Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2017 11:04:25 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 1/11/2017 9:06:21 PM, Devilry wrote:
At 1/11/2017 9:03:37 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 1/11/2017 8:56:37 PM, Devilry wrote:
At 1/11/2017 8:51:41 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

And we have like 30-40 murders a year to the US's 16,000. Never had a serial killer, school-shooting, anything like that. And nobody terrorises us because we're only have the laugh.

I think you are forgetting the IRA and the people that died in the bombings every year.

That was us terrorising other people; that's different. And it was only a bit of craic.

IRA contents itself these days with keeping heroin at bay. Great bunch of lads.

As part of ongoing U.S. efforts against terrorism, the Secretary of State has designated the terrorist group Continuity Irish Republican Army, along with its aliases Continuity Army Council and Republican Sinn Fein, as a foreign terrorist organization under the Immigration and Nationality Act.

I am unfazed by the Secretary of State's efforts.
"See now Oblivion shimmering all around us, its very tranquility deadlier than tempest. How little all our keels have troubled it."
- Lord Dunsany -

"Over her head the stars, the thoughts of God in the heavens,
Shone on the eyes of man, who had ceased to marvel and worship"
- Henry Longfellow -

"We enjoy, we see nothing by direct vision; but only by reflection, and in anatomical dismemberment."
- Thomas Carlyle -
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2017 11:38:37 PM
At 1/11/2017 8:04:58 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 1/11/2017 7:43:07 PM, Archaholic wrote:
At 1/11/2017 7:31:23 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
United States of America is the greatest country in the world because you can live like a king and be free and buy whatever you want, live wherever you like, say whatever you want thanks to free speech, and the people in the rest of the world all want to live here, that is why they all immigrate to America to live their American dream.

People might disagree but then why is everyone migrating here then, People from third world countries migrate to other countries with the point of eventually ending up in America, international students all come here. People from all over the world come to America, people from Asia, Africa, Europe, middle East all want to come to America.

I'm not knocking all the other countries in the world, (seen many of them) but for the overall quality of life I have to say America is the best.

God Bless America

You're wrong. If I were to look for the best quality of life, I wouldn't turn to America. Canada would be a better choice instead.

I would go to America just to study or make money. It is well known that the US has the best universities in the world. Also, it's a good choice to set up a bussiness, the US market is incredibly huge.

But never, ever, settle down in the US. It's my opinion.

BR

it comes down to how much freedom do you actually want, or how much are you willing to give up depending on where you are going and where you are from.

There might be a suitable place for me in the US. But in the whole I consider the US as the most individualistic country in the world, which goes against my principles. If I had to live in a place, that would be a place where people take care of their neighbors, a society that is worry about their future generation. Most of the americans live their lives so isolated, they don't give up anything that can put in risk their comfortable life style.

This is a kind of quibble, so don't take the wrong way. I wanted to say it long time ago as I see most of you are americans. I know most of the western civilization goes the same way, but the US is like the most representative in that matter.

BR
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2017 11:44:13 PM
At 1/11/2017 8:12:14 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
United States of America is the greatest country in the world because you can live like a king and be free and buy whatever you want, live wherever you like, say whatever you want thanks to free speech, and the people in the rest of the world all want to live here, that is why they all immigrate to America to live their American dream.

People might disagree but then why is everyone migrating here then, People from third world countries migrate to other countries with the point of eventually ending up in America, international students all come here. People from all over the world come to America, people from Asia, Africa, Europe, middle East all want to come to America.

I'm not knocking all the other countries in the world, (seen many of them) but for the overall quality of life I have to say America is the best.

God Bless America

You're wrong. If I were to look for the best quality of life, I wouldn't turn to America. Canada would be a better choice instead.

I would go to America just to study or make money. It is well known that the US has the best universities in the world. Also, it's a good choice to set up a bussiness, the US market is incredibly huge.

BR

So you like the Universities and making money in the US but you wouldn't want to live there. C'mon there are many beautiful places to live in the US, you can live in Key West with sunshine all year round, or if you like the wilderness you can have a ranch in Colorado or sunny California or if you like colder weather then settle in the northern states, plus all the space you want, it's not cramped like Europe or Asia
But I'm used to the cramped places, like Europe. I know there are places like this in the US, like New York, or Chicago. But as I stated, your culture -or non-culture- is the problem.

BR
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2017 1:34:23 PM
At 1/11/2017 11:38:37 PM, Archaholic wrote:

God Bless America

BR

it comes down to how much freedom do you actually want, or how much are you willing to give up depending on where you are going and where you are from.

There might be a suitable place for me in the US. But in the whole I consider the US as the most individualistic country in the world, which goes against my principles. If I had to live in a place, that would be a place where people take care of their neighbors, a society that is worry about their future generation. Most of the americans live their lives so isolated, they don't give up anything that can put in risk their comfortable life style.

This is a kind of quibble, so don't take the wrong way. I wanted to say it long time ago as I see most of you are americans. I know most of the western civilization goes the same way, but the US is like the most representative in that matter.

BR

I understand what you are saying. Many of us long for the old fashioned U.S. for sure. There is still some communities out there, though not so much in the big cities. The days of knowing your neighbors are passing by unfortunately. There isn't a sense of community to the extent that once was, so yes I totally understand what you are saying, many feel the same way.
BobTheRocket2 wrote:
Arguing with a liberal is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what, it's going to knock over the pieces, crap all over the board, and strut around like it's victorious.

"Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual.
- Drizzt Do'Urden"
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2017 8:18:38 PM
At 1/12/2017 1:34:23 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

God Bless America

BR

BR

I understand what you are saying. Many of us long for the old fashioned U.S. for sure. There is still some communities out there, though not so much in the big cities. The days of knowing your neighbors are passing by unfortunately. There isn't a sense of community to the extent that once was, so yes I totally understand what you are saying, many feel the same way.

So, Kevin, are you totally aware that your lifestyle is kind of cold and sometimes dull? I mean, I refer specifically to the suburbs' lifestyle, in which you barely have human contact, and you have to drive long distances to make interesting things, like have fun with your family and mingle with some people. Not to mention the lack of public spaces like markets or recreational spaces, which are warmer than the cold supermarkets or malls.

Besides, the consumerism insanely practiced in your country is like destroying the remaining american culture.

BR
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2017 9:06:12 PM
At 1/12/2017 8:18:38 PM, Archaholic wrote:

God Bless America

BR

BR

So, Kevin, are you totally aware that your lifestyle is kind of cold and sometimes dull? I mean, I refer specifically to the suburbs' lifestyle, in which you barely have human contact, and you have to drive long distances to make interesting things, like have fun with your family and mingle with some people. Not to mention the lack of public spaces like markets or recreational spaces, which are warmer than the cold supermarkets or malls.

Besides, the consumerism insanely practiced in your country is like destroying the remaining american culture.

BR

that's not my life style at all. I do live in the suburbs, we have several farmers markets, 2 civic centers (one in a down close by) all within 10 miles or so, a recently refurbished downtown area, again with out door markets.
here take a look
https://www.google.com...

I guess that's the thing about the U.S. you can actually find what you are looking for, you just have to look a little bit.

consumerism affects all developed countries and people with money to spend, that's the world we now live in.
BobTheRocket2 wrote:
Arguing with a liberal is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what, it's going to knock over the pieces, crap all over the board, and strut around like it's victorious.

"Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual.
- Drizzt Do'Urden"
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2017 11:58:38 PM
At 1/12/2017 9:06:12 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

God Bless America

BR

BR

BR

that's not my life style at all. I do live in the suburbs, we have several farmers markets, 2 civic centers (one in a down close by) all within 10 miles or so, a recently refurbished downtown area, again with out door markets.
here take a look

I guess that's the thing about the U.S. you can actually find what you are looking for, you just have to look a little bit.

consumerism affects all developed countries and people with money to spend, that's the world we now live in.
Kevin, it's good to see you don't go shopping at the malls and supermarkets, they kill all this sense of community we've talked about.

And you are right when saying consumerism is everywhere, but I sure don't see a black Friday where I live. That is sick!! :-)

BR
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2017 3:00:07 AM
At 1/12/2017 11:58:38 PM, Archaholic wrote:
At 1/12/2017 9:06:12 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

God Bless America

BR

BR

BR

here take a look

Kevin, it's good to see you don't go shopping at the malls and supermarkets, they kill all this sense of community we've talked about.

And you are right when saying consumerism is everywhere, but I sure don't see a black Friday where I live. That is sick!! :-)

BR

it is lol, when I lived up north the Canadians would even come across the border for black Friday, that was many years ago, but they would drive hours just to shop, it really is very silly. I went once just to see, the same deals could be had even the next day, there's no real point to it other than it's a spectacle.
BobTheRocket2 wrote:

- Drizzt Do'Urden"
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2017 6:27:16 AM
At 1/13/2017 3:00:07 AM, kevin24018 wrote:

In 'Treasure of the Sierra Madre' an exchange goes something like
'Tampico is a lousy town to be broke in'.
'What town isn't?'
Great movie, btw.

Countries are all more or less the same - they're all good places to be if you have money, all bad places to be if you don't. Today there's hardly anywhere on the planet you can't buy a coca-cola - if you have the price. On the other hand there's hardly anywhere you can get a coke if you don't have it.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2017 7:09:37 AM

God Bless America

I couldn't help but think of this clip while reading your post -

With that said though, I think it's healthy to criticize the nation I live in. We can't solve an issue if we aren't aware that something is an issue in the first place.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator & Official Voting Group Czar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2017 5:14:22 PM

God Bless America

'MURICA
The Official DDO Precedent

jesus loves you

DO NOT TAKE THIS LINK: http://www.debate.org...
Swagnarok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2017 12:22:23 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
'MERICA! Whoot yeah!
banned from the interwebz

The white man created this country, and the orange man will destroy it.
-Tajshar2k
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2017 9:36:47 PM

God Bless America

I'm not sure what metrics you are using but those days are long gone.

The US is not even listed in the top 10 of personal freedom.

http://www.narcity.com...#
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2017 2:36:25 PM
At 2/4/2017 9:36:47 PM, matt8800 wrote:

God Bless America

So where do you prefer to live?
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2017 7:49:13 PM
At 2/6/2017 2:36:25 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 2/4/2017 9:36:47 PM, matt8800 wrote:

God Bless America

So where do you prefer to live?

Probably Canada. English is the predominant language and its close to where I live now, which would make it easier to visit friends and family. I do love Europe though.
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2017 3:27:58 AM
At 1/11/2017 9:56:46 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

God Bless America

BR

Canada is a good runner up in pretty much every way to the United States. Nicer than almost every state but Minnesota, and maybe Alaska though I've never been there. Still though, we win and we have so much more to offer. That's why they are so nice to us. Canada has amazing hunting and fishing, but so does the US. They got us beat at hockey though, which may be the best sport in the world.
I'd like to use your post to clear up some things that I can't get out of my head. If you think the US has more things to offer, then why Canada is considered a better place to live?

This question also goes to FanBoyMcTroll.

BR
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2017 2:00:12 PM
I'd like to use your post to clear up some things that I can't get out of my head. If you think the US has more things to offer, then why Canada is considered a better place to live?

BR

I think Canada is a nice country to live in BUT it's freezing 6 months of the year, the taxes are second highest in the world, so whatever you make cut that in half and then you will get taxed on the rest, and that is to pay for the free health care.

But I still say America is better, more job opportunities, way better climate then Canada, that is why all the Canadians spend their winters in Florida and Arizona, especially the old people (Snow Birds) they call them.

I prefer living in America way better, it's cheaper then Canada to live and I don't need to freeze or see snow at all if I live in the south.
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2017 3:28:02 PM
At 2/8/2017 2:00:12 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

BR

I think Canada is a nice country to live in BUT it's freezing 6 months of the year, the taxes are second highest in the world, so whatever you make cut that in half and then you will get taxed on the rest, and that is to pay for the free health care.

But I still say America is better, more job opportunities, way better climate then Canada, that is why all the Canadians spend their winters in Florida and Arizona, especially the old people (Snow Birds) they call them.

I prefer living in America way better, it's cheaper then Canada to live and I don't need to freeze or see snow at all if I live in the south.
Yeah, the weather is decisive when it comes to live in a place.

The tax is not an issue for me because I know it's going to be used by the goverment to make a better place to live. And you can see the difference, Canada is doing better than the US, I mean according to several statistics.

But, tell me, is there any difference to be canadian or american? The US also has cold cities, like Boston, Chicago or New York, so living in Montreal would be the same as living in Boston for example, you would live under a cold weather, but in your vacations you can enjoy the sun of Miami or California.

Maybe we have to compare cities instead of entire countries. In this sense, I think canadian cities are better than american cities (the cold ones).

BR
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2017 4:33:36 PM
But, tell me, is there any difference to be canadian or american? The US also has cold cities, like Boston, Chicago or New York, so living in Montreal would be the same as living in Boston for example, you would live under a cold weather, but in your vacations you can enjoy the sun of Miami or California.

Maybe we have to compare cities instead of entire countries. In this sense, I think canadian cities are better than american cities (the cold ones).

BR

The Canadian cities are a lot safer because of the gun laws and a lot cleaner due to the fact that the government takes half your money. Other then that I don't see too much difference between USA and Canada, you could say Canada is the 51 state of USA. The food is a little different like poutine in Canada and Canadian back bacon but for the most part Canada and USA are very similar. Canada is way less populated with just 39 million people in a country almost same size as the US but USA has almost 400 million people, so a lot of remote areas in Canada.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2017 4:38:25 PM

BR

This is kind of a nice referral to see what Americans pay in Taxes for anyone who is interested. It varies substantially, so don't worry, if you want to throw your money away, you still can, not as not quite as proficiently as Canadians however. It seems likely with bleak outlooks on the future our insane national debt, with continued support for military spending that our taxes will rise eventually, or who knows, maybe we'll just face inflation.

https://www.nerdwallet.com...
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2017 5:19:08 PM
At 2/8/2017 3:28:02 PM, Archaholic wrote:

BR

This is what I'm talking about. America has places below sea level and towering mountains, deserts, glaciers seasons, cold winters, year round warmth, islands, lakes rivers, planes, and the people vary just as much. I was poking fun earlier, and I want to convey to you that canadians are known for being nice, but so are Americans, just not all of them. If you like nice people, Minnesota has some of the nicest. Many cultures in the US have people who are known to give the shirt off their back for ya. If you don't like people, there is space in America. If you don't like people, but like not liking them, there is New York.

The tax is not an issue for me because I know it's going to be used by the goverment to make a better place to live. And you can see the difference, Canada is doing better than the US, I mean according to several statistics.

Statistics schmasmistics. If you want health care and education all you gotta do is move to the right place in America. The taxes they pay do not equate to the service they recieve, which is similar, since as the joke goes, Canada is just another part of America. They have the same education systems, but don't have segregation riddled relics plaguing their statistics. Whats more, with all the money you aren't paying in taxes, you can treat yourself, and your family to your own accord.

Think, 20% of your total income could still be in your pocket, for whatever you want. It will still go towards your needs more than likely, but in your own free will, to your own personal advantage, to pay only the people who's service you prefer.

BR
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2017 5:25:36 PM

BR

BR

Additionally I might add, this goes to all of the people of your community. Some people think Americans are selfish 'I' people, but what they don't realise, is that capitalism is the allowance to be an "I" times 300 million people if they choose. Its really "y'all shouldn't have to do this unless y'all want to".
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2017 3:12:12 PM
At 2/8/2017 5:25:36 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

BR

BR

Additionally I might add, this goes to all of the people of your community. Some people think Americans are selfish 'I' people, but what they don't realise, is that capitalism is the allowance to be an "I" times 300 million people if they choose. Its really "y'all shouldn't have to do this unless y'all want to".
Hummm..... it seems like americans are more selfish than canadians because in Canada people don't care so much about taxes but about their community's wealth. I mean, your message is like "if you want to make money out of paying less taxes, go to the US".

I'm still not convinced. I said it in my very first post, I would go to America just if I wanted to make lot of money because, as you said, the US is the perfect country for a business to easily succeed. The problem is that I'm not looking for money, I just want a place where to live peacefully and in community.

On the other hand, if people prefer american cities than canadians because of the weather, then why there are people living in the most north american cities like Boston, Michigan, New York, and such? Why these people don't go to California or Florida to live?

BR
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2017 5:03:43 PM
On the other hand, if people prefer american cities than canadians because of the weather, then why there are people living in the most north american cities like Boston, Michigan, New York, and such? Why these people don't go to California or Florida to live?

BR

This is my biggest question to Americans, why don't they all live in the south, I met many people from Boston, Chicago, Detroit all in Florida, a lot move down. I think a lot stay in the north because of families, maybe they don't mind the cold or for work purposes. I know I'm retiring in Florida, I go twice a year there and I love it, soon I will be buying a house down there.

Screw the cold, I want sun and heat and be able to sit on the beach most of the year when I'm old and decrepit, I don't need to be pushing my walker through 2 feet of snow while my knuckles are turning purple. No thanks

Florida all the way!!
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2017 8:12:08 PM
At 2/10/2017 5:03:43 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

BR

This is my biggest question to Americans, why don't they all live in the south, I met many people from Boston, Chicago, Detroit all in Florida, a lot move down. I think a lot stay in the north because of families, maybe they don't mind the cold or for work purposes. I know I'm retiring in Florida, I go twice a year there and I love it, soon I will be buying a house down there.

Screw the cold, I want sun and heat and be able to sit on the beach most of the year when I'm old and decrepit, I don't need to be pushing my walker through 2 feet of snow while my knuckles are turning purple. No thanks

Florida all the way!!
This is in regards to retirement. What about work? What is the best place to work, or to make business? I want to make money in the US, FanBoy, where should I go? Where should I invest?

BR
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2017 2:22:32 PM
At 2/11/2017 8:12:08 PM, Archaholic wrote:
At 2/10/2017 5:03:43 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

BR

Florida all the way!!
This is in regards to retirement. What about work? What is the best place to work, or to make business? I want to make money in the US, FanBoy, where should I go? Where should I invest?

BR

Best places to make money in the USA is New York City or Los Angeles, but most big cities will give you good return on your investments. It all depends what business you are in. If you are lets say adult living or retirement business, then the Florida Keys or Arizona are good places. I would say anywhere down both coasts of the US or Gulf of Mexico are good business places. The mid west and some northern cities such as Chicago, Detroit and Buffalo are suffering and I wouldn't take my business there. Detroit is bankrupt and Buffalo will be soon too.

So NYC or LA are your best choices