"500,000 Americans now have health coverage through the federal exchange, state exchanges, and Medicaid expansion," says the Democratic National Committee. Do you feel this statement, while true, veils the actual situation?

Asked by: bigdave
  • Health Care is Exapanding

Several hundreds of thousands of American will be covered alone through the Medicaid expansion, if the Governor approved the funds for his constituents in their state. On top of that, without having to be curtailed by preexistent conditions, a lot more people have access to the health care market that were not able to before. More people are able to get health care.

• It's a Fact

I think a fact is a fact. I don't see how stating that 500,000 Americans now have health coverage through the federal exchange, state exchanges, and Medicaid expansion veils any situation. When we look at previously rolled out health care initiatives like this, there is a period of adjustment and then when people get used to it, it flourishes. I believe the same will likely happen with the Affordable Care Act.