Army, along with its aliases Continuity Army Council and Republican Sinn Fein, as a foreign terrorist organization under the Immigration and Nationality Act.

I am unfazed by the Secretary of State's efforts.
"Whatever else is evil, the pride of a good mother in the beauty of her daughter is good. It is one of those adamantine tendernesses which are the touchstones of every age and race. If other things are against it, other things must go down. If landlords and laws and sciences are against it, landlords and laws and sciences must go down. With the red hair of one she-urchin in the gutter I will set fire to all modern civilization."
- G. K. Chesterton -
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2017 11:38:37 PM
At 1/11/2017 8:04:58 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 1/11/2017 7:43:07 PM, Archaholic wrote:
At 1/11/2017 7:31:23 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
United States of America is the greatest country in the world because you can live like a king and be free and buy whatever you want, live wherever you like, say whatever you want thanks to free speech, and the people in the rest of the world all want to live here, that is why they all immigrate to America to live their American dream.

People might disagree but then why is everyone migrating here then, People from third world countries migrate to other countries with the point of eventually ending up in America, international students all come here. People from all over the world come to America, people from Asia, Africa, Europe, middle East all want to come to America.

I'm not knocking all the other countries in the world, (seen many of them) but for the overall quality of life I have to say America is the best.

God Bless America

You're wrong. If I were to look for the best quality of life, I wouldn't turn to America. Canada would be a better choice instead.

I would go to America just to study or make money. It is well known that the US has the best universities in the world. Also, it's a good choice to set up a bussiness, the US market is incredibly huge.

But never, ever, settle down in the US. It's my opinion.

BR

it comes down to how much freedom do you actually want, or how much are you willing to give up depending on where you are going and where you are from.

There might be a suitable place for me in the US. But in the whole I consider the US as the most individualistic country in the world, which goes against my principles. If I had to live in a place, that would be a place where people take care of their neighbors, a society that is worry about their future generation. Most of the americans live their lives so isolated, they don't give up anything that can put in risk their comfortable life style.

This is a kind of quibble, so don't take the wrong way. I wanted to say it long time ago as I see most of you are americans. I know most of the western civilization goes the same way, but the US is like the most representative in that matter.

BR
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2017 11:44:13 PM
At 1/11/2017 8:12:14 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
United States of America is the greatest country in the world because you can live like a king and be free and buy whatever you want, live wherever you like, say whatever you want thanks to free speech, and the people in the rest of the world all want to live here, that is why they all immigrate to America to live their American dream.

People might disagree but then why is everyone migrating here then, People from third world countries migrate to other countries with the point of eventually ending up in America, international students all come here. People from all over the world come to America, people from Asia, Africa, Europe, middle East all want to come to America.

I'm not knocking all the other countries in the world, (seen many of them) but for the overall quality of life I have to say America is the best.

God Bless America

You're wrong. If I were to look for the best quality of life, I wouldn't turn to America. Canada would be a better choice instead.

I would go to America just to study or make money. It is well known that the US has the best universities in the world. Also, it's a good choice to set up a bussiness, the US market is incredibly huge.

BR

So you like the Universities and making money in the US but you wouldn't want to live there. C'mon there are many beautiful places to live in the US, you can live in Key West with sunshine all year round, or if you like the wilderness you can have a ranch in Colorado or sunny California or if you like colder weather then settle in the northern states, plus all the space you want, it's not cramped like Europe or Asia
But I'm used to the cramped places, like Europe. I know there are places like this in the US, like New York, or Chicago. But as I stated, your culture -or non-culture- is the problem.

BR
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2017 1:34:23 PM
At 1/11/2017 11:38:37 PM, Archaholic wrote:

God Bless America

BR

it comes down to how much freedom do you actually want, or how much are you willing to give up depending on where you are going and where you are from.

There might be a suitable place for me in the US. But in the whole I consider the US as the most individualistic country in the world, which goes against my principles. If I had to live in a place, that would be a place where people take care of their neighbors, a society that is worry about their future generation. Most of the americans live their lives so isolated, they don't give up anything that can put in risk their comfortable life style.

This is a kind of quibble, so don't take the wrong way. I wanted to say it long time ago as I see most of you are americans. I know most of the western civilization goes the same way, but the US is like the most representative in that matter.

BR

I understand what you are saying. Many of us long for the old fashioned U.S. for sure. There is still some communities out there, though not so much in the big cities. The days of knowing your neighbors are passing by unfortunately. There isn't a sense of community to the extent that once was, so yes I totally understand what you are saying, many feel the same way.
BobTheRocket2 wrote:
Arguing with a liberal is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what, it's going to knock over the pieces, crap all over the board, and strut around like it's victorious.

"Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual.
- Drizzt Do'Urden"
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2017 8:18:38 PM
At 1/12/2017 1:34:23 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

God Bless America

BR

BR

I understand what you are saying. Many of us long for the old fashioned U.S. for sure. There is still some communities out there, though not so much in the big cities. The days of knowing your neighbors are passing by unfortunately. There isn't a sense of community to the extent that once was, so yes I totally understand what you are saying, many feel the same way.

So, Kevin, are you totally aware that your lifestyle is kind of cold and sometimes dull? I mean, I refer specifically to the suburbs' lifestyle, in which you barely have human contact, and you have to drive long distances to make interesting things, like have fun with your family and mingle with some people. Not to mention the lack of public spaces like markets or recreational spaces, which are warmer than the cold supermarkets or malls.

Besides, the consumerism insanely practiced in your country is like destroying the remaining american culture.

BR
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2017 9:06:12 PM
At 1/12/2017 8:18:38 PM, Archaholic wrote:

God Bless America

BR

BR

So, Kevin, are you totally aware that your lifestyle is kind of cold and sometimes dull? I mean, I refer specifically to the suburbs' lifestyle, in which you barely have human contact, and you have to drive long distances to make interesting things, like have fun with your family and mingle with some people. Not to mention the lack of public spaces like markets or recreational spaces, which are warmer than the cold supermarkets or malls.

Besides, the consumerism insanely practiced in your country is like destroying the remaining american culture.

BR

that's not my life style at all. I do live in the suburbs, we have several farmers markets, 2 civic centers (one in a down close by) all within 10 miles or so, a recently refurbished downtown area, again with out door markets.
here take a look
https://www.google.com...

I guess that's the thing about the U.S. you can actually find what you are looking for, you just have to look a little bit.

consumerism affects all developed countries and people with money to spend, that's the world we now live in.
BobTheRocket2 wrote:
Arguing with a liberal is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what, it's going to knock over the pieces, crap all over the board, and strut around like it's victorious.

"Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual.
- Drizzt Do'Urden"
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2017 11:58:38 PM
At 1/12/2017 9:06:12 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

God Bless America

BR

BR

BR

that's not my life style at all. I do live in the suburbs, we have several farmers markets, 2 civic centers (one in a down close by) all within 10 miles or so, a recently refurbished downtown area, again with out door markets.
here take a look

I guess that's the thing about the U.S. you can actually find what you are looking for, you just have to look a little bit.

consumerism affects all developed countries and people with money to spend, that's the world we now live in.
Kevin, it's good to see you don't go shopping at the malls and supermarkets, they kill all this sense of community we've talked about.

And you are right when saying consumerism is everywhere, but I sure don't see a black Friday where I live. That is sick!! :-)

BR
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2017 3:00:07 AM
At 1/12/2017 11:58:38 PM, Archaholic wrote:
At 1/12/2017 9:06:12 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

God Bless America

BR

BR

BR

here take a look

Kevin, it's good to see you don't go shopping at the malls and supermarkets, they kill all this sense of community we've talked about.

And you are right when saying consumerism is everywhere, but I sure don't see a black Friday where I live. That is sick!! :-)

BR

it is lol, when I lived up north the Canadians would even come across the border for black Friday, that was many years ago, but they would drive hours just to shop, it really is very silly. I went once just to see, the same deals could be had even the next day, there's no real point to it other than it's a spectacle.
BobTheRocket2 wrote:

- Drizzt Do'Urden"
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2017 6:27:16 AM
At 1/13/2017 3:00:07 AM, kevin24018 wrote:

In 'Treasure of the Sierra Madre' an exchange goes something like
'Tampico is a lousy town to be broke in'.
'What town isn't?'
Great movie, btw.

Countries are all more or less the same - they're all good places to be if you have money, all bad places to be if you don't. Today there's hardly anywhere on the planet you can't buy a coca-cola - if you have the price. On the other hand there's hardly anywhere you can get a coke if you don't have it.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2017 7:09:37 AM

God Bless America

I couldn't help but think of this clip while reading your post -

With that said though, I think it's healthy to criticize the nation I live in. We can't solve an issue if we aren't aware that something is an issue in the first place.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2017 5:14:22 PM
Posted: 4 days ago

God Bless America

'MURICA
jesus loves you